Supergirl (CW) vs Hulkbuster (MCU)

• 88 results
Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Kara x-rays the suit and sees Tony towards the top. I can see the limbs of the Hulkbuster getting melted making it difficult or impossible to repair. He doesn't have the offensive capabilities to down her.

How would it be difficult or impossible to repair when Hulk tore off random bits of various sizes from the Hulkbuster and Tony was able to repair them?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supergirl destroys it with laser blasts.

Foremostproxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Her heatvision immediately lanced through a 10+ foot thick wall of concrete. Her fight against Red Tornado was literally the first time she'd ever even attempted to use her heat vision.

You have no reason to believe Red Tornado's energy projection durability is better or worse than Hulkbuster, as Hulkbuster has literally zero feats of tanking energy projection.

Check yourself. You shouldn't be going nuts in your own thread anyways. Just showed you created it with an outcome in mind.

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supergirl wins handily

Vector_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Vector_

@gxrevs06: First off you are comparing the fastest man alive with a metal tin can.

Second off there is a scene where hulk puts a street light trough the hulkbuster. So your telling that Kara's heat vision isn't stronger than a street light.

Third off this is a random encounter, so I don't think Stark is carrying his flying repair robot everywhere he goes.

Fourth off, He would be able to defeat her only if he used cryptonite, but we both know the whole MCU doesn't know what cryptonite is.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By GXrevs06

@vector_ said:

@gxrevs06:

Irrelevant since Barry is clearly not as durable nor as strong as the armored suit armor built for the specific purpose of to suppressing The hulk. You know, the guy that can do this:

Loading Video...

Oh and that "tin can" can no-sell high caliber rounds, missiles and shells with ease, withstand a skyscraper collapse, take mjolnir throws and lightning. If Barry can get hit by HV and survive, it's not going leave to a scratch on the amour. That's why I compared it to "The fastest man alive". Because someone said Kara could easily melt it with HV, which is dumb. Could she rip it to shreds like Hulk? Probably, HV is out of the question

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkbuster stomps

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06 said:
@vector_ said:

Kara's heatvision can split the Hulkbuster suit in half.

Barry tanked it. What makes you think it can harm Hulkbuster?

Barry has also tanked absolute cold to his chest. And absolute hot. What's your point?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supergirl wins.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GXrevs06

@rbt said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@vector_ said:

Barry has also tanked absolute cold to his chest. And absolute hot. What's your point?

Wait, are you suggesting that Barry is more durable than Hulkbuster? Also, he did not tank it. He was on the ground hurt. Also, He said the suit has resistance against the heat and cold.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Foremostproxy:

Her heatvision immediately lanced through a 10+ foot thick wall of concrete. Her fight against Red Tornado was literally the first time she'd ever even attempted to use her heat vision.

You have no reason to believe Red Tornado's energy projection durability is better or worse than Hulkbuster, as Hulkbuster has literally zero feats of tanking energy projection.

Heat vision is mainly an attack of temperature, and Iron Man already shruged off lightning which is hotter than the surface of the sun.

Check yourself. You shouldn't be going nuts in your own thread anyways. Just showed you created it with an outcome in mind.

If you actually read my posts, you´ll notice I´m not saying Iron Man nor Supergirl wins, I just find it very unlikely that heat vision will be much of a factor.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06 said:
@rbt said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@vector_ said:

Wait, are you suggesting that Barry is more durable than Hulkbuster? Also, he did not tank it. He was on the ground hurt. Also, He said the suit has resistance against the heat and cold.

Exactly. A suit built with resistance against heat and cold. Why is it so surprising that he would be able to tank heat vision?

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@rbt said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@vector_ said:

Exactly. A suit built with resistance against heat and cold. Why is it so surprising that he would be able to tank heat vision?

What's your point? If he can survive it, so can HB. Unless you are going to argue that Barry is more durable HB

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06 said:
@rbt said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@rbt said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@vector_ said:

What's your point? If he can survive it, so can HB. Unless you are going to argue that Barry is more durable HB

What? How? Barry survived an attack because his suit was designed to protect him against that very attack. It has nothing to do with Barry being more durable than HB. When it comes to blunt force, HB is more durable. When it comes to withstanding extreme temperature, Barry is more durable. He tanked both end of extreme temperature and lived. Remember what happened to Tony's suit when he reached upper stratosphere?

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

HB gets scraped who cars about heat vision she is league a stronger and faster than even Hulk how is it a fight with the Hulkbeuster?

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@rbt said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@rbt said:
@gxrevs06 said:
@vector_ said:

What? How? Barry survived an attack because his suit was designed to protect him against that very attack. It has nothing to do with Barry being more durable than HB. When it comes to blunt force, HB is more durable. When it comes to withstanding extreme temperature, Barry is more durable. He tanked both end of extreme temperature and lived. Remember what happened to Tony's suit when he reached upper stratosphere?

Lol, exactly. Not to mention when Barry tanked lightning to his chest:

Loading Video...

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

HB gets scraped who cars about heat vision she is league a stronger and faster than even Hulk how is it a fight with the Hulkbeuster?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#69  Edited By KrleAvenger

Supergirl is such a bad bad character. She gets stomped, because Stark is one of the best characters ever and Supergirl is one of the worst. Plain simple LMAO.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70  Edited By Stahlflamme

Hulkbuster.

Don't know why people assume only Karas highlevel feats count, but those are the outliers. Not that she isn't strong or anything, but not to this level.

Karas awesome speed advantage.

Loading Video...

She has never shown particular skill at evading anything at close range. And has pretty much never gained more than a miniscule advantage in a brawl.

Loading Video...

For the record. The same guy fought Alex, a normal human.

Loading Video...

Karas durability advantage.

Loading Video...

For those that want to point out her taking Barrys lightning in the crossover check out the beginning, where she does the same thing to livewires lightning. The show seems to assume that her chest is more durable then the rest of her.

Heck Mon-El oneshotted her and he is actually much weaker than she is.

Loading Video...

Strength advantage:

Loading Video...

Sure she might not be swinging full force, but its still serious punches...

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@jexsu said:
@Pokeysteve said:

Kara x-rays the suit and sees Tony towards the top. I can see the limbs of the Hulkbuster getting melted making it difficult or impossible to repair. He doesn't have the offensive capabilities to down her.

How would it be difficult or impossible to repair when Hulk tore off random bits of various sizes from the Hulkbuster and Tony was able to repair them?

Hulk tore making it easy for Tony's suit to eject the pieces that were going to be replaced. He won't be able to eject the useless pieces if she welds it in place with her heat vision. It won't be something she does intentionally and will just happen when she lops off the machines arms and legs. Sort of like cauterizing a wound I guess is a good analogy.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By jashro44

I´m not talking about the power of the lightning itself, I´m talking about its temperature which is hotter than the surface of the sun, if Tony´s armor took that temperature without melting, I don´t see Kara´s heat vision doing much better.

He was only hit for a few seconds (like 6 seconds) and as I said some/most of it was absorbed. Sustained heat vision is going to be a lot more damaging. Especially since Tony isn't getting a power boost while taking the damage (admittedly I can't remember if Tony's armor has shields in the MCU). Regardless I still don't see this as proof of Tony tanking heat vision without significant harm since the heat would have been absorbed and used to power the armor.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong there was fire every where when thor blasted him so the lightning was hot. But I don't think Tony can just shrug off temperatures that hot. I think the context makes a big difference.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony gets torn apart

Vector_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: Yeah, see I didnt think of that, Barrys suit is made for withstanding any type of heat. Because if he ran in normal clothes they would set on fire after 2 mins running in them.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I´m not talking about the power of the lightning itself, I´m talking about its temperature which is hotter than the surface of the sun, if Tony´s armor took that temperature without melting, I don´t see Kara´s heat vision doing much better.

He was only hit for a few seconds (like 6 seconds) and as I said some/most of it was absorbed. Sustained heat vision is going to be a lot more damaging. Especially since Tony isn't getting a power boost while taking the damage (admittedly I can't remember if Tony's armor has shields in the MCU). Regardless I still don't see this as proof of Tony tanking heat vision without significant harm since the heat would have been absorbed and used to power the armor.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong there was fire every where when thor blasted him so the lightning was hot. But I don't think Tony can just shrug off temperatures that hot. I think the context makes a big difference.

Absorbing power from the lightning doesn´t make Tony´s armor more durable, the material it´s made out of is the same, it just boosts his repulsor which was clearly shown when he blasted Thor just after being hit by the lightning. Also, absorbing the lightning doesn´t not take away the heat.

Anyway, I´m not saying HB wins, but the claims that Supergirl will tear the armor in half with HV is ridiculous.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vector_: Well it has happened multiple times before

Foremostproxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Foremostproxy

@thor_parker82 said:

@Foremostproxy:

Her heatvision immediately lanced through a 10+ foot thick wall of concrete. Her fight against Red Tornado was literally the first time she'd ever even attempted to use her heat vision.

Heat vision is mainly an attack of temperature, and Iron Man already shruged off lightning which is hotter than the surface of the sun.

If you actually read my posts, you´ll notice I´m not saying Iron Man nor Supergirl wins, I just find it very unlikely that heat vision will be much of a factor.

Your name is Thor_Parker82 and I wasn't born yesterday... you're infamous on this part of the forum.

Lighting doesn't lance through 10+ feet of concrete. Lighting itself isn't particularly hot, it's the air around it that's superheated. Since the air around it is superheated, it is also heavily diffused... which is why 99.9% of people struck by lightning don't end up a puff of plasma.

Iron Man doesn't have good heat resistance, he was getting ripped to shreds by Extremis Soldiers, are we somehow supposed to believe each one was a 150-250 lbs glob of human being that was hotter than the sun? Please. Next you'll be explaining that every skyscraper that exists that is struck by lightning dozens of times per year has heat resistance to survive temperatures hotter than the sun in excess of three times (30K kelvin). Airplanes get struck by lightning and shrug it off all the time. It's obvious that Iron Man's metal armor is grounded and that his energy packs absorb excess... thus "400%".

Not to mention, even if we say that Thor's lightning is as hot as the sun like normal lightning... Supergirl is damaged by lightning but recovers quickly. Heat vision is shown to immediately lance through and kill Kryptonians on the show. Heat Vision > Lightning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/08/27/why-is-an-airplane-safe-from-lighting-strikes/

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Kara stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@thor_parker82: RT was tanking hits from Kara. And I in't say that Kara can win this with her heat vision alone. I was just providing her best heat vision feat.

She doesn't need her heat vision to win this. Her speed and physicals alone are sufficient.

Blunt force is different than temperature resistance, for a comparison, Kara was taken down by Livewire´s lightning, which I´m pretty sure is weaker than Thor´s, yet Iron Man took it, that doesn´t mean he´s overall more durable than her, maybe he is, maybe he isn´t, I don´t know, I have only seen episodes 1-3 of S1 and her latest crossover with The Flash, but besides that, I have seen a lot of her fights on Youtube and I think she´s somewhat overrated.

Live Wire was made by Kara's kryptonian physiology with lighting .

kara tanked her lighting so many times but most of them consider that scene from crossover episode .

Kara tanked Barry's lighting tossing.

She was able to tank a actual lighting while holding a helicopter.

@nerdchore said:

@thor_parker82: there is nothing to say livewire is weaker than thor.

Yes there is, their respective feats.

Has Livewire decimated three leviathans and a dozen chitauris with one bolf of lightning ??

Thor didn't kills them in a single lighting , he siphoned electricity from the clouds and killed them by his continuous lighting.

Live wire was able to siphon the electricity of the entire city.

She can convert herself into electrical energy and transfer her to different places.

She can control any electric appliances.

She can kill chitauri and leviathans by siphoning their electricity in their body easily and she can kill Ironman in the same way .

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Foremostproxy:

Your name is Thor_Parker82 and I wasn't born yesterday... you're infamous on this part of the forum.

LMAO.....and you are ?? Oh, right, you´re an alt who doesn´t have balls enough to say that on its main account, pretty sad.

Lighting doesn't lance through 10+ feet of concrete. Lighting itself isn't particularly hot, it's the air around it that's superheated. Since the air around it is superheated, it is also heavily diffused... which is why 99.9% of people struck by lightning don't end up a puff of plasma.

Regular lightning does not lance through concrete, you have that right, however, Thor´s is not a "regular" one, it did much better than destroying concrete, namely incinerating two leviathans and a dozen Chitauri.

No Caption Provided

Iron Man doesn't have good heat resistance, he was getting ripped to shreds by Extremis Soldiers, are we somehow supposed to believe each one was a 150-250 lbs glob of human being that was hotter than the sun? Please. Next you'll be explaining that every skyscraper that exists that is struck by lightning dozens of times per year has heat resistance to survive temperatures hotter than the sun in excess of three times (30K kelvin). Airplanes get struck by lightning and shrug it off all the time. It's obvious that Iron Man's metal armor is grounded and that his energy packs absorb excess... thus "400%".

Sad argument, ignoring all context, I think I know whose alt you are.

Anyway, all of the armors shown in Iron Man 3 were prototypes not combat-ready that Tony built because he couldn´t sleep since the Chitauri incident, I mean, it´s flat out stated that all the suits were prototypes, so weak to the point that a truck going at around 30MPH destroyed one armor.

Not to mention, even if we say that Thor's lightning is as hot as the sun like normal lightning... Supergirl is damaged by lightning but recovers quickly. Heat vision is shown to immediately lance through and kill Kryptonians on the show. Heat Vision > Lightning.

You are disregarding a scientifically proven fact, how much worse can you get at debating ?? Lightning is hotter than the surface of the sun, and Thor´s incinerated two leviathans who were tearing skyscrapers apart just by flying through them, hard to ignore that.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52: All your points are easily counterable, I won´t do it here since I´m not supposed to debate in my own thread.

If you want we can take it to a PM.

Foremostproxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Foremostproxy

@thor_parker82: You don't know anything about Iron Man's original Iron Legion suits... do you?

The Mark 6 and Mark 7 are what he used in Avengers. The Mark 8, 9 and 10 are straight sequential upgrades from his suit in Avengers. To make you seem even more foolish, it's the Mark 7 that was an unfinished prototype... and that's stated by Jarvis in the movie. So guess what? At least 3 Iron Man suits that were being manhandled by the Extremis Soldiers were superior in every way compared to his Avengers suits. To make matters worse, suits he specifically designed for more durability were similarly ripped apart.

There does your half-baked argument based in ignorance. I thought you were supposed to be a marvel expert. Happy to see you're proud of your post milestones though. Guess it rankles you that a lurker arrived to quash your paper thin arguments.

Oh, and the Chitauri? Leviathans? They all have such great "heat resistance feats". Chitauri are just fodder that get killed by normal bullets and arrows.

Things we don't know about Leviathans:

1. Weight.

2. Power Output.

Things we do know about Leviathans:

1. They are afraid to fly directly through buildings, preferring to carve away at their sides.

2. They are organic and covered in armor.

3. The armor visibly isn't sealed, so lightning can strike directly exposed flesh.

Well now, I guess that means that your ambiguously better than lightning lightning is 100% capable of frying a living being that has no other feats of resilience!

Get real. You have no proof of Thor's Lightning being any hotter or cooler than normal lightning. You lack a nuanced understanding of the mechanics of lightning. You outright ignore, because you have no legitimate rebuttal, the fact that Heat Vision is displayed to be directly superior to lightning in the Supergirl show.

Feel free to embarrass yourself more in your own utterly without bias thread. You don't even deny it, I'll give you that.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZoomAIwaysWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ZoomAIwaysWins

Supergirl one shots.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supergirl flies around it at superspedd and dismantles it with heatvision frost breath and punches

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

E'o m8. Noticed you throughout this thread with some large context lacking or misuse of information.

You mean besides the very first episode, where she used it on Vartox? That's only one that I can remember before her fight w/ Red Tornado (Episode... 6?)

The Mark 6 and Mark 7 are what he used in Avengers. The Mark 8, 9 and 10 are straight sequential upgrades from his suit in Avengers. To make you seem even more foolish, it's the Mark 7 that was an unfinished prototype... and that's stated by Jarvis in the movie. So guess what? At least 3 Iron Man suits that were being manhandled by the Extremis Soldiers were superior in every way compared to his Avengers suits. To make matters worse, suits he specifically designed for more durability were similarly ripped apart.

All the suits after Avengers, aka Mark 8+ (before Age of Ultron) are prototypes.

and... I gotta go... I hope we can finish this some other time. Remember context and information!

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu said:
@Pokeysteve said:

Hulk tore making it easy for Tony's suit to eject the pieces that were going to be replaced. He won't be able to eject the useless pieces if she welds it in place with her heat vision. It won't be something she does intentionally and will just happen when she lops off the machines arms and legs. Sort of like cauterizing a wound I guess is a good analogy.

Anything capable of damaging Tony's armor is enough for him to reject the piece and replace it. Being that bullets didn't puncture Tony's armor, yet Hulk's fingers were, what is stopping us from considering Hulk's fingers possessing the puncturing force greater than that of bullets? I mean, in science, tearing cause by something hard can cause melting effects. I'm not trying to involve real world stuff, but if in the movie bullets can't hurt the armor, but Hulk's fingers can... there you go. His fingers could have cause melting, but surely not at the level of Heat Vision. Thinking about it. Tony was still able to eject pieces regardless, and I don't see why he could when hit with Heat Vision.

Foremostproxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Use her heat vision on anything that wasn't... an Alien Axe? For like half a second? Yeah, I was wrong, but until episode 6 it's just flavor.

You can complain about Post Avengers suits all you like, but the 8-10 are specifically noted to just be upgraded versions of the 7... They're made of the same material, use the exact same power source, are noted to be directly superior... Pretending like Tony just created hilariously terrible quality suits for no reason is nonsensical.

Regardless, you discredit the info and that's all well and good, but you do nothing to address the simple fact that Iron Man's suits have shown no feats to say that they wouldn't get immediately lanced through by heat vision. Especially the Hulk Buster, which has really pretty much zero Energy Projection/heat durability feats.

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kara wins pretty handily. While HB is powerful, it is specifically designed to deal with the brute strength of movie Hulk. It wasn't created to deal with the other strengths she brings. There would be no reason to design it to handle things that the Hulk doesn't have. So, it wouldn't be designed with heat vision, freeze breath, or her massively hypersonic speed.