serum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By serum

the battle is the version of the movie

the battle takes place in New York (no prep)

the battle begins 25 meters distance

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By slimj87d

Hmmmm, a lot of people are going to say Iron Man, but Spider-man was quite strong in his movie. He was capable of denting thick man hole pipes (he had the symbiote on though) and toss that metal ceiling off his head.

He was fast, agile and his spider-sense was quite amazing.

I don't really know who would win. I imagine Iron Man chasing Spidey around like how Harry did on the goblin snowboard or what ever but the outcome possibly with Iron Man winning. Of course Spider-man was holding back for awhile against Harry in that chase.

I think Spider-man could rip Iron man's front mask plate off if he got his hands on it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle
I don't think Stark is going to hit Spidey with anything, Spider-Man is way too quick and probably punch through the metal Iron Mans suit is made of...I'm going to give it to Spidey
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite

Movie Iron Man easily took a hit from a tank. Movie Spider-Man is not winning this.

notarandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By notarandomguy

The fight never happens, stark sees a hot girl passing by and .... so spidey left to a date with MJ (running late as always), u mad? *le troll face*

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey IMO.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slimj87d

@cattlebattle: The thing that worries me the most is Iron Man using those lasers that sliced all the hammer armors in that fight. That toppled with his computer using his firing weapons shows that he is quite quick.

Harry Osborne wasn't that fast and he was able to tag Spider-man with a few things.

@Decoy Elite: Remember how Iron Man's helmet was removed? Spider-man has been able to rip very very thick metal that was heavily bolted together when he was fighting Sandman using his legs and arms. If he ever got his feet onto Stark's shoulders and used that much leverage on Tony's head, not only would the helmet rip off but Stark's head also. Spider-man showed a lot of crazy durability and strength feats including holding the train back. That takes remarkable strength in his hands alone so imagine his grip strength. Proportionate that to a man's grip strength to his whole body. Also, his webbing was strong enough to stop that train so his webbing is no joke either if he fires it at its most sticky composition.

It's not Iron man's ability to survive a tank shot that will save him here.

Either way I'm still thinking this through. I'm leaning a little towards Spider-man due to his strength feats showing him to be way above 10 tons toppled with his incredible speed, strong web and pre-cognitive via spider-sense.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SexualLobster

Ironman.

Speed doesn't matter when the whole city block you're on just got blown up.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nickthedevil

Iron Man takes this. LOL

No Caption Provided
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By slimj87d

@SexualLobster said:

Ironman.

Please read forum rules to understand scenarios.

Characters morals are on and in character. Iron Man will not harm citizens. Neither will Spider-man.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SexualLobster

@SlimJ87D said:

@SexualLobster said:

Ironman.

Characters morals are on and in character. Iron Man will not harm citizens. Neither will Spider-man.

Didn't specify if morals were on or not :/

But still I don't see Spidey harming Ironman. And Ironman could definitely hurt Spidey.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slimj87d

@SexualLobster: In the rules there is a section that deals with conditions that aren't stated. Among one of them is actually if they don't mention morals then fighters are "in character."

I think both have a good chance of winning and it'd be really interesting to watch. This Spider-man is very very strong, much stronger than his comic book counterpart.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SexualLobster
No Caption Provided

@SlimJ87D said:

@SexualLobster: In the rules there is a section that deals with conditions that aren't stated. Among one of them is actually if they don't mention morals then fighters are "in character."

I think both have a good chance of winning and it'd be really interesting to watch. This Spider-man is very very strong, much stronger than his comic book counterpart.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nickthedevil

@SexualLobster said:

No Caption Provided

@SlimJ87D said:

Again, these are movie versions.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By nefarious

Peter Parker wins.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SexualLobster

@nickthedevil said:

@SexualLobster said:

No Caption Provided

@SlimJ87D said:

I know, the guy I was responding to said the movie version was 'much stronger than his comic book counterpart'. I couldn't let such shinanigans go unpunished :p

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nickthedevil

@SexualLobster said:

@nickthedevil said:

@SexualLobster said:

No Caption Provided

@SlimJ87D said:

I know, the guy I was responding to said the movie version was 'much stronger than his comic book counterpart'. I couldn't let such shinanigans go unpunished :p

Oh, good. sorry...

No Caption Provided
SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SexualLobster

@nickthedevil said:

@SexualLobster said:

@nickthedevil said:

@SexualLobster said:

No Caption Provided

@SlimJ87D said:

Oh, good. sorry...

No Caption Provided

Yea no worries. I say Ironman anyway. Spiderman from the movies kinda sucks.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nickthedevil

@SexualLobster said:

Yea no worries. I say Ironman anyway. Spiderman from the movies kinda sucks.

I second this.

Can't wait for the newest one. IDC what anyone says, i'm gonna go see the damn movie. it can't be any worse... right?

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SexualLobster

I think it looks great, the trailer looks way too serious, but apperently not.

This is a video of a guy on youtube, he went to comiccon and kinda reveals some stuff from the 'Amazing Spiderman' panel. It's long and he talks alot, but he explains it nicely, and you can see the nostalgia in the way he's so excited for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSKA1tm0i-A

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

stalemate 

Spidey can't do anything to severely damage Ironman 

Ironman probably won't catch spidey

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nickthedevil

@SexualLobster: ahaha

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cattlebattle
@SexualLobster said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@SexualLobster said:

Ironman.

But still I don't see Spidey harming Ironman. And Ironman could definitely hurt Spidey.

Spider-Man in the film can punch through metal and support massive amounts of weight (tons) with one hand (trolley car full of kids in the first movie)..there is no reason believe that he could rip Iron Man open like a tin can, Movie Iron Man wasn't made out of any kind of fictional metal.....just some sort of light weight alloy
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By RainEffect

Spiderman from the movies had very little durability. He got knocked out pretty damn easily. I would also say that Iron Man's tech, specifically JARVIS, is intelligent enough to catch onto Peter's movements and predict where he will be next. 

I'm giving this to Iron Man.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nickthedevil

@RainEffect said:

Spiderman from the movies had very little durability. He got knocked out pretty damn easily. I would also say that Iron Man's tech, specifically JARVIS, is intelligent enough to catch onto Peter's movements and predict where he will be next. I'm giving this to Iron Man.

well said.

you get my PM?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cattlebattle
@RainEffect said:
Spiderman from the movies had very little durability. He got knocked out pretty damn easily. I would also say that Iron Man's tech, specifically JARVIS, is intelligent enough to catch onto Peter's movements and predict where he will be next.   I'm giving this to Iron Man.
I think Spidey still has the better bouts of durability overall, I mean he did get blown up at close contact and stop a speeding train...not to mention getting smashed repeatedly by a giant Sandman and still survive...Iron Mans single "take a tank shell" feat doesn't hold up
SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SexualLobster

@cattlebattle said:

@SexualLobster said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@SexualLobster said:

Ironman.

Spider-Man in the film can punch through metal and support massive amounts of weight (tons) with one hand (trolley car full of kids in the first movie)..there is no reason believe that he could rip Iron Man open like a tin can, Movie Iron Man wasn't made out of any kind of fictional metal.....just some sort of light weight alloy

Well I seem to remember him eating a tank bullet and not really giving a crap :/

I also remember his armor taking Whiplash's whip things for about 10 seconds, even though they were slicing through cars like a soddering tool through butter.

I also recall Ironman falling from the sky, through the ground, into his garage and onto a car without any real damage, and that was before he knew how to use the suit, and before it was perfected.

Also Ironman flying at the speed of a jet, destroying tanks, taking bullets without second thoughts, and catching a car mid-air after it was tossed right at him.

Being blown up and thrown through a bus, and another explosion, and then STILL winning that fight, also I remember him sparring with his body guard dude and being at least knowlegeable on different fighting styles.

Ironman has durability, speed, strength, technology, intelligence, and know-how.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nickthedevil

@SexualLobster said:

@cattlebattle said:

@SexualLobster said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@SexualLobster said:

Ironman.

Well I seem to remember him eating a tank bullet and not really giving a crap :/

I also remember his armor taking Whiplash's whip things for about 10 seconds, even though they were slicing through cars like a soddering tool through butter.

I also recall Ironman falling from the sky, through the ground, into his garage and onto a car without any real damage, and that was before he knew how to use the suit, and before it was perfected.

Also Ironman flying at the speed of a jet, destroying tanks, taking bullets without second thoughts, and catching a car mid-air after it was tossed right at him.

Being blown up and thrown through a bus, and another explosion, and then STILL winning that fight, also I remember him sparring with his body guard dude and being at least knowlegeable on different fighting styles.

Ironman has durability, speed, strength, technology, intelligence, and know-how.

So, how'd you come up with the username: Sexual Lobster?

and Y u no have avatar? LOL

i usually (for some unknown reason) link no avatars, to Trollers from other sites :P

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fetts

I actually kind of want to say Iron Man could speedblitz Spiderman if he wanted to. Or one of those tank missiles he used in the first movie. But if Tony is drunk, he stomps.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cattlebattle
@SexualLobster said:

Man open like a tin can, Movie Iron Man wasn't made out of any kind of fictional metal.....just some sort of light weight alloy

Spidey ate an explosion at close range, stopped a whole train with nothing but his webs, supported a giant piece of a wall, supported a whole trolly car (with one hand), took repeated blows from a giant Sandman and other super powered foes...I actually believe he had the better feats, 

Iron Man had trouble fighting Whiplash both times..So, while his feats against conventional damage is impressive, he still didn't do to outwardly impressive against his super villians, I think Spider-Man has a better track record honestly
SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SexualLobster

@nickthedevil said:

@SexualLobster said:

@cattlebattle said:

@SexualLobster said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@SexualLobster said:

Ironman.

So, how'd you come up with the username: Sexual Lobster?

and Y u no have avatar? LOL

i usually (for some unknown reason) link no avatars, to Trollers from other sites :P

I have no clue :P I just kinda did one day, I'm a weird kid okay? x)

I've gotten that before :p

The reason? I mostly comment on battle threads and would probably have Spidey as my avatar, he's my favorite superhero. But I don't want people thinking I'm biased when I vote on him. although in this thread I'm voting against him 97% x)

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SexualLobster

@cattlebattle said:

@SexualLobster said:

Man open like a tin can, Movie Iron Man wasn't made out of any kind of fictional metal.....just some sort of light weight alloy

Spidey ate an explosion at close range, stopped a whole train with nothing but his webs, supported a giant piece of a wall, supported a whole trolly car (with one hand), took repeated blows from a giant Sandman and other super powered foes...I actually believe he had the better feats, Iron Man had trouble fighting Whiplash both times..So, while his feats against conventional damage is impressive, he still didn't do to outwardly impressive against his super villians, I think Spider-Man has a better track record honestly

What explosion? The green goblin bomb thing? The thing that's power varried from incinerating people to only giving him a nose bleed and scarring Harry's face? I don't want to include intensely inconsistent items. Yea, and you think Ironman wouldn't've been able to? He would've done it faster, and wouldn't have PASSED OUT from it. He took repeated hits from people until his ass got saved by Harry that is. And what wall are you talking about him supporting? Also catching an automobile with that much momentum, from just the front, would probably be much harder than catching a cart by the cable, as of there's only one part for him to hold onto, no balencing required. (and balance of a large object like that shows a strength feat, try doing balance weight training)

Yea, Ironman had trouble fighting whiplash when he didn't have his armor. Also didn't take the 'killshot' because he didn't want to kill him, got snagged by that whip thing, then KO'd him with pretty little effort. The second time only lasted about 15 seconds, war machine and him both were snagged by him and just combined their repulsar ray things and he was dead. (I left out Tony's fight with War Machine, while he was drunk, extremely drunk).

And look, Spiderman is by far my favorite Superhero, but I'm not being biased and 'fan-boy' ish about it.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PrinceIMC

Hmmm I'm thinking Spider-man might have the speed, agility and spider-sense to avoid Iron Man and enough webbing might just be able to gum up Iron Man's armor.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cattlebattle
@SexualLobster said:

@cattlebattle said:

What explosion? The green goblin bomb thing? The thing that's power varried from incinerating people to only giving him a nose bleed and scarring Harry's face? I don't want to include intensely inconsistent items. Yea, and you think Ironman wouldn't've been able to? He would've done it faster, and wouldn't have PASSED OUT from it. He took repeated hits from people until his ass got saved by Harry that is. And what wall are you talking about him supporting? Also catching an automobile with that much momentum, from just the front, would probably be much harder than catching a cart by the cable, as of there's only one part for him to hold onto, no balencing required. (and balance of a large object like that shows a strength feat, try doing balance weight training)

Yea, Ironman had trouble fighting whiplash when he didn't have his armor. Also didn't take the 'killshot' because he didn't want to kill him, got snagged by that whip thing, then KO'd him with pretty little effort. The second time only lasted about 15 seconds, war machine and him both were snagged by him and just combined their repulsar ray things and he was dead. (I left out Tony's fight with War Machine, while he was drunk, extremely drunk).

And look, Spiderman is by far my favorite Superhero, but I'm not being biased and 'fan-boy' ish about it.

Green Goblin had different bombs, as he does in the comics, It was an explosive pumpkin bomb and Peter got knocked around by it...but survived it . So...its not inconsistent...they were just different weapons

The Wall in Spider-Man 2 that almost crushes MJ...If Spider-Man was able to support objects in the tons, I'm sure catching a car would not be out of his league

Iron Man had toruble fighting Whiplash both times...the first time, Whiplash deflected his repuslor blasts and inflicted mass damage on his suit, Tony got smart and tangled his weapons to win, the second time, Tony and Rhodey were getting beaten by him pretty easily.

LOL I actually think that Iron Man gets desperately underplayed on these battle forums, so I actually support him whenever I can...but movie Iron Man, while his characterization is better (RDJ... all damn day!!) His feats and overall super hero aspects are garbage in comparison the instances of durability you mentioned against gunfire and explosions are great, but he was getting slapped around by his villains and his repulsor blasts can rendered ineffective by inexperienced villians , Spidey on the other has done pretty impressive feats in the films and would beat him.
Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Iron Man in the movie, was slower than I thought he'd be. Spidey, was the opposite. So spidey would take this, if not for the fact that he'll can't fly and can only swing. Iron Man wins. Iron Man has more effective projectiles.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SexualLobster

@cattlebattle said:

@SexualLobster said:

@cattlebattle said:

Green Goblin had different bombs, as he does in the comics, It was an explosive pumpkin bomb and Peter got knocked around by it...but survived it . So...its not inconsistent...they were just different weapons The Wall in Spider-Man 2 that almost crushes MJ...If Spider-Man was able to support objects in the tons, I'm sure catching a car would not be out of his league Iron Man had toruble fighting Whiplash both times...the first time, Whiplash deflected his repuslor blasts and inflicted mass damage on his suit, Tony got smart and tangled his weapons to win, the second time, Tony and Rhodey were getting beaten by him pretty easily. LOL I actually think that Iron Man gets desperately underplayed on these battle forums, so I actually support him whenever I can...but movie Iron Man, while his characterization is better (RDJ... all damn day!!) His feats and overall super hero aspects are garbage in comparison the instances of durability you mentioned against gunfire and explosions are great, but he was getting slapped around by his villains and his repulsor blasts can rendered ineffective by inexperienced villians , Spidey on the other has done pretty impressive feats in the films and would beat him.

But, nowhere in the movie(s) did it specify that he was using different bombs, or that he even had different bombs. Or if it did tell me where? Also about his strength feats.. as I rewatch Spiderman 2, I notice he wasn't able to break Octavios' glasses with multiple punches, or even knock him out, but aunt May hit him with an umbrella and did more damage to him than the entire fight with Spidey.. again inconsistent as it gets. And now after watching the whole movie I know what wall you're talking about. Still it wasn't being 100% supported by him. It was still on the ground, he was probably taking most of the weight, but the gravity/star-thingy was also pulling it in.

Even if Ironman did have trouble with Whiplash (which really he didn't have much trouble with either time), Spiderman wouldnt have faired better at all. Doc Ock landed shots, MANY shots on spiderman with his tenticle arm thingies, he'd be dead. Ironman took the damage, took care of it, and was done. Smething I also didn't notice.. that wasn't his regular armor. That was a suitcase that turned into it, far from full power I'm sure.

But to break this down feat wise.

Physical strength- Spiderman. (Kinda pushin' it, but hey)

Durability- Ironman, landslide.

Speed- Ironman.

Firepower- Ironman.

Potential to cause damage- Ironman.

Just.. give a scenario where Spiderman could win?

Fair enough, I just wanted to clarify I'm not trying to be a dick, even though I knwo sometimes I come across as one on these threads :p

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By slimj87d

@SexualLobster:

@nickthedevil:

There's so much wrong in your post not to be disrespectful... Okay honestly, if that was real he would technically be lifting only one cable car. Understand the difference from supporting something at an end and completely supporting something at it's center of gravity.

Example: Holding a Olympic bar from its middle and lifting it up vs lifting it up from its side.

The movie Spider-man held a train going at full speed with it's engine running at MAX power. The speed of the train was at 80 MPH. I don't want to write out all teh equations because it will confuse you but take into account the scan you showed us and think of how something weighs.

F = MA, where A is gravity.

The train accelerated from 55 MPH to 80 MPH in less than a second. if you did the calculation the momentum of the train is much more than one end of a stationary train that you are trying to show us.

He held the train back until the motors on the train blew themselves out and the train came to a stop on its own.

Tell me how your feat of Spider-man holding a train on one of it's ends is equivalent to a whole train and its weight accelerating faster with an engine? He held this train with his hands and grip alone.

Honestly, it probably would have been better if you showed the feat where Spider-man holds up a part of a building. But even that is questionable because of the size of the building and him not directly being under the center of gravity etc. Please don't say you dealt with any shinanigans when you didn't even understand the physics that were going on... Just saying not to be disrespectful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't care how fast and agile Spider-Man is. IM has targeting systems, and it will only take 1 shot to bring Spidey down. @cattlebattle: No, just no. He had difficulty opening a jammed door. There's no way in hell that he could punch through Tony's armor. He was quickly being overpowered by Venom. IM>>>>>>>>Venom.

rednofive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By rednofive

@RainEffect said:

Spiderman from the movies had very little durability. He got knocked out pretty damn easily. I would also say that Iron Man's tech, specifically JARVIS, is intelligent enough to catch onto Peter's movements and predict where he will be next. I'm giving this to Iron Man.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jorgevy

after watching Avengers - and assuming it's current armor for Tony - Iron Man wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Why are you guys saying Iron Man can't catch Spider-Man? That's total bs. Spider-Man couldn't even keep up with his school bus. Iron Man was outrunning F-22 raptor jets.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#42  Edited By RazzaTazz
@notarandomguy: Try to keep this on topic please.  
justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By justleader

Iron Man wins this

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By laflux

Iron Man could loss if he'd try to fight hand to hand, but really if he had any sense he'd just fly really high and pepper the area with projectiles. Which is why I would give him the majority.

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By heymanjack

Ironman wins this. Tanking hits from Tanks, High powered guns, Head on collision with a jet and THOR.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By laflux

@heymanjack said:

Ironman wins this. Tanking hits from Tanks, High powered guns, Head on collision with a jet and THOR.

While I agree Iron-man wins, He was supercharged when fighting Thor and still came up worse off.

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By goodguy24

Ironman wins. Spiderman is weaken to fire and explosives if it hits him. Ironman was tanking missles and all kinds of crazy stuff in Ironman 1.

Ironman has better technology, hes faster, smarter and far more durable then Spiderman. I havent seen Spiderman in the movies get hit with anything as powerful as a missle, but Ironman has tanked one with very little damage.

Ironman 8/10

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By laflux

@goodguy24 said:

Spiderman is weaken to fire and explosives if it hits him.

Iron man wins but in spider-man 1 peter took a grenade to the face without much to much trouble

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By goodguy24

@laflux said:

@goodguy24 said:

Spiderman is weaken to fire and explosives if it hits him.

Iron man wins but in spider-man 1 peter took a grenade to the face without much to much trouble

I would still have to say the missle is more powerful then the grenade blast, but the explosions in a grenade blast and a missle blast might be similar, but Ironmans still faster, stronger, more durable and has far higher tech like I said...

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RingSlinger

@notarandomguy said:

The fight never happens, stark sees a hot girl passing by and .... so spidey left to a date with MJ (running late as always), u mad? *le troll face*

cancer.