Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@CitizenBane said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

We talking about New 52 Superboy? Because it was my understanding he did't even have super strength anymore. It all comes from his TK doesn't it? He's also no longer invulnerable. He has a TK shield around his body. If he doesn't know the hit is coming he won't have the shield up. So if Skaar gets any kind of sneak attack on him the fights over.

If were taking about Pre 52 Superboy, how strong is he compared to Skaar? Because thats what decides the battle, especially if they're now equal in speed. Skaar's strong enough to knock the Juggernaut into space, has a healing factor, is resistant to heat, and always has the Old Power to back him up.

None of Superboy's powers changed post Flashpoint. His strength and invulnerability were always derived from his TTK. As for having his shield up, he's had his powers for a few months at best. Obviously, he's not going to have the complete hang of them yet. Pre-Flashpoint Superboy had no such problems because he had experience with his TTK.

I see.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By termiteone4ever

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

Superboy wins. A solid upper cut to the jaw sends Skaar flying and he cant stop till he hits the sun.

Superboy is not nearly that strong.

Yes he is .

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

Superboy wins. A solid upper cut to the jaw sends Skaar flying and he cant stop till he hits the sun.

Yes he is .

Based on what feats?

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By termiteone4ever

@termiteone4ever said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

Yes he is .

Based on what feats?

If you are talking about the new one . Well his encounter with Supergirl. thats shows he is durable powerful and can hold is own. ( This new 52 SB is like a ben ten of the kryptonians ) the Pre 52 Sb is durable well doomsday proved this .

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By 80sBaby

Actually, Citizen Bane is incorrect about SB. Originally, Conner was cloned from the DNA of a human, Paul Westfield. Since cloning a kryptonian was impossible, Cadmus gave him TTK to mimic Supes' abilities, save vision/breath powers. When Geoff Johns started on Titans, he retconned Westfield out and made Kon half-human/half-kryptonian. He still had TTK but rarely used it. Instead, his abilities were now from his kryptonian side. Post-FP Superboy is now a mix of kryptonian/human/unknown alien DNA. He now has regular TK as well as TTK but no kryptonian powers, as yet.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By slimj87d

Some Skaar feats

Absorbs enough energy from the Earth with magnitudes that could some how equate to 100 trillion tons and punches Hulk with it. I don't know how much force he striked the Hulk with as I have no clue how they got units of energy (Kinetic Energy) and equated it to force (ton = 2000 lbs). But it sent Hulk from LA to West Virginia, then Skaar jumped from LA to West Virginia.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There are scans of him using the Old Power to pretty much heal himself, travel from one side of the planet to another, and call up hot magma.

Speed and reflexes feat, catches arrows from behind in midair close up:

No Caption Provided
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CitizenBane: What's funny about the Surfer instance is even when Surfer was cut off from the PC, he almost killed Hulk in less than 5 hits on strength alone in Planet Hulk, Surfer didn't even need his speed lol.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By slimj87d

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@god_spawn said:

@silverlord90 said:

Skaar stomps here. With Super speed i'd still say Skaar, but it will take longer for him tp beat SB.

With super speed Skaar can't touch Conner.

Agreed. Unless he has feats to prove he can hit someone above SBP's speed(like when Hulk hit Silver Surfer), than the clone takes it.

Surfer didn't even use his speed against Hulk. If he did there's no way Hulk could even come close to touching him.

But that's a proof that speedster are not stomps just because their speed. Everyone here says ''because of his speed, he wins'' Comics have proven this wrong many times.

That hardly matters considering that street levelers regularly dance around the Hulks. All the members of the Hulk family only have strength and durability, with no significant speed to go along with it. Their opponents are written down to be close combat brawlers to cover up for the fact that on paper, they shouldn't last longer than a few minutes. Look at Surfer alone. One percent of his speed is still beyond Hulk's ability to react. And yet he never bothers to use any kind of speed against Hulk. In one fight he actually stood still and stared at Hulk while the latter moved to attack him.

I just posted a scan above of Skaar catching arrows at less than a few feet away in midair. That has to be good reflexes and speed in my book.

@god_spawn: Skaar isn't as slow as we think. In the scan above, he got shot from behind from a few feet away and manages to catch the arrows which is a impressive reflex and speed feat for a Hulk.

Average arrow speed is 60 to 100 m/s from what I could find.

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By silverlord90

@SlimJ87D said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@god_spawn said:

@silverlord90 said:

Skaar stomps here. With Super speed i'd still say Skaar, but it will take longer for him tp beat SB.

Agreed. Unless he has feats to prove he can hit someone above SBP's speed(like when Hulk hit Silver Surfer), than the clone takes it.

Surfer didn't even use his speed against Hulk. If he did there's no way Hulk could even come close to touching him.

But that's a proof that speedster are not stomps just because their speed. Everyone here says ''because of his speed, he wins'' Comics have proven this wrong many times.

