Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes
VS.
VS.
No Caption Provided

The fastest thing alive from Sega, Sonic the Hedgehog up against the elite maverick hunter from Capcom, Megaman X. Battle is to K.O. or death and only basic powers are allowed. Who would win and why? You can choose a team battle instead. (Sonic and Shadow vs. X and Zero)

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Sonic wins or stalemate since only basic powers are allowed. Sonic hasn't faced a bot as advanced as X and so I'm not sure if he could destroy him outright, but basic X is to slow to even hit Sonic.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By soduh2

@onilordasmodeus said:

Sonic wins or stalemate since only basic powers are allowed. Sonic hasn't faced a bot as advanced as X and so I'm not sure if he could destroy him outright, but basic X is to slow to even hit Sonic.

This is a good match up. Though pretty vague.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By nefarious

My boy Sonic wins. 

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

Anyone else?

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By goodguy24

Sonic The Hedgehig wins.

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gold_Kitsune

I WANNNT to say Mega Man X but with only base powers allowed Mega Man X would be hard pressed to hit sonic.

X is certainly more advanced and intelligent than anything Eggman has ever created, but I do not believe he could target sonic and hit him fast enough.

If they fought 100 times Id say sonic would win at least 80 of the battles. If X can land that first shot he has a chance.

Now if every power ever was aloud, then X has had some pretty OP stuff XD and might win.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

i said basic powers only because if i let X use his best form, i would have to let sonic use the chaos emeralds to become super sonic and that would make it way too easy for him.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

@Gold_Kitsune: dont x and zero have the power to stop time?

Caionsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Caionsouza

Sonic

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SilverGalford

sonic stomps

CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CountofMC

Basic X can still charge his buster shot, dash(after the first game) and hop up walls. He may not be as fast but he's still very maneuverable. Considering he has a ranged attack I don't see him having any problem taking basic sonic. Also some of X's opponents were just as fast as sonic.

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gold_Kitsune

@CountofMC:

He's fought mavericks who use speed as a primary weapon, true. But which of them are as fast as Sonic?

@UltimateHero0406:

Time stopping, Intangibility, rapid, super healing, Homing missile all sorts of crazy stuff.

I just thought of something. If X teles into the bottom of a lake, he cant lose XD X can hold his breath forever whilst sonic can't swim.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gold_Kitsune: yea but sonic can still get to him. he can move almost freely underwater since colors (boost, stomp, slide, etc.)

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Acrosurge

Mega Man X stomps Sonic every day except Chaos Emerald Thursday. C'mon folks, the original Mega Man has the reflexes and agility to keep up with Sonic, having fought faster speedsters like Quick Man, Slash Man, and Pluto (and Mega Man has huge strength, durability, and firepower advantages over Sonic). X is much more advanced than Mega Man, in many respects, over 10x so according to his specs. X's enemies are faster and many of the speedsters in his boss gallery can teleport-blitz (Kuwanger, Centipede, Sigma, etc.). According to MvC3, Zero (X's slower peer) can move and react at velocities around Mach 2 (likely with his Dash Accelerator). This fits nicely with Zero's battles against supersonic enemies such as Harpuia, Lunaedge, and Feram. X is stated to be faster than Zero and more agile. There's no way he's getting speed blitzed by the Blue Blur.

X's projectiles are powerful and huge. The original Mega Man was able to bust boulders with uncharged shots and punch holes in steel plate. X's are 17 times more powerful. There's no way Sonic will evade them all. X's durability is also way out of Sonic's league. Without special armor, X is protected by a flexible, "Titanium X" alloy and a skeletal system that neutralizes 93% of incoming ballistic and directed energy impacts. X has tanked a multi-kiloton nuclear detonation at ground zero without a scratch (MMX2). And please, no instant-spike death arguments. Unless Sonic's spines are sharpened at the molecular level he isn't insta-killing X.

Another thing to consider is that by Command Mission, X has been battling powerful war machines for over a century. That's a lot of battle experience, far more than Sonic has acquired. This gives X a huge advantage in strategy and battle prowess.

IMO, Mega Man could draw with Sonic or beat him. X walks all over the Hedgehog. Totally different league.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Hyperlight

@Acrosurge: dang i didnt know all that. thanks for the info. I think Sonic tops out at mach 2 without outside sources.

I was originally going with sonic.... but if all you said what true then X should win. where did you get the info about zero?

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why has nobody said anything about a team battle?

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hyperlight: sonics top speed is unknown. mach 2 is probably the highest hes tried in a battle

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Acrosurge

Actually I was also under the impression that Sonic's top speed was a little over mach 3 (this is the most recent top speed that he was actually shown to reach in Sonic Unleashed, but this speed included upgrades). Is there a source that states that his top normal running speed is faster? As far as hard stats are concerned, without any level-ups or upgrades, it would appear that Sonic's top boosting speed is more between 600-1,000 mph, basically between Mach 1 and 2.

Oh, and the specific information regarding Zero's speed statistics is from the Power Levels cards included with the bios for Marvel vs Capcom 3, which gave a ballpark top speed for Zero between Mach 2 and Orbital Velocity. I chose the absolute lowest estimate to give Sonic every advantage. I wouldn't put much stock in them otherwise, except that it corresponds to battles with enemies from the actual Mega Man universe.

As for team battles, X and Zero would still take the win from Sonic and Shadow. Despite simply overpowering them, X and Zero have much more experience fighting as a team than do Sonic and Shadow (who often don't get along so well). If Shadow is allowed Chaos control it might make things a bit interesting, but time-stopping techniques are something X and Zero have already overcome, and Shadow's blast attacks are nothing special compared to what X and Zero have been through in their centuries of fighting.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By soduh2

Game play, Sonic supposedly approached lightspeed in his base form on Sonic Colors for the DS. After Omega let him know about how fast he was going Sonic bragged that light speed "is too slow". That's not including moves like the lightspeed attack (though that move requires assistance).

EDIT: Granted, game Sonic needs to build up speed in order to move faster than the Hypersonic barrier.

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Acrosurge

@soduh2 said:

Game play, Sonic supposedly approached lightspeed in his base form on Sonic Colors for the DS. After Omega let him know about how fast he was going Sonic bragged that light speed "is too slow".

When was that quote again? I was looking for it, but can't seem to find it. You bump into Omega during the Asteroid Coaster missions, but I don't think Omega tells Sonic that he's approaching lightspeed at that time. Perhaps it happens somewhere else?

The wisps in Sonic Colors added quite a bit of upgrades to Sonic's powers, including the ability to travel in light (laser) form, but they're the ones who held that power, not Sonic. I'm not familiar with any other official material that states that Sonic can reach lightspeed on his own. The Lightspeed Attack was the result of an upgrade and required quite a bit of charge time standing still then limited Sonic's speed before he used the move. The Lightspeed Dash required a trail of rings. Both were stylish, but rather limited in their versatility.

In any case, none of this really alters Sonic's odds against X, IMO. X has too many advantages for the Blue Blur to overcome.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Acrosurge: has X ever moved THIS fast?

no offense to any Jewish people...

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jeanroygrant

Sonic

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Acrosurge

@UltimateHero0406:

No. Neither is X a Neo Nazi. :)

X. Having proven his reflexes against speedsters with a good deal more power than Sonic, I'm not really seeing a way for Sonic to stalemate X with speed, let alone actually beat him. Thus far, the official statistics for Sonic place his running speed (without outside help) between Mach 1 to a little over Mach 3, and even then it takes him time to accelerate to Mach 3.

Speed isn't enough. He's got nothing to overcome X's durability, reflexes, agility, physical strength, and firepower. Sonic is cool. But he's not the one with limitless potential here.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Acrosurge: agreed. if only eggman could make something of xs calibur. what do you think about team battle?

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Acrosurge

If Eggman could make something of X's caliber that would make him Dr. Wily. But Eggman isn't Wily and must instead rely on mystic artifacts and stolen technology to compete.

As I posted it earlier, Shadow and Sonic have no way to effectively fight X and Zero. Zero is a bit less mobile than X, but not by much. Shadow's Chaos Control powers are nothing special for the Maverick Hunters. X and Zero have fought many foes who use giant, exotic, energy blasts and time manipulation abilities. The Hunters are on a different level above Sonic and Shadow and as I said earlier, X and Zero have decades worth of experience fighting as a team. They're one of the best fighting duos out there, in fact, with their skill sets complimenting each other near perfectly. Sonic and Shadow... well, they often don't get along very well. Sonic and Shadow vs Mega Man and Bass would be more interesting.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sonic defeated perfect chaos(a city buster) without being super sonic.

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Acrosurge

^This is pretty standard fare for both X and Zero, though. And we really have no information on Chaos's actual durability. It doesn't really have feats. X and Zero, on the other hand, have both survived nuclear detonations at ground zero in their base forms. Heck, humans given X's DNA were then able to withstand a megaton nuclear explosion.

As for Perfect Chaos laying waste to a city, even Bass and the Robot Masters have done this on their own, practically at the beginning of every Mega Man story (specifically, 1, 5, IV, 7, and 10).

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^sure it does, perfect chaos transformed and destroyed a whole city

Eggman's weapons can't harm it, considering that eggman had a nuke

The only time I remember X and zero surviving nukes,was X5 and that depended on which scenario was picked during a playthrough(although it's has been ages since I played that game.)

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Acrosurge

@Death Certificate: @Death Certificate: @Death Certificate said:

^sure it does, perfect chaos transformed and destroyed a whole city

Eggman's weapons can't harm it, considering that eggman had a nuke

The only time I remember X and zero surviving nukes,was X5 and that depended on which scenario was picked during a playthrough(although it's has been ages since I played that game.)

Some things to clean up here. The power of Eggman's weapons are in question, since the Egg Carrier's primary beam, while large, failed to destroy the Tornado, Tail's biplane. In addition, Eggman had no nuclear weapons in Sonic Adventure, nor has Chaos ever been struck by one. The Egg Carrier 2 never even got the chance to fire on him. Chaos's durability remains in question, especially since (according to Sonic Generations), Sonic was able to defeat him without his Super Form by striking him in his weak spot.

There were no nuclear warheads in X5. Zero survived the destruction of the enormous lunar colony Eurasia and the fall back to Earth in part of an old space shuttle, but that's it. Not a bad durability feat, but not a nuclear one.

X survived a nuke in X2 when Overdrive Ostrich fired it toward a Hunter Base. X leaped onto the missile and not only detonated it in midair, but survived the explosion and drop to the desert hundreds if not thousands of feet down. Zero survived the detonation of an enormous nuclear missile with Omega as its warhead in Mega Man Zero 3. Vent and Aile, both humans, were able to survive Protectus's nuclear missile with the help of X's DNA. Sonic has nothing near that kind of durability, and as stated earlier, his speed won't provide the necessary defense, since X can move and react fast enough to counter him. Then you have X's physical strength and firepower and the size of his Buster blasts (the charged variety are huge). Its just too much for Sonic.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Acrosurge: i think you underestimated sonic and shadows durability. both of them are able to survive reentry into the earths atmosphere without taking any visible injuries. the very fact that they can move as fast as they do means their bodies must be very dense to avoid getting killed by air friction as they accelerate or by slamming into things at hundreds of miles an hour. as a matter of fact i read their density is the reason that sonic cant swim. They survived subzero temperatures and pressure of the upper atmosphere, and sonic jumped out of a plane and landed on his feet without even feeling it. and shadow has some degree of super strength that has been shown from time to time. they both have been shown to be able to survive in space for an undetermined amount of time at an unknown distance from the sun (waaay below zero) after being launched out of the blue typhoon's super cannon. all this without chaos emeralds.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

watch about a minute of the beginning and then skip to 3:30 and notice them being alive in space at a distance from the ship.

@Acrosurge said:X's projectiles are powerful and huge. The original Mega Man was able to bust boulders with uncharged shots and punch holes in steel plate. X's are 17 times more powerful. There's no way Sonic will evade them all.

I disagree

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vaeternus

Have to go Sonic here

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Acrosurge

@UltimateHero0406: The second video is stylish, though the first is outside the game canon. I'm not saying that Sonic and Shadow do not have some measure of durability and strength, it just is nowhere near X and Zero's level and not close enough to make a difference here. Heck, by feats, Mega Man and Bass outclass Sonic and Shadow in durability, firepower, and strength (surviving 12,000 degree C heat, temps near Absolute Zero, lifting giant robots and fortresses, and so forth).

One of the reasons Sonic can dodge Eggman's robots and his projectiles is because they do not have sufficient speed and reaction time to track him. X and Zero do not share this problem. I've outlined their speed and reflexes and the supersonic threats they've conquered earlier in the thread and will do so again if necessary. Sonic is not going to be able to evade threats that can react and target him at his level of speed. That's a problem, because speed is the source of his primary defense and offense.

Not to mention one of X's base forms is capable of launching hails of large plasma blasts that track their targets regardless of evasion and strike with 100% accuracy (Mega Man X:Command Mission).

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@SilverGalford said:

sonic stomps

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just cuz I like Shadow. But pay closer attention what he can do. and also provide evidence of some sort to support your claims. im not saying i dont believe you but there is nothing to prove your argument and show the extent of their powers. and notice how everyone else is still taking my side even though you are saying x is stronger. less friendly users would disreguard your whole argument for this.

And even though sonic was a "werehog" in unleashed and the extent of his power was unknown, he did still survive in space and reenter the earths atmosphere.

For this, watch the first 2 mins and then skip to 1 min before the end

maximotheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By maximotheone

also dont forget about shadows inhibitors

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maximotheone: they would certainly amplify his chaos control, spear, and blast to unknown levels

maximotheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By maximotheone

@UltimateHero0406: yh and i dont know if it counts but sonic hyper dash move does make him plow through almost anything if x or zero are hit sonic may go right through them i say may as i dont know much about megaman x

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Acrosurge: this is pretty much where i got the idea for this thread from

Deiry5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry but your really underestimating megaman x if you read the manga you could see what a power house is in the manga it states that boomerang kuwanger was moving so fast that he could go trough time and space x was able to see him also he was able to charge his buster so much the manga stated that it could destroy a country also with out any armor he could out run lightning... He's unlimited potential was shown in chapter 13 when he fought sigma x became a god stopping all tech with a move of a finger.. Also sigmas nuclear rocket thingys he didn't used near all his power in that fight yet he beat sigma with a dragon punch looking attack lol x was build to adapt to any enemy no matter who it was and the manga clearly shows that x has no limits

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deiry5 said:

Sorry but your really underestimating megaman x if you read the manga you could see what a power house is in the manga it states that boomerang kuwanger was moving so fast that he could go trough time and space x was able to see him also he was able to charge his buster so much the manga stated that it could destroy a country also with out any armor he could out run lightning... He's unlimited potential was shown in chapter 13 when he fought sigma x became a god stopping all tech with a move of a finger.. Also sigmas nuclear rocket thingys he didn't used near all his power in that fight yet he beat sigma with a dragon punch looking attack lol x was build to adapt to any enemy no matter who it was and the manga clearly shows that x has no limits

If you're including the Manga for Mega Man X, than its only fair that Archie Sonic (with his ultra form and his broken unlimited speed) is included as well.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soduh2: Why would that be fair, if we use Manga X it would be Manga X in base form and Archie Sonic in base form so super modes, no armors, no emeralds. Base vs Base no bullcrap and base Archie Sonic isn't that impressive to be honest. Then again I have no idea about manga X's feats either but I feel X wins.

drake01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soduh2: Sonic can go beyond the speed of light. I will show you proof.

" Omega also stated in Sonic Colors (DS) that with Sonic's current progress, he would surpass the speed of light."

link:http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(character)#Abilities

this is BASE sonic running at the speed of light. as proven in the sentence, he could easily SURPASS it. surpass (as if you dont already know.) means "Exceed; be greater than." as the google dictionary clearly says. (link in case you dont believe me.) https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=seb&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=surpass%20definition&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&fp=5e221181d4bebadf&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=667

so that means sonic (BASE sonic, mind you) was already at the speed of light, and as i said previously, he could easily surpass it.

Avatar image for super_silver_silva_14
Super_Silver_Silva_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Base Power? That sounds like quit unfair...

sonic for sure

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would think Sonic stomps. Maybe my knowledge of X is lagging? What versions?

AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AnimeLegend68

Sonic.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers