• 150 results
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jashro44

@cadencev2: @cable_extreme: Ottos gear is impressive however the most recent version of Peter had his own gear which can balance things out. The Octo bots are Ottos most useful tech however there are a few issues with this:

1. Otto has to summon them to his aid. So it can take them time to show up
  2. Peters magnetic webbing was designed to block radio signals. So Peter can use his magnetic signal to block Ottos connection to his spider bots.

So the Octo bots probably wont be making it to the fight.

Next issue is the claws...When Otto stabs people with them he also injects them with nano spider tracers which he can make explode as well. All though these are designed to be non lethal. The claws are probably the major problem here. However with Peters way of the spider and better spider-sense he does have his own advantage. Peters spider-sense before he died was guiding his movements and actually telling him where to strike as it was working in harmony with his way of the spider. Not only this Peter also can strike at pressure points. So all though Otto does have suepioer damage out put Peter still has better skill and will probably be landing more hits in. Not to mention he will be striking at pressure points so his hits will be pretty effective too. And he has precision due to his better spider-sense.

Next up is the carboanridium head plating. This gives Otto a very very slight edge in durability. Not much else to say however this works both ways. It also means Peter has a better shot in tagging Otto with his magnetic webbing. And Peter himself all ready has better accuracy feats then Otto (granted Otto is more creative in the use of his webbing) so Otto could get webbed up.

The final advantage Otto has (tech wise) are his new spider legs. This will give him better reach in melee combat. All though I do believe its something Peter can work around it. It wont be easy though.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: @cable_extreme: Ottos gear is impressive however the most recent version of Peter had his own gear which can balance things out. The Octo bots are Ottos most useful tech however there are a few issues with this:

1. Otto has to summon them to his aid. So it can take them time to show up
  2. Peters magnetic webbing was designed to block radio signals. So Peter can use his magnetic signal to block Ottos connection to his spider bots.

So the Octo bots probably wont be making it to the fight.

Next issue is the claws...When Otto stabs people with them he also injects them with nano spider tracers which he can make explode as well. All though these are designed to be non lethal. The claws are probably the major problem here. However with Peters way of the spider and better spider-sense he does have his own advantage. Peters spider-sense before he died was guiding his movements and actually telling him where to strike as it was working in harmony with his way of the spider. Not only this Peter also can strike at pressure points. So all though Otto does have suepioer damage out put Peter still has better skill and will probably be landing more hits in. Not to mention he will be striking at pressure points so his hits will be pretty effective too. And he has precision due to his better spider-sense.

Next up is the carboanridium head plating. This gives Otto a very very slight edge in durability. Not much else to say however this works both ways. It also means Peter has a better shot in tagging Otto with his magnetic webbing. And Peter himself all ready has better accuracy feats then Otto (granted Otto is more creative in the use of his webbing) so Otto could get webbed up.

The final advantage Otto has (tech wise) are his new spider legs. This will give him better reach in melee combat. All though I do believe its something Peter can work around it. It wont be easy though.

The magnetic webbing is handy to have, though would Peter know he was calling them? The melee aspect of the battle is interesting. IF Otto cuts Spiderman, he not only cuts him, but blows up tiny nano spiders inside Peter. That sounds nasty, where as Peter can use pressure points against Otto. Do you think the pressure point damage would be more effective than Ottos claws? I am leaning towards cutting damage is greater than nerve strikes, due to the fact of bleeding and further damage due to the nano spiders.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: When Otto calls the octo bots he has to press the spider emblem on his costume and it lights up yellow IIRC. Not to mention he has to say a code word so that right there is a dead give away he is calling something in. So Peter would probably realize and block the signal.

Otto does indeed have better damage output. All though keep in mind Peters suepioer skill and spider-sense means he is landing and avoiding more hits.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme: When Otto calls the octo bots he has to press the spider emblem on his costume and it lights up yellow IIRC. Not to mention he has to say a code word so that right there is a dead give away he is calling something in. So Peter would probably realize and block the signal.

Otto does indeed have better damage output. All though keep in mind Peters suepioer skill and spider-sense means he is landing and avoiding more hits.

Okay, so the aid of Bots is going to be ineffective in this fight, and since Otto lacks the feats in spidey sense, he has a weaker version. But a version non the less. And skill difference would help a lot, though if Otto gets Spiderman with his claws, it could make him fight defensively more, and not to mention that Otto will be more ruthless in this fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44 said:

Okay, so the aid of Bots is going to be ineffective in this fight, and since Otto lacks the feats in spidey sense, he has a weaker version. But a version non the less. And skill difference would help a lot, though if Otto gets Spiderman with his claws, it could make him fight defensively more, and not to mention that Otto will be more ruthless in this fight.

Pretty much. For the record it is a really close fight.

Dthm33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I'd love to give it to Parker I'd have to say superior takes it. Given that there both spider-men canceling out their spider senses that won't fire off on each other, Parker's only advantage being that he is no contest the better fighter. Ock has way better gear and tech on his side and is ruthless and will pretty much take any killing strike he can something Parker just won't do and in this fight its that hesitation and restraint that will loose it for him.

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter may have more experience, but Otto has the gear for the challenge. In this kind of fight where Otto has Peter's memories added to his natural intelligence vs Peter with all he's got. Well, The odds are stocked on Otto's favor.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter's own standard gear before ASM 700 was pretty decent as well: Cryo-pellets, Acid webbing, Magnetic Webbing, things that Otto has not used.

He also has his way of the Spider training...which Otto does not have. Way of the Spider is ideal for fighting someone with Spider-Powers.

On top of that is the fact that The Spider-Sense will be neutralized in this battle (Peter's Clones never set off his Spider-sense). Peter will know that and be prepared for it, Otto won't. Peter has learned how to compensate for the lack of his Spider-Sense, Otto has not.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter's own standard gear before ASM 700 was pretty decent as well: Cryo-pellets, Acid webbing, Magnetic Webbing, things that Otto has not used.

He also has his way of the Spider training...which Otto does not have. Way of the Spider is ideal for fighting someone with Spider-Powers.

On top of that is the fact that The Spider-Sense will be neutralized in this battle (Peter's Clones never set off his Spider-sense). Peter will know that and be prepared for it, Otto won't. Peter has learned how to compensate for the lack of his Spider-Sense, Otto has not.

Also even if we are assuming they both have spider-sense Peters spider-sense would be better due to way of the spider.

No Caption Provided

It works with his way of the spider.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@jashro44: @shawnbaby:

I had assumed that since the thread was made when Otto had Peter's memories, he would still have them for this fight. How useful they'll be is debatable, but technically he still has WotS training.

Not really. He only has the memories he accessed. This was even touched up on in the most recent issue.

If you are saying he can access Peters way of the spider then sure but he would have to know that Peter received training in order to access them.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: Yea this thread was made before then. I suppose you can say he has access to them. I guess if Peter does mention his way of the spider he could access it.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@jashro44 said:

@mitran: Yea this thread was made before then. I suppose you can say he has access to them. I guess if Peter does mention his way of the spider he could access it.

Even if he accesses it, doesn't mean he'll be able to put it into as effective practice as Peter can. It's like studying a martial art from a book.

I give the edge to Peter, I think the spider-sense would be negated here, but Peter knows how to fight without it. While Ock would win the prep battle, Peter carries better standard gear. It is probably safe to assume that since Ock is in Peter's body, and Peter knew way of the spider, he might assume Ock might pull something off. Not saying he can read SpOck's mind, but if he throws something significant it would be a tip off.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Shawnbaby

@mitran: That's a good point. Otto never really used The Way of The Spider Training even when he had Parkers Memories though. I always kind of attributed that to fighting skill utilizing more than just memory.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@shawnbaby: Yeah, I really don't think it would be that useful, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Yeah. It seemed he always had to stop for a moment whenever he had to figure out how Parker would handle something. He had to extrapolate a response based on Peter's memories (and his own interactions with Spider-Man). I don't think that would work very well when it comes to using Peter's active skill.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Ik this is random, is Peter alive again? Does anyone have scans of his martial arts skill? Or pressure point attacks? I've seen it quoted a few times but it don't know if he's actually done it..

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Otto Octavious is the better and more efficient Spider-Man..but I don't know who would win in a fight between those too...I'll say Otto...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I really want to say Peter but Otto's more lethal fighting style coupled with his more advanced gear could lead to to SpOck gaining an edg. However, Peter has the experience and the Way of the Spider where it counts so that levels the playing field out.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MonsterStomp

I want to say Peter. So I will say Peter. Peter.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Wolverine008

Toss up.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Bump. Ik this is random, is Peter alive again? Does anyone have scans of his martial arts skill? Or pressure point attacks? I've seen it quoted a few times but it don't know if he's actually done it..

Aside from these scans quoted here

@jashro44 said:

Peter has also kept up with and tagged Shang Chi without his spider sense though he doesn't have the level of feats to be a real top tier martial artist

No Caption Provided

He also kept up with Madame Web who has spider based physical powers of her own and can see the future. Again he doesn't have his spider sense here yet he's able to dodge and block many of her attacks in this scan as well as land blows on her.

