Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zoom
Voidheart said:
"Zoom smacked the living crap out of the flash and others with more than 50 punches and none of them died, for me, if i punch some (precisely up the nose) hes a goner"
Well, that's the difference between the Flash and the kids you punch.  Like Human Juggernaut said, though, if Zoom was trying to kill the Flash, he would have.  Even Inertia can punch a man's head of and he isn't half as fast as Zoom.

Voidheart said:
"what im trying to underline is, no matter how fast Zoom is, his punches wont be multiplied with it, because its the speedforce, he can only punch as much as his physical body allows him, meaning, SBP wont even be tickled."
It has nothing to do with the speedforce.  Zoom only punches as much as his physical body allows him, true, but to the other guy, it'll feel like he's being punched at the speed of light which is plenty to hurt SBP.  Do I need to post scans of Zoom beating the tar out of Superman?  Cause I can.

Voidheart said:
"SBP survived the destruction of a universe"

Not under his own power he didn't.

As for the whole destory the plant thing, let's say that even if SBP managed to make it into the atmosphere, when he tries to destroy earth (which I love, by the way, it's a totally more fun take on BFR.  At least BFDestruction kills the other guy so you can mark it as a true win), Zoom will easily intercept him and alter his trajectory.

And then he'll break his legs. :-)
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By lordraiden
Zoom said:
"Voidheart said:
"Zoom smacked the living crap out of the flash and others with more than 50 punches and none of them died, for me, if i punch some (precisely up the nose) hes a goner"
Well, that's the difference between the Flash and the kids you punch.  Like Human Juggernaut said, though, if Zoom was trying to kill the Flash, he would have.  Even Inertia can punch a man's head of and he isn't half as fast as Zoom.

Voidheart said:
"what im trying to underline is, no matter how fast Zoom is, his punches wont be multiplied with it, because its the speedforce, he can only punch as much as his physical body allows him, meaning, SBP wont even be tickled."
It has nothing to do with the speedforce.  Zoom only punches as much as his physical body allows him, true, but to the other guy, it'll feel like he's being punched at the speed of light which is plenty to hurt SBP.  Do I need to post scans of Zoom beating the tar out of Superman?  Cause I can.

Voidheart said:
"SBP survived the destruction of a universe"

Not under his own power he didn't.

As for the whole destory the plant thing, let's say that even if SBP managed to make it into the atmosphere, when he tries to destroy earth (which I love, by the way, it's a totally more fun take on BFR.  At least BFDestruction kills the other guy so you can mark it as a true win), Zoom will easily intercept him and alter his trajectory.

And then he'll break his legs. :-)"

Break his legs? Don't see Zoom having anything that'll break a PC Kryptonians legs! Again, AM, Guardians, Monarch, multiple superman all had nothing on him!
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Zoom

All had nothing on him?

Last I checked, Superboy Prime got beat at the end of Infinite Crisis.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lordraiden
Zoom said:
"All had nothing on him?

Last I checked, Superboy Prime got beat at the end of Infinite Crisis."

Ah, of course he got beat, after it took everyone in the DCU to just wear him down and took two kryptonians to fly him thru a red sun and he still managed to kill one of those supermen and got ko'd when he didn't have his powers!
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Zoom

It took one person to send SBP running.

The Flash.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lordraiden
Zoom said:
"

It took one person to send SBP running.

The Flash.

"

Sent him running? if I remember correctly, he came back at the end of issue four with his new power absorbing suit more powerfull than ever! So no, they just delayed him, that's all!
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By warlock360

Plus it took 3

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Zoom

Read ALL of Infinite Crisis.

