Surviving the God Blast

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pretty straightforward Thor uses the God Blast against the following. Who can survive? This isn't in any particular order.

Captain America /with shield

Magneto /with shields up

Green Lantern (Hal) shields

Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton

Emma Frost in Diamond Form

Dr. Strange /with shields

Alan Scott /with shields

Binary

Onslaught /with shields

Wonder Woman /with bracelets crossed

Thanos no shield

Dormammu

Darkseid

Ultron

Monarch

Phoenix

Galactus

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GoldKing

NOTE: Bold means I'm sure. "?" Means I'm not.

Pretty straightforward Thor uses the God Blast against the following. Who can survive? This isn't in any particular order.

Magneto /with shields up - ?

Green Lantern (Hal) shields - ?

Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton (At the very least, his Adamantium survives)

Emma Frost in Diamond Form - ?

Dr. Strange /with shields - ?

Alan Scott /with shields - ?

Binary - ?

Onslaught /with shields

Wonder Woman /with bracelets crossed (bracelets survive, but don't know about her)

Thanos no shield

Dormammu

Darkseid

Ultron

Monarch - ?

Phoenix

Galactus

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even know why it's a question for Galactus given he already has.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

basically what Goldking said.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus survived cause he ran away, if he didn't the he would have perished - In his own words

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boldunderlined can survive surely

Magneto /with shields up- Dies

Green Lantern (Hal) shields

Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton

Emma Frost in Diamond Form -dies horribly

Dr. Strange /with shields depends on version

Alan Scott /with shields

Binary -dies

Onslaught /with shields

Wonder Woman /with bracelets crossed (with broken arms and a terrible headache)

Thanos no shield -gets ko'd thought

Dormammu Laughs at it i suppose, if full power

Darkseid gets ko'd but survives

Ultron laughs at it in true adamantium form

Monarch Laughs at it

Phoenix

Galactus

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By darkseid1006

IIRC Galactus said that if he had not fled he would have perished from Thor's godblast to me this says a lot…anyone who is below Galactus durability should be destroyed.

To me that means

Cap w/shield-dies

Wonder Woman w/bracelets-dies

Magneto w/shields up-dies

Green Lantern w/shields up-dies

Wolverine skeleton-destroyed

Emma Frost-dies

Dr Strange-his shields may be strong enough but I'm doubting it

Alan Scott-most likely dies

The only ones I think have chances of surviving are

Dr Strange (depending on which version and its still unlikely)

Phoenix

Galactus (depends if he's allowed to run like he has done before if not he said himself he would perish)

Monarch (possibly depending if he can move out the way after he's been hit by the blast or has to stand still and tank it)

Dormammu (unsure wether he could but he seems pretty powerful)

I based this on the effect the Godblast had on Galactus and the fact Galactus said that he would have perished from it but its been a while since I read that and I could be wrong about it anyone post the scan or explain what happened?

EDIT

no I was right here's the instance when he blasted Galactus and it was said that Galactus would have perished had he not fled

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67877/3478647-thor+161-19.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67877/3478648-thor+161-20.jpg

He really could kill most the people her with it.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Cooldes

Didn't the godblast do in sultur and ymir?

Anyone under skyfather level should insta-die imo.

people with special items still die, but items survive. Except hal, he just plain dies altogether

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

As I remember Galactus was god blasted after fighting some thing from Oblivion and was starving so I will wait for scans but as for now.

Captain America /with shield= Sheild Can

Magneto /with shields up= No

Green Lantern (Hal) shields= No

Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton= Skeleton can

Emma Frost in Diamond Form= No

Dr. Strange /with shields= Maybe

Alan Scott /with shields= Yes

Binary= Will amp her

Onslaught /with shields= Yes

Wonder Woman /with bracelets crossed= maybe

Thanos no shield= maybe

Dormammu= yes

Darkseid= maybe

Ultron= yes

Monarch= yes

Phoenix= yes

Galactus= yes

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By New_World_Order

I'm pretty sure the god blast would obliterate even Adamantium and Vibranium. It has pushed back Classic Juggernaut while he was running (which is almost impossible), hurt the Dark God Zelia who is Odin level, made a starving Galactus flee as it would have killed him, destroyed Exit a Celestials dome, and killed Durok the Demolisher a being too powerful Classic Thor and Silver Surfer

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darkseid1006

@bronze_surfer: @cooldes: I'm not sure the conditions Galactus was in but he would have destroyed Asgard if Thor hadn't blasted him as stated here

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67877/3478647-thor+161-19.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67877/3478648-thor+161-20.jpg

It is also said that Galactus would have perished regardless the condition this IMO is still a very impressive feat and I doubt that a adamantium or vibranium objects would survive a blast that would have felled Galactus bit that's just my opinion.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@darkseid1006: Where did it say he would have been destroyed regardless of his condition? I don't see that but I swear Galactus jobs to much. He goes from fighting celestials to being harmed by Thor who could not harm Celestials with a god blast IIRC

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pooty

@cooldes: Didn't the godblast do in sultur and ymir?

No. It teleported them away

@darkseid1006:

@experio said:

@isaac_clarke said:

Galactus survived cause he ran away, if he didn't the he would have perished - In his own words

You're right Galactus did run but Galactus was also STARVING. not hungry. STARVING. I'm thinking WW can take it. I have never seen those bracelets break or anything....as far as i know

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America /with shield - Probably, but I can't guaranteed he'll still be conscious

Magneto /with shields up - I don't remember the last time Magneto shield got breached, I only know it's very hard but I don't think it can handle magical blast very well so I don't think he can survive God blast.

Green Lantern (Hal) shields - I don't think he have a will to form a shield that strong, so no.

Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton - His skeleton will remains intact, but it'll essentially be lifeless.

Emma Frost in Diamond Form - She won't survive that, she have been shattered by far lesser force.

Dr. Strange /with shields - Modern Strange, I'm not sure, but I believe he can form a shield strong enough. Classic Strange I would be sure he can survive that.

Alan Scott /with shields - Depends on how much power he could harness from Starheart, with full Starheart he can definitely survive.

Binary - No, Ms. Marvel on steroid isn't enough.

Onslaught /with shields - He'll definitely survive that, even though I think his shield will be breached but his durability will hold up.

Wonder Woman /with bracelets crossed - Considering that her bracelets took the blast from the pantheon of Greek Gods, she could have survive but she'll still be knocked out by tremendous shock waves.

Thanos no shield - Probably loses conscious, but he'll survive.

Dormammu - Dormammu will definitely feel it, but he'll survive it.

Darkseid - Probably loses conscious.

Ultron - He's only one here that is not truly a living things so he might be able to survive with severe malfunction, thank to his adamantium shell.

Monarch - He basically contain the energy of the entire universe, so it should include all the mystical energy within him, he should be able to survive, but his armor won't hold up and he'll probably explode, destroy the entire universe and he himself will time-jump due to immense energy unleashed.

Phoenix - Phoenix is above life and death, so it should survive if we're talking about the entity. I'm not so sure about the host.

Galactus - Depends on how hungry he is, but even when he's hungry, he should survive the first blast, it'll take multiple blasts to take him down but most of the time he should be able to no-sold at least one.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i agree with most people with what they said, though there is a possibility that cap and wonderwoman die because the blast could hit them where they arent shielded

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Experio

@pooty: You dont have to tell me, I read the comic. Regarding the bracelets, I have never seen them break either but there's always a first time unless its protected Wonder Woman against an attack much more powerful than the God-blast.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darkseid1006

@pooty: just asking is there any evidence that you can get that claims Galactus was starving when he was Godblasted by Thor?

Also there is no way Wonder Woman or Captain America can take a Godblast the items may be able to but the Godblast "engulfed Galactus in mystical energy" if it can cover a being the size of Galactus then it covers Captain America and Wonder Woman and they die.Anyway is a Vibrainium shield actually more durable than a starving Galactus? I'm not too sure it is but that's just my opinion.

@angryhulks: I agree with most of yours but there's some things I disagree with as well which I will point out.

Captain America will still die as the Godblast will engulf him in mystical energy as it did Galactus and kill him but there are a couple other things about the Cap thing

1. I don't actually think that Caps strength could hold his shield up to a Godblast I see it more like he try's gets blown of his feat in the procces and then destroyed by the blast.

2. Can a Vibrainium plate take that much power? Is it really more durable than a starving Galactus? I have my doubts and I have backed up evidence that almost proves that it could not do here it goes…right ill start with what is stronger Adamantium or Vibrainium? My answer is Adamantium is stronger but Vibrainium absorbs impact rather than just full on takes it so it technically makes it more durable but it has broke before however I can't remember the issue. However in

The Mighty Thor Volume 2 #1

The destroyer attacked the Avengers and when it was just him and Thor Hawkeye said that it even a Adamantium slab could take the beating that was being thrown at Thor which was only two punches from the destroyer and based on feats a Godblast is much more powerful than just two punches from the destroyer therefore it should be able to destroy a Vibrainium slab/shield as well but there is no full proof to back this up apart from Captain Americas shield breaking in the past and the fact that it never ever had anything as powerful as Thor's Godblast thrown at it.

For the same reasons as Caps shield I will say that Wolverines Adamantium skeleton will not be intact as if two hits from the destroyer can smash Adamantium a Godblast from Thor can either rip it apart or destroy it.

Same for Ultron too if Adamantium can be destroyed by a Godblast than he is defiantly dead most likely he'll be completely torn apart by Thor's Godblast but if not his shell is penetrated badly and everything inside of him is torn apart.

And the last one I disagree with is Monarch because his armour was able to contain the power to destroy a universe and was only ever torn of his body by a guardian amped superman prime who has power way beyond Thor's Godblast and it was only ever managed because Monarch was toying with him and his armour was never actually cracked IIRC just ripped of off him.

Power of the Big Bang >>>> Godblast

Hope this managed to change your mind about some of the outcomes.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: The event with Galactus was actually briefly explained many years later in a Thor annual, basically saying that Galactus had been exhausted during his battle with Ego (same issue). It is worth noting the original issue was published back in the beginning of 1969; at that point, Galactus did not have a very well-defined role in the cosmic hierarchy (to my knowledge, most of the stuff about him being a 3rd pillar of the universe and being necessary to its survival came in the late 80's). Even his origin was slightly different, as he described Taa being destroyed by a plague (rather than radiation), and the last survivors flew their ship into a star (not the big crunch). He was later retconned to have been the survivor of the universe before this one.

Cap and WW have both survived energy blasts that have had more than enough area to cover their whole bodies. In Secret Wars Cap uses his shield to protect himself from Human Torches Nova blast, which was an area attack that melted just about everything in the room they were fighting in (including Ultron's innards). Cap was fine. Wonder Woman has deflected a large ball of energy (certainly much larger than her bracelets) created by 3 skyfathers.

Cap isn't going to get smashed because it is a canon property of his shield to absorb impacts. This is how he can use it to block punches from Gladiator without getting smashed into a puddle of goo. I can only recall his shield being broken on 3 occasions, off the top of my head. One was the Beyonder during Secret Wars, and the second was Thanos during Infinity Gauntlet. The third, and obviously least powerful, was by King Thor in the alternate future where he ruled. If this feat is legit (not sure how the retcon of the timeline works here), then the full Odin Force is apparently enough to break Cap's shield. I'm not sure if one God Blast would be enough though.

Hawkeye isn't an authority on adamantium (or the Destroyer, for that matter), and normal people (and Hawkeye is a pretty "normal guy" as far as superheroes go) use exaggeration and hyperbole as a common part of normal speech. Pretty much any comparison of Ultron to Thor leads to the conclusion that Ultron is tougher, and adamantium in general is tougher. During the Ultron Unlimited arc, when Thor finally went all out and actually broke Ultron, Tony Stark (a man who actually is qualified to speak on adamantium) said that even from that kind of attack, true adamantium should have held up just fine, and concluded that the one Thor broke must have been made of secondary adamantium.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

there is no escape from the god blast.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wonder Woman could take it, the bracelets haven't been broken, and she has taken Nekrons lighting with no harm.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Wolverine008

Probably need to be Celestial level or above.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Klaus

Cap dies. WWs bracelets create an indestructible force field when crossed that puts Caps shield to shame. She took Skyfather level Godblasts before. She would survive Thors.