Storm Vs Dr. Strange

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LightningGod67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LightningGod67

The fight takes place in a Forest. No prep. Win by K.O. Who wins? 

No Caption Provided
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dondave

I don't see how Dr Strange loses

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spinningbirdcake

Yeah Strange stomps this.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chiq

Strange Stomps

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jackofspades

storm wins before strange can open his mouth

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlackWind

Current Strange is pretty lame.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NeonGameWave

Classic Strange murderstomps

Current Strange wins

Avatar image for henryarguelles73
henryarguelles73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By henryarguelles73

Any version of Strange wins this.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sufferthorn

@NeonGameWave said:

Classic Strange murderstomps

Current Strange wins

Pretty much this.

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor strange quite easily. Not too fair of a matchup

Megan Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Megan Fox

This can go either way. Storm is more than capable of taking Dr.Strange.

KingofComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KingofComix

@Megan Fox said:

Completely untrue, you know absolutely nothing of Dr strange.

Megan Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Megan Fox
@KingofComix said:

@Megan Fox said:

Completely untrue, you know absolutely nothing of Dr strange.

Completely true. Storm is powerful enough to cause Dr.Strange extremely physical harm. He's not the Dr.Strange he once was.
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

What has current Strange done that were impressive?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By butterflykyss

hmm im actually not sure how storm takes this.. but i don't know much of his powers.. i just know he is a powerful mystic.. i don't think storm could do much against a wielder of magic unless she tags him before he casts a spell.. so im goin with strange on this one.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chiq

@King-Stranglehold da first: I think he was able to take on all of the possessed Avengers while holding back. He got hurt though but that was Thor, Rulk, Cap, Thing, etc....

It happened in New Avengers right before he regained his title as SS.

Megan Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Megan Fox
@chiq said:

@King-Stranglehold da first: I think he was able to take on all of the possessed Avengers while holding back. He got hurt though but that was Thor, Rulk, Cap, Thing, etc....

Are you talking about when the Avengers were possessed by the Eye of Agamotto? If so Thor and Rulk weren't there.
Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ddecourt

I think Current Dr Strange wins, but if this is Classic Strange then this is a huge missmatch imo.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@chiq said:

Another poster says Thor and Rulk were not there.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chiq

@Megan Fox: They were possessed by Daniel Drumm. So that's Thor, Rulk, Thing, The two Spiders, Captain Marvel, Cap, Iron Fist, etc...

Sorry don't have scans of the whole fight. He got hurt though but he was holding back, still a very impressive showing imo taking all of them at the same time. After fighting the Avengers for quite sometime he went to the astral plane and beat Daniel in order to release them iirc.

Megan Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Megan Fox
@chiq said:

@Megan Fox: They were possessed by Daniel Drumm.

Oh, ok. I was thinking of a different instance. 
chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chiq

@King-Stranglehold da first said:

@chiq said:

Another poster says Thor and Rulk were not there.

I posted a couple of scans. I don't have the whole fight though...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@chiq: I think this would come down to who struck first. I don't see why a lighnting bolt wouldn't KO him. Does current Strange have feats to prove he could draw fast enoughto counter her lightning? I can agree he'd defintiely win in a prolonged fight, as he can shield himself from her attacks and she doesn't really have an answer to his magic, but Storm has no problem with hitting him with a powerful wind blast or lightning bolt to KO him from the start, and his physical durability is the same as hers.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By slimj87d

@chiq: That was my favorite issue of New Avengers. I like Doctor Strange a lot. I don't want him on earth anymore, I want him back to fighting universal level threats. I would post the fight but it's almost the whole entire issue and I don't think it's really fair. I'll post some good parts though.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Various artist guest appear in the issue. He evades spider-man and restrains him, freezes Thing, auto shields take care of Thor's lightning and then he blows Thor up, and Auto shields take a full blast from Ms. Marvel right after.

@jackofspades said:

storm wins before strange can open his mouth

Yeah right. Storm doesn't conjure storms up as fast as Doctor Strange can twitch his fingers and Strange above has auto shields fast enough to block Thor's thunder which was shot straight out of his hammer. This is completely depowered Strange as well.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By chiq

@THUNDERBOLT30: Fair enough. I don't know if current Strange has auto shields or anything similar to them. I don't know of current Strange's healing or regen feats either...

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@chiq:

I seen them. I think current Strange can win this, but not in a curbstomp.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By chiq

@SlimJ87D: The art sucked imo...it should have been a really cool fight if one really good artist was able to draw everything. Great showing for Strange though...since a lot of people associate current strange as weak. He can midwipe too like what he did to Cap .

@King-Stranglehold da first: yeah but I can't see Storm lasting long against a team like this.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@SlimJ87D: Actually Storm HAS and DOES generate her powers in the speed it takes to blink, so I see no reason why she doesn't have a chance to land a strike. She has flash-frozen targets and generated a tornado at this speed before. If current Strange has auto-shields that protect him, does he need to be aware of the attack for them to activate? Or do they automatically shield him whether is aware or not? I ask because he seems to be aware of the attack and then the shield went up, so I am just trying to understand the "automatic" part of this defense?

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SexualLobster

strange.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By slimj87d

@chiq said:

@SlimJ87D: The art sucked imo...it should have been a really cool fight if one really good artist was able to draw everything. Great showing for Strange though...since a lot of people associate current strange as weak. He can midwipe too like what he did to Cap .

@King-Stranglehold da first: yeah but I can't see Storm lasting long against a team like this.

It wasn't much of the art sucking but the guest artists coming and collaborating. But current Strange is sorcerer supreme again. I don't see why he wouldn't get his feats starting from the end of his classic power sets and now.

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@SlimJ87D: Actually Storm HAS and DOES generate her powers in the speed it takes to blink, so I see no reason why she doesn't have a chance to land a strike. She has flash-frozen targets and generated a tornado at this speed before. If current Strange has auto-shields that protect him, does he need to be aware of the attack for them to activate? Or do they automatically shield him whether is aware or not? I ask because he seems to be aware of the attack and then the shield went up, so I am just trying to understand the "automatic" part of this defense?

Thor is fast as conjuring up lightning as well, but Strange contained and handled it fine. His shields in the past have protected him dozens of times from dozens of things even without him knowing they were there.

Strange was holding the earth together and Deathurge came in through a portal without Strange knowing, auto shield blocked his attack. His attacks are quite powerful on a herald level I believe.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I agree with you. Strange doesn't have autoshields. He's been stabbed,hit etc. by characters much slower than Storm and almost lost to characters far less powerful even in the "classic" era. Strange has NEVER had autoshields, that's a made up ability.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By slimj87d

Regardless of the belief of auto shield or not, he was shown to be fast enough to react to Thor's lightning and a sneak attack from Deathurge.

Storm isn't going to just blink and electrocute Strange, specially since she has morals on.

Strange wins it.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@SlimJ87D said:

Regardless of the belief of auto shield or not, he was shown to be fast enough to react to Thor's lightning and a sneak attack from Deathurge.

Storm isn't going to just blink and electrocute Strange, specially since she has morals on.

Strange wins it.

With respect to their draw speed I think it could go either way. And to the bold - Yes she would. She can control the intensity of her lightning. She can still summon a bolt with a yield that is just sufficient to KO.

@Vance Astro: Thanks for the clarification.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By slimj87d

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

Strange wins it.

With respect to their draw speed I think it could go either way. And to the bold - Yes she would. She can control the intensity of her lightning. She can still summon a bolt with a yield that is just sufficient to KO.

Even if you doubt that he has autoshields, I still don't get your "blink" argument. Doctor Strange clearly reacted to Thor's lightning attack. Even if he did block Deathurges attack, which I do not believe he did, he was have had to have extreme reaction time. He was holding the Earth together and was totally out of focus from Deathurge appearing quietly with a portal and reacted to it.

