ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Man of Steel wins

@King_Thor said:

" The creator of the Blue Marvel, Kevin Grievoux, indicated the Blue Marvel to be above Superman in strength, but less than Thor. How do you guys think Blue Marvel would do in a knock down dragout against DC's golden boy Superman. Fight takes place on a moon of Jupiter that's uninhabited. "

the creator of Blue Marvel must have been smoking Doofie Dust...

LO0L AGREED

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just noting here that no one seems to be actually thinking about Blue Marvel's feats. They're just going 'Superman wins' like he's invincible. He's really not. It's one of the things that actually makes him interesting. He faces opponents more powerful than him, like Wraith in Superman Unchained.

So, let's take a look at Superman - we know that in the New 52, he can bench press Earth. Bench pressing is not the same as casually chucking about, far from it, and he was straining, but he can bench press a planet. He fought Wraith through the Moon and out the other side.

Blue Marvel can crack the moon in half fairly comfortably and go toe to toe with the Sentry, Ares, Iron Man, Namor, Ms Marvel and Wonder Man, all at once.

Let's give some context here: Sentry, Wonder Man and Namor are top tier physical power houses, the other three being a notch below. Sentry, as the Void, once took the entire Inhuman Royal Family, the X-Men, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four to stop. Even weakened, considerably, he still fought the Green Scar Hulk to a standstill and levelled most of New York in the process. Most recently as the Sentry, he stopped Exitar from destroying the Earth. Exitar is a Celestial, an upper tier cosmic being, and, more to their point, their Executioner, and probably on a par with Galactus (who the Sentry also apparently beat with the aid of Nate Grey). Wonder Man has gone toe to toe with Thor before. Namor has taken on the likes of Thor and the Hulk. He's not quite in their league, but he's powerful enough to face them down. He also said that only Thor and the Hulk had ever hit him as hard as Blue Marvel. This, and the fact that Blue Marvel put up such a good fight against all of them, at once, says a lot about how physically powerful he is.

More recently, he took King Hyperion in a straight fight. For those who don't know, King Hyperion is basically Marvel's Ultraman. Same basic powerset, several times more evil.

Speed, well, I'm pretty sure he's sub light speed, but not by much. Blue Marvel's top speed hasn't really been seen, but it should be up there. Supes probably takes this one, but he rarely actually uses his speed in face to face combat unless he's really being pushed or he's making a point. It's not his first choice. But if he does whip it out, Blue Marvel could be in trouble.

Durability was pretty much covered in the strength department - both of them are insanely durable.

Energy Projection... well, Superman has heat vision. That's pretty much it. But this is where Blue Marvel really shines.

- Antimatter blasts - not too shabby when one thinks about the fact that that's the power of the Anti-Monitor, and he's got a considerable degree of control over their strength: they can either be used as tasers or to blast top tier superhumans.

- Matter Manipulation

- Molecular Manipulation: he's proved capable of manipulating the electromagnetic spectrum to one degree or another.

- Energy Constructs: anything he's seen or can imagine or has a good idea of how it works, he can create it. So, yeah, that basically makes him Sodom Yat minus the Lead problems.

- Energy Shields: sufficiently powerful to deflect energy blasts from King Hyperion (as I said earlier, think Ultraman and you've got a pretty good idea).

- Light Generation: this one's key. If Blue Marvel figures out that Superman is solar powered (entirely possible - this is a man who can see down to Quark level, teaches theoretical physics and invents portal technology for fun), it is entirely possible that he can figure out how to use red sunlight to stymie Superman's powers. A long shot, I'll grant you, but considering how rarely Superman speed blitzes people, I think we can say that if Superman whips out the speed blitz, Marvel can respond with red sunlight.

- Combat Skill: New 52 Superman doesn't seem to have formally learned (I stand to be corrected on this point), but as he pointed out to Wraith, for much of his career, he didn't have anyone watching his back, he couldn't sneak around invisibly and he refuses to kill. That means that he actually had to learn, and learn the hard way.

Blue Marvel is a trained Marine and has gone through his fair share of scraps. I wouldn't say that Supes is his equal in this department, but Supes would have the advantages of surprise and unpredictability

I see Blue Marvel taking this fight 6/10. Superman is most definitely a force to be reckoned with, but Blue Marvel just has too much at his disposal. That said, if Superman can find a way to nullify Blue Marvel's energy projection advantages, the way he did with Wraith, making it all about strength, speed and skill, then Supes has the edge.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Do you say Superman is above Thor in strength?

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

superman should win

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is better in every way by a large reason. No reason for Blue Marvel to win a single round.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By RealityWarper

@nate-grey: I agree.

Blue Marvel can simply generate anti-photon blasts to depower and kill Superman.

Does it sound more easy this way ?

Here Blue Marvel generate Anti-Photons blast :

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111147613/4306406-mighty+avengers+%2312+%282014%29+-+page+19.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111147613/4306407-mighty+avengers+%2312+%282014%29+-+page+20.jpg

That clearly counters all of Superman's advantages.

That will harm and depower him.

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King_Thor said:

" The creator of the Blue Marvel, Kevin Grievoux, indicated the Blue Marvel to be above Superman in strength, but less than Thor. How do you guys think Blue Marvel would do in a knock down dragout against DC's golden boy Superman. Fight takes place on a moon of Jupiter that's uninhabited. "

the creator of Blue Marvel must have been smoking Doofie Dust...

This

How is he above Superman but below Thor? They are basically equals the only difference between them (physically) is Thor is 3 inches taller.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just noting here that no one seems to be actually thinking about Blue Marvel's feats. They're just going 'Superman wins' like he's invincible. He's really not. It's one of the things that actually makes him interesting. He faces opponents more powerful than him, like Wraith in Superman Unchained.

So, let's take a look at Superman - we know that in the New 52, he can bench press Earth. Bench pressing is not the same as casually chucking about, far from it, and he was straining, but he can bench press a planet. He fought Wraith through the Moon and out the other side.

Blue Marvel can crack the moon in half fairly comfortably and go toe to toe with the Sentry, Ares, Iron Man, Namor, Ms Marvel and Wonder Man, all at once.

Let's give some context here: Sentry, Wonder Man and Namor are top tier physical power houses, the other three being a notch below. Sentry, as the Void, once took the entire Inhuman Royal Family, the X-Men, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four to stop. Even weakened, considerably, he still fought the Green Scar Hulk to a standstill and levelled most of New York in the process. Most recently as the Sentry, he stopped Exitar from destroying the Earth. Exitar is a Celestial, an upper tier cosmic being, and, more to their point, their Executioner, and probably on a par with Galactus (who the Sentry also apparently beat with the aid of Nate Grey). Wonder Man has gone toe to toe with Thor before. Namor has taken on the likes of Thor and the Hulk. He's not quite in their league, but he's powerful enough to face them down. He also said that only Thor and the Hulk had ever hit him as hard as Blue Marvel. This, and the fact that Blue Marvel put up such a good fight against all of them, at once, says a lot about how physically powerful he is.

More recently, he took King Hyperion in a straight fight. For those who don't know, King Hyperion is basically Marvel's Ultraman. Same basic powerset, several times more evil.

Speed, well, I'm pretty sure he's sub light speed, but not by much. Blue Marvel's top speed hasn't really been seen, but it should be up there. Supes probably takes this one, but he rarely actually uses his speed in face to face combat unless he's really being pushed or he's making a point. It's not his first choice. But if he does whip it out, Blue Marvel could be in trouble.

Durability was pretty much covered in the strength department - both of them are insanely durable.

Energy Projection... well, Superman has heat vision. That's pretty much it. But this is where Blue Marvel really shines.

- Antimatter blasts - not too shabby when one thinks about the fact that that's the power of the Anti-Monitor, and he's got a considerable degree of control over their strength: they can either be used as tasers or to blast top tier superhumans.

- Matter Manipulation

- Molecular Manipulation: he's proved capable of manipulating the electromagnetic spectrum to one degree or another.

- Energy Constructs: anything he's seen or can imagine or has a good idea of how it works, he can create it. So, yeah, that basically makes him Sodom Yat minus the Lead problems.

- Energy Shields: sufficiently powerful to deflect energy blasts from King Hyperion (as I said earlier, think Ultraman and you've got a pretty good idea).

- Light Generation: this one's key. If Blue Marvel figures out that Superman is solar powered (entirely possible - this is a man who can see down to Quark level, teaches theoretical physics and invents portal technology for fun), it is entirely possible that he can figure out how to use red sunlight to stymie Superman's powers. A long shot, I'll grant you, but considering how rarely Superman speed blitzes people, I think we can say that if Superman whips out the speed blitz, Marvel can respond with red sunlight.

- Combat Skill: New 52 Superman doesn't seem to have formally learned (I stand to be corrected on this point), but as he pointed out to Wraith, for much of his career, he didn't have anyone watching his back, he couldn't sneak around invisibly and he refuses to kill. That means that he actually had to learn, and learn the hard way.

Blue Marvel is a trained Marine and has gone through his fair share of scraps. I wouldn't say that Supes is his equal in this department, but Supes would have the advantages of surprise and unpredictability

I see Blue Marvel taking this fight 6/10. Superman is most definitely a force to be reckoned with, but Blue Marvel just has too much at his disposal. That said, if Superman can find a way to nullify Blue Marvel's energy projection advantages, the way he did with Wraith, making it all about strength, speed and skill, then Supes has the edge.

Superman was away fro the sun for 5 days and bench pressing Earth and had one drop of sweat and only left cause he had to go to work and Shay stated he could toss the moon out of orbit so he wasn't exactly straining right off the back

I agree with most other things you say

But Supermans speed gives him the edge 6/10

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By uugieboogie

Adam has a chance , but I think Clark takes the slight majority . Adam needs more showings really . I think he could win though .

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman 10/10

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure here

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel wins in a very good fight IMO.

@reaverlation: lol 10/10, anything can happen in a fight, especially when they are close.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: Blue Marvel is the lowest of the low in High tier powerhouses and gets stomped by characters like Superman and Thor

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Kingant27

@reaverlation: Lowest of the high tier, No.

That's why he beats characters above Thor like King Hyperion, handles the Avengers including the Sentry, handles a robot that Thor struggled with massively, without a scratch; and the Avengers fleed because of him and tried get rid of him via a threat attacking becuase they could handle him.

He doesn't get stomped in the slightest, he may have a slight lack in feats, however his feats shown; shows he can definetely hang with them etc.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Superman should be able to take the majority.

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people do not know the Blue Marvel, he wrecks Modern & Post-Crisis Superman in a fight.

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: ... On what grounds? He's never, to my knowledge, actually fought Thor. I'd give the God of Thunder the edge because of his experience, skill and vast range of abilities, but it would be a relatively close, on the grounds of Marvel's other showings.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Blue Marvel isn't the lowest of the low in high tiers. Marvel has literally almost only gave the guy high end showings, which has to say something on his power level.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deus said:

Some people do not know the Blue Marvel, he wrecks Modern & Post-Crisis Superman in a fight.

I disagree with this.

New-52 Clark is already faster than Blue Marvel and New-52 Supes is actually much slower combat-wise when compared to his Post-Crisis counterpart.

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually going to go with Blue Marvel on this one for the majority.

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: I disagree with this as no one has seen the Blue Marvel's top speed. The Watcher states that Adam is capable of splitting the moon into two with a blow. He was able to directly engage Iron Man, Ares, Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel in combat at the same time and casually overpower them. He has the feats to suggest he can overpower Post-Crisis Superman easily, New-52 Superman MIGHT have the travel speed advantage but it won't help in a fight.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@deus said:

@unbreakable_fs4: I disagree with this as no one has seen the Blue Marvel's top speed. The Watcher states that Adam is capable of splitting the moon into two with a blow. He was able to directly engage Iron Man, Ares, Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel in combat at the same time and casually overpower them. He has the feats to suggest he can overpower Post-Crisis Superman easily, New-52 Superman MIGHT have the travel speed advantage but it won't help in a fight.

And Batman has stated N52 Supes could punch the moon to dust and Shay Veritas has stated Clark could toss the moon out of orbit

The Idea that Blue Marvel is equivalent, let alone faster than N52 Clark based on the notion that you haven't seen his top speed is faulty logic. Blue Marvel has no combat speed feats to speak of and his best speed feat as a whole is flying to the moon and that took him minutes, while N52 Supes has flown from Pluto to Earth in the same time frame it took BM to get to the moon. Nothing he has displayed even suggests he'd be able to keep up in combat with N52 Supes, the same guy who could effortlessly move around while analyzing his surroundings and see events take place in slow motion within the span of a millisecond.

Regarding your statement about BM overpowering Pre-52 Supes, I completely disagree, as I have previously stated. If BM doesn't have feats to show he can even keep up with N52 Clark, what leads you to believe he'll be able to even keep up, much less even see Pre-52 Clark, who could easily move by the nanosecond, and measure the ticks between nanoseconds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How strong is Blue Marvel?

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

weaker than Hyperion...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats, he's mountain level at best. He gets curbstomped.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@morleericks said:

weaker than Hyperion...

Funny you bring him up, they'll be fighting in next week's Squadron Supreme #10 it seems. Blur even states BM's power level is up there with Hyperion's.

No Caption Provided

Of course Superman and Gladiator curb stomp them both.

@dondave Lol you keep posting that glorious feat.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman punches him 4035 times, killing him.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I don't think I'm ever going to need to post anything else in regards to a Superman battle thread.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@lvenger: too be honest Blue Marvel doesnt have strength feats to really be put up to current Hyperion (i mean Hyperion ripped through High Evolutionary and caught planets)

he one shotted a terminus. it took Hercules a few blows to take out a Terminus.

Hyperions main problem is hes fresh and he has no combat speed.

oh yeah Gladiator and Supers could stomp em

a fairer fight might be Hyperion and Blue Marvel vs Superman or Gladiator (id still back the Kal's)

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark is stronger, faster, more durable and has better striking feats, despite the scan where he tickles Doomsday 4000 times.

BM is gonna need a lot more feats before he can stand up to Superman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage: No I agree there, BM is lacking raw strength feats. But BM lacks combat speed too so both come up short there.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#86  Edited By KrleAvenger

Blue Marvel wins because he is black and currently black people >>>>>> everything in comics.

LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks said:

No, he's way beyond mountain level. Where did you pull that bs from?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caped_baldy said:
@morleericks said:

No, he's way beyond mountain level. Where did you pull that bs from?

Sure thing pal, whatever you say.

hyperion234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Superman. High difficulty.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Superman and is not close at all. Blue Marvel can have an IQ of 4000 if he wants, Superman is still leagues above him in flat out fighting smarts. There's just too many ways for Clark to stomp the shit out of Blue Marvel, is not even funny.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Clark with ease.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and is not close at all. Blue Marvel can have an IQ of 4000 if he wants, Superman is still leagues above him in flat out fighting smarts. There's just too many ways for Clark to stomp the shit out of Blue Marvel, is not even funny.

Clark would beat him on the SAT's too. As for the answer to this thread:

@dondave said:
No Caption Provided

Superman slaughters

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:

Superman. High difficulty.

Not high difficulty, easy difficulty, very easy difficulty...

BM literally has no strength feats, striking feats, speed feats and durability feats on Supermans level.

I mean it's literally not even close.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#96  Edited By depinhom
mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No high difficulty. No it be easy. very easy.

jodema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel, handily.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:

@atheistknowledge: Read BM again, because you're wrong.

I've seen all of BM's feats thus far and I simply cannot agree with you, Brashear has absolutely nothing that Clark has not replicated or surpassed with ease. Until BM gets feats which match his intended power level, he's not going to give Superman a challenging fight once Superman gets serious.

@jodema said:

Blue Marvel, handily.

LOL how does he win handily? Superman has him beat at strength, striking, durability, speed, reaction time, skill, versatility, combat experience and strategic/tactical thinking. BM has no feats which make him an actual challenge to Superman in the least.