Supreme Leader Snoke vs Palpatine (TROS)

Avatar image for deactivated-60292f0aa8158
deactivated-60292f0aa8158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is Crippled Palpatine. Dyad-amped Palpatine is banned.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Clears throat

TO THE DEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHH

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpatine still stomps...he created snoke and has complete control of him.

Death-Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Crippled Palpatine. All-The-Sith Palpatine is banned.

Zombie Palpatine is still amped by the Sith spirits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death-killer:

Since when was Crippled Palpatine amped by all the sith before the Rey and Kylo life drain?

Death-Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death-killer:

Since when was Crippled Palpatine amped by all the sith before the Rey and Kylo life drain?

He says that all the Sith live within him when he was crippled.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death-killer:

Ah yes he did, now that I've looked back. I'll rename that to Dyad-amped Palpatine.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By alextheboss

@death-killer: @callme_sim: It is possible Palpatine's statement about being all the sith was metaphorical, and by Palaptine's statements he may have had the spirits of the sith within him ever since he struck his own master down, as he implied that's how it works. Plus someone who works for lucasfilm said zombie Palpatine was weaker than his previous versions, but I don't think his word is definitive or anything, it's just something to consider.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy who created the other one

KigreTheViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snoke is literally a puppet for Palpatine...

“Snoke trained you well”

This line fully indicates to me that Snoke was not a full-on puppet, just a figurehead.

Snoke is basically like the new Count Dooku. Created by Palpatine to be the face of The First Order while he does all the business in the background.

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zombietine stomps

superoperative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By superoperative

Palpatine turns Snoke into ash.

GodGate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snoke's head looks like a pineapple, lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d
deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@callme_sim: Well, apparently Snoke was just a Palpatine pawn so I would think he'd lose. It's a shame because he had potential as a villain. Too bad Rian Johnson killed him off to "subvert our expectations."

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@callme_sim: Well, apparently Snoke was just a Palpatine pawn so I would think he'd lose. It's a shame because he had potential as a villain. Too bad Rian Johnson killed him off to "subvert our expectations."

I mean Abrams could have easily brought him back with the whole cloning thing, all he had to do was just axe the Palpatine bit.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holistic portrayal seems to indicate that Snoke is one of the elite upper tiers. And, Luke viewed him as = ROTJ Sidious in power. I find it hard to believe that Snoke isn't at least Mother Talzin level, and she is a relative peer of ROTS Sidious.

Snoke would lose this battle, but Sidious would be hardpressed to overcome him.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpsidious

Avatar image for deactivated-614da662d6bee
deactivated-614da662d6bee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpatine should win by logic.

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Crippled Palpatine. Dyad-amped Palpatine is banned.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Clears throat

TO THE DEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHH

Snoke was just a puppet to sheev and alongside far better feats, Snoke has no chance here both by narrative and feats

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SonOfDarkness

Zombie Palpatine scales above Snoke based on TROS Novelization, which says that zombie Palpatine was more powerful than anyone Kylo had previously encountered.

He’s also able to amplify his power further using the power of all the sith. TROS novelization says that he called upon the power of all the sith when he drained Kylo and Rey. There’s also his line from the movie where he tells Rey to strike him down so that his spirit will pass into her, as all the sith live in him.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#32 frozen  Moderator

Zombie Palpatine scales above Snoke based on TROS Novelization, which says that zombie Palpatine was more powerful than anyone Kylo had previously encountered.

He’s also able to amplify his power further using the power of all the sith. TROS novelization says that he called upon the power of all the sith when he drained Kylo and Rey.

It doesn't actually say that.

Heavy context

Here is the passage:

The figure moved closer. He was unspeakably frail, his body dangling from an enormous mechanism that disappeared into the darkness above. Kylo had seen this before, while studying the Sith, and again while researching clues about Vader’s wayfinder. It was an Ommin harness, a mechanical spine once worn by an ancient Sith king.

Without it, the emperor could not survive.

But the Force itself belied any perception of frailty because a cloud of darkness and need swelled from the creature, along with power like Kylo had never before encountered. It was exhilarating.

“The First Order was just a beginning,” the creature said. “I will give you so much more.”

It simply says "Power like Kylo had never encountered" and that it was "exhilarating". This reads very differently when read in context of the whole sequence.

It was "power he had never encountered" because its described as a different type of power several pages prior:

Kylo didn’t need to see the entrance to know where it was, because he could feel it beckoning him, welcoming him. It was not the soft, warm welcoming of home or safety but rather one of conquest and need. His skin prickled. The Force was strong here, but it was different. Twisted, rotten, as though filtered through a miasma of decay.

Also, the "exhilarating" part is clearly related to the dark side. The light side never described as exhilierating. The final passage of the sequence makes reference again to the "exhilarating" nature of the dark side and its temptations:

Kylo’s heart was racing. So much power. A starfield of Destroyers. The largest fleet the galaxy had ever known. The rumors were all true. Exegol was a world populated by the Sith Eternal, true believers in the dark side of the Force, devoting their lives to this.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@frozen: yeah, but there’s also that quote on the Star Wars databank that @sheevsmacker: posted above me.

And it says how his power belies any perception of frailty. So basically it’s saying how powerful he still is despite looking weak. This context implies that it’s talking about the magnitude of his power, not the uniqueness of his power. That’s why I think when it says “power like he had never before encountered” it means he’s more powerful than anyone he encountered before.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#35 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: yeah, but there’s also that quote on the Star Wars databank that @sheevsmacker: posted above me.

And it says how his power belies any perception of frailty. So basically it’s saying how powerful he still is despite looking weak.

?

I'm aware Snoke is sub Sidious.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ad9ed238b0d
deactivated-60ad9ed238b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpatine fodderizes

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: ok.. so you typed all that out just to nitpick a quote?

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: ok.. so you typed all that out just to nitpick a quote?

don't see what the problem with that is

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: IMO the context (“but the force belied any perception of frailty”) implies that it’s talking about the magnitude of his power, not the uniqueness of his power. That’s why I think when it says “power like he had never before encountered” it means he’s more powerful than anyone he encountered before.

KingFrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The senate smacks like usual.

Light123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smoke is fodder to anyone who he cannot ragdoll with force , and Sidious is someone surpassing snoke in force

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided