Superman vs Wonder Woman (battle of the sexes)

Bridgeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By Bridgeman

What the heck are some folks in the minority talking about Superman losing to her for?  Wonder Woman got her rearend handed to her in her own comic by a Superman being controlled by Max Lord (aka "What is Max Making Him See Now?").   Here is her wrist snapping by Supes just twisting it, proves his strength is above hers.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
He coulda just snapped her neck when he grabbed her initially if he knew it wasnt Doomsday.  Face it, Wonder Woman might as well be Superman's maid.
victorymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302  Edited By victorymaker

This isn't even a question. Why did anyone post this topic? Superman would win in a curbstomp. Sex and gender have nothing to do with anything. Superman wouldn't go easy on anyone. 

The initial question is, why would they be fighting in the first place? They are allies. Now, if Wonder Woman posed a threat, and Superman had to stop her, he would, no questions asked. I am not saying Wonder Woman is weak, but people ALWAYS underestimate Superman. When he has to fight and win, he WILL fight and win.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#303  Edited By Static Shock
@victorymaker said:
Superman would win in a curbstomp.
He's was controlled to curbstomp her twice, and failed both times. 

@Bridgeman said:
" What the heck are some folks in the minority talking about Superman losing to her for?  Wonder Woman got her rearend handed to her in her own comic by a Superman being controlled by Max Lord (aka "What is Max Making Him See Now?").   Here is her wrist snapping by Supes just twisting it, proves his strength is above hers. He coulda just snapped her neck when he grabbed her initially if he knew it wasnt Doomsday.  Face it, Wonder Woman might as well be Superman's maid. "
Superman DID NOT win that fight, especially when she briefly KO'ed him with that kick and later ended the fight with her tiara before he could even lay a hand on her again.
victorymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By victorymaker

Control? Control. That doesn't prove anything. When someone is controlled, they are not themselves. It's like in the Hulk vs. Thor movie. Loki in control of Hulk, he could not lift Mjolnir, yet Hulk can lift, and has lifted Mjolnir before, without being controlled. See, it's as clear as day. Under control, a person is not themselves. Superman under control will not beat Wonder Woman. His mind is not his, so he doesn't have full control himself. Going back to Loki controlling Hulk. Hulk's mind was not his, so he doesn't have full control over himself. Hulk could not be the beast of rage that he truly is under Loki. If it was Superman, pure Superman, no control over him or anything, he could curbstomp Wonder Woman. Why? It is not Darkseid or Desaad or Loki or whoever the hell you want to put in there controlling Superman. It is Superman, no one else.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#305  Edited By AtPhantom

People are overestimating the tiara. The fight ended because Maxwell Lord released Superman, not because the tiara slit his neck. If we look at the next issue the cut was completely healed a couple of minutes later, if not less. If not for Lord releasing him, I doubt it would have stopped him.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By Static Shock
@victorymaker said:
 If it was Superman, pure Superman, no control over him or anything, he could curbstomp Wonder Woman.
Regular (or pure) Superman could only stalemate Wonder Woman. He's never beaten her under normal conditions, and when they fight, she always gives him a hard time. So, there's no reason to think that he could curbstomp her.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By Static Shock
@AtPhantom said:
" People are overestimating the tiara. The fight ended because Maxwell Lord released Superman
I don't know about that.
victorymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By victorymaker

Remember, Superman is known to hold back. What I am saying is, if he HAS to fight to win, he will win. When Superman does not hold back, he is a monster. If Wonder Woman posed a threat, and Superman HAD to beat her, he would not hold back. He will win.
victorymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By victorymaker

Correction: If he HAS to fight (and) win **
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Static Shock
@victorymaker said:
" Remember, Superman is known to hold back. What I am saying is, if he HAS to fight to win, he will win. When Superman does not hold back, he is a monster. If Wonder Woman posed a threat, and Superman HAD to beat her, he would not hold back. He will win. "
When he thought she was Doomsday, he didn't hold back there. Look how that turned out. Didn't help him curbstomp her.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By AtPhantom
@Static Shock said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" People are overestimating the tiara. The fight ended because Maxwell Lord released Superman
I don't know about that. "
All the tiara did was stun him for a second. Immediately after, Maxwell Lord released him of his control. Really, given his healing factor, Superman has survived far worse things and kept on fighting. Do you think this would have stopped him dead in his tracks? Nuh-uh.
victorymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By victorymaker

Alright, well perhaps he won't totally curbstomp her. Perhaps I went a little overboard with my choice of words. Do I think Wonder Woman can give Superman a fight? Of course I do. I do not underestimate Wonder Woman, but do I think in the end Superman will be the victor? Yes. That I firmly believe.
OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By OhTru
@AtPhantom said:

" All the tiara did was stun him for a second. Immediately after, Maxwell Lord released him of his control. Really, given his healing factor, Superman has survived far worse things and kept on fighting. Do you think this would have stopped him dead in his tracks? Nuh-uh. "

He can surive blasts or energy, punches from Grundy and survive nukes with ease but that's not the point.

Diana's Tiara comes from Themyscira and her Tiara is backed by Magics from Powerful Greek Gods like Gaea and Zeus. Superman is extremely vulnerable to magic
Once she cuts him with the Tiara that cut to the bone stays just as if a normal human like your or I were slashed by it.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By Static Shock
@victorymaker said:
" Alright, well perhaps he won't totally curbstomp her. Perhaps I went a little overboard with my choice of words. Do I think Wonder Woman can give Superman a fight? Of course I do. I do not underestimate Wonder Woman, but do I think in the end Superman will be the victor? Yes. That I firmly believe. "
If all you have is your belief, I guess I can respect that.

@AtPhantom said:
All the tiara did was stun him for a second. Immediately after, Maxwell Lord released him of his control. Really, given his healing factor, Superman has survived far worse things and kept on fighting. Do you think this would have stopped him dead in his tracks? Nuh-uh. "
OK. I reread it. She slashed his throat, and when she asked him to release him, he said 'Fine.'
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By AtPhantom
@OhTru said:
" @AtPhantom said:

" All the tiara did was stun him for a second. Immediately after, Maxwell Lord released him of his control. Really, given his healing factor, Superman has survived far worse things and kept on fighting. Do you think this would have stopped him dead in his tracks? Nuh-uh. "

He can surive blasts or energy, punches from Grundy and survive nukes with ease but that's not the point.   Diana's Tiara comes from Themyscira and her Tiara is backed by Magics from Powerful Greek Gods like Gaea and Zeus. Superman is extremely vulnerable to magicOnce she cuts him with the Tiara that cut to the bone stays just as if a normal human like your or I were slashed by it. "
That's not the point. The tiara slash was healed in minutes. Superman kept on fighting despite having broken bones, open fractures or kryptonite poisoning before. Things which he couldn't heal from. Compared to these, the slash is a minor injury.
victorymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By victorymaker
@OhTru:  

Do you know how many times Superman has been hit by magic, and still got up from it? He was not down and out. Look at Kingdom Come. Superman was hurt by Captain Marvel when he used "Shazam" on him, but was Superman down and out? No. He still got up and fought back. Many people overlook Superman's durability.

@Static Shock: 

It's not that I have solely my belief. I know Superman inside and out, and I know what advantages he has over WW, which many people tend to overlook. In the end, if they were pit in a fight in the comics, you know who decides who wins? The writer. Plain and simple.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Static Shock
@victorymaker said:
@Static Shock:  It's not that I have solely my belief. I know Superman inside and out, and I know what advantages he has over WW, which many people tend to overlook.
I know enough about Wonder Woman to argue that she could secure win against Superman, as well.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#318  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Regarding the Tiara, seeing as how Wonder Woman was holding back, I'd say its an impressive feat of accuracy to nail Superman just enough to stop him so she could deal with Maxwell Lord, without causing him serious injury. There's no reason why she couldn't have inflected more damage with the Tiara in my opinion.

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By BIackFlash
@The WeatherMan said:
"

Wonder Woman. Totally owns Superman. Wonder Woman throws Lasso of Truth around Superman and it reveals that Superman wears pink Hello Kitty thongs, and if Superman doesn't admit that he got his sorry Kryptonian ass wrapped up in a sling and delivered back to him on a silver platter"

Yeah I believe Diana wins

but not in this weird way
Avatar image for tropical_island
tropical island

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By tropical island

IF BLOODLUST is on, then for WW fanboys to say that WW can win this fight is just stupid.  Either the desperate fanboys are doing that to please the girls or they are on crack.

Superman can fire heat vision at her, or use super-breath at her and freeze(to slow her down) and punch and kick her faster than speed of sound. 

WW can't really tie Supes with her lasso because lasso doesn't travel faster than speed of sound.

Plus if the fight is on Earth with Sun, Supes has constant supply of energy and Curbstomps this fight.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By AtPhantom
@tropical island said:
" For WW fanboys to say that WW can win this fight is just stupid.  Either the desperate fanboys are doing that to please the girls or they are on crack. Superman can fire heat vision at her, or use super-breath at her and freeze and punch and kick her faster than speed of sound.   WW can't really tie Supes with her lasso because lasso doesn't travel faster than speed of sound.  Plus if the fight is on Earth with Sun, Supes has constant supply of energy and Curbstomps this fight. "
You really don't know much about these characters, huh?
Avatar image for tropical_island
tropical island

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By tropical island
@AtPhantom said:

" @tropical island said:

" For WW fanboys to say that WW can win this fight is just stupid.  Either the desperate fanboys are doing that to please the girls or they are on crack. Superman can fire heat vision at her, or use super-breath at her and freeze and punch and kick her faster than speed of sound.   WW can't really tie Supes with her lasso because lasso doesn't travel faster than speed of sound.  Plus if the fight is on Earth with Sun, Supes has constant supply of energy and Curbstomps this fight. "
You really don't know much about these characters, huh? " 

How can WW win this fight under the sun ?
MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#323  Edited By MichaeltheFly
@tropical island said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @tropical island said:
And you could not give a rebuttal argument, huh ? "
What he is trying to say is, WW can block the heat vision with her bracelets, she too has superhuman speed and strength, she has healing factor, and of course her powers are derived from magic and you know what that means.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By Static Shock
@tropical island said:
" How can WW win this fight under the sun ? "
She's done it before.
CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By CylonDorado

I like Wonder Woman better, but I think Superman definatly has the edge. They're about close enough so that it could be convincingly written that she beats him in a fight somehow (not too different from a hero taking on a more powerful villain), but if you put them in an empty room and have them fight to the death, you have to give it to superman. Kind of like a lot of villain/hero matchups.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By AtPhantom
@Michael the Fly said:
" @tropical island said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @tropical island said:
And you could not give a rebuttal argument, huh ? "
What he is trying to say is, WW can block the heat vision with her bracelets, she too has superhuman speed and strength, she has healing factor, and of course her powers are derived from magic and you know what that means. "
What I'm trying to say is that both Superman and Wonder Woman approach the speed of light on a regular basis. To say any one of them would have problem with something moving at the speed of sound is ignorance.
Avatar image for lordofthebrocean
lordofthebrocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Magic weapons or not, Superman is stronger and much faster than Wonder Woman.  Supes FTW!
Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

if Wonder Woman wins... it will be Totally Girl Power... but if Superman Wins it will be a Chris-Brown incident

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By warlock360

yea i went there
MisterShin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By MisterShin
@Voidheart said:
"   yea i went there "
LOL
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Static Shock
@Voidheart:
No Caption Provided

jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By jacobyLIVE
@Static Shock said:
" @Voidheart:
No Caption Provided
"
Does that Superman have Doomsday-like growths on him?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By Static Shock
@jacobyLIVE: Yeah. He was magically brainwashed by Circe there.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#335  Edited By Erik

Bump.

Avatar image for the_last_son_of_krypton
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here we go again.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By WDW

Oh great I been posting on the wrong thread and it got locked! Now I have to make my case for a Wonder Woman win all over again! Good think I have time. Hopefully this thread won't get locked. See you all very soon

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Erik
@WDW:  
It will not get locked because it is the first as far as I can tell. Just copy and paste your argument lol. 
Dark Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#339  Edited By Dark Zoom
@erik said:
" @WDW:  It will not get locked because it is the first as far as I can tell. Just copy and paste your argument lol.  "
lol why bother?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Erik
@Dark Zoom:  
Because I say Superman. Also, no one is going to bother looking at a locked thread once it has fallen a few pages down to see an argument for Wonder Woman. 
Dark Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By Dark Zoom
@erik said:
" @Dark Zoom:  Because I say Superman. Also, no one is going to bother looking at a locked thread once it has fallen a few pages down to see an argument for Wonder Woman.  "
i said super man 2 its common knowledge, to me it comes down to speed and strength both of which supes has more of (IMO)to lay her out
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By Erik
@Dark Zoom said:
" @erik said:
" @Dark Zoom:  Because I say Superman. Also, no one is going to bother looking at a locked thread once it has fallen a few pages down to see an argument for Wonder Woman.  "
i said super man 2 its common knowledge, to me it comes down to speed and strength both of which supes has more of (IMO)to lay her out "
That is not what does it for me. In the Maxwell Lord fight, Superman was not holding back. What does it for me is that it is in character. Wonder Woman is not going to kill just to win a fight. Especially not one where Superman will not kill her. 
Dark Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Dark Zoom
@erik said:
" @Dark Zoom said:
" @erik said:
i said super man 2 its common knowledge, to me it comes down to speed and strength both of which supes has more of (IMO)to lay her out "
That is not what does it for me. In the Maxwell Lord fight, Superman was not holding back. What does it for me is that it is in character. Wonder Woman is not going to kill just to win a fight. Especially not one where Superman will not kill her.  "
fair
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By velle37
@SilverGalford said:
"oh man.

"

If Supes wasn't holding back because he thinks WW is doomsday, Why isn't she dead? He went all out because Doomsday can take it, and he believe's this is DD, but she is holding back because she knows this is her friend. Yet she isn't immediately killed........... 

Interesting.............
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many times have I tried to explain that the instance with Maxwell Lord and the bloodlusted Superman was PIS? She had to defeat him. The events of Infinite Crisis and such came after.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@The Last Son Of Krypton said:
" How many times have I tried to explain that the instance with Maxwell Lord and the bloodlusted Superman was PIS? She had to defeat him. The events of Infinite Crisis and such came after. "
We could use that excuse then for every major fight in comicbook history.
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambler: Not all, but a lot of fights are PIS. They were created solely for the purpose of the story. For example, Sentry and Siege? Utter PIS. Storm? She has been involved in so much PIS, it'll take you years to count up each moment.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@The Last Son Of Krypton said:
" @Gambler: Not all, but a lot of fights are PIS. They were created solely for the purpose of the story. For example, Sentry and Siege? Utter PIS. Storm? She has been involved in so much PIS, it'll take you years to count up each moment. "
Except Wonder Woman and Superman's previous fights and individual feats are such that the outcome of the Maxwell Lord fight was a plausible one and well within reason. PIS (plot induced stupidity) is different then P (Plot). Plot drives ALL comicbook fights, theres no way around it. PIS though is when a character loses a fight  that there's no excusable reason for. Superman NOT being able to kill Batman before he can think is PIS. In the same story arc when Superman attacks Bats in the Watchtower there's no reason why he couldnt, or shouldn't, have killed him instantaneously. There's no reason why his heat vision blast shouldnt have instantly burned straight through him, or his neck instantly been crushed when Sups grabbed him. Those are PIS moments. Wonder Woman holding off Superman long enough to break Max's hold over him is perfectly reasonable in my opinion.

Calling that fight PIS just because Infinite Crisis came afterwards would be the same as saying Doomsday isn't that unstoppable and him beating Wonder Woman and the rest of the JLA was PIS. He had to run through them cause the PLOT was set up for him to fight Superman.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Static Shock
@velle37: Maybe you should consider how long Superman had to hit Doomsday before he went down. In the fight with Wonder Woman and Superman, he only hit her one good time, hit her with heat-vision, and snapped her wrist.
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By theicon
@Satyrquaze:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided