• 105 results
106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By 106me

@skinnyatlas: I agree. I think AvX was underrated in general. I'll post the scans of that fight when I get home.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

jwrose5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jwrose5
No Caption Provided

Ends of the Earth, and it was Spidey, Silver Sable and Black Widow against each member of the Sinister Six and the Avengers! He armoured up and wasn't playing around. Even took down SHIELD and HYDRA trained Spiderwoman

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By silent_bomber

Some of the battles which I thought were memorable

Spider-Man Vs Sin Eater (Death of Jean Dewolff Trade)

Spider-Man beats the crap out of the Sin-Eater so bad that Daredevil has to step in to try to stop him from killing him, Spider-Man lashes out and punches Daredevil out a window, next time Sin-eater is seen he has to use a walking stick LOL

Spider-Man Vs Kingpin (Return of the Burglar Trade)

Kingpin's wife tells him he has to give up crime or she's leaving him, she wants an answer by midnight, what does Kingpin do? orders his men to find Spider-Man and bring him to him as fast as possible, he has to kill him before midnight!

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man Vs Hobgoblin (Origin of the Hobgoblin Trade)

The two are injured in a huge explosion, Spider-Man's Spider-Sense has been nullified, Hobgoblin limps his way to Norman's old Battle-Van to escape, Spider-Man grabs it, manages to punch through the windshield and the two continue their battle

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man Vs Venom (ASM 347)

The fight in the original appearance was cool, but the one set on the island in ASM 347 was also great

Venom knocks-out Spider-Man and takes him to a deserted island to hunt him at his leisure, Pete is outmatched but doesn't give up.

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man Vs Scorpion (ASM Annual 18)

Jonah is getting Married, is this happy day going to go through without any hitches? not if Scorpion can help it.

Spider-Man Vs Hulk

Hulk is paid to take out Spider-Man, unfortunately he doesn't know Pete has recently been amped by the power of Captain Universe

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man Vs Human Torch (ASM 8)

Spider-Man randomly decides to be a douchebag and try to embarrass Human Torch in front of his girlfriend. LOL

No Caption Provided

It doesn't go down too well

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Peter vs everyone in amazing spider-man 500 should have been here. All though I do love all those choices.

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I like the choice of the Kingpin fight on here. It was very good and very dark and really showed what the ole web-head is capable of. It was a really bad time in Pete's life and he doesn't hesitate to do what he thinks is necessary. He completely obliterates the Kingpin leaving him in shambles and letting him know who the REAL KING of New York is.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juggernaut vs spider man battle was plot induce stupidity. spider man shouldn't stand a chance at all. that's my opinion. no matter what spider-man do, he shouldn't be able to stop juggernaut. when comparing spider-man and juggernaut together, lol its like comparing an elephant to a chicken. fire lord too the same. spider-man shouldn't stand a chance to defeat him. a fire-lord for that matter. spider man should have got burnt when fighting fire-lord. for crying out loud fire lord is an herald of galactus. he is an 100 toner. he fights characters that are planetary level. this battles that i have mention are PIS. I agree with the rest of the battle.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man Vs Morlun. C'mon every smackdown Peter had with that guy was brutal as hell:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yes, this. I don't think any other fight has tested Parker's physical and mental resilience quite like this.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By 106me

If I had to draw from more recent years, I'd go with AvX #9. It's brutal watching him get smacked around by two fractioned Phoenix forces (alliteration FTW), but giving his motive and how he eventually gets the fight resolved, to me, is a more recent classic Spider-man battle. For him, this wasn't a fight about him winning, but making sure others survived. He holds that issue down (he!! he's on the cover) and it became my favorite from that event.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even if your not a Spider-Man fan, it's hard not to root for him here.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By mickey-mouse

@k4tzm4n said:

@wolverine08: lol.

@lukehero said:

I'm sorry, how did you put Spiderman vs FireLord and Spiderman vs Jugggernaut(Too ridiculous fights). Yet you missed out on Spiderman vs Morlun? Spiderman vs Wolverine? Tskk Tssk.

Did you actually read the article or just look at the selections? ;)

"There's a ridiculous amount to choose from, but we're going to highlight what we think are some of his most iconic and memorable victories"

And this line as well :D

Seeing as there's so many great fights with him, we obviously won't have all of your favorites on display, so don't forget to chime in with your selection of "Spider-Man's Best Battles."

Yes, I did. But, I'll keep this line in mind.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By 14NC3

No morlun? -_-

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I often say I don't like classic comics because of the art, but the Spider-Man comics look good. Might have to start buying classic spidey comics.

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By kcjr

Yes, it was the highlight of A vs. X for me.

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Oh come on how can you have the best spidey fights list and not put his epic encountrr with Morlun...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

How in the world is Spider-Man vs Firelord on this list.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_
space4rentt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had to draw from more recent years, I'd go with AvX #9. It's brutal watching him get smacked around by two fractioned Phoenix forces (alliteration FTW), but giving his motive and how he eventually gets the fight resolved, to me, is a more recent classic Spider-man battle. For him, this wasn't a fight about him winning, but making sure others survived. He holds that issue down (he!! he's on the cover) and it became my favorite from that event.

This! That issue was fantastic. Definitely the best out of AvX.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite, Spider-Man vs. The X-Men (SECRET WARS #3)

No Caption Provided

Lol. Best one there is.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#71 owie  Moderator

@silent_bomber: I was thinking about Sin Eater too. That was serious. And several of his Hobgoblin fights were great.

His early battles with Tombstone were also good.

Actually, his fight with Daredevil around that time, even though he lost, was really good. I think I'm thinking of Amazing 287.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no ultimate fights?? O.o

clayscarface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Juggernaut fight made me think of what Spidey did with Colossus and Magik in AvX how he just stood in their way for as long as he could despite taking a crazy beating from them. It's the kind of guy he is.

substance104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fight with Venom in ASM 375 is my absolute favorite. Where they finally come to terms. Spidey's been in a lot of fights over the years but this one is the best! I literally had to catch my breath for a few minutes, spider-man packs venom punch for punch till the end!

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like his fight with juggernaut the most. In the issue he even references how scary juggernaut is and that he is not a man to joke around with. Spiderman was scared to death, but even when he's scared he realizes that he has to stand up to him and find a way to take him down. That's why I love this issue. He knows he could die and that he's severely outclassed but he stands up to him anyways.

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man is scarier than Batman. Especially if he's pissed off!

TheDudeMcDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TheDudeMcDude

Pretty good list. You got most of the fights I thought of and my personal favourite, Spider-Man vs The Juggernaut. I also would have put "Spider-Man #17 - No One Gets Outta Here Alive!" where Spidey fights Thanos, I think it was tied into The Infinity Gauntlet, at the time. Spidey dies when trying to save a little girl and just when he goes to limbo and meets Thanos, he is told that he did not successfully save the girl and the following fight is for Spidey to save the girls soul.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By silent_bomber

Not a huge fan of the story itself, but the fight in Torment got pretty nasty (this is only a small section of it)

Spider-Man Vs Lizard (Torment)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There's a pretty good Lizard fight in Shed as well

--------------------------------------------

Some of the fights during during DeMatteis' Spectacular run were pretty cool too

Spider-Man Vs Green Goblin (Harry)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stormmagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Stormmagician

Other than the obvious Spider-man vs Sathra was a good one. Unfortunately I can't post it since I don't have it.

misterbate316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By misterbate316
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

spidey kills supes any day all day.

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man webbing up Nightcrawler never made sense to me. Why couldn't he just teleport out of the webs right away?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#83  Edited By Strider1992

@silent_bomber said:

As a Kingpin fan I'd have to say that Kingpin fight is the worst fight the character has ever had during the history of Spider-Man.

To be fair Peter also one-shotted him in family buisness aswell. I think thats worse lol.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the Juggernaut fight the most.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the Juggernaut fight the most.

Spider Nut Hugger.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@silent_bomber: We may not agree on Kingpin vs. Spider-Man, but I applaud the fact you're highlighting your faves with such detail. Bravo, dude.

@the_vein said:

Spider-Man webbing up Nightcrawler never made sense to me. Why couldn't he just teleport out of the webs right away?

He should be able to, but I think the implication is Kurt was shocked that Spider-Man reacted to him so quickly (as implied in his captions).

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Not including at least one of his fights with Morlun is a crime against everything. Every confrontation between them has been beyond brutal and amazingly entertaing to watch and read about.

Also his fight with X-Men and Firelord are nothing that good and for me are just not good enough to be here.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber said:

As a Kingpin fan I'd have to say that Kingpin fight is the worst fight the character has ever had during the history of Spider-Man.

To be fair Peter also one-shotted him in family business as well. I think that's worse lol.

Kingpin was playing possum, he got up immediately afterwards and pulled a gun on Pete.

Kingpin also got two punches on Pete

Kingpin also did not look and act like a Gorilla during the story, he was smart.

@tdk_1997 said:

Not including at least one of his fights with Morlun is a crime against everything.

Also his fight with X-Men and Firelord are nothing that good and for me are just not good enough to be here.

The Morlun fight is a cheap Knock-off of the Firelord fight, and by extension the Juggernaut fight.

why bother mentioning the cheap knock-off when you can list the originals?

Also, the Morlun fight isn't really much less outlandish than either of those battles anyway, Ezekiel states in Coming Home that his Adamantium Shelter cannot stop Morlun, Pete compares Morlun's punches to those of the Hulk, and Thor, and in later issues Morlun has ripped apart Adamantium and tanked a volley of Vibranium-tipped nukes from the Wakandan military.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@silent_bomber: I don't agree with the fact that the Morlun fight is a cheap knock-off. It may have some similarities but there ain't much resemblence between the two. I mean if it was a knock-off it has some way better looking visuals and a better character a.k.a villain that Spidey is set against.

sonofsue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By sonofsue
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

How could this not be included? Here, he took on 2/5 of the Phoenix Five, and just recently happened in 2012. this is probably his greatest feat ever.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juggernaut vs spider man battle was plot induce stupidity. spider man shouldn't stand a chance at all. that's my opinion. no matter what spider-man do, he shouldn't be able to stop juggernaut. when comparing spider-man and juggernaut together, lol its like comparing an elephant to a chicken. fire lord too the same. spider-man shouldn't stand a chance to defeat him. a fire-lord for that matter. spider man should have got burnt when fighting fire-lord. for crying out loud fire lord is an herald of galactus. he is an 100 toner. he fights characters that are planetary level. this battles that i have mention are PIS. I agree with the rest of the battle.

Have you read Spider-man vs the Juggernaut? It's a great David vs Goliath story that shows Spider-man can't beat him but he got lucky and out smarted him.

Firelord issue is a bit the same but not done anywhere near as well…that I can see arguing against..it's a fun issue if you don't take it too seriously..a man fighting against all odds…but really it needs some sort of explanation that isn't there..

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Keep in mind that the Heralds didn't become really powerful until a little later. (And Firelord was always near the bottom of the list, even when the list wasn't very long.)

If it ever gets revisited, it'll probably be retconned into Spider-Man getting some help,

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Bones309

@tyger said:

@teerack said:

Keep in mind that the Heralds didn't become really powerful until a little later. (And Firelord was always near the bottom of the list, even when the list wasn't very long.)

If it ever gets revisited, it'll probably be retconned into Spider-Man getting some help,

I've had two ideas to explain his win…one is that Spider-man's radioactive blood acts like a low level kryptonite to him. Pretty much being around Spider-man weakens him a bit. The other is that his spider sense, a power that he hasn't really mastered can lead him to weak spots. We've kinda seen this before with it being used as radar. Spidey fights better when he just follows his spider sense. That's pretty much how he won in the end..just as the human body has weak spots like the throat and the temple…Peter's spider sense could have instinctively lead him to hit Firelord in similar weak spots.

These are just ideas as to how to make it seem less unbelievable...

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: I had actually thought along the lines of Spider-Sense as well, which has been portrayed in animated and game format as a LOT more powerful for Madame Web (like cosmically so) combined with Spider-Man taking his staff ramped him up briefly to her levels.

... but I think I actually like 'Reed Richards drained Firelord the way Doom did Surfer long enough to settle things without trashing half the city or more.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By silent_bomber

The fight in Hooky was pretty memorable.

Spider-Man has to protect a girl wizard from a monster, every time the monster is defeated it evolves into something worse.

Its an odd story, kind of like Spider-Man crossed with Harry Potter-level twee fantasy

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided