Avatar image for ian_somerhalder
Ian_Somerhalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ian_Somerhalder

God Castiel is in no danger of self destruction or corruption from Leviathans.

Round 1: 1 on 1

Round 2: Loser gets help (Superman would get aid from the Flash) (Castiel would be aided by Lucifer and Michael from SPN)

NOTE: This is not the animated Superman, it's the comicbook planet moving ,etc.. one.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Spite.

Ian_Somerhalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ian_Somerhalder

@CitizenBane: I'm not trying to spite anyone;would you care to elaborate?

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@CitizenBane said:

Spite.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Saren

@Ian_Somerhalder said:

@CitizenBane: I'm not trying to spite anyone;would you care to elaborate?

Forget what I said, I'm really sleepy right now and I can't recall the things Cass, Lucifer and Michael did. I'll stay out of this for the time being.

Ian_Somerhalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ian_Somerhalder

@Illuminatus: Is anyone going to bother to explain this to me?

Ian_Somerhalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ian_Somerhalder

@CitizenBane: Yeah sleepiness can be a bum :P It's all good.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Ian_Somerhalder said:

@Illuminatus: Is anyone going to bother to explain this to me?

I'm almost positive that Superman has no way of hurting God Castiel.
Ian_Somerhalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ian_Somerhalder

@Illuminatus: Alright good start, but could you give some more insight.

In all fairness I've only seen two impressive feats from God Cass, and I doubt the Archangels of SPN are any where close to DC/Vertigo angels.

I thought Superman's feats of moving planets and withstanding supernova's would make a decent level of an opposition.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeanroygrant

spite

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Ian_Somerhalder said:

In all fairness I've only seen two impressive feats from God Cass, and I doubt the Archangels of SPN are any where close to DC/Vertigo angels.

I thought Superman's feats of moving planets and withstanding supernova's would make a decent level of an opposition.

I assumed we were using DCnU Superman..
Ian_Somerhalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ian_Somerhalder

@jeanroygrant: Spite would consist of me having some sort of spitefullness against one of the characters; I don't. If you think it's unfair, it would be nice to give some detailed feedback rather than just assuming I'm some troll and saying "spite."

I explained why I don't think this is incredibly unfair,so I think I should be entitled to a good discussion.

Ian_Somerhalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ian_Somerhalder

@Illuminatus said:

@Ian_Somerhalder said:

Oh the animated one?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Saren

@Ian_Somerhalder said:

The archangels of SPN aren't anywhere close to Vertigo's, but then again SPN's angels can only be killed by those angel-killing blades.

Ian_Somerhalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ian_Somerhalder

@CitizenBane: Well I'm glad we agree on point one, however I think it's similar to the whole only one way to kill a vampire,werewolf,etc..

It's like saying a werewolf wouldn't survive being thrown in a meat grinder since it wasn't shot with a silver bullet.

It still think Superman with his shown feats would be a somewhat decent contender against God Cas.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Ian_Somerhalder said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Ian_Somerhalder said:

Oh the animated one?

No, the post-Flashpoint version.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Saren

@Ian_Somerhalder said:

@CitizenBane: Well I'm glad we agree on point one, however I think it's similar to the whole only one way to kill a vampire,werewolf,etc..

It's like saying a werewolf wouldn't survive being thrown in a meat grinder since it wasn't shot with a silver bullet.

It still think Superman with his shown feats would be a somewhat decent contender against God Cas.

Yeah but in the episode where Anna killed Uriel when he attacked Cass it was explicitly stated that only an angel could kill another angel. Alastair was a white-eyed demon, which places him at the top of the food chain just below Lilith, but he himself said he couldn't kill Cass. And that was when he was just an angel, long before he absorbed all the souls of Purgatory.

Ian_Somerhalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ian_Somerhalder

@CitizenBane: But at which point do you think they would draw the line, I'm sure cosmic being like God and Death would have no problem kill off angels. The colt can kill anyone outside of 5 beings (there's millions of angels), and Jesse(Demon-human hybrid) was supposedly capable of killing thousands of angels with his powers. Don't you think Superman would be in a similar tier?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saren

@Ian_Somerhalder said:

@CitizenBane: But at which point do you think they would draw the line, I'm sure cosmic being like God and Death would have no problem kill off angels. The colt can kill anyone outside of 5 beings (there's millions of angels), and Jesse(Demon-human hybrid) was supposedly capable of killing thousands of angels with his powers. Don't you think Superman would be in a similar tier?

There are four ways to kill an angel:

A) Pick up an angel-killing blade and stab the angel in question;

B) Shoot the angel with the Colt;

C) A higher-tier angel like Lucifer or Michael snaps his fingers and the angel explodes;

D) A cosmic entity like God or Death kills the angel.

The problem is that Cass is immune to option A, since Sam already tried it and it failed. Superman does not know about the Colt, much less where it is. And I don't think the Colt even works any more. Jesse was the Anti-Christ and supposedly had massive reality-altering abilities (he turned Cass into an action figure IIRC). Superman does not have any abilities of the same kind. There's no way for him to win. He doesn't have or know about the tools, and he's not on par with the kind of people who can kill angels without the tools.

Ian_Somerhalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ian_Somerhalder

@CitizenBane: Well so far as we've seen, but then again is there really any like Superman in Supernatural? I thought planet shattering punches may have some effect.

I'm not sure if this was a figure of speach or an accurate comparison ,but I recall someone reffering to souls (being made of pure energy) having the power of some sort of nuclear weapon, and Castiel after absorbing purgatory would have power like a Sun.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saren

@Ian_Somerhalder said:

@CitizenBane: Well so far as we've seen, but then again is there really any like Superman in Supernatural? I thought planet shattering punches may have some effect.

I'm not sure if this was a figure of speach or an accurate comparison ,but I recall someone reffering to souls (being made of pure energy) having the power of some sort of nuclear weapon, and Castiel after absorbing purgatory would have power like a Sun.

It doesn't matter how hard they get punched if they can only die under certain circumstances. Getting punched by Superman will not kill an angel.

Ian_Somerhalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ian_Somerhalder

@CitizenBane: I don't think that's the case.

If I could restate my werewolf meatgrinder analogy, I think it would follow the same logic. Although, you hold a valid point,I'm not sure how to determine what would or wouldn't work outside speculation. I just thought Superman's feats would give him enough credit to contend.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By HolySerpent

Castial stomps the living he!l out of superman.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Emperorb777

Im confused about this one supermans heat vision will burn away castiels vessel but wont do any harm to his real body but castiel cant be in human world without vessel so does that count as a victory. I think if this is a fight between castiel actuall body and superman which he stated his body is the size of the world trade center iI think castiel would win cause superman doesnt have anything that can kill him

Avatar image for franklinrichards86
franklinrichards86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow i need to catch up on supernatural

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Castiel wins. Because he still wanted Lucifer and Michael locked up, it can be implied that he is still not as strong as them. However, he did effortlessly destroy Ralphy who is also an Archangel so, he is at least mid level Archangel status which is more than enough to defeat Superman...SuperMAN.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Why doesn't superman blitz the daylights out of him? I mean it's not like castiel has any high speed feats, does he?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a lot of thread overestimating supernatural characters but this takes the cake. Honestly, what has God Castiel ever done to put him on Superman's level?

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Auction_Sniper

Castiel snaps his fingers and Superman blows up. The end.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Castiel snaps his fingers and Superman blows up. The end.

Superman blitzes his head off before that.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kyrees

@princearagorn1: speedblitz the vessel or the real form of god castiel ? the vessel can die, the real form is more open to debate

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@kyrees: The vessel.. But they didn't show his true form anyway iirc.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kyrees

@princearagorn1: the point would be that there is no way kal can defeat god castiel. he might actually make him lose his vessel but god castiel is still here. anyway the OP lacks enough details on this fight.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Is bloodlust on?

What's to stop Superman from flying up to Castiel and KOing him cleanly with something like a nerve strike? He doesn't have to kill him.

Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman due to a lack of feats on Cass' part and a very poor description of his empowerment.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By ShootingNova

I thought "God" Castiel was unaffected by an angel blade and if I recall correctly archangels are immune to the Colt, while God Castiel is superior to Archangels (he insta-killed Raphael with a snap of his fingers). Which means God and Death are the only ones who can kill him. And assuming only the CitizenBane's above list is correct, there's really nothing Superman can do against God Castiel.

But at the same time, I haven't seen anything Castiel can do to react to Superman, and the feats I can recall weren't impressive enough to simply stomp Superman. Aside from instakilling Raphael, but then Raphael hasn't done anything to show he is on Superman's level aside from his immunities. So basically, Superman's speedblitzing would be ineffective, and he could only use his speed to avoid everything Castiel does assuming Castiel cannot react (and we're not sure). All of Superman/Flash's abilities won't be able to affect Castiel, so this becomes a stalemate if Supes/Flash can avoid Castiel sends at them through having speed sufficient enough to prevent them from being registered by Castiel, or if Castiel can match their speed (since we don't know for sure) then this would be a slaughterhouse in Castiel's favour...

From feats (which the Battles forum tends to use) Castiel has no way of reacting, but it is plausible that God Castiel (especially a bloodlusted one) can have similar levels of speed as Superman and the Flash, given his nigh-omnipotent nature.

Also, I think Death's Scythe can kill Castiel, since apparently somebody (Crowley, probably) mentioned Death's Scythe could harm Death himself or something - although clearly this was never demonstrated.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@shootingnova: But supernatural doesn't really have anyone like superman. So those four are the only ways they can use against a being like that. Not like he has been punched with 'force that could topple a mountain'

I'd say they only showed four ways to kill angels doesn't mean every character of every universe will have to use those attacks only. (I do know superman doesn't possess the kind of hax. It's just about the concept) Characters like dark schneider, for example, can directly kill immortals because of their anti-immortality powers. Saying that they cannot harm an angel because supernatural angels need particular weapons to be killed doesn't seem very logical.

I hope you got what I'm trying to say lol

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I know what you are saying, which is why I said this could be a stalemate if Superman is simply too fast for Castiel - which is possible. If Castiel can match Superman's speed, given his nigh-omnipotence I think it'd be a victory heavily skewered in his favour. I mean, he effortlessly killed Raphael, who has more immunities and resistances than Superman - but worse overall combat feats.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ComicStooge

@princearagorn1: I know what you are saying, which is why I said this could be a stalemate if Superman is simply too fast for Castiel - which is possible. If Castiel can match Superman's speed, given his nigh-omnipotence I think it'd be a victory heavily skewered in his favour. I mean, he effortlessly killed Raphael, who has more immunities and resistances than Superman - but worse overall combat feats.

What do you mean by immunities and resistances? As in, to magic?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ShootingNova

@comicstooge: I meant the four points CitizenBane posted above. That said, feat-wise, Superman blows Raphael (or essentially anybody from SPN minus God, Death and maybe God Castiel) out of the water.

kuartus4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Castiel can guard his vessel against physical damage if he wants to. Supermans attacks should not be effective against even his vessel. Cass turns superman into an action hero toy. He wins.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuartus4 said:

Castiel can guard his vessel against physical damage if he wants to. Supermans attacks should not be effective against even his vessel. Cass turns superman into an action hero toy. He wins.

He has to think to do that, Superman can get him before he thinks to do anything.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Yes, but Superman's speedblitz is useless because he cannot harm him.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Yes, but Superman's speedblitz is useless because he cannot harm him.

Angels can't be knocked unconscious or the like?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: God Castiel shouldn't. Considering how angel-killing weapons have no effect on him....

That said, I don't think I've seen Angels being knocked unconscious (I've seen them die), but then again I'm also not fully sure....

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge: God Castiel shouldn't. Considering how angel-killing weapons have no effect on him....

That said, I don't think I've seen Angels being knocked unconscious (I've seen them die), but then again I'm also not fully sure....

Mm. I'd best butt out of the debate, I saw one episode of Supernatural and hated it, so I'm not the best judge. :P

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

supes cant win this,its basically god vs supes. cas just needs to think supes to die and its over.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShootingNova

@comicstooge: LOL.

All I'm saying is that if weapons designed to kill angels (which have a much greater potency than knock-outs or the likes) don't even affect Castiel, I hardly see why knock-out attempts would succeed, especially coming from the fists of a being which is supposedly ineffective against angels anyways.