#2  Edited By vintage_spiderman

Tornado fist

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Completely forgot about that unicorn kid.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

who else?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any feats for Jin? I watched the episode of him fighting Yusuke so I know he can create a wind shield and fly at the speed of wind. And he has good reflexes for blocking in CQC. Other than that I didn't see anything he could do that Storm couldn't handle.

So far I think Storm would win here.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vintage_spiderman

@thunderbolt30: Jin because he's badass by default because he fought Yusuke.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm elemental powers are more versatile than Jin's, but because of the supernatural nature of his powers Jin can do many things with wind that Storm can't. Two examples are His ability to use wind to tare through sturdy materials such as stone and metal, and use wind to repel energy attacks. Jin also has an advantage in terms of his physical abilities. He is much more fast, agile, and strong than Storm. We must consider that Jin was durable enough to take punches and kicks from Yusuke, and get hit with his spirit wave point blank and live to tell about it. Had Storm received the same physical punishment she would of been killed. For these reasons I am going to say Jin would win.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not true. So far I have not seen Jin perform feats with wind that Storm hasn't done herself.

Storm's winds have redirected and countered energy, easily shredded AIM helicopters and Forge's space flying sled (both made of metal) in scans 1 & 7, rip the face of the enhanced vibranium Kracken (highly durable metal) that had the ability to adapt to her powers and was still destroyed in scans 2 & 3, redirected an explosion from of Gambit's charged cards hitting a tank of gasoline inside the Phalance in scans 4 & 5, and redirected the powerful energy blast of Cyclops from near point blank range in scan 6:

And there is more (i.e. - redirecting Sienna Blaze's very powerful and explosive EM blast) but I think this is suffcient for now.

I agree that in a close quarters encounter his faster reflexes could be an advantage but there is no reason this fight would come to that consdiering his flight speed is not above Storm's. And that besides seeing that Jin was easily hurt by a punch from Yusuke (he had to quickly retreated into the air to recover from the punch).

I haven't seen anything that suggests Jin can handle Storm's lightning, handle being frozen, pounded by superior wind power, handle thunderclaps, etc. She could also counter and possibly override his control over the wind, and fly as fast if not faster than him so close quarters is likely not going to happen.

Storm should win here with little difficulty.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Storm has been tagged and knocked out by opponents much slower than Jin in the past, getting in close would not be as difficult for Jin as you are making it sound. When Jin and Yusuke fought he did not retreat from the punch to recover, but to formulate a plan. You speak as if being hit by Yusuke isn't a big deal, but single punch from Yusuke would have at least hospitalized Storm. The use of wind to redirect Cyclops's is impressive, but it is mot the same thing as redirecting an energy attack on the scale of Yusuke's spirit gun. Is there even any evidence that Storm can seriously injure someone with Jin's durability? You have to remember that Yuyu Hakusho characters are far above human durability.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As an S class demon his durability should be able to tank any hits from Storm. I think his senses are faster to fight upper class demons. So i think he wins.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kadeem said:

@thunderbolt30: Storm has been tagged and knocked out by opponents much slower than Jin in the past, getting in close would not be as difficult for Jin as you are making it sound. When Jin and Yusuke fought he did not retreat from the punch to recover, but to formulate a plan. You speak as if being hit by Yusuke isn't a big deal, but single punch from Yusuke would have at least hospitalized Storm. The use of wind to redirect Cyclops's is impressive, but it is mot the same thing as redirecting an energy attack on the scale of Yusuke's spirit gun. Is there even any evidence that Storm can seriously injure someone with Jin's durability? You have to remember that Yuyu Hakusho characters are far above human durability.

Jin had no showings of flight speed that suggests he could get in close when she can sense his movement, can redirect him with her control over air, and has show better agility in flight. From what I recall in the video Jin stated he would rest up there for a bit after he got hit and to think of a plan (agree with you that but that doesn't negate my point about him reeling from just a punch). He wasn't ready to take a seond hit (it starts at 1:34):

Loading Video...

Yusuke's punch is not on par with Storm's raw power so I don't think Jin's durability is much of a problem for Storm.

The main point of the scans I previous posted was to address your comment about Storm's winds not being able to do what Jin's could. And they aren't her strongest showings in that regard. Yusuke's spirit gun blast in that episode was impressive, but did not appear to be on a scale that Storm's winds could not handle. Storm has also redirected the explosive energy of Sienna Blaze (that is beyond Yusuke's spirit gun). Scan 1 is a controlled blast (her blasts has the potential to create extreme damage to the planet's ecosystem) just to show the scale of power she has, and scan 2 is Storm's electrically charged wind tunnel redirecting an uncontrolled blast skyward and Scott firing his blast to prevent possible excess energy from getting to them:

And Storm's lightning has easily hurt the Blob (60 tonner), dropped Colossus to his knees (100 tonner), and hurt Adaptoid with Red Hulk's 100 tonner durability. Jin hasn't shown any durability feats on par with these characters. And there is also the story where Storm lifted the massive and highly durable Terminus and slammed him hard into a mountain with sufficient force to KO with a whirlwind attack.

A barrage of intense concussive lightning should be more than enough to KO Jin, among other options.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@albusan said:

As an S class demon his durability should be able to tank any hits from Storm. I think his senses are faster to fight upper class demons. So i think he wins.

Based on what durability feats? And do you have proof Jin has durability superior to Blob, Colossus, or Red Hulk? Storm's powers are strong enough to effect all of these highly durable characters?

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this S-Class Jin? Cause then he might actually win via durability/speed/strength just off of the strength of being an S-Class. C-Class Jin loses.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Well since I am not familiar enough with this character can you confirm if this is S-Class Jin or C-Class?