So convince me how this can go either way? Storm isn't going to attack fast enough. As inconsistent as Vance points out Strange not having his shields up against other foes, Storm hasn't easily dealt with or put anyone down on Strange's level. Pointing out that she does it to people tiers below Strange doesn't count.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Yup :) 

@SlimJ87D said:

Even if you doubt that he has autoshields, I still don't get your "blink" argument. Doctor Strange clearly reacted to Thor's lightning attack. Even if he did block Deathurges attack, which I do not believe he did, he was have had to have extreme reaction time. He was holding the Earth together and was totally out of focus from Deathurge appearing quietly with a portal and reacted to it.

So convince me how this can go either way? Storm isn't going to attack fast enough. As inconsistent as Vance points out Strange not having his shields up against other foes, Storm hasn't easily dealt with or put anyone down on Strange's level. Pointing out that she does it to people tiers below Strange doesn't count.

Strange gets hit far more often than he blocks attacks via shields so from my point of view i'm not suggesting that Storm can beat him every time but this is definitely not a curbstomp in Strange's favor. If Storm is able to get the first shot she could do Strange bad. Strange doesn't have superhuman reflexes. So reacting to Thor's lightning could simply mean the writer is disregarding how fast lightning is, not that Strange is actually fast enough to do that. Speed is the most misrepresented ability in comics.
butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By butterflykyss

Ok after consideration of some of the things that have been said, going to actually say storm for the win.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After consideration of all that has been presented here this day, we deem that the one who is called Strange the victor of this match.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By slimj87d

@Vance Astro said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Yup :)

@SlimJ87D said:

Strange gets hit far more often than he blocks attacks via shields so from my point of view i'm not suggesting that Storm can beat him every time but this is definitely not a curbstomp in Strange's favor. If Storm is able to get the first shot she could do Strange bad. Strange doesn't have superhuman reflexes. So reacting to Thor's lightning could simply mean the writer is disregarding how fast lightning is, not that Strange is actually fast enough to do that. Speed is the most misrepresented ability in comics.

Storm doesnt' have superhuman reflexes too. So they are both about equal in the department of preparing themselves. Storm would have to summon her attack and strike faster than Strange can pull up the shield. I've seem him take some pretty nasty hits and blasts too.

I actually believe it is a curbstomp in Stranges favor, at least 8 out of 10. We don't factor in the Cloak of levitation but it is a capable part of his equipment as well. It has shielded him from elemental attacks on its own and could possibly be the thing that allows him to take hits from lets say the juggernaut. It in itself already serves as a second layer defense against Storm's attacks as it is durable and also magically enchanted. Black Panther being well insulated was able to withstand multiple thunder strikes from Storm.

As I cannot pull up scans of the cloak itself, I already imagine if the shield isn't fast enough, the cloak will be and the shields would come after that. Once the shields are up I don't know anything Storm can do to stop him from mentally attacking her, etc.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

That's my only point here. I already agreed that Strange wins a prolonged battle. She has No answer to his magic.Out drawing him is her best shot to win, and she has reacted fast enough to tag a superhumanly fast target (Quicksilver), and react fast enough to counter An unexpected attack from Gambit, who has near superhuman reaction speed, to name a couple of reaction time showings for her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people underestimating Dr. Strange's reaction and reflexes?

The guy is a martial arts master. He had to master the forms of martial arts and controlling his ki before learning how to become a magician, let alone a master of it.

Strange is a master:

• Martial Artist
  • Swordsman
  • Staffsman
  • Dark Arts
  • Mystic Arts
  • Etc.
  • All before he became Sorcerer Supreme

Why deny his physical and mental and spiritual prowess to completely manipulate his body to deal with her. I can guarantee he has the reflexes/reaction that would match her if not more: Like Cyclops.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Ummm...Strange is not a master martial artist firstly. Even if he was it wouldn't mean much here. Secondly Cyclops does not have superior reaction time to Storm, who has physical reaction time feats against opponents with better reflexes than Cyclops, and she has countered Cyclop's attacks with her powers. I'm not stating Strange can't contend with her in reaction time, but a Cyclops comparison doesn't support your point at all. She and Scott can give each other a fair run in a quick draw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Ummm...Strange is not a master martial artist firstly.

The guy has been studying martial arts for over 60 years give or take all the times he's went back into the past just to do it again.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He even fights hand to hand against demons as powerful as Mephisto.

Dr. Strange is a Master at Martial Arts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's just so many evidence. I mean gee, the 1st issue of him, he does martial arts. It was required for him to be taught by the Ancient One in the 1st place. Any person who read Dr. Strange in the past knows this. Or at least, anyone who is a regular reader should know this.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

Why are people underestimating Dr. Strange's reaction and reflexes?

The guy is a martial arts master. He had to master the forms of martial arts and controlling his ki before learning how to become a magician, let alone a master of it.

Strange is a master:

• Martial Artist
  • Swordsman
  • Staffsman
  • Dark Arts
  • Mystic Arts
  • Etc.
  • All before he became Sorcerer Supreme

Why deny his physical and mental and spiritual prowess to completely manipulate his body to deal with her. I can guarantee he has the reflexes/reaction that would match her if not more: Like Cyclops.

Because he has the reflexes of a regular man his age, that's why.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@SlimJ87D said:

Storm doesnt' have superhuman reflexes too. So they are both about equal in the department of preparing themselves. 

She doesn't need them to attack first. He needs them block her attack before he gets hurt.

@SlimJ87D said:

I actually believe it is a curbstomp in Stranges favor, at least 8 out of 10. We don't factor in the Cloak of levitation but it is a capable part of his equipment as well. It has shielded him from elemental attacks on its own and could possibly be the thing that allows him to take hits from lets say the juggernaut. It in itself already serves as a second layer defense against Storm's attacks as it is durable and also magically enchanted. Black Panther being well insulated was able to withstand multiple thunder strikes from Storm.

As I cannot pull up scans of the cloak itself, I already imagine if the shield isn't fast enough, the cloak will be and the shields would come after that. Once the shields are up I don't know anything Storm can do to stop him from mentally attacking her, etc.

Last I checked the cloak of Levitation was just that, a cloak of levitation, it doesn't shield Strange from anything. Also he controls the cloak, it does what he makes it do. The use of the cloak as far as I know is specifically to aid his flight spell.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I have seen every single one of your scans and more for Strange. It does not prove he is a Master level martial artist. Knowing and being skillful in martial arts DOES NOT make you a master. At All. It makes him a very good fighter. Please show me a handbook entry or descriptive text (not him speaking) from a comic appearance where it state's his skill level is that of a master or rivals one? I'll concede if that is the case. The last handbook entry I recall seeing for him stated his fighting skill level is a 3 out of 7, which is a that a trained fighter.

For example, Psylocke has been stated to have the skill level in martial arts that rivals a Ninja Master. That is indicative of being a master level martial artist, and she has consistently fought opponents of notable h2h skill (inlcuding Wolverine). Other examples are fighters like Shang Chi, Iron Fist, Stick, and possibly Batroc or Colleen Wing (just to name a few) who are Master level (and posssibly even greater for a some of these named) in martial arts. Strange does not have the showings to support him being at the level from what I have seen. Unless they end up fighting h2h, neither of their h2h skill levels is really relevant to this battle. My point on his reaction time is that he has the potential to be out drawn, and so does Storm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange

Avatar image for deactivated-57df019954e6e
deactivated-57df019954e6e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm. strange is only human. storm kills him b4 he can react.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange. Not sure how this isn't stomp except current Strange.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange