Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern [Hal Jordan]

Jerry Seinfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Jerry Seinfeld

Two galactic guardians in combat. My bets on Hal!

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By Caligula

hal
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aronmorales

How strong is the Surfer's power cosmic?

Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

Its been done 1000x times
Surfer wins...but its a pretty good fight for most part

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stormultt
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
"Its been done 1000x times Surfer wins...but its a pretty good fight for most part "
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
Silver Surfer should win here... but the fact that Namor and Storm have been able to hurt the Surfer... gives me confidence Hal could really bust the Surfer down to the White Meat even if he doesnt win here
Jerry Seinfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7  Edited By Jerry Seinfeld

I think Hal Jordan because his blasts can stagger Superman. Well actually Norrin could probably do that too. Hal Jordan is good at hand to hand combat and can use his ring to make his physical stregnth increased to incredible levels.But yes you couldn't argue with the fact it would be an epic fight.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@King Saturn said:
"Silver Surfer should win here... but the fact that Namor and Storm have been able to hurt the Surfer... gives me confidence Hal could really bust the Surfer down to the White Meat even if he doesnt win here "

Yea Surfer's often inconsistent
JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JThree47693

Surfer after a good fight
BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BatDance

What's this BS about Namor beating Surfer are we still going through that crap AGAIN? Did you guys ever hear of PIS? In fact I don't think it ever happened. Pacifist Surfer and Namor trade blows, nothing happens but Namor getting his attention and then some talk
Why not bring up the retarded armbar incident?

The fact is when Surfer isn't wrote by the rare comicbook morons he's almost unbeatable minus the top tier cosmics, classic gods and reality warpers who can probably own him bad but if your guys aren't at this level your guy isn't going far

Hal is great, he's got one of the great weapons
he's a smart fighter with great feats but when you get past the Green Lantern ring he's just a man

Surfer is too fast, like Flash fast 
Too much energy, he can atomize people or scorch worlds, he would give DoctorFate, Ego and the Pantheons trouble
Too smart, he's a top tier atomic manipulator
Too durable, like shakes off planet busters and supernova like they are a bit of bad weather 

and Surfer has a tonne of feats to back himself up
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

Also for the TC original post

Surfer isnt a galactic guardian..he finds planets for his master to consume..thats hardly guarding anything

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xan84
@Johnny_Nemesis said:

"Also for the TC original post  Surfer isnt a galactic guardian..he finds planets for his master to consume..thats hardly guarding anything "

LOL this more then guardian the universe. If big G can't eat he dies, if he dies then gues ho shows up and destroys the universe ? Yes is abraxas . So in a way he IS defending the universe.
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Tevnoba
@Xan said:
" @Johnny_Nemesis said:

"Also for the TC original post  Surfer isnt a galactic guardian..he finds planets for his master to consume..thats hardly guarding anything "

LOL this more then guardian the universe. If big G can't eat he dies, if he dies then gues ho shows up and destroys the universe ? Yes is abraxas . So in a way he IS defending the universe. "
too true!
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bumnut

SS should take any GL!
sampasing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sampasing

Silver surfer had trouble with the fantastic 4 on the movies, had trouble against Thor, Namour, Hulk, Mefisto, Thanos and of couse, Galactus so he's not unbeatable 
He can beat Kyle but not Jordan

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I am going with Hal I do not see Surfer having affect on pure will power

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Jordan could, but SS takes the majority.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hellos
@sampasing said:

"Silver surfer had trouble with the fantastic 4 on the movies, had trouble against Thor, Namour, Hulk, Mefisto, Thanos and of couse, Galactus so he's not unbeatable He can beat Kyle but not Jordan "

He didn't have trouble with the FF, infact they needed a plot device to cut him off from that particular surfer's power source, other than that he was owning Doom FF and the US military with ease in every encounter. Namor he can vaporize, the Hulk he can trade blows and has the ability to siphon him back to Banner, Thanos beats everyone and honestly OFCOURSE Galactus would stomp his own damn herald.

"Silver Surfer should win here... but the fact that Namor and Storm have been able to hurt the Surfer... gives me confidence Hal could really bust the Surfer down to the White Meat even if he doesnt win here "

Bad writing having storm somehow hurt someone that flies through stars, which are a crapload more potent than anything in Storm's arsenal.  
He trades blows with the Hulk, with neither showing much harm (to be completely fair, Norrin's skin never shows much harm even if your beating him to death) Namor would get beaten hand to hand against Norrin. :P
JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JThree47693

Once again, Surfer wins after a good fight.
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Sufer by power siphon :P 
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By mavfan626
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" Its been done 1000x times Surfer wins...but its a pretty good fight for most part "
Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Akwa

Surfer
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
With some comments I've seen on this thread, I begin to think there should be an IQ test for the internet.

The Surfer wins. Mano a mano, there is no regular Lantern to come close to matching him.
sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sevennames27
@BatDance said:
" 
 What's this BS about Namor beating Surfer are we still going through that crap AGAIN? Did you guys ever hear of PIS? In fact I don't think it ever happened. Pacifist Surfer and Namor trade blows, nothing happens but Namor getting his attention and then some talk

The fact is when Surfer isn't wrote by the rare comicbook morons he's almost unbeatable minus the top tier cosmics, classic gods and reality warpers who can probably own him bad but if your guys aren't at this level your guy isn't going far

he's a smart fighter with great feats but when you get past the Green Lantern ring he's just a man

Too much energy, he can atomize people or scorch worlds, he would give DoctorFate, Ego and the Pantheons trouble
Too durable, like shakes off planet busters and supernova like they are a bit of bad weather 

and Surfer has a tonne of feats to back himself up "

Could not have said it better my self.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By czarny_samael666
@sevennames27 said:
" @BatDance said:
" 

and Surfer has a tonne of feats to back himself up "
Could not have said it better my self. "
Agree. Only thing I could disagree is speed. I am not sure that Surfer is faster than Hal.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Surfer wins, mostly because Jordan is still a human with a GL ring.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Man of Lengend

surfer after great fight
SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SilverGalford

Silver surfer

sampasing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sampasing

If you say Batman is human is fair enough but since Hal with the ring can travel though galaxies without needing air (or even tele tranport himself from one place to another) and has one of the most powerful weapons of the universe how was said (the limit is only the imagination) I bet in Hal

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By difficlus

surfer, the movie used a plot device to make him more beatable.we all know he is not powered by his board. in fact most comics create some form of plot device so an inferior being can beat him, but without these he's unbeatable except by cosmic entities. trust me surfer can easily own Hal or simply just depower him. 

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By difficlus

surfer, the movie used a plot device to make him more beatable.we all know he is not powered by his board. in fact most comics create some form of plot device so an inferior being can beat him, but without these he's unbeatable except by cosmic entities. trust me surfer can easily own Hal or simply just depower him. 

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By why so serious

green lantern would win after a good fight.

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By crabtree

ss wins

BarryWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BarryWest

Both have abilities that are energy based. Hal's Power Ring, and Surfer's Power Cosmic. I think that, given time and enough pounding, Power Cosmic overpowers GL's Power Ring. So, Silver Surfer wins, but after a not-so-easy fight. 

Avatar image for the_man_of_tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" Jordan could, but SS takes the majority. "
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By capall

surfer would win here everytime unless he didn't want to
sampasing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sampasing

I bet in Hal Jordan!!!!

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Valkaad

This is not even close!! If you take out PIS and go by powers Surfer OWNS hal with EASE!! Based on his powers he is virtually invulnerable (can survive suns/planet explosions etc.) He can access hyper space and fly faster than light speed, and if that wasn't enough, He can rearrange matter. He could turn hal into a jello mold! 

Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Red_Blade
@Valkaad:
While I agree Surfer would win

@Valkaad said:
"  he is virtually invulnerable (can survive suns/planet explosions etc.)  "
He's been KO'd by Thanos, knocked on his ass by Rhino, and nearly got fried by Storm's lightning

@Valkaad said:
" He can access hyper space and fly faster than light speed, and if that wasn't enough"
Which doesn't help him in combat

@Valkaad said:
" He can rearrange matter.  "

Lantern shields protect against matter manipulation
Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Valkaad
@Red_Blade: That was after Thanos was resurrected by death and Thanos was basically in a league of his own. Rhino knocking him down - PIS surfer can dodge lasers with ease Rhino couldn't lay a glove on him.  Lightning hurting him PIS -The man can survive planetary explosions, cosmic storms, etc, etc, etc, Lightning would have NO effect on him 

How does faster than light travel not help you in combat??? He could attack jordan and kill him before he knew what was happening. 

Didn't know that about the shields. I have a feeling surfer is powerful enough to overcome any shield hal could put up. 

I know you said you think surfer would win (I agree). I am just wondering how anyone thinks Hal could hurt surfer in any way?
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Red_Blade
@Valkaad said:
" @Red_Blade: That was after Thanos was resurrected by death and Thanos was basically in a league of his own.  "
Thanos beat Surfer to death, with his bare fist, 

Lightning hurt him a few times actually ,if its consistent then it isnt PIS

Because Surfer can't access hyperspace in combat, the only time he can access it is when hes traveling from point A to point B, in terms of combat speed and reflexes Surfer is slow as hell

Not really, Lanterns can shield from planetary explosions and black holes and contain Super novas

Simple, Hal can hurt him the same way other people do
Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Valkaad
@Red_Blade said:
" @Valkaad said:
" @Red_Blade: That was after Thanos was resurrected by death and Thanos was basically in a league of his own.  "
Thanos beat Surfer to death, with his bare fist,   Lightning hurt him a few times actually ,if its consistent then it isnt PIS  Because Surfer can't access hyperspace in combat, the only time he can access it is when hes traveling from point A to point B, in terms of combat speed and reflexes Surfer is slow as hell  Not really, Lanterns can shield from planetary explosions and black holes and contain Super novas  Simple, Hal can hurt him the same way other people do "
AS is said Thanos is in a league of his own. 
Based on powers surfers reflexes are not slow! He can move his entire body at superhuman speeds. 
HOW is hal going to hurt him??
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Red_Blade
@Valkaad said:
" @Red_Blade said:
" @Valkaad said:
Thanos beat Surfer to death, with his bare fist,   Lightning hurt him a few times actually ,if its consistent then it isnt PIS  Because Surfer can't access hyperspace in combat, the only time he can access it is when hes traveling from point A to point B, in terms of combat speed and reflexes Surfer is slow as hell  Not really, Lanterns can shield from planetary explosions and black holes and contain Super novas  Simple, Hal can hurt him the same way other people do "
AS is said Thanos is in a league of his own. Based on powers surfers reflexes are not slow! He can move his entire body at superhuman speeds. HOW is hal going to hurt him?? "
Not really, without tech and weapons and prep Thanos is a pretty pathetic character, Gamora Kazar Spider Man and Grimm have all knocked him on his ass before

His reflexes are slow, he got beaten to death by Thanos whos a slow brick

Simple, the same way Storm and many others hurt him, Surfer is no where near invincible and is durability pales in comparison to other characters
sexy beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sexy beast
@bumnut said:
" SS should take any GL! "
Yes i would agree but Hal has been damn impressive as of late.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hellos
@Red_Blade said:
"Thanos beat Surfer to death, with his bare fist,   Lightning hurt him a few times actually ,if its consistent then it isnt PIS  Because Surfer can't access hyperspace in combat, the only time he can access it is when hes traveling from point A to point B, in terms of combat speed and reflexes Surfer is slow as hell  Not really, Lanterns can shield from planetary explosions and black holes and contain Super novas  Simple, Hal can hurt him the same way other people do "
Slow as hell? 

Crazy Reaction time
Crazy Reaction time

Crazy fast ability to analyze the situation
Crazy fast ability to analyze the situation

And plenty fast in combat
And plenty fast in combat

The fact he actually goes around the globe looking for one person before strange can finish a sentence, easily going faster than light and having his mind able to keep up with the flow of information
The fact he actually goes around the globe looking for one person before strange can finish a sentence, easily going faster than light and having his mind able to keep up with the flow of information

Norrin written to the best of his ability shouldn't get tagged period, but thats the comic book world where guys like Deathstroke can tag the Flash.  
Rhino pushed the Surfer around, he didn't at all hurt him. Thats like saying Namor "won" against the surfer by knocking him off his board, when in fact next panel Norrin was threatening to vaporize him.  
I remember the Hulk being fairly suprised at how light Norrin is. He's strong, hes durable, but he hasn't been shown to be very heavy.  

Yes its BAD writing when someone that flies through stars, sits in black holes not feeling a thing, and in general has been exposed and absorbed to much more potent forms of energy, suddently finds himself being harmed by lightling, thunder, or hell anything that comes out of a cloud. -BLACKPANTHER ARMBARZ-
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Red_Blade

I've already addressed these scans numerous times, I already said Surfer wins here, but hes still slow as hell in combat compared to numerous other characters

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hellos

@Red_Blade
said:

"I've already addressed these scans numerous times, I already said Surfer wins here, but hes still slow as hell in combat compared to numerous other characters "

Is this the part where you tell me Xavier has better H2H than Thanos?
Is this the part where you tell me Xavier has better H2H than Thanos? "And thats why those scans are wrong and the surfer is SUPER SLOW!"

@Red_Blade said:

"Not really, without tech and weapons and prep Thanos is a pretty pathetic character, Gamora Kazar Spider Man and Grimm have all knocked him on his ass before  His reflexes are slow, he got beaten to death by Thanos whos a slow brick  Simple, the same way Storm and many others hurt him, Surfer is no where near invincible and is durability pales in comparison to other characters "

Is this the same Thanos that slaps around the avengers and Thor like ragdolls? The Hulk and Drax?  Yeah it tottally makes sense that Spidey has taken him down, just like him taking down Firelord wasn't garbage.
Yeah that makes a lot of sense.
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Red_Blade

I haven't seen anything to suggest Thanos is a better fighter then Xavier is

Classic Thor not a big deal, plus Thor has put Thanos on his ass a few times also, he always beat down a powered down smart Hulk and Drax has been hurt by people who aren't even class 100.  

I never said Spidey took him down either, I said characters like Spidey and Grimm have knocked him around before, never said anything about beating him. 

And Surfer is still slow in combat and reflexes

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hellos

@Red_Blade said:

"I haven't seen anything to suggest Thanos is a better fighter then Xavier is."

I have to admit your persistant

"Classic Thor not a big deal, plus Thor has put Thanos on his ass a few times also, he always beat down a powered down smart Hulk and Drax has been hurt by people who aren't even class 100.  

I never said Spidey took him down either, I said characters like Spidey and Grimm have knocked him around before, never said anything about beating him. 

And Surfer is still slow in combat and reflexes "

PG Thor did give him that nasty bloody nose, but generally he owns Norrin with his punches and takes down the Avengers with a twirl of his arms, slaps Drax and the Hulk together with a pimp smack, laughs off She Hulk and Namor, in general those two wouldn't have a chance of beating him or even really harming him.

blacktom212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By blacktom212
@sampasing said:
"I bet in Hal Jordan!!!! "

dude , in your last post you use a movie to debate in this threat, i dont think thats even cannon. you better read  a comic and the debate using back up information that is relevant. 
classic thor beating the silver surfer is debatable( but i think if its current thor(with odin force) vs current silevr surfer  i say thor takes it in my opinion), namor hurting ss is pis.