When SBP came back, Bart came back with him and kicked his ass.

caption
caption
Avatar image for captain_strange
captain strange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By captain strange

sbp wins this.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lordraiden
Zoom said:
"Read ALL of Infinite Crisis.

caption
caption
"

I've got it, i've read it, like three times at least fully! And again, all they did was slow/delay him, that's all! Try re-reading it your self, and you'll notice that that's SBP going through all the GLC, Superman new earth, Superman E2 and the rest in issue seven, which is well after issue 4-5, when the Flashes supposedly stopped or hurt him??? SBP has psychological issues with the flash's/Bart, not physical ones, cause they can't really do much to contain him indefinately, which is what the point is here!
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ego

i go with prime this time... you can be fast like zoom. or mabe use the infinite mass punch. but remember... it only takes one hit from prime to nock zoom out. and prime is no slow poke either.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Zoom
lordraiden said:
"Zoom said:
"Read ALL of Infinite Crisis.

caption
caption
"

I've got it, i've read it, like three times at least fully! And again, all they did was slow/delay him, that's all! Try re-reading it your self, and you'll notice that that's SBP going through all the GLC, Superman new earth, Superman E2 and the rest in issue seven, which is well after issue 4-5, when the Flashes supposedly stopped or hurt him??? SBP has psychological issues with the flash's/Bart, not physical ones, cause they can't really do much to contain him indefinately, which is what the point is here!"
The advantage Zoom has over all of them is that SBP can actually hit all of those characters whereas he can't hit Zoom.

Psychological issues against speedsters still apply when facing Zoom.  SBP will be scared out of his wits.  I wasn't talking about Wally and Bart and Jay taking him into the speed force.  I was talking about when Bart came back as in this picture.  You guys keep bringing up the group of Flashes bringing him into the speed force (which doesn't apply because Zoom couldn't do that anyways) and then shooting down that argument.  So yeah, your argument would shoot mine to pieces if I was talking about that.

Immediately after this scan, SBP runs away, flying into space to escape Bart and then supposedly to destroy the universe.  If Bart Allen could create that much panic in SBP, Zoom could completely destroy him.

As for Ego's assertion that one hit from Prime could KO Zoom....maybe.  Probably.

Still, how is he supposed to hit a guy who can alter time relative to himself so much that SBP is standing still?
Avatar image for supertrooper117
supertrooper117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By supertrooper117
the creator said:
"Buckshot said:
"I think I'm on drugs because I feel like (don't even want to say I'm actually doing it) agreeing with human juggs over Creator.

Creator presented ways SBP could jack up the planet and kill Zoom that way, but he'd first have to leave Zoom and do it, and I don't think he could. (It was never specified where they start relative to each other, but I'm assuming they start near each other, not with SBP already in orbit where he can't be reached.) Zoom can move so "fast" that time doesn't actually pass for anyone else, not like Flash where a year for him is a second for someone else, he can spend years in his time and still have SBP not experience the passage of time. Zoom could keep attacking for as long as he wants without time ever catching up for SBP and allowing him to fly away and do whatever. And while he's very durable and what not and a punch from Zoom didn't even stop Wonder Woman (though keep in mind, he was most likely not going all out since he wants heroes to be better, not to actually kill them), I still think he could eventually do damage to SBP. One punch won't do it, a few thousand might not, but he's got an eternity to lay into him. You don't think millions of blows stronger than Superman or of infinite mass could do anything to SBP? If a million is not enough he could go higher. He has as much time as he needs.

Please tell me I'm wrong."
Nope you are right.
Million's of blows will do damage.
Could it kill SBP - to be honest I don't know but considering some of the durability feats we have seen from him, I am still thinking no.
He flew through the Anti-monitor (so was being bathed in the energies from the Anti-Monitor), then he picked up the Anti-Monitor's body and discussed what he was going to do for several seconds before throwing the body in to space.All that time, he was again exposed to the leaking energies.
These energies badly hurt and scarred a Guardian of the Universe (who are immortal and virtually indestructible) and SBP had no discernible damage from the energies. he did not even react to them.
He withstood the complete release of all the energy from a Guardian and that did not kill him.

If the fight took place on the ground, Zoom could use all of his powers to be effect.

How often do we see SBP on the ground - he has the ability to fly and he uses it in all combats.

The set up for the battle was

fight starts in metropolis, no prep.  Who wins and why?

Can Zoom stop the time flow indefinately around him - I don't think that we have ever seen him accomplish such a thing (but then he might not have needed to).
To hold back the 'weight' of time for weeks....Even though he is very powerful and can slow time's passage relative to himself, by a massive factor so that even the Flashs seem to be slow moving, I am not sure he can with-hold time completely.

Say it takes a second for him to throw a punch.
Unless he has severly enhanced endurance, he will get tired after throwing say 1000 punches so he will need to take a break. He rests for 10 minutes and then does the same 1000 punches again.
At this rate it takes approx 16.7 mins to throw 1000 punches.
With 10 mins rest time between each 1000 punches, it totals to over 444 hrs or over 18.5 days to throw 1,000,000 punches.
That's without sleep / eating / toilet breaks etc.

Can he sleep outside of time, while still slowing time down to it's slowest passage for him ?

To many unknowns."
this was ignored and it proves alot... just wanted to bring that to peoples attention
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckshot said:
"I think I'm on drugs because I feel like (don't even want to say I'm actually doing it) agreeing with human juggs over Creator.

Creator presented ways SBP could jack up the planet and kill Zoom that way, but he'd first have to leave Zoom and do it, and I don't think he could. (It was never specified where they start relative to each other, but I'm assuming they start near each other, not with SBP already in orbit where he can't be reached.) Zoom can move so "fast" that time doesn't actually pass for anyone else, not like Flash where a year for him is a second for someone else, he can spend years in his time and still have SBP not experience the passage of time. Zoom could keep attacking for as long as he wants without time ever catching up for SBP and allowing him to fly away and do whatever. And while he's very durable and what not and a punch from Zoom didn't even stop Wonder Woman (though keep in mind, he was most likely not going all out since he wants heroes to be better, not to actually kill them), I still think he could eventually do damage to SBP. One punch won't do it, a few thousand might not, but he's got an eternity to lay into him. You don't think millions of blows stronger than Superman or of infinite mass could do anything to SBP? If a million is not enough he could go higher. He has as much time as he needs.

thanks, douche.
kinggamer97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By kinggamer97

spb

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By the creator
supertrooper117 said:
"the creator said:
"Buckshot said:

Nope you are right.
Could it kill SBP - to be honest I don't know but considering some of the durability feats we have seen from him, I am still thinking no.
He flew through the Anti-monitor (so was being bathed in the energies from the Anti-Monitor), then he picked up the Anti-Monitor's body and discussed what he was going to do for several seconds before throwing the body in to space.All that time, he was again exposed to the leaking energies.
These energies badly hurt and scarred a Guardian of the Universe (who are immortal and virtually indestructible) and SBP had no discernible damage from the energies. he did not even react to them.
He withstood the complete release of all the energy from a Guardian and that did not kill him.

If the fight took place on the ground, Zoom could use all of his powers to be effect.

How often do we see SBP on the ground - he has the ability to fly and he uses it in all combats.

Can Zoom stop the time flow indefinately around him - I don't think that we have ever seen him accomplish such a thing (but then he might not have needed to).
To hold back the 'weight' of time for weeks....Even though he is very powerful and can slow time's passage relative to himself, by a massive factor so that even the Flashs seem to be slow moving, I am not sure he can with-hold time completely.

Unless he has severly enhanced endurance, he will get tired after throwing say 1000 punches so he will need to take a break. He rests for 10 minutes and then does the same 1000 punches again.
With 10 mins rest time between each 1000 punches, it totals to over 444 hrs or over 18.5 days to throw 1,000,000 punches.

Can he sleep outside of time, while still slowing time down to it's slowest passage for him ?

To many unknowns."
this was ignored and it proves alot... just wanted to bring that to peoples attention"
Thanks but they are difficult questions for people to try and answer.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#67  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
the creator said:
Nope you are right.

To many unknowns."
Just because SBP took some energy attacks doesn't mean there's no amount of physical damage that could stop him. If there is a limit, Zoom can find it because he can attack for as long as he wants. Also, I don't consider energy attacks the same as physical ones when reading comics. They don't seem to follow the same rules. SBP wasn't destroyed by Monarch or the Guardian's energies, you're right, but he was bloodied by Bart, by Krypto, by Terra, by Superboy, by Superman, by Sodam Yat, and probably more people when he took on groups. Their punches and other attacks damaged his body. Zoom could harder than any of them did and he could do it thousands of times more. If they could make him bleed with a few (or just one in some cases) punches, give me a good reason why thousands of Zoom's wouldn't do worse?

Zoom has fought fliers before. He finds a way to do it. Maybe he uses his "speed" and builds himself a ladder in front of them right before every attack, but he can do it. Besides, SBP fights where his enemies are. You say he always uses it, but he's often on the ground or hovering right above it during fights, even with people who can fly themselves.

Unless you can find something to suggest that Zoom can't drag things out for as long as he wants, I see no reason to assume a limit.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
the creator said:
this was ignored and it proves alot... just wanted to bring that to peoples attention"
Thanks but they are difficult questions for people to try and answer."
I wasn't ignoring them, just had a busy last few days.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By the creator
Buckshot said:
"the creator said:
Nope you are right.

To many unknowns."
Just because SBP took some energy attacks doesn't mean there's no amount of physical damage that could stop him. If there is a limit, Zoom can find it because he can attack for as long as he wants. Also, I don't consider energy attacks the same as physical ones when reading comics. They don't seem to follow the same rules. SBP wasn't destroyed by Monarch or the Guardian's energies, you're right, but he was bloodied by Bart, by Krypto, by Terra, by Superboy, by Superman, by Sodam Yat, and probably more people when he took on groups. Their punches and other attacks damaged his body. Zoom could harder than any of them did and he could do it thousands of times more. If they could make him bleed with a few (or just one in some cases) punches, give me a good reason why thousands of Zoom's wouldn't do worse?

Zoom has fought fliers before. He finds a way to do it. Maybe he uses his "speed" and builds himself a ladder in front of them right before every attack, but he can do it. Besides, SBP fights where his enemies are. You say he always uses it, but he's often on the ground or hovering right above it during fights, even with people who can fly themselves.

Unless you can find something to suggest that Zoom can't drag things out for as long as he wants, I see no reason to assume a limit.
"
Do we know that Zoom has super human endurance or can mainatain his freezing of time (relative to him) when asleep ?
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

He ran around the world (while fighting Flash) without stopping for a nap or to get some chow. How long do you think it would take to run around the world for a normal human, because that's how long he was stopping time for. I haven't read anything that's suggested a limit, so unless you have, there's no support for that idea.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By Forever
Buckshot said:
"He ran around the world (while fighting Flash) without stopping for a nap or to get some chow. How long do you think it would take to run around the world for a normal human, because that's how long he was stopping time for. I haven't read anything that's suggested a limit, so unless you have, there's no support for that idea."

That's impressive.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SeSAW

This is a rediculous fight zoom loses horribly, hed never be able to hurt SBP and when SBP hits him once its over, Zoom could never beat Superman let alone SBP....

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
the human Juggernaut said:
"Buckshot said:

thanks, douche."
I could have been more respectful. My apologies.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Zoom
SeSAW said:
"This is a rediculous fight zoom loses horribly, hed never be able to hurt SBP and when SBP hits him once its over, Zoom could never beat Superman let alone SBP...."
The fact that you think SBP wins just adds credit to the arguement that he loses.

You can always count on SeSAW to be wrong about everything.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By lordraiden
Buckshot said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"Buckshot said:

thanks, douche."
I could have been more respectful. My apologies."

At least you know for next time, Buck :-)
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Perfect Cell
Ego said:
"i go with prime this time... you can be fast like zoom. or mabe use the infinite mass punch. but remember... it only takes one hit from prime to nock zoom out. and prime is no slow poke either."
If Zoom uses time substitute for speed than there's no way Superman can hit him no matter how fast he is. From my understanding; the control of time > physical speed. Just as the speed of thought is faster than physical speed. (ie: The Runner with the Space Gem). So unless Zoom is dumb enough to run into a statue-like Superman's fist or cloth line pose; Zoom could possibly be the winner.
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77  Edited By Forever
SeSAW said:
"This is a rediculous fight zoom loses horribly, hed never be able to hurt SBP and when SBP hits him once its over, Zoom could never beat Superman let alone SBP...."