No Caption Provided

Finally he does defeat a mind controlled Spider-Woman who has beaten him in the past with her previously superior fighting skills. However, she was mind controlled by Otto Octavious in that fight so she probably wasn't using her full skill like she would in character. And Silver Sable notes that Captain America was holding back in their fight to allow her to beat him when in character, he would clean her clock. Still, it's a decent feat if nothing else

No Caption Provided

Hope these feats are helpful in determining who you think wins.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc ock has the edge in gear resources and as a better overall crime fighter if standard equip means SpOck can call in his spider bots this give him an ede but Spidy has his WOS that even things out. honestly this would be an epic fight

This is evenly match this comes down to resources. if SpOck has his spiderbots and minions he stomps without his gear Peter stomps

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness
Knightsofdarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Peter is much more experienced.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

peter coz of #30

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MonsterStomp

Peter should win now.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter won by being the better man. Otto got his body by being the better fighter. Superior was best at reading predictable patterns of behavior. And that has been hard countered by Green Goblin. Peter has a more reactive fly by wire style that gives both obsessives like Otto and chaos bringers like Norman so many problems.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord said:

Peter won by being the better man. Otto got his body by being the better fighter. Superior was best at reading predictable patterns of behavior. And that has been hard countered by Green Goblin. Peter has a more reactive fly by wire style that gives both obsessives like Otto and chaos bringers like Norman so many problems.

The only reason Otto got Peters body was because kingpin was messing with Peters spider-sense which forced Peter to ignore his spider-sense at the exact moment Otto decided to pull the body switch.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

parker, more feats, more skill.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Due to the exact reasons pointed out in Superior Spider-Man 30 I'm gonna give it to Peter. Because even though Doctor Octopus is a genius his execution style is generally a case of "wait to see what my opponent does before I smash them" and unfortunately on just about every occasion that gives Peter time to analyse and even when he's not given that time he acts often before Doc Ock can respond.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By senglord
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Superior

D3MON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:
@strider92 said:

Honestly Superior should win. He has all of Peter's experience, skill, powers and intelligence but in combination with his own intelligence, improved standard gear and laxed morals. This is basically an anything you can do I can do just as well or better scenario. Head says Superior, heart says Amazing.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The winner seems clear. Peters superior experience, skill and use of spider sense are better and more practical advantages than Ottos gear.

joshmeyers67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I believe that Peter would win this fight, it wouldn't be easy, but I think that he would come out on top. If they were both blood lusting and ready to kill each other, it would be an interesting fight. SpOck maybe brutal already and has no problem going all out, but if Peter had his morals off and went all out as well, then he'd kill SpOck in the end. Plus he know W.O.S. and SpOck no longer has Peters memories (at least not in his head, he can access them)

joshmeyers67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even if SpOck accessed Peters memories, Peter would still come out on top, SpOck wouldn't be as good as Peter in terms of fighting even with W.O.S. Although I do have to admit SpOck has better technology than Peter, but Peter isn't a fool. Though SpOck is in Peters body, we're still dealing with Doc Ock on the inside. Pete knows him extremely well and his beaten him numerous of times throughout the years, and although he is in Pete's body, ASM would still win in the end.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By jashro44

BEHOLD!!!!!

Linestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im pretty sure spidy STILL has better reflexes and spidy sence. Ock has his memories, yes, but not spidys experience. Spidy has been using and mastering his spidy sense for YEARS and he has more time to adjust to his hightened abilities and senses. Ock HAS shown to be less responsive to his spidy sense and even slower than pete in some scenarios. Plus pete is definately going to be blood-lusted, just look at how Ock has ruined many aspects of his life, and spidy bloodlusted is SCARY. I say Peter 8/10.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I know you posted that a while ago, but it proves absolutely nothing considering the obvious context.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I know you posted that a while ago, but it proves absolutely nothing considering the obvious context.

I was just posting the scans.

@linestar said:

Im pretty sure spidy STILL has better reflexes and spidy sence. Ock has his memories, yes, but not spidys experience. Spidy has been using and mastering his spidy sense for YEARS and he has more time to adjust to his hightened abilities and senses. Ock HAS shown to be less responsive to his spidy sense and even slower than pete in some scenarios. Plus pete is definately going to be blood-lusted, just look at how Ock has ruined many aspects of his life, and spidy bloodlusted is SCARY. I say Peter 8/10.

I don't think Peter would automatically be bloodlusted against Otto.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Peter outsmarted Ock due to Ock's arrogance. Pretty much what one would expect. Couple that with being more in tune with spider-sense and being more skilled, it isn't overly surprising.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahaha ha ^^^^^ everyone who said Spock and doubted Pete let me just say again hahahahahahaha

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter outsmarted Ock due to Ock's arrogance. Pretty much what one would expect. Couple that with being more in tune with spider-sense and being more skilled, it isn't overly surprising.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@granitesoldier said:

To be fair SpOck wasn't willing to kill Peter because he thought he was his past self. I guess you can still say Peter outsmarted Otto but not sure if its a legit win.

With that said what we do see is Peter dodging Ottos attacks. So this more or less confirms what we've been saying about Peter being more skilled and intune with his spider-sense. Peter was able to web up SpOcks spider-legs as well so Peter seems more accurate as well (something else I think is established through feats). So I do think this showing provides evidence Peter would win. I don't think it is evidence by itself that Peter would win though.