User Lists: 14

Bloodlusted

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Shaw really has no weaknesses except a lack of telepathic immunity and even that he can compensate for with his helmet. Clark can't really do anything to him.

zensum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Smallville Clark he's based of off pre crisis superman which is why his powers grew to planetary by the end of the series so fast. He takes this

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

Does Clark really have a way to beat Shaw? His first thought will be to hit him, which will only make Shaw stronger. Movie Shaw showed no limit.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. Shaw can be killed by slow moving objects and aside from that he can simply be restrained and BFRed or suffocated.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xxxddd

@stahlflamme: @jedixman: what are you talking about?

During the x men finale it took him a while to absorb a nuclear reactor. He obviously struggled with it.

If he is hit with too much energy too quickly based on that he dies

considering Clark can move planets and generate heat vision hotter than the core of sun and large enough to stop tidal waves and decimate skyscrapers.

I feel like smallville season 11 clark could take him easily.

zensum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zensum

After further examination this could be a stalemate tbh. Whats shaw's defense to Arctic breath?

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaw unless Clark bfr´s him

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JediXMan  Moderator
@xxxddd said:

During the x men finale it took him a while to absorb a nuclear reactor. He obviously struggled with it.

He was continuously absorbing the nuclear reactor, but he only stopped when Magneto was coming. He could have continued.

@xxxddd said:

If he is hit with too much energy too quickly based on that he dies

What proof is there of this? Every time he was hit with energy, he instantly absorbed it. He easily absorbed Havok's blasts, contained a grenade explosion, etc. This was at base level, without absorbing anything.

He never had a problem absorbing energy "too quickly." He was never overloaded or caught off guard. The only time something hurt him was when he was immobilized by Xavier.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JediXMan  Moderator
@zensum said:

After further examination this could be a stalemate tbh. Whats shaw's defense to Arctic breath?

Not much, but will Clark start with that or will he try something else - something that will power up Shaw?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Small V sure .

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark blitzes..

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zensum: @thesilentripper: @jedixman: @jedixman: I'm not saying shaw couldn't have continued. If he can absorb any amount of energy instantly he should've been able to absorb the reactor's energy instantly.

And if unless stated to be forbidden, then bfr is allowed. Bloodlusted Clark has to KILL shaw though to win.

zensum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zensum

Tbh tbh if we are being serious what's stopping clark from picking him up and throwing him into orbit then back into the planet. He does this in the smallville season 11+ comic's

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@xxxddd said:

And if unless stated to be forbidden, then bfr is allowed. Bloodlusted Clark has to KILL shaw though to win.

BFR is allowed, but as you said: will bloodlusted Clark do that?

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Where are people getting this idea that Shaw has no limits? He only absorbed missiles and regular attacks, I just can't believe someone from X-Menverse would be able to use their powers on a planetary scale, it's not consistent with those characters (this isn't a criticism)

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Clark just throws him into space.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@jedixman: The question would be how many times would Clark have to hit him to realize that's not gonna work? Then go for BFR? Will clark then still be strong enough to pick Shaw up and toss him into outer space.

Side Note- I thought the rules for bloodlust normally take people out of character. Like Bloodlusted Spider-Man threatened to stuff webs down kingpins throat, but he's never had that idea before, despite the fact that would be a great way to defeat a number of his enemies.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JediXMan  Moderator

@lukehero said:

Side Note- I thought the rules for bloodlust normally take people out of character. Like Bloodlusted Spider-Man threatened to stuff webs down kingpins throat, but he's never had that idea before, despite the fact that would be a great way to defeat a number of his enemies.

It does, but bloodlusted usually involves violent solutions; they usually aren't thinking of other means. Clark might eventually realize it, but he isn't going to go for BFR initially in a bloodlusted mode.

There are rare circumstances where a character will automatically go for BFR at the start of a battle.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xxxddd

@jedixman: bloodlusted Clark has used bfr whenever his opponent is too powerful for him (doomsday bizarro and zod when they both had powers).

He even bfr'd zod with one punch when zod tried to kill lois...and Clark wasn't even trying

Do you think shaw can disintegrate Clark like he did that black mutant? .

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zensum: i think freeze breath and the lack of oxygen would kill shaw.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont know about bacon sebastian but human sebastian should at least give a good fight

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure he could even BFR him, picking him up and throwing him is kinetic energy so Shaw's still getting powered up.

He'd need to throw the land he was standing on or something?

Shaw wins.

zensum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: He could just bring him to orbit and leave him there to suffocate tbh tbh

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one is a tough one for me because I love both characters.

One the one hand, any kind of physical attacks Clark did Shaw would absorb. I do not know how freezing him would do. I'm also wondering if Clark ran around him creating a vacuum, like he did when he saved Lois when the Lex clone had her strapped to the scarecrow post and lit the field on fire, might work to suck the oxygen from Shaws lungs and if that would work.