That hardly matters considering that street levelers regularly dance around the Hulks. All the members of the Hulk family only have strength and durability, with no significant speed to go along with it. Their opponents are written down to be close combat brawlers to cover up for the fact that on paper, they shouldn't last longer than a few minutes. Look at Surfer alone. One percent of his speed is still beyond Hulk's ability to react. And yet he never bothers to use any kind of speed against Hulk. In one fight he actually stood still and stared at Hulk while the latter moved to attack him.

I just posted a scan above of Skaar catching arrows at less than a few feet away in midair. That has to be good reflexes and speed in my book.

But Haters gonna Hate.

@CitizenBane: And still that is not proof enough, you should know that. Flash is under speed of sound most of the time. Speed is not a big deal in comic fights.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever said:

@termiteone4ever said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

Yes he is .

Based on what feats?

If you are talking about the new one . Well his encounter with Supergirl. thats shows he is durable powerful and can hold is own. ( This new 52 SB is like a ben ten of the kryptonians ) the Pre 52 Sb is durable well doomsday proved this .

He got one-shotted by Super Girl.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By slimj87d

I've come to my conclusion. Without Superboys speed and with Skaar's ability to tap into the old power and deliver blows that sends Hulk's chest burning with energy from LA to West Virginia, I think Skaar takes this. He can keep using the old power to heal himself if he becomes earth and back again, doesn't need nutrients and can be sustained from the Old Power which is his main advantage here.

One may argue that he won't have enough time to charge up his blows, but he can charge them up enough, or disappear within the earth and charge underground and make it difficult for Superboy to find him.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By 80sBaby

@venomoushatred1001: No he didn't. He wasn't KO'd at all during their fight. In fact, he took that punch like a champ. Then, when he decided to get serious, he had her screaming in pain.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By slimj87d

@80sBaby: Without any speed, Superboy's not going to be delivering any Superman like blows. At all. His TK could barely send Zod flying compared to Skaar who sent Hulk from LA to West Virginia and TK is all he really has for this fight besides grappling with Skaar. Grappling with Skaar is the only thing where his strength will matter, and Skaar with his old power could become one witht eh Earth and move to different locations. If he absorbs enough energy that equates to 100 trillions tons and continuously strike Superboy with it Skaar can win. Superboy doesn't really have an answer to Skaar's old power abilities. That's why I'm giving it to Skaar with the old power.

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By termiteone4ever

@SlimJ87D said:

I've come to my conclusion. Without Superboys speed and with Skaar's ability to tap into the old power and deliver blows that sends Hulk's chest burning with energy from LA to West Virginia, I think Skaar takes this. He can keep using the old power to heal himself if he becomes earth and back again, doesn't need nutrients and can be sustained from the Old Power which is his main advantage here.

One may argue that he won't have enough time to charge up his blows, but he can charge them up enough, or disappear within the earth and charge underground and make it difficult for Superboy to find him.

HOw much times has heroes been hit across countries even some been hit to the other side directly through earth . hitting across countries isnt anything

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@SlimJ87D: And Hulk caught a tank shell. Still they fail at tagging most street levels. Hulk, Spider-Man, Daken etc. if Conner did have his speed it would still be too slow in comparison since Skaar had issues tagging Daken. So yes, Skaar and Hulk in general are as slow as I think they are.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By slimj87d

@god_spawn: That's fine, you are entitled to your own opinion. But you have to admit that it's an impressive feat to catch an arrow feet away with your back turned. As for tagging Spider-man, it's difficult but not impossible.

No Caption Provided

What really kills this topic, and a lot of other ones is the restrictions. How are we suppose to know how Superboy fights without super speed? We really don't. But taking that away, are we going to assume he's fast as Batman? Or he's fast as an average human? The OP says he's fast as Skaar is. How fast is that? How are we suppose to make some kind of comparison.

Putting that aside, I don't think Superboy has an answer to the old power which is the problem.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@SlimJ87D: I didn't say it was impossible. Regardless, I've seen better reflex feats from most street levelers on a regular basis so I don't find it impressive at all. On topic I do tend to agree Skaar probably takes this.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#68  Edited By Saren

@SlimJ87D said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@god_spawn said:

@silverlord90 said:

@god_spawn: Skaar isn't as slow as we think. In the scan above, he got shot from behind from a few feet away and manages to catch the arrows which is a impressive reflex and speed feat for a Hulk.

Average arrow speed is 60 to 100 m/s from what I could find.

Street levelers do that. Seriously. Grifter and Constantine Drakon have done that with ease.

@silverlord90 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@god_spawn said:

@silverlord90 said:

But Haters gonna Hate.

@CitizenBane: And still that is not proof enough, you should know that. Flash is under speed of sound most of the time. Speed is not a big deal in comic fights.

Yes. It is.

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skaar wins.

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skaar wins.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@80sBaby said:

@venomoushatred1001: No he didn't. He wasn't KO'd at all during their fight. In fact, he took that punch like a champ. Then, when he decided to get serious, he had her screaming in pain.

My mistake.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By slimj87d

@CitizenBane: Regardless, for what everyone said about Skaar here, that he's all about strength and durability. No speed or skill, he still caught the arrows a few feet away and they were fired when he was facing and trying to get gorgon. I don't hear any type of credit where it's due regardless if street levelers like Iron Fist catch a sniper bullet while being poisoned falling asleep on a lazy boy through a window, I know it's nothing comparable but still impressive for a Hulk regardless.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Saren

@SlimJ87D said:

@CitizenBane: Regardless, for what everyone said about Skaar here, that he's all about strength and durability. No speed or skill, he still caught the arrows a few feet away and they were fired when he was facing and trying to get gorgon. I don't hear any type of credit where it's due regardless if street levelers like Iron Fist catch a sniper bullet while being poisoned falling asleep on a lazy boy through a window, I know it's nothing comparable but still impressive for a Hulk regardless.

It's really not impressive for a Hulk. They're supposed to have enhanced reflexes, so demonstrating those reflexes with a feat that street levelers and brawlers have pulled off (Grifter and Constantine Drakon have both done it with Green Arrow, Midnighter has done it, hell even Batman has done it) doesn't say much.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By slimj87d

@CitizenBane: How far away were they from the bow? Were they like 3 feet away? Regardless, there was a statement from someone earlier that said the Hulks were all about Strength and durability only which is not true.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Saren

@SlimJ87D: Grifter was maybe 10 feet away. He was shooting at GA until the latter fired an arrow that took his mask off, so he leaped after the arrow and pulled his mask off it as it was flying. In terms of reacting to it, I'd say it was about 3 feet or less when he made contact. Drakon and Midnighter were about 10 to 15 feet away, but Drakon caught around 10-12 arrows within a few seconds. I don't remember how far Batman was.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Saren

@SlimJ87D said:

Regardless, there was a statement from someone earlier that said the Hulks were all about Strength and durability only which is not true.

When compared to other powerhouses from Marvel and DC? It's entirely true.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By slimj87d
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Saren

@SlimJ87D: Yep.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By slimj87d

@CitizenBane said:

@SlimJ87D said:

Regardless, there was a statement from someone earlier that said the Hulks were all about Strength and durability only which is not true.

When compared to other powerhouses from Marvel and DC? It's entirely true.

Yes that is true. I never said that his speed and reflexes were going to allow him to keep up with quicksilver or anything. But in a fight like this, it matters that's the only reason I posted the feat. I don't know how good Superboy's reflexes would be if lets say Flash stole his speed to be at a street levelers speed. I don't know if he could have performed the same feat.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jashro44
@SlimJ87D: Catching arrows isn't impressive for a hulk. Hulk in a recent showing caught a anti-tank grenade with anthrax laden shrapnel. And as citezen bane said lots of streets catch arrows (batman and black panther both have caught arrows).
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By slimj87d

@jashro44: Can you please read what I posted above?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jashro44
@SlimJ87D: Sorry my mistake. Didn't fully read what was being discussed.
toby5678910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By toby5678910

Mr.Miyagi could catch arrows blindfolded...

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By termiteone4ever

@termiteone4ever said:

@termiteone4ever said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

Yes he is .

Based on what feats?

He got one-shotted by Super Girl.

His jaw was broken and supergirl powers is no joke . He wasnt Koed. Even in the new Encounter it didnt happen like that . So either way Skaar not winning here.

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By bigsoto74

@FlashyMan82 said:

Super boy wins.superman beat hulk.skarr is the son of hulk and superboy is clone.

Isnt Superboy only a 50% clone of Superman? So is he just as strong?

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By stephens2177

man you need to catch up,superboy was rebooted,he now supposedly has three donors,and his powers are completley TK now.he has TK mimicked strength,durability,and flight speed on a kryptonians level,full TK,all the old school TTK tricks,and new tactile senses that let him see,learn,and react to everything he touches.he is very smart,tactically sound,and he is willijg to be just as lethal as Skaar would be now.

course Skaar is a mega powerful kid himself,so this could go either way easily.superboy does fly,so thats a advantage.

Morbid_Pyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Morbid_Pyro

Skaar wins.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Going with Skaar considering how often Superboy gets/got his rear handed to him to buff up a villain.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skaar

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@god_spawn: Not that this means anything, but IIRC it was suggested that a grown up Superboy (Connor as Superman) was as strong as Superman.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Superboy stomps

Pre-52 Superboy loses

nghp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Pre 52 or N52 (especially this Superboy) Superboy isn't strong like Skaar, but Conner wins with speedblasts.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skaar. Superboy's TTK won't help him for long.

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skaar