Silver Samurai vs. Shatterstar.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Static Shock  Online

vs.

This swordfight takes place on Genosha. Who wins?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Static Shock  Online
Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Silver Samurai FTW.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm going with Shatterstar.Shatter is an excellent fighter.In early X-Force he spent most of the time he wasn't on a mission sparring and training.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Static Shock  Online

I don't think Silver Samurai should be counted out here.

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DRDOOMSDAY390

((i have to go with shatterstar))

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Akira Overdrive says:

"Shatterstar."
Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Shatterstar.

Avatar image for thegoldensurfer10000
TheGoldenSurfer10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shatterstar Takes the Victory.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

Though the Silver Samurai is a master I don't think he can take Shatterstar. He has a hard enough time with Wolverine's fighting style which is less discipline.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Perfect Cell

Alpha says:

"Though the Silver Samurai is a master I don't think he can take Shatterstar. He has a hard enough time with Wolverine's fighting style which is less discipline. "

Less disciple fighting makes it harder for most master's to predict. That's why Wolverine is known to be one of the best fighter's in Marvel.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Perfect Cell

Silver Samurai... His Taction Power's allow him to do many things with his sword...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Perfect Cell says:

"Silver Samurai... His Taction Power's allow him to do many things with his sword..."

I don't think what he does in that game has grounds here... But, I do know that he covers his sword with a tachyon field so it could cut through anything...

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Last_Guardian

shatterstar takes the win here

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hadrelius

Perfect Cell says:

"Alpha says:
"Though the Silver Samurai is a master I don't think he can take Shatterstar. He has a hard enough time with Wolverine's fighting style which is less discipline. "
Less disciple fighting makes it harder for most master's to predict. That's why Wolverine is known to be one of the best fighter's in Marvel."

I don't agree with that asessment. Wolverine isn't a great fighter, he fight's great (taken from Rocky II) : ). Big difference. Not to get off subject but he's nowhere near others like Cap, Black Panther, and Daredevil, in my opinion. But I would put Shatterstar with them.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Perfect Cell

Alpha says:

"Perfect Cell says:
"Alpha says:
Less disciple fighting makes it harder for most master's to predict. That's why Wolverine is known to be one of the best fighter's in Marvel."

I don't agree with that asessment. Wolverine isn't a great fighter, he fight's great (taken from Rocky II) : ). Big difference. Not to get off subject but he's nowhere near others like Cap, Black Panther, and Daredevil, in my opinion. But I would put Shatterstar with them. "

Wolverine is not a great fighter? Isn't he a master at almost anything martial arts? Wasn't he a ninja at one point... I can agree that his fighting is unorthodox, but that's what makes him unpredictable. Wolverine doesn't block either (due to his healing factors) which throws his opponents off guard most of the time. When they swing at him and expect him to guard, but he just takes it.

Reckless, yes...

But in spite of that... He is a master of martial arts. almost all of them.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hadrelius

Perfect Cell says:

"Alpha says:
"Perfect Cell says:
"Alpha says:
I don't agree with that asessment. Wolverine isn't a great fighter, he fight's great (taken from Rocky II) : ). Big difference. Not to get off subject but he's nowhere near others like Cap, Black Panther, and Daredevil, in my opinion. But I would put Shatterstar with them. "
Wolverine is not a great fighter? Isn't he a master at almost anything martial arts? Wasn't he a ninja at one point... I can agree that his fighting is unorthodox, but that's what makes him unpredictable. Wolverine doesn't block either (due to his healing factors) which throws his opponents off guard most of the time. When they swing at him and expect him to guard, but he just takes it. Reckless, yes... But in spite of that... He is a master of martial arts. almost all of them."

If he is, then no one shows it when they write him. i no earlier solo books have have training with a samuria master but even when he fought him, he just take bows and strikes. Knowing he will heal I guess makes him not need to use his learned skill, but practice makes perfect. And a master that doesn't practice his art won't stay a master long.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Perfect Cell

Alpha says:

"Perfect Cell says:
"Alpha says:
"Perfect Cell says:
"Alpha says:
Wolverine is not a great fighter? Isn't he a master at almost anything martial arts? Wasn't he a ninja at one point... I can agree that his fighting is unorthodox, but that's what makes him unpredictable. Wolverine doesn't block either (due to his healing factors) which throws his opponents off guard most of the time. When they swing at him and expect him to guard, but he just takes it. Reckless, yes... But in spite of that... He is a master of martial arts. almost all of them."

If he is, then no one shows it when they write him. i no earlier solo books have have training with a samuria master but even when he fought him, he just take bows and strikes. Knowing he will heal I guess makes him not need to use his learned skill, but practice makes perfect. And a master that doesn't practice his art won't stay a master long. "

Well that makes him a master of hits, but a novice at defense i guess.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ace High

Are you guys joking? Wolverine has beaten people like Captain America AND Shang Chi before? How can he not be considered a master of martial arts?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hadrelius

Ace High says:

"Are you guys joking? Wolverine has beaten people like Captain America AND Shang Chi before? How can he not be considered a master of martial arts? "

If he beat them it wasn't with a fighting style. He took hits knowing he would heal and jsut swung and stabbed at his opponents. If you think that Wolverine has a fighting style of a master martial artist than the Hulk does as well since they fight the same.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ace High

How can you "just swing" and beat Captain America and Shang Chi? Two of the greatest hand to hand combatants in the MU. How many times have you seen someone "just swing" and beat them? Wolverine is an accomplished samurai a fact that is known by all the heroes of the MU and has mastered multiple fighting styles. The only times he "swings and stabs" is when he goes into a beserker rage and thats usually when he is fighting large amounts of enemies rather than one skilled one. Wolverine is by far one of the most accomplished hand to hand fighters in the MU so the fact he and the Samurai have had such epic battles would suggest that he is on similar levels. Plus how is Shatter Star gonna block attacks that have a tachyon field that cuts through everything (except adamintium).

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hadrelius

Ace High says:

"How can you "just swing" and beat Captain America and Shang Chi? Two of the greatest hand to hand combatants in the MU. How many times have you seen someone "just swing" and beat them? Wolverine is an accomplished samurai a fact that is known by all the heroes of the MU and has mastered multiple fighting styles. The only times he "swings and stabs" is when he goes into a beserker rage and thats usually when he is fighting large amounts of enemies rather than one skilled one. Wolverine is by far one of the most accomplished hand to hand fighters in the MU so the fact he and the Samurai have had such epic battles would suggest that he is on similar levels. Plus how is Shatter Star gonna block attacks that have a tachyon field that cuts through everything (except adamintium)."

All I have to say about Wolverine is he's a brawler like Moonknight. And even though brawlers have beat martial artis in comics and real life, it's not a discipline of fighting. Wolverine takes hits cause he knows he will heal. Ever seen him block or use a grappling technique?

As far as Shatterstar, he is fast enough to avoid Silver Samurai blade while attacking himself. He's trained to be that good.

SilentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SilentStorm

shatterStar

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hadrelius

Ace High says:

"How can you "just swing" and beat Captain America and Shang Chi? Two of the greatest hand to hand combatants in the MU. How many times have you seen someone "just swing" and beat them? Wolverine is an accomplished samurai a fact that is known by all the heroes of the MU and has mastered multiple fighting styles. The only times he "swings and stabs" is when he goes into a beserker rage and thats usually when he is fighting large amounts of enemies rather than one skilled one. Wolverine is by far one of the most accomplished hand to hand fighters in the MU so the fact he and the Samurai have had such epic battles would suggest that he is on similar levels. Plus how is Shatter Star gonna block attacks that have a tachyon field that cuts through everything (except adamintium)."