I dont think you have a complete grasp of what Zoom's time powers allow him to do.  As fast as SBP is, he should never even come close to hitting Zoom.
One-Above-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By One-Above-You

This is just a theory, but I think even if Prime does get one hit it will barely hurt Zoom Since Prime seems so slow to Zoom.

It's like being hit by a car. If the car is going 100 mph and hits you it would kill you, but if it is going less than 1 mph, the impact probably wouldn't hurt.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Zoom
One-Above-You said:
"This is just a theory, but I think even if Prime does get one hit it will barely hurt Zoom Since Prime seems so slow to Zoom.

It's like being hit by a car. If the car is going 100 mph and hits you it would kill you, but if it is going less than 1 mph, the impact probably wouldn't hurt."
Except it's more like what Perfect Cell said.  If Zoom is really trying, SBP won't be a car going less than 1 mph.  He'll be a statue, completely unmoving.
lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By lboy

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!!!!

lol

Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Bart Simpson

Didn't these two already faced off before? I was checking out a Superboy Prime video on youtube and saw a image of someone who looked a lot like Zoom helping out Jay Garrick and another Flash gang up on SBP.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#82  Edited By castleking

i say zoom can knock out SBP. FTW

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Zoom
Bart Simpson said:
"Didn't these two already faced off before? I was checking out a Superboy Prime video on youtube and saw a image of someone who looked a lot like Zoom helping out Jay Garrick and another Flash gang up on SBP."
Nah.  That was likely Barry Allen and the yellow shine from the speedforce.
Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Bart Simpson
Zoom said:
"Bart Simpson said:
"Didn't these two already faced off before? I was checking out a Superboy Prime video on youtube and saw a image of someone who looked a lot like Zoom helping out Jay Garrick and another Flash gang up on SBP."
Nah.  That was likely Barry Allen and the yellow shine from the speedforce."

My bad. I took a closer look at the video and saw that is was really Bart Allen. He had on the yellow outfit and his brown hair wasn't noticable due to the yellow speedforce shine.
Liquid_Ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Liquid_Ice

Gotta go with Prime

Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Magicalmoment

gotta go with prime

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Zoom

How is SBP supposed to beat something that moves so fast he can't see it?

I've said it about five times so what's one more?  It only took one Flash to beat Superboy Prime and the Reverse Flash as more powerful than all the other Flashes combined.

Shonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Shonen

zOOM OWNS THIS FIGHT

Avatar image for the_man_of_tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough fight. I just think that SBP doesn't match up well here. He takes on the likes of monarch and even survives an attack from multiple guardians who are definitely at the top of the food chain in the DC universe. The fact is that SBP can't beat what he can't catch. But at the same time, he might be able to destroy the planet that Zoom is on before Zoom takes him out. This is just one of those circumstantial fights.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By acewasp23
Buckshot said:
"the creator said:
Nope you are right.

To many unknowns."

"

Im going with Zoom.

just had to Quote this. I've always wanted to see a Creator/Buckshot Debate.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#91  Edited By geraldthesloth

Zoom kills sbp

felt good to say that

Ayatola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Ayatola

Prime should just destroy the Earth and win the match

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By acewasp23
Ayatola said:
"Prime should just destroy the Earth and win the match"

yeah and he could but that would be a comp out win.
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By The_Scourge
SBP wins if he can get a hit on Zoom
acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By acewasp23

and i dont think he's going to get anythng on zoom.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Zoom
Ayatola said:
"Prime should just destroy the Earth and win the match"
That's retarded and it wouldn't work because Zoom would kick his butt before he could.

Fresh Prince said:
"SBP wins if he can get a hit on Zoom
"
Probably.  But he can't.
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ownerz

The Emo child dies

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By OhTru

Zoom ridiculous overkill

Out of character Prime might have a chance by just shot gun blasting the planet but in-character he's got all kinds of weakness. He has this speedster phobia, if he saw Zoom then Prime might just literally drop dead

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#99  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@geraldthesloth said:
" Zoom kills sbpfelt good to say that "
Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points