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@thunderbolt30: None of the feats you have posted show Storm doing damage to a being with durability on par with an S-class demon.
The characters in Yuyu Hakusho can typically move much faster then normal human senses can keep up with. at 10:48 of this clip we see that even a seasoned fighter such as Kuabara, who is capable of keeping up with opponents with super speed was unable to keep up with what was going on during the fight between Yusuke and Jin.

@albusan said:

Yes, this was a big part of what I was trying to point too.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@kadeem: I never said any of the feats I posted were of her doing damage to a being with S-Class demon durability (I'm not sure what that is yet). I haven't posted those yet.

I explained what the scans were for and they addressed your other point where you stated that what Storm did to redirect Scott's beam was not on par with the spirit gun redirection, so I gave you scans of Storm redirecting a force greater than that of the spirit gun.

I already watched this entire episode before I posted in the thread to get an idea of what Jin could do. None of what I saw showed durability beyond what Storm could effect, nor the speed to contend with her in the air (let alone the wind up time needed for his tornado fist attacks vs her speed of thought elemental attacks). I already agreed in the beginning that Jin's close quarter combat speed would be an advantage against Storm but the OP doesn't state they are that close at the start of this fight, and his flight speed is not that fast, so unless he is starting out at CQC range she can easily keep him at a distance.

If this is what you are stating is "S-Class" demon durability then I don't see how that compares to easily burning 60 tonner Blob with one of her basic hand lightning bolts in scan 4, bringing 100 tonner Colossus to his knees in scan 1, or having the Adaptoid with 100 tonner Red Hulk durability yelling out in pain scans 2 - 3:

Or KOing the highly durable Terminus when she slammed him with her winds, with scans 1 - 3 show his size and examples of his durability, and his being hit and KO'd for a while in scans 4 - 6:

All I have for Jin's durability so far is Yusuke's punch easily hurting him, he was clearly afraid to be hit by the spirit gun blast (prompting him to redirect it vs tanking it), and he was blocked and then KO'd by Yusuke's spirit wave. I'm not seeing a durability level that puts him at classic Blob's 60 ton level (who could trade punches with 70 ton classic Colossus and Ms.Marvel powered Rogue at 50 tons), let alone Colossus at 100 tons and Adaptoid's Red Hulk durability levels.

Is there a more compelling showing for Jin's durability or is this video all there is? I am assuming that there is some other episode (or maybe there is a comic book version) where this is more strongly demonstrated. If so could you please post the video or book scans?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kadeem said:

Storm elemental powers are more versatile than Jin's, but because of the supernatural nature of his powers Jin can do many things with wind that Storm can't. Two examples are His ability to use wind to tare through sturdy materials such as stone and metal, and use wind to repel energy attacks. Jin also has an advantage in terms of his physical abilities. He is much more fast, agile, and strong than Storm. We must consider that Jin was durable enough to take punches and kicks from Yusuke, and get hit with his spirit wave point blank and live to tell about it. Had Storm received the same physical punishment she would of been killed. For these reasons I am going to say Jin would win.

I just realized that Jin needs wind to fly and perform his abilities. Storm can control the air and the wind. So I think Storm can control the wind so that Jin can't use his abilities. What do you think?

Also I think lightning is fast enough to hit Jin.

And Jin still needs to breathe.

I miss Jin. He is my favorite character in Yuyu Hakusho. I felt bad when he lost during the battle tournament in n the Demon's world.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this S-Class Jin? Cause then he might actually win via durability/speed/strength just off of the strength of being an S-Class. C-Class Jin loses.

Jin is S-class but probably a lower S-class.

I just found this today: http://yuyuhakusho.wikia.com/wiki/Jin

Jin can only fly as fast as the wind can take him. It also stated that he cannot exceed the speed of the wind itself.

If Jin is S-class, then Storm is too.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I heard storm made a star...

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thunderbolt30: It's just a spirit ranking for the strength of the (mostly Manga version) demons and Since this is the animated version of Jin, I don't think his S Class rank should be considered in this fight. Storm should be more than enough for him.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By haoalchemist
Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loumast: nope. Scans or it didn't happen.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

Jin is S-class but probably a lower S-class.

I just found this today: http://yuyuhakusho.wikia.com/wiki/Jin

Jin can only fly as fast as the wind can take him. It also stated that he cannot exceed the speed of the wind itself.

If Jin is S-class, then Storm is too.

Lower S-class is Sensui+ levels. Plus Jin already has speed feats that put him faster than any normal wind. Just by comprehending and matching Yusuke, he's already 1000x faster than any wind, so that's not an indication.

Storm's probably B or A-Class. Country level. But her durability/speed/strength are lacking.

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: A little bit down on this page. Something where she tries to kill herself? http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/storm-vs-strawhats-1484650/?page=6

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jin is just better. He's faster stronger and in the Demon Tournament he combines lightning with his tornado explosion.

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loumast: It's so dope your linking my thread @_@

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loumast: It's so dope your linking my thread @_@

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@loumast: ohh. That was the galactic core feat.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loumast said:

0_0'

when?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: Thanks Roddy. I hate debates with anime characters. The have some convoluted abilities and it's hard to get credible info on them. Unless I see some convincing feats for Jin I'm sticking with Storm for the win.

Avatar image for deactivated-57c7d84814d87
deactivated-57c7d84814d87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: I heard storm second mutation is to control plants -_- . Rumors are dangerous

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By Roddy010

@thunderbolt30: Agreed most tend to overhype the character without giving actual feats of what they've done and honestly most of those feats are questionable.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loumast said:

0_0'

when?

I think he is referring to Storm's galactic core feat.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jhazzroucher

@etheral_dreams said:

@jhazzroucher: Is that even canon anymore?

It is canon. Storm didn;t really create a star. She was absorbing energies of millions of stars and used it to kill the brood within her and it shone so bright like a star