Also, Shatterstar can generate bio-energies through metal of his swords.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ace High

Yeah I have actually, who is gonna take one of Cap's shield bashes or a Shang Chi punch straight to the face. Just cause he can heal from them doesn't mean they won't knock him out. Also just because he doesn't get people in triangle chokes in the middle of a fight doesn't mean he doesn't know them. Plus Moon Knight doesn't brawl. He was a trained CIA agent, marine and boxer amongst other things. So its safe to say he is a martial artist as well. How can Shatterstar stop Silver Samurai from using his teleport ring to get the drop on him. I am almost 100% sure as well that he has Class 10 strength which means he is capable of lifting over 10 tons meaning he is far stronger than Shatterstar who I have read can lift just about 5. If Shatterstar's only option is to keep dodging eventually he is gonna get sliced.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hadrelius

Ace High says:

"Yeah I have actually, who is gonna take one of Cap's shield bashes or a Shang Chi punch straight to the face. Just cause he can heal from them doesn't mean they won't knock him out. Also just because he doesn't get people in triangle chokes in the middle of a fight doesn't mean he doesn't know them. Plus Moon Knight doesn't brawl. He was a trained CIA agent, marine and boxer amongst other things. So its safe to say he is a martial artist as well. How can Shatterstar stop Silver Samurai from using his teleport ring to get the drop on him. I am almost 100% sure as well that he has Class 10 strength which means he is capable of lifting over 10 tons meaning he is far stronger than Shatterstar who I have read can lift just about 5. If Shatterstar's only option is to keep dodging eventually he is gonna get sliced."

I haven't seen it ever listed that the Silver Samuria has super-human strength, so this is new to me. And i have seen Wolverine take blows 20 times more than dodge or block (actually can't remember a comic where did this against characters like the one's you mentioned). And why would he need to. He takes blows from the Hulk, why would he need to dodge or block one from Shang Chi.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ace High

Because unlike the Hulk who relies on brute power, Shang Chi hits with the strength and devestating precision of a martial arts master. HE can easily strike various pressure points that will cause severe pain or KO Wolverine. Like I said previously just because he can heal doesn't mean he can't be KO'd. Plus its simple physics, a small object moving fast will do a helluva lot of damage especially when its the fist of someone like Shang Chi.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock  Online

To correct some of the things posted here, Silver Samurai doesn't have superhuman strength. Moon Knight is a brawler, and like Wolverine, he prefers to take hits rather than dodge them like other martial artists do (Cap, Black Panther, Shang Chi, etc), something that Taskmaster pointed out and the main reason why he doesn't use his fighting style. On top of that, Moon Knight isn't even considered a top martial artist by most people anyway. As for Wolverine's fighting style, he may be considered a master martial artist, but most of the time, he isn't written as one. Though, Shang Chi quoted that his martial arts skills were good while they battled.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ace High

Just because they prefer taking hits doesn't mean they are not martial artists. I didn't say that he was a TOP martial artist just that his abilities have martial arts backgrounds. You can't be a member of all those military organisation and not recieve hardcore hand to hand combat training. Plus I am pretty sure that he does have super strength as a result of his suit. I'll see if I can find any decent examples.
Post Edited:2008-05-30 11:49:28

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Ace High says:

"Just because they prefer taking hits doesn't mean they are not martial artists."

And, I never said that they WEREN'T martial artists... Based on the way the fight on a regular, they are more like brawlers, despite the training that have had before. They don't use their martial arts skills extensively like other martial artists do.

And, all Silver Samurai's suit does is protect him. That's it.
Post Edited:2008-05-30 11:51:46

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mantoid

Silver Samurai. His sword can slice through almost anything.

Twitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Twitch

Shatterstar

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Logic Mark III

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/Logic%20Mark%20III/images/&e=yes

Well Wolverine the 'brawler' seemed to handle Shatterstar with ease. Wolverine is one of the greatest martial artists in the MU, i suppose it depends on artist/writers use of him and number of opponenets, but seriously how can a guy who fights, and fares well if not comes out on top, people like Cap, Elektra, Shang-Chi, Ogun, Shingen, Silver Samurai be purely a brawler? He would get humbled quite quickly if he was methinks. Besides the Silver Samurai, i think we all can agree, isnt a brawler and he fights Wolverine to a much higher standard than Shatterstar did.