• 154 results
Avatar image for breakingthrones
BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The same as the last thread- silver surfer is leading galactus to earth, a team is formed to stop him. Who wins?

Thor, Superman, Green lantern ( hal), Martian manhunter, wonder woman and magneto.

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

AgentSandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgentSandman

Morals off Surfer should beat them.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Claymore1998

The team appear too powerful for Silver Surfer to win.

I suppose you could argue for Surfer to win based on technicality of how his powers work but I would be pretty surprised if someone with authority over these characters would really rank Silver Surfer as powerful enough to take on a team this powerful.

In short, theoretically it might be possible for Surfer to win but seem a bit far fetched given his normal portrayal.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is of course assuming Galactus himself is not allowed to interfere. If he is then that becomes a different story.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team stomps. Please stop these threads.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Claymore1998
Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By traskindustries

Bloodlusted SS could take maybe 2 or 3 of that team, but not everyone.

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team stomps. Please stop these threads.

I'll do what I please, I appreciate your opinion but you don't have to answer.

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is of course assuming Galactus himself is not allowed to interfere. If he is then that becomes a different story.

Lol, no he definitely isn't allowed to intervene.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the team. he would have trouble with these guys one on one.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakingthrones: Haha sorry didn't mean to come off as aggressive. I meant the Surfer-wank in general has to stop.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakingthrones: ah okay then I stand by my original assessment. Theoretically we might be able to argue he wins but he does not appear powerful enough normally to take on all of them.

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakingthrones: Haha sorry didn't mean to come off as aggressive. I meant the Surfer-wank in general has to stop.

Lol no worries but I'm not surfer wanking. I posted a thread before this in which I believed a team could beat him, most people disagreed so I improved the team. I'm trying to gage his power levels.

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakingthrones: ah okay then I stand by my original assessment. Theoretically we might be able to argue he wins but he does not appear powerful enough normally to take on all of them.

Yeah I agree.

Typically he could solar drain superman but he might not get the chance with everyone else bombarding him. Magneto could create forcefields to shield them from his attacks- which are pretty damn strong. Superman can attempt to speed blitz him and surfer is susceptible to physical damage as proved when thanos beat him unconscious in several punches ( it would take clark much longer though). Thor can block and absorb energy attacks from him with mjolnir as well as keep him occupied with his own energy blasts. Martian manhunter can try telepathic attacks ( probably wouldn't work) and also attempt phasing, shape shifting etc.. Wonder woman can block his attacks with her bracelets and give him trouble with her sword, possibly even wrap her lasso around him, would he be able to phase through it or escape somehow? Green lantern can create shields and bombard him with energy blasts.

Another thing to bear in mind is that if SS phases or becomes intangible, superman can still hit him with heat vision as he has done it to phasers before ( not sure what it would actually do to SS though) it works on a molecular level.

All in all I think he is overwhelmed.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sly_141

Team takes it. This is team that is built for going up against the likes of Thanos or Darkseid.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Claymore1998

@breakingthrones: Fair enough. I think one on one Norrin has abilities that would allow him to overpower anyone here, perhaps Martian Manhunter might be the hardest for him. All on one though shouldn't really be fair.

At least in marvel, Surfer has lost against Thor both times when Thor has been bloodlusted. Norrin has also never actually beaten him before. So I think we both agree on the outcome. In fact looks like just about everyone does.

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakingthrones: Fair enough. I think one on one Norrin has abilities that would allow him to overpower anyone here, perhaps Martian Manhunter might be the hardest for him. All on one though shouldn't really be fair.

At least in marvel, Surfer has lost against Thor both times when Thor has been bloodlusted. Norrin has also never actually beaten him before. So I think we both agree on the outcome. In fact looks like just about everyone does.

I think one on one surfer would beat any of them especially with his cosmic awareness.

superman - solar drain, Martian man hunter - resists his psychic attacks. Blasts him with cosmic energy. If he goes intangible he can replicate solar radiation and burn him on a molecular level. Magneto - he just phases through his forcefield and kills him. Green lantern he bombards him with cosmic energy, breaks his constructs or phases through and then kills him.

I think wonder woman and thor would be the hardest for him to beat.

Wonder woman - she can block his energy attacks but going all out he can travel much FTL and blitzes her and uses limitless cosmic energy.

Thor would be toughest but if surfer wasn't holding back he would bombard him with cosmic blasts, speed blitz him, phase etc.. he just has too much versatility and limitless energy where as thor doesn't and surfer can generate force fields to block some of his most powerful attacks which would also take a lot out of thor's life force.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ghostrider2

@claymore1998: he beat him, i think they are even steven.If both are written corectly SS would take it everytime because of his powers(s).

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Hal or J'onn could solo

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dorukesin1

@breakingthrones: He isn't putting down Hal that simple.Hal's blasts are as good as Norrin's if not better.He can also phase like Surfer and his constructs/autoshield has tanked Supernova like nothing

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

surfer stomps

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakingthrones: He isn't putting down Hal that simple.Hal's blasts are as good as Norrin's if not better.

But Hal is putting him down right?

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dorukesin1
TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer blitzes everyone morals off

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team would be too much for Surfer.

@dorukesin1:

Lantern fanboy alert....

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team would be too much for Surfer.

@dorukesin1:

Lantern fanboy alert....

aahahahaha yeah if you wanna argue this fanboy could shut your mouth up.Hal isn't going down that simple

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin1:

Ahhh so you admit to being a fanboy, so there's no reason to even argue lol.

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lemonsauce: yeah I'm a fanboy. But unlike you I know both of this characters capabilities.I never say my favorite character would beat someone who's more powerfull than him.When was the last time you've read Green Lantern issue ? pardon did you ever read a Lantern issue ? They're pretty close in every single department so it's a toss-up.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakingthrones: He isn't putting down Hal that simple.Hal's blasts are as good as Norrin's if not better.He can also phase like Surfer and his constructs/autoshield has tanked Supernova like nothing

hal and mmh can't take a no morals surfer,, its that simple.. It has nothing to do with how much their blasts are or anything like that. It has to do with what surfer can do to them... Now for this particular battle,, they have someone who could reconstitute surfer and that can bring them back from a bfr so the team itself has a good chance but those two do not...

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dorukesin1

@newecho said:
@dorukesin1 said:

hal and mmh can't take a no morals surfer,, its that simple.. It has nothing to do with how much their blasts are or anything like that. It has to do with what surfer can do to them... Now for this particular battle,, they have someone who could reconstitute surfer and that can bring them back from a bfr so the team itself has a good chance but those two do not...

tell me what can Norrin do to Hal ?

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin1: Blast him to bits at super speed . For which Hal needs to *think* to react

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to disagree but hal's blasts are not on the same level as surfer's. Surfer has a limitless supply of cosmic energy, Hal has a power ring that runs out of charge and can be broken ( as darkseid did) or his arm can be taken off. Surfer is faster and I'm not sure his auto-shields would react to someone that can travel to another galaxy in seconds. Surfer could blast through his shield's, it wouldn't take long.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

Thor has historically been a match for Surfer, add in all that help and the team has this in the bag 9/10 times.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:
@dorukesin1 said:

absorb all his energy,,, take him to the astral plane,, atomize him,, heck he can take him on a journey through time... He is faster than hal...

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team

Thor has historically been a match for Surfer, add in all that help and the team has this in the bag 9/10 times.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lemonsauce: yeah I'm a fanboy. But unlike you I know both of this characters capabilities.I never say my favorite character would beat someone who's more powerfull than him.When was the last time you've read Green Lantern issue ? pardon did you ever read a Lantern issue ? They're pretty close in every single department so it's a toss-up.

If did, you wouldn't say Hal or J'onn could solo......

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dorukesin1
TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin1: .......what part of the OP says " pre crisis feats are allowed ?"

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2: I suppose friend. While I do not agree with eventual outcome can't say I can disagree with your assessment. We seem to have very different appraisal of Norrin and what he is normally capable of.

I think a prudent course of action would be to agree to disagree though hopefully we get to debate again sometime soon. Perhaps next time we will find ourselves in the same side of the argument.

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin1: Blast him to bits at super speed . For which Hal needs to *think* to react

Hal got nanosecond reaction speed just like Surfer.Also on emergency situations his ring automatically dilates the time within a fraction of nanosecond(picoseconds) which even Norrin would look frozen

No Caption Provided
@newecho said:
@dorukesin1 said:
@newecho said:
@dorukesin1 said:

absorb all his energy,,, take him to the astral plane,, atomize him,, heck he can take him on a journey through time... He is faster than hal...

well Hal could also absorb his energy

Hal could also escape from Astral Plane with his will

Hal could also atomize him

Hal could travel in time and manipulate it

He isn't faster than Hal

@dorukesin1 said:

I hate to disagree but hal's blasts are not on the same level as surfer's. Surfer has a limitless supply of cosmic energy, Hal has a power ring that runs out of charge and can be broken ( as darkseid did) or his arm can be taken off. Surfer is faster and I'm not sure his auto-shields would react to someone that can travel to another galaxy in seconds. Surfer could blast through his shield's, it wouldn't take long.

One shotting Mandrakk(multiversal threat and beat Spectre)

No Caption Provided

Rookie Hal against Zero-Hour Parallax,he stalemated him for multiple pages,stated that their will power are equal and therefore they are on fairly equal terms.

Hal Jordan against an insane and deranged “Kyle Rayner” as Ion(Hand of God). He tried to talk him down, to calm him down and take him to get help, but “Kyle” gets enraged and attacked him, seemingly tryied to kill him. Hal one shotted him

also he took on Kyle as Parallax

one shotted Mongul

he blasted a hole through Amazo, who has the combined abilities of the Justice League (including Superman's durability).He was completely uneffected by Clark and Wally's blitz

No Caption Provided

@dorukesin1: when did Hals auto shields tank a nova ?

No Caption Provided

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin1: no he can't,, his energy is limited while surfer is borderline unlimited... He isn't as fast as Surfer either,,, and he can't escape the astral plane,, he dies there... I realize hal is your favorite character but he doesn't beat surfer... I would actually side with you if surfer was in character as it takes a ton to get him to react due to his nature but with him starting out of character, hal has no chance..

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dorukesin1

@thegrayghost said:

@dorukesin1: .......what part of the OP says " pre crisis feats are allowed ?"

it's from legends 1986 my friend.Not Pre-Crisis

BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin1: You make some good arguments for Hal, I don't like surfer enough to provide a counter argument but if no-one else does I will later.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin1: Something Hal did just the once and which since hasn't been shown to be something he or the ring is capable of even the time he actually er ...."died" , doesn't make for that great an argument

Based on one off showings Surfer sure can manipulate the Big Bangs energies itself to beat Galactus level beings

That aside GLs needing to " activate " their super speed , so to speak , to the point of even times John Stewart has his ring on auto fire , being unable to react to Superman , while otherwise having the ring pinched by the likes of Batman when not similarly amped , doesn't again, help the argument

Finally , when Hal actually explicitly has feats of trying to use the ring to keep up with his near light speed cousin and failing , when he gets left behind in the dust even when trying by Supes and Barry pushing it to another level , when he gets blitzed by Thawne on a day Supes is casually back handing him and saying their speeds are comparable ......no even with amped speed dude isn't as fast as the MFTL Surfer given his performances against the near light speed crowd

Other than that lots of out of context scans addressed to other people there . Keep it up . Just make sure you don't hurt yourself with all that stretching

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin1: Atomize Surfer? LOL!!! How the hell can you say you know both character's capabilities and not know Surfer has shrugged off Atomization? Hell Uni Lord tried it, and Surfer just put himself back together in no time.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin1: I unfortunately have every single issue of the Legends mini and I can assure you nothing like that happens there

Heck Hal wasn't even involved in Legends IIRC

I'll bite anyway. Issue no?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: How can Surfer's power be nearly unlimited when when even Galactus' power isn't and he is the one who gave Surfer his power in the first place?