Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DocFatalis

@DCsuperman0007 said:

superman all 3 rounds. here is why:

1. superman is stronger by far their is no two ways about it.

2. superman is faster he would fly circles around thor.

3. superman is indestructible,sure thor is really durable but not even on the same level as superman.

4. thor is not the smartest guy out their,superman has a brain faster and smarter than a supercomputer.

5. thor is nothing without his hammer.

i think it is clear superman would crush thor.

Let me guess, you're a Thor fan ain't you?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Jayfournines

for the love of crap, let's try to stay objective here

throughmyeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By throughmyeyez

Thor,

In Ragnarok, caused an entire crater and created a sunami with a single blow. Able to hurt Thanos physically, even when he had the IG, Thor escaped from a black hole, can travel faster than light, has hurt galactus, can teleport with his hammer, lifted asgard, transformed into RKT and has complete control over time, and surpassed his father, whom was a galaxy buster, and the ones who sit in darkness, which are celestials.

Need i go on with thor feats?

Thor >> Superman

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@DocFatalis: i am a superman fan yes but everything i said is true i stand to be corrected.

throughmyeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By throughmyeyez

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@DocFatalis: i am a superman fan yes but everything i said is true i stand to be corrected.

corrected

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By Saren

@throughmyeyez said:

Thor,

In Ragnarok, caused an entire crater and created a sunami with a single blow. Able to hurt Thanos physically, even when he had the IG, Thor escaped from a black hole, can travel faster than light, has hurt galactus, can teleport with his hammer, lifted asgard, transformed into RKT and has complete control over time, and surpassed his father, whom was a galaxy buster, and the ones who sit in darkness, which are celestials.

Need i go on with thor feats?

Thor >> Superman

You do realize most of these are either unimpressive or out of context or just plain false, right? Thor has only ever hurt weaker versions of Thanos. He's never (to my knowledge) hurt Thanos with the IG, and there are Thanosi who have no-sold all his attacks. Superman can escape a black hole and travel faster than light as well. Thor has also only been able to hurt weakened versions of Galactus. Most recently, in The Mighty Thor Annual, Thor godblasted Galactus while channeling extra energy from the Silver Surfer and Rachel Geist. Galan wasn't even scratched. How is teleporting relevant, given that it is something Thor rarely (even for him) ever does? Why would Thor lifting a city (especially since he had the Odin Force and Beta Ray Bill's help while doing it) put him beyond Superman? Why does Rune King Thor enter the picture here (and side note: why do Thor fans always bring up irrelevant versions of Thor into a discussion? Seriously.) Thor lost his control over time in Avengers Forever #8 and he's never recovered it since. The feats of RKT are irrelevant to this discussion.

Superman is at least a bit stronger (and here I'm primarily going off Superman's strength being measured against quantifiable celestial bodies in contrast to Thor's strength primarily being measured against mythical serpents and magical trees and all sorts of nonsense that leads to a great deal of ambiguity) and vastly faster. But please, do go on with Thor feats.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@throughmyeyez: you call me a superman fan but look at your profile picture at least i am honest about it while you are clearly a thor fanboy who can not accept facts.

throughmyeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By throughmyeyez

Go read the comic.it says it clearly on the columns that Thanos fell to Thor's power momentarily. Superman is also hurt by majic, something Thor would use to his ability. Also, I doubt a straight up punch from Superman would even phase Galactus body at all. Also none of them are false, their taken right out of novels. Doesn't matter how often he used his abilities either, their still available to him at his disposal. Superman isn't entirely bright either, and has been shown as being in-able to lift the hammer.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By Saren

@throughmyeyez said:

Go read the comic.it says it clearly on the columns that Thanos fell to Thor's power momentarily.

Funny story, I actually have read the comic, and it doesn't say Thanos fell to Thor's power. It says he was "taken aback" by the savage nature of Thor's attack; essentially he was surprised. It did absolutely nothing to Thanos, and he casually flung Thor away into space. Later, Spider-Man knocked Thanos off-balance and Thor rained blows on him. Nothing happened again, Thanos got up, turned Thor into glass and smashed him to pieces. There's no indication that Thanos even had a paper cut at the end of it all. And all of this was while Thanos was holding back, using only the Power Gem. Later on in the story, every single abstract in the Marvel Universe attacked Thanos and nothing happened. Given that, you really think Thor of all people could affect him?

Superman is also hurt by majic, something Thor would use to his ability.

Would if he could.

Also, I doubt a straight up punch from Superman would even phase Galactus body at all.

In the very first story where Thor hurt Galactus with his godblast, a hammer toss hurt him as well. The whole point was to illustrate how severe Galactus' hunger (and thus his weakened power level) was in that situation. It's easy to say "Thor hurt Galactus" without any context despite the fact that when Thor fought a nourished Galactus, he failed to harm him even with his most potent attack.

Also none of them are false, their taken right out of novels

I never doubted their source. Merely their interpretation.

Doesn't matter how often he used his abilities either, their still available to him at his disposal.

It actually does matter (and funny story! This "frequency of tactics doesn't matter" argument? It's only ever encountered on Thor threads). He can have everything in the world at his disposal but it matters naught if he has demonstrated repeatedly that he lacks the intelligence to apply those abilities properly. I can cite Thor's fights against people like Juggernaut, Mangog and the Destroyer as proof of this; even after he discovers a simple way to defeat his opponent (Infinity Vortex for Juggernaut, internal attacks for Mangog and BFR'ing the Destroyer), in subsequent fights he never remembers to use those abilities and gets the stuffing beaten out of him.

Superman isn't entirely bright either

Seriously? Superman is a genius. As Kent he's won a Pulitzer Prize and published two best-selling novels, as Superman he speaks every language on the planet and has built machines that could create whole dimensions. The only reason Batman has that "I'm smarter than everyone!" attitude going on is because Superman is too polite to disabuse him of that notion.

and has been shown as being in-able to lift the hammer.

Unable, also irrelevant.

ComocYahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ComocYahweh

Sups 1 min sundipped curbstomps thor

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

@Vouile said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Vouile said:

@Jayfournines:

Of course, but Thor's hammer is what drags him everywhere. Maybe not as fast with hammer, but still very fast.

Vouile

yeah, I do agree but only while traveling. While fighting or reacting Thor is still a slow tank.

Again, I wouldn't underestimate that either, because he's blood lusted and he's been battling crime for thousands of years. I'm sure he has enough to hang in with Superman and beat him. c:

Vouile

No because he wouldn't even be able to react to Superman like at all. Especially Sundipped and Bloodlusted. Like not even close. He gets stomped in a few seconds. And hard.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bigcimmerian

@DCsuperman0007 said:

3. superman is indestructible,sure thor is really durable but not even on the same level as superman.

4. thor is not the smartest guy out their,superman has a brain faster and smarter than a supercomputer.

1. Wrong
2. Correct
3. Wrong
4. Correct
5. WRONG

You can change my mind if you prove what you said.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jayfournines

@BigCimmerian said:

@DCsuperman0007 said:

1. Wrong
2. Correct
3. Wrong
4. Correct
5. WRONG

You can change my mind if you prove what you said.

oh don't egg him on, it's more of a fanboyish assessment than an objective analysis.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Sethlol

Captain America would curbstomp both of them.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Sethlol said:

Captain America would curbstomp both of them.

Because Batman ordered him that.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@BigCimmerian:

1. http://marvel.com/universe/Thor_complete_powers

he can lift 100 tons raw and more when pumped but it is still not nearly on the same level as superman who can move Galaxy's.

superman easily withstood punches from hulk, the same punches knocked thor six ways from sunday.

5. thor can not fly without his hammer enough said.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jayfournines

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@BigCimmerian:

he can lift 100 tons raw and more when pumped but it is still not nearly on the same level as superman who can move Galaxy's.

superman easily withstood punches from hulk, the same punches knocked thor six ways from sunday.

Mate, I think Thor can lift more than 100 tons if I am not mistaken; it's been shown in the comics.

While Superman's durability is impressive, crossovers are non canon and should not be used in a debate.

I do agree with that, Thor cannot fly without his hammer.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Vouile

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Vouile said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Vouile said:

@Jayfournines:

Of course, but Thor's hammer is what drags him everywhere. Maybe not as fast with hammer, but still very fast.

Vouile

yeah, I do agree but only while traveling. While fighting or reacting Thor is still a slow tank.

Again, I wouldn't underestimate that either, because he's blood lusted and he's been battling crime for thousands of years. I'm sure he has enough to hang in with Superman and beat him. c:

Vouile

No because he wouldn't even be able to react to Superman like at all. Especially Sundipped and Bloodlusted. Like not even close. He gets stomped in a few seconds. And hard.

Yes, he would react to Super-man after hundreds of punches more or less. Thor can travel faster than light speeds, so he is going to react to Super-man at some point at when he reacts he's going to hit hard.

Vouile

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By bigcimmerian

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@BigCimmerian:

I will just ignore this, how old are you?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Jayfournines said:

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@BigCimmerian:

Mate, I think Thor can lift more than 100 tons if I am not mistaken; it's been shown in the comics.

While Superman's durability is impressive, crossovers are non canon and should not be used in a debate.

I do agree with that, Thor cannot fly without his hammer.

Actually Thor can fly without his hammer, but he cannot fly as fast as with his hammer. He flies in the same manner as Storm by using winds to carry him.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@Jayfournines:

with out his hammer thor can lift 100 tons that is a fact, with it he can lift much more but still not even close to superman.

superman has held a black hole in his hands,thor gets the shit knocked out of him by hulk who has no super speed or any other powers for that matter.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jayfournines

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@Jayfournines:

with out his hammer thor can lift 100 tons that is a fact, with it he can lift much more but still not even close to superman.

superman has held a black hole in his hands,thor gets the shit knocked out of him by hulk who has no super speed or any other powers for that matter.

i'm not saying Thor wins, but doesn't he have a belt or strength or something like that? Also, Thor has his hammer in all rounds, why would he be without a hammer for this battle?

Also, Superman didn't hold a black hole in his hand, it was a mini black hole and he wasn't so much holding it as just having it in the palm of his hand; also, if I am not mistaken we are talking about New52 Supes (since he is the one pictured) who hasn't done anything like that.

Still, Superman wins this.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By tensor

Superman for the win, thor cannot cast spells with his hammer fast enough to give him victory.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@BigCimmerian: im 24 and i have been reading comics my whole life and no matter how much you lie and ignore the facts it will not change a thing. superman has beat thor and superman would beat thor i gave you the truth you can chose to accept it if you want.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jayfournines

@Vouile: Thor traveling at the speed of light or faster is no consequence in a battle. After hundreds of blows, beams, pressure attacks and who knows what else from Superman, Thor will be down.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@Jayfournines: superman would take the hammer away from him in the beginning of the right.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By bigcimmerian

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@BigCimmerian: im 24 and i have been reading comics my whole life and no matter how much you lie and ignore the facts it will not change a thing. superman has beat thor and superman would beat thor i gave you the truth you can chose to accept it if you want.

If you're not little kid, then you are ignorant, there is absolutely no evidence that Mjolnir increase Thor's strength, Thor moved World Tree engine without his hammer, and that engine is holding the 9 worlds. Thor can fly without his hammer by controlling the winds, and he smashed planets before with his strength. And Hulk has never defeated Thor in the canon, last time they fought Thor punched him in the space and it was amped version of Hulk.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Jayfournines

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@Jayfournines: superman would take the hammer away from him in the beginning of the right.

Superman can't lift Thor's hammer dude. Are you really that much of a Superman fanboy?

TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

@Vouile said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Vouile said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Vouile said:

@Jayfournines:

Vouile

Vouile

Yes, he would react to Super-man after hundreds of punches more or less. Thor can travel faster than light speeds, so he is going to react to Super-man at some point at when he reacts he's going to hit hard.

Vouile

He can travel at light speeds with his hammer. Nothing as shown he can react as fast as Superman can. Superman is able to fight at light speeds, Thor can only move at light speeds with his hammer.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Jayfournines

@TheVoiceOfReason: Superman's never fought at lightspeed either

The fan wank on both characters is getting out of hand here

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@BigCimmerian: you are a fanboy and frankly you have no idea what you are talking about you say i have no evidence then you spew out inaccuracies hahahaha.

thor is weak without all his magic equipment superman would one beat him just like he did when they fought.

TwoGunGunnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TwoGunGunnar

If we were talking Thor-Thor & not Silly-Marvel-Thor-In-Name-Only, then I'd give it to Thor.

But we're not, so Superman stomps him.

TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

@Jayfournines said:

Yes he has.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jayfournines

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Jayfournines said:

Yes he has.

when?

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@Jayfournines: im not a superman fanboy,superman is a very powerful superhero. BTW you do not think superman is worthy of lifting it? he has before when he beat thor. I am not a fanboy i am stating facts.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#87  Edited By JamesKM716

Supeman all rounds. 1 day sun dip is FAR too much/

TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

@Jayfournines: When he fights with WW to the sun and back they are traveling several times FTL while fighting at the same time after being mind controlled by Maxwell Lord

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By bigcimmerian

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@BigCimmerian: you are a fanboy and frankly you have no idea what you are talking about you say i have no evidence then you spew out inaccuracies hahahaha.

thor is weak without all his magic equipment superman would one beat him just like he did when they fought.

You are fanboy not me, if you cannot prove what you say then you are fanboy, I can show you scans of Thor flying without hammer, escaping from black holes, destroying planets, punching Hulk into space, killing both Hulk and Thing, hurting Galactus, holding his own against Silver Surfer, defeating Glory who is equal to pissed off Odin, creating storms that could engulf the sun etc.

TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@Jayfournines: im not a superman fanboy,superman is a very powerful superhero. BTW you do not think superman is worthy of lifting it? he has before when he beat thor. I am not a fanboy i am stating facts.

He has lifted the hammer in the JLA/Avengers crossover if that counts for anything.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jayfournines

@DCsuperman0007 said:

You've been told before that crossovers are non canon, but you choose to ignore that. Again, I am not saying Thor wins at all, I firmly believe Superman would win in the fight...

...but since you like quoting crossovers so much, let me tell you how it went. Superman indeed beat Thor and he was able to repell the hammer with his hand ON THAT INSTANCE ONLY; you see, the hammer does not dictate who is worthy to lift it, Odin does. The very next issue, Superman tries lifting the hammer again but he is unable to do so (this is the part everyone conveniently forgets) because, as Thor tells him, his father chooses when and where someone will be able to lift the hammer; which means, just because you lifted it once it doesn't mean you will lift it again just a moment later.

But again, my friend, crossovers are not canon, which means Superman vs Hulk, Spiderman vs Batman, Avengers vs JLA and all those others insane comics, are not to be used in a debate.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Vouile

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Vouile said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Vouile said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Vouile said:

@Jayfournines:

Vouile

Vouile

Vouile

He can travel at light speeds with his hammer. Nothing as shown he can react as fast as Superman can. Superman is able to fight at light speeds, Thor can only move at light speeds with his hammer.

He's fast enough to hang in with Super-man when blood lusted. Sure enough, Superman would punch Thor a hundreds of times before Thor cast down his first move, but a blood lusted Thor is very versatile and who knows what his hammer could do, when he's in a pure blood lust form.

Vouile

TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

@Vouile said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Vouile said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Vouile said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Vouile said:

@Jayfournines:

Vouile

Vouile

Vouile

He's fast enough to hang in with Super-man when blood lusted. Sure enough, Superman would punch Thor a hundreds of times before Thor cast down his first move, but a blood lusted Thor is very versatile and who knows what his hammer could do, when he's in a pure blood lust form.

Vouile

Sure that sounds well and good when you put it that way but that doesn't solve the question of how Thor is going to even tag Superman once with Superman's vastly superior speed and reaction time.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Jayfournines

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Jayfournines: When he fights with WW to the sun and back they are traveling several times FTL while fighting at the same time after being mind controlled by Maxwell Lord

oh yeaaaah...you're right about that, i'd completely forgotten about it.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Vouile

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

Sure that sounds well and good when you put it that way but that doesn't solve the question of how Thor is going to even tag Superman once with Superman's vastly superior speed and reaction time.

I'm sure he will sense a pattern within Superman, he's been trained in combat for thousands of years and he's had a lot of experience with such creatures arguably more powerful than Superman. And also keep in mind a blood lusted Thor is near invincible.

Vouile

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#96  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Vouile said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

I'm sure he will sense a pattern within Superman, he's been trained in combat for thousands of years and he's had a lot of experience with such creatures arguably more powerful than Superman. And also keep in mind a blood lusted Thor is near invincible.

Vouile

I'm sorry but there is nothing to substantiate that, Thor's showings against speedsters are poor to begin with. And facing a bloodlusted off against a bloodlusted Superman who has had all of his powers amped hundreds of times over from chillaxing on the sun for a day would one shot Thor before he knows what hit him.

At best Thor takes round 2 (debatable imo), at worst Superman sweeps all three rounds. I don't see how a case could be made either way.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#97  Edited By xxxddd

@Jayfournines said:

for the love of crap, let's try to stay objective here

What is your argument, then?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#98  Edited By THORSON
No Caption Provided
Mina319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Mina319

Superman, thor, superman

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#100  Edited By xxxddd

The wanking and cursing is unnecessary, people.