• 184 results
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Static Shock
@SlimJ87D: Pretty sure Panther could take Cap, with or without the gadgets.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Static Shock
@SlimJ87D said:

"static, madison, what is our goal here? what r we all trying to prove exactly? it's starting to become a waste of time unless if we r just conversing about their abilities now and not talking about them actually fighting anymore. i feel this thread is going no where now. "

I'm just trying to refute any discrepancies for both sides, especially Spidey. MaskedEidolon doesn't understand how the Spider-Sense works, and feels as if Black Panther could evade it.
Avatar image for themaskedeidolon
TheMaskedEidolon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@Static Shock:  
I do. He was never a threat to spidey before, unless he makes himself a threat here the spider-sense should not go off. If Panther's immediate reaction to the "Go" or gun shot that signals the start of the fight is to back off and get some distance between himself and spidey the spider sense shouldn't be able to sense him. How perceptive is the spider-sense? Could panther not simply mask his intent if he did wish to harm him or is it beyond a persons ability to deceive? 

Also that scan you posted of BP in the west was the one I was thinking of when I said he might have done the drop 5 people at once trick. Once you reach a certain speed you can perform this trick it's irrelevant if your faster than whats required to do this. It's like if you need 100 of coins to buy a new toy, your getting the toy if you have 100 or 150, the extra 50 is irrelevant to your acquiring the toy.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By slimj87d

yeah but static and my point is spider-man can do it much faster. spider-man is just that fast man, i'm sure spider-man doesn't have to exert himself as much as BP has to to do this feat.

if i have a 1000 and u have 100 and we both buy the toy for 50, u had to pay a lot more than i did because it was 50 percent of ur living budget. if we maxed it out u can buy 2 toys and i can buy 20.

I'm sure spider-man is just much faster than BP, but u have disagreed with me.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Static Shock
@TheMaskedEidolon said:

" @Static Shock:  I do. He was never a threat to spidey before, unless he makes himself a threat here the spider-sense should not go off. If Panther's immediate reaction to the "Go" or gun shot that signals the start of the fight is to back off and get some distance between himself and spidey the spider sense shouldn't be able to sense him. How perceptive is the spider-sense? Could panther not simply mask his intent if he did wish to harm him or is it beyond a persons ability to deceive? 

Why wouldn't he be a threat to him here? This is a fight between Symbiote Spidey and Black Panther. Panther would obviously be a threat here, even if he was never a threat before. Even if Panther tried to run at the beginning of the fight, it wouldn't matter. The guy that Spidey pursued in the scan I posted triggered the Spider-Sense, even when he was trying to leave. Even the slightest reaction to Spider-Man's presence could trigger it, especially if that person is already a threat. 

No Caption Provided

As far as masking his intent, I doubt it.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Static Shock
@TheMaskedEidolon said:
"Once you reach a certain speed you can perform this trick it's irrelevant if your faster than whats required to do this.
Of course they can both do it, but Spidey does it much faster. The feats may be similar, but Spider-Man achieves it faster, and at the same time, takes out more people in the process.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Surge2477

just throw these silly a__ scans. just take all of the abilities of spider-man & black panther. strength, speed, reflexes, agility, equilibrium, endurance, durability, intellignece, fighting skills. panther may be a better fighter, but spider-man (symbiote or not) wins this fight. the force of a 20,000lbs punch or two will beat the black panther.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Static Shock
@Surge2477 said:
" just throw these silly a__ scans. just take all of the abilities of spider-man & black panther. strength, speed, reflexes, agility, equilibrium, endurance, durability, intellignece, fighting skills. panther may be a better fighter, but spider-man (symbiote or not) wins this fight. the force of a 20,000lbs punch or two will beat the black panther. "
There are other factors than just their abilities. First of all, Spider-Man's strength will be defeated by the Vibranium suit. It took blows from people stronger than Spider-Man. While I agree that Spider-Man would win, using punches and kicks will not work.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Surge2477

i just think that black panther will tire at some point vs spider-man. the avoiding of a single foe (even one as skilled as bp) shouldn't be that difficult for spider-man. not saying that black panther won't land a punch or two, but logic (comic book logic) suggests that spider-man will be the winner of this battle between he & black panther.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Static Shock
@Surge2477 said:

"not saying that black panther won't land a punch or two, but logic (comic book logic) suggests that spider-man will be the winner of this battle between he & black panther. "

Of course, under normal conditions in a random encounter. But, if T'Challa is given time to plan and prep against Spider-Man beforehand, he could possibly win. At the same time, if Spidey goofs off like he normally does (he did it against Captain America, Wolverine, Shang Chi, Nightcrawler, Kingpin, Punisher, Moon Knight, and Daredevil, either losing or coming close to losing to them) T'Challa could also possibly win in that scenario.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By slimj87d
@Static Shock: 

With preparation, BP would easily win in my opinion because he could show up in a BP Ironman suit. But a fight like this would be unlikely and we are talking about no preparation here.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Static Shock
@SlimJ87D said:
" @Static Shock:   With preparation, BP would easily win in my opinion because he could show up in a BP Ironman suit. "
I don't even think an Iron Man suit would be required. Something of this nature, though. His Vibranium light-armor, along with other things he could equip just for Spider-Man. Of course, the light armor is already built into the suit and responds to his thoughts.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By slimj87d
@Static Shock: 

hmmm... I was starting to respect the BP more and more because I thought he was closer to someone I can relate to, someone with minimal powers but now he's become like a power ranger.

I like characters that are more vulnerable and rely on skills and fighting ability. That's why Bucky is my favorite character.

Only way he can beat Cap in my eyes now is because he has all kinds of technology and money from a nation he owns.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Static Shock
@SlimJ87D said:
"Only way he can beat Cap in my eyes now is because he has all kinds of technology and money from a nation he owns."
He can defeat Captain America without any of those things. He defeated the last Black Panther with only his fighting skills (T'Challa wasn't even enhanced by the heart-shaped herb yet, while the last Black Panther was). He defeated the Red Skull in H2H combat as well, without any tech, and broke his jaw in half. Red Skull is supposed to be Captain America's relative equal, too and T'Challa wasn't even wearing his Vibranium suit there. He's fought Killmonger for 13 hours with nothing but H2H skills. Killmonger, at the time, was genetically and mystically enhanced past normal humans, strong enough to punch holes in oak trees and kill elephants by tackling them. T'Challa wasn't even wearing his Vibranium suit in that fight, and was able to endure attacks that could have killed any normal man then. T'Challa has even defeated a Super-Skrull using nothing but H2H, and this same Skrull had T'Challa's own fighting style, along with the styles of some of Marvel best fighters, claws like Wolverine, aim like Bullseye, a weakened version of Iron Fist's Chi, and Luke Cage's strength and durability. During the fight, he was able to find the Skrull's tells, whereas it could only use one power at a time. At the same time, he found when the Skrull was invulnerable and when he wasn't, allowing him to break the Skrull's limbs and leave it there to bleed to death. He's humiliated Karnak twice in battle without gadgets, knocking him out in their most recent fight with one well-placed knee kick. He's even defeated an alien lupine humanoid creature only using H2H, and ended up breaking its neck.

T'Challa does have technology available, but don't make him out to be a scrub without it. LOL. He's just as dangerous.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By slimj87d

@Static Shock: 

He can defeat Steve (this was the Cap I was talking about), but I give it a 50-50 H2H no gear, because of going off from the stats from the handbook and it's pretty 50 50 to me.  But after I post this, I do not want to get into it, not in this topic.

Panther:

Intelligence

Strength

Speed

Durability

Energy Projection

3 (1 no gear)
Fighting Skills

Steve:

Intelligence

Strength

Speed

Durability

Energy Projection

Fighting Skills

But with gear, Panther gets energy projectile and he would win 7 to 5. 

Now for reasons why I like Bucky the most out of all 3 of them is because he doesn't have a super soldier formula, and that garners a large amount of respect from me. His vulnerability makes him written well. But that is my opinion and not part of a debate.

The Red Skull is a chump, I don't think it's safe to compare him with Steve. He has gotten his ass kicked too many times to be considered a real threat to to anyone at H2H.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Static Shock
@SlimJ87D said:
"
@Static Shock: 

He can defeat Steve (this was the Cap I was talking about), but I give it a 50-50 H2H no gear, because of going off from the stats from the handbook and it's pretty 50 50 to me.  But after I post this, I do not want to get into it, not in this topic.
You sure those stats are from the Handbook? I saw them on Marvel Database. Black Panther being a 5 in fighting skills isn't right. In comics, he's dubbed as a master of all forms of hand-to-hand combat. That would at least garner a 6 or a 7.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By slimj87d
@Static Shock: 

Yes, this is from the handbook, not from the website. I contribute and write articles on the Marvel Wikia. I have gotten to know the admins and they are very strict and often fix things that are bogus immediately. We only allow things to be changed if all the members gather their sources and compare their notes.  I guess I will have to post this here, I wrote this in another thread and it gives reason why the marvel database on their website is totally wrong.

It starts after this sentence.

@SlimJ87D

said: 
 If you are knowledgeable about that website, then you can't follow it.

Did you know from 2003 to 2008 they had Spider-man Strength, speed, durability at a 6 and his energy projectile somewhere at a 3? God knows Spider-man has no energy projectile, and look at your rating for Clint there, he has a 2!

Energy Projection:

The ability to discharge energy.

1. None
  2. Ability to discharge energy on contact
  3. Short range, short duration, single energy type
  4. Medium range, duration, single energy type
  5. Long range, long duration, single energy type
  6. Able to discharge multiple forms of energy
  7. Virtually unlimited command of all forms of energy
 When did Clint get powers to project energy? You tell me. Second that gives it away is the intelligence.

Intelligence:

The ability to think and process information.

