• 100 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for hipsterhobo
#1 Edited by Hipsterhobo (23 posts) - - Show Bio
OR
OR
2436896-silversurfer1.jpg
Avatar image for eatmore_payless
#2 Posted by eatmore_payless (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

Avatar image for pwok21
#3 Posted by Pwok21 (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

Not enough showings for Phoenix Cyclops, but based off power potential I would say he wins.

One fifth of the Phoenix Force is more powerful than a portion of the Power Cosmic.

Avatar image for darktiger
#4 Edited by darktiger (4861 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer wins

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
#5 Edited by Baberaham_Lincoln (959 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't Cyke win? the phoenix powuh is much stronger than what Galactus supplies rite?

Has Silver surfer ever stopped a hammer from Thor?? cause Scott did it and it looked epic X'D

Avatar image for killemall
#6 Posted by Killemall (18928 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Phoenix Cyclops should win, he for all intent and purpose one shotted Thor. But i will wait and see how Emma Frost (Phoenix) fairs against the Avengers Academy before i choose to put a power level to phoenix five, they've so far only fought cannon fodder apart from Thor, although we do not really know if Thor was actually KOed or anything. Then we have cyclops who was hurt simply by touching Wanda, dont know what to make of that :s

Avatar image for night_thrasher
#7 Posted by Night Thrasher (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually the Phoenix and Galactus are supposed to be equal and opposing forces. Phoenix represents rebirth and Galactus represents survival. When this universe ends Phoenix will be the rebirth of a new universe and Galactus will be carried on to the next. It is the force of the universe at work.

Avatar image for henryarguelles5
#8 Posted by henryarguelles5 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet on Surfer, just because of his experience.

Avatar image for mazahs117
#9 Posted by MAZAHS117 (7355 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm inclined to go with Phoenix possessed Ckye...just going by how he handled Thor without any problems, never seen Surfer do that to Thor before, that was pretty impressive

Avatar image for imagine_man15
#10 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer by a slim margin, mostly due to greater experience and more showings.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#11 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12452 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops.

Avatar image for kmart4455
#12 Posted by KMART4455 (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer takes this.. Has been around long enough what to do.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#13 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

Well Phoenix Cyclops should win, he for all intent and purpose one shotted Thor. But i will wait and see how Emma Frost (Phoenix) fairs against the Avengers Academy before i choose to put a power level to phoenix five, they've so far only fought cannon fodder apart from Thor, although we do not really know if Thor was actually KOed or anything. Then we have cyclops who was hurt simply by touching Wanda, dont know what to make of that :s

Cyke already has better showing againt Thor than Namor, so I doubt that all of them have similar level of power. Even if this is stupid. BTW Rachel with "full power" and Excalibur team couldn't take out Thor, what Cyke did in one shot. Maybe it is also about understainding? Maybe he controls Phoenix better than others? 
 
And about Wanda - she still seems league above herald level.
Avatar image for Liveshiptrader
#14 Posted by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer would be downed with a single shot, they are on just a completely different power level.

Avatar image for rumble_man
#15 Posted by Rumble Man (11197 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats and experience leans towards surfer who has fought tougher cosmics

Avatar image for thatthorfan
#16 Posted by ThatThorFan (973 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops 6/10

Avatar image for menaceforever
#17 Posted by menaceforever (3865 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer probraly if he is going all out.

Avatar image for ghostrider2
#18 Posted by GhostRider2 (4827 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer

Avatar image for glforhire
#19 Posted by GLforHIRE (500 posts) - - Show Bio

surfer considering how easily scarlet witch has handled the phoniex 5 so far

Avatar image for Liveshiptrader
#20 Posted by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

@GLforHIRE said:

surfer considering how easily scarlet witch has handled the phoniex 5 so far

Scarlet is incredibly powerful at the moment, for some reason the PF being near has re-empowered her with the plot device from house of M. The fact that they haven't been wiped out already just shows you how powerful they are.

Avatar image for glforhire
#21 Posted by GLforHIRE (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: i kno, i'm saying she pretty much back handed magik even with the force AND punked namor. So I assume surfer would do similar if he really wanted to.

as for her power up it is kind of crazy and defeats the purpose of the war. If she is handling them so easy why didn't they just send her after the phoneix force in the beginning instead of sending thor, beast, ms marvel etc..just for them to get handled

Avatar image for Liveshiptrader
#22 Posted by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

@GLforHIRE said:

@Dextersinister: i kno, i'm saying she pretty much back handed magik even with the force AND punked namor. So I assume surfer would do similar if he really wanted to.

as for her power up it is kind of crazy and defeats the purpose of the war. If she is handling them so easy why didn't they just send her after the phoneix force in the beginning instead of sending thor, beast, ms marvel etc..just for them to get handled

It seems she can only take one of them individually and they made this a plot point in the new AvsX. Not even Galactus would touch the power of M-Day Scarlet, she could do literally anything and rewrote all of reality twice and this has been unreversable by being's that are at least the match of Galactus.

Both the PF 5 and Scarlet are empowered by beings of infinite energy, Surfer and Galactus are working with finite.

Avatar image for roddy2010
#23 Posted by Roddy010 (6269 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Killemall said:

Well Phoenix Cyclops should win, he for all intent and purpose one shotted Thor. But i will wait and see how Emma Frost (Phoenix) fairs against the Avengers Academy before i choose to put a power level to phoenix five, they've so far only fought cannon fodder apart from Thor, although we do not really know if Thor was actually KOed or anything. Then we have cyclops who was hurt simply by touching Wanda, dont know what to make of that :s

Cyke already has better showing againt Thor than Namor, so I doubt that all of them have similar level of power. Even if this is stupid. BTW Rachel with "full power" and Excalibur team couldn't take out Thor, what Cyke did in one shot. Maybe it is also about understainding? Maybe he controls Phoenix better than others? And about Wanda - she still seems league above herald level.

BMEEZY explained it really well...

The application of the phoenix's power by the users is limited by many different things including: the strength of the character, experience, skill, WILLPOWER, and the connection of the force itself. So the high highs and the low lows shown by the phoenix is based on the AVATAR alone and not the power itself, but the Power of the Phoenix in its entirety is multiversal and on a higher-end

Also I think a Phoenix empowered Cyke can handle SS...But I give SS the edge due to experience...

Avatar image for pwnda
#24 Posted by pwnda (67 posts) - - Show Bio

seeing as how all of the p5 are scared of the scarlet witch, and she already owned 2 of the p5, surfer should pwn

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
#25 Posted by EternalGrandMaster (256 posts) - - Show Bio

@GLforHIRE: =/ reasons for SW holding her own against the PH5 have yet to be seen but somehow her powers are connected with the Phoenix force. Surfer however is much more skilled at wielding grandeur power but Cyneix has shown to ressurect Jean out of Dust and Stop Thor's hammer effortlessly. Cyneix for the win he's going to get pissed when Sufer dishes out something to hurt him.

Avatar image for theyetiman
#26 Posted by TheYetiMan (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate?

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
#27 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

surfer. PFC has done 0 to even match him.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
#28 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7441 posts) - - Show Bio
@Imagine_Man15

Surfer by a slim margin, mostly due to greater experience and more showings.

This
Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#29 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer mostly due to what has previously been stated such as experience, versatility, etc.......

Avatar image for x_insignia1
#30 Posted by X_insignia1 (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

surfer

Avatar image for bluetoothbully
#31 Posted by acer51 (2695 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he at 1/5 power? or is he at 1/2 power? or is he Dark Cyclops

This will make a huge diffrence.

Avatar image for thethe
#32 Posted by TheThe (1841 posts) - - Show Bio

@henryarguelles5 said:

I bet on Surfer, just because of his experience.

Avatar image for bo88gdan
#33 Posted by Bo88gdan (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix force Cyclops

Avatar image for killemall
#34 Posted by Killemall (18928 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the current cyclops is going to make short work of surfer

Avatar image for docfatalis
#35 Posted by DocFatalis (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to read AvX.

Avatar image for theminister
#36 Posted by TheMinister (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

I refuse to read AvX.

Exactly how I feel too.

Avatar image for docfatalis
#37 Posted by DocFatalis (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMinister said:

@DocFatalis said:

I refuse to read AvX.

Exactly how I feel too.

Just for that, I'm following you.

Avatar image for bystander
#38 Posted by Bystander (2403 posts) - - Show Bio

Too close to call. Both are damn powerfull...

Avatar image for diamondlifer1
#39 Posted by Diamondlifer1 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn... Surfer 6/10 smallest of margins due to more feats and experience

Avatar image for bigcimmerian
#40 Posted by BigCimmerian (10303 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix Cyclops one shots him.

Avatar image for bystander
#41 Posted by Bystander (2403 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix Cyclops one shots him.

Do not enderestimate the Power Cosmic

Avatar image for world_breaker_elmo
#42 Edited by World_Breaker_Elmo (185 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Phoenix Cyclops one shots him.

Do not enderestimate the Power Cosmic

Please understand that the Surfer suffers from typical jobberism due to many writers simply not knowing how to creatively handle an exceptionally powerful being like him.

Honestly, unless a character has consistently displayed near Galactus level abilities, they should not be legitimately able to defeat the Surfer 1on1. And no, I do not consider any single member of the Phoenix 5 to meet that criteria.

Avatar image for bystander
#43 Posted by Bystander (2403 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Phoenix Cyclops one shots him.

Do not enderestimate the Power Cosmic

Please understand that the Surfer suffers from typical jobberism due to many writers simply not knowing how to creatively handle an exceptionally powerful being like him.

Honestly, unless a character has consistently displayed near Galactus level abilities, they should not be legitimately able to defeat the Surfer 1on1. And no, I do not consider any single member of the Phoenix 5 to meet that criteria.

You're right, many characters suffer from jobberism nowadays...

Avatar image for bigcimmerian
#44 Posted by BigCimmerian (10303 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer is capable of stalemating or in rare occasions gaining upper hand against Thor, he even was losing in some of the fights against Thor, who was one shotted by Pheonix Cyclops.

Avatar image for moonman78
#45 Posted by Moonman78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna go with cyclops here but surfer has the power to stop him

Avatar image for ghostrider2
#46 Posted by GhostRider2 (4827 posts) - - Show Bio

In character, Cyclops maybe.Morals off, Silver Surfer.

Avatar image for x_insignia1
#47 Posted by X_insignia1 (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

changed my mind after AvX, most def Cyclops.

Avatar image for world_breaker_elmo
#48 Edited by World_Breaker_Elmo (185 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

Surfer is capable of stalemating or in rare occasions gaining upper hand against Thor, he even was losing in some of the fights against Thor, who was one shotted by Pheonix Cyclops.

Did Scott have the entire PF or just a portion when he took out Thor?

As for Thor defeating the Surfer; I have always had the idea that if Thor was actually capable of performing at a level that would overwhelm the Surfer, then he would not need the rest of the Avengers, or any teammates whatsoever, and could simply protect Earth by himself. BUT, Thor has never demonstrated himself to be anything other than a top tier PLANETARY LEVEL being - the title of "god" means little as he is on equal terms, in relation to abilities, with many other beings who aren't referred to as "gods." The Surfer however, has for the majority of his written existence shown consistant levels of power that greatly dwarf anything Thor does on a regular basis.

Yes, I am a Surfer fan. No, I am not a Thor hater.

Avatar image for bystander
#49 Posted by Bystander (2403 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

Surfer is capable of stalemating or in rare occasions gaining upper hand against Thor, he even was losing in some of the fights against Thor, who was one shotted by Pheonix Cyclops.

Did Scott have the entire PF or just a portion when he took out Thor?

As for Thor defeating the Surfer; I have always had the idea that if Thor was actually capable of performing at a level that would overwhelm the Surfer, then he would not need the rest of the Avengers, or any teammates whatsoever, and could simply protect Earth by himself. BUT, Thor has never demonstrated himself to be anything other than a top tier PLANETARY LEVEL being - the title of "god" means little as he is on equal terms, in relation to abilities, with many other beings who aren't referred to as "gods." The Surfer however, has for the majority of his written existence shown consistant levels of power that greatly dwarf anything Thor does on a regular basis.

Yes, I am a Surfer fan. No, I am not a Thor hater.

That's right there: Thor is no match for Surfer. Those are different weight categories.

Avatar image for zr0c00l
#50 Edited by zr0c00l (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

I say cyclops wins. One fith the phoenix force is probably a lot more than what galctus gives his heralds. I doubt hed give them 20% as im pretty sure he says he gives them but the tiniest portion of his power cosmic......... So cyc already has the boost on him, and really cyclops was way more powerful than norrin rad before they got their upgrades, it should count for something. Surfer has a big experience edge when it comes to the usage of cosmic level powers, but scott has seen jean and rachel do it for years. Hes very disciplined and is a master at teaching other to use their powers so he can do it for himself.

Surfers got the experience but scott would have the raw power advantage and imo good enough to adapt to whatevers thrown at him and win the fight.