1. Slow/Impaired
  2. Normal
  3. Learned
  4. Gifted
  5. Genius
  6. Super-Genius
  7. Omniscient
 Clint is not a Genius, he grew up in a circus. When did he have time to study and get a degree in anything?

The stats on the website aren't the same as the ones in the official hand book. I'll tell you why, because the ones on the marvel website are edited by the admins, not the writers. The ones in the official handbooks are edited by the writes and NOT THE ADMINS.

At one time they even had the Hulks speed at a 7. We all know the Hulk is not fast as Pietro. You get where I'm getting at? 

Speed:

The ability to move over land by running or flight.

1. Below normal
  2. Normal
  3. Superhuman: peak range: 700 MPH
  4. Speed of sound: Mach-1
  5. Supersonic: Mach-2 through Orbital Velocity
  6. Speed of light: 186,000 miles per second
  7. Warp speed: transcending light speed
 The Stats for the Hulk on that website are rated at a 6. Now if the Hulk could move at the speed of light then he could own Galactus.

My stats are coming from official hand books which are looked at more accurately. The states from Marvel Wikia are from the handbooks as well and you're not allowed to edit them unless you give proof which I do. They don't go off the Marvel website for that reason. I can go on and one and point out hundreds of stats that don't make sense from that website. Wolverine having a durability of 4? I think I rested this case. If you want to convince me that your sources are right then you have to explain the flaw in everything I presented here.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Static Shock
@SlimJ87D said:
"My stats are coming from official hand books which are looked at more accurately. The states from Marvel Wikia are from the handbooks as well and you're not allowed to edit them unless you give proof which I do. They don't go off the Marvel website for that reason. I can go on and one and point out hundreds of stats that don't make sense from that website. Wolverine having a durability of 4? I think I rested this case. If you want to convince me that your sources are right then you have to explain the flaw in everything I presented here. "
I'm aware of the ratings in the Handbook. I just think that some of them don't add up for some characters, especially Black Panther and Captain America. They are said to be peak-human, but they consistently do things in comics that would suggest that they are a level higher than just that. For example, they have both done things that would suggest that they could lift more than 800 lbs. Narration for Black Panther doesn't even suggest that he's a peak-human, but above it. I have never even mentioned Marvel.com as a credible source. Most of what I've seen comes from the comic books therein.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By slimj87d
@Static Shock: 

Yeah, I totally agree with you. But comic book writers have freedom to follow what ever rules they want. The purpose of the handbook is to give us a general idea to follow. And not just us but the comic book writers themselves. Black Panther was recently easily kidnapped and owned in Hulk #20 because the write didn't write him well. But at the same time, he has done well in other writers hands. This is our problem here guys.

It is because of these rules that different comic book writers create are the reasons why comic book geeks like us end up debating. This is the reason that this will be my last post on this topic because there is no right or wrong answers here. We are debating by using many different writers creative ideas which are endless. There are too many ambiguities in our evidence and opinions that create too many open variables for this debate to ever end.

For this topic to reach 10 pages, I believe we should try and all agree to lay it at rest. 

I propose that Static, Madison and I myself come to a conclusion that we all can agree upon. Mine are that the Black Panther is no chump and is a force to be recon with. But at the same time, a fight with Spider-man with the symbiote is no cake walk and the odds are slightly against him.

Done.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Static Shock
@SlimJ87D said:
" @Static Shock:   Yeah, I totally agree with you. But comic book writers have freedom to follow what ever rules they want. The purpose of the handbook is to give us a general idea to follow. And not just us but the comic book writers themselves. Black Panther was recently easily kidnapped and owned in Hulk #20 because the write didn't write him well. But at the same time, he has done well in other writers hands. This is our problem here guys.  It is because of these rules that different comic book writers create are the reasons why comic book geeks like us end up debating. This is the reason that this will be my last post on this topic because there is no right or wrong answers here. We are debating by using many different writers creative ideas which are endless. There are too many ambiguities in our evidence and opinions that create too many open variables for this debate to ever end.  For this topic to reach 10 pages, I believe we should try and all agree to lay it at rest.   I propose that Static, Madison and I myself come to a conclusion that we all can agree upon. Mine are that the Black Panther is no chump and is a force to be recon with. But at the same time, a fight with Spider-man with the symbiote is no cake walk and the odds are slightly against him. Done. "
OK. One last thing. Who is Madison? LOL.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By slimj87d
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Static Shock
@SlimJ87D said:
"  I have no clue O_O

LMAO, I think I meant 
TheMaskedEidolon      HAHAHA "
LMAO
Avatar image for themaskedeidolon
TheMaskedEidolon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D:  
Lol. I've leaned enough from this debate. 
I can agree to these terms .  
Vezok123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Vezok123

This is spite.

Spiderman in a few seconds...

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumy I'm curious

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By jashro44

Spider-man for a majority. The symbiote shouldn't make a difference.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter

Avatar image for xerothehedgeh209
XeroTheHedgeh209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_animal: But Black Panther Is Smarter Than Peter And He Would Take The Fight More Seriously Than Symbiote Spidey.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

peter slaughters

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers