No Caption Provided

Rules

• Demon/Corrupted Shinnok
  • MK9 Shao Kahn
  • Standard weapons
  • No preparation
  • In character
  • Start 20 feet apart
  • K.O, Incapacitation, or death for the win.
Fight at the Crossroads
Fight at the Crossroads

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@theacidskull: Sorry I tried editing and accidently hit delete lol

Anyway Raiden needed their power to kill him, but Liu beat him without elder god power during the second tournament :)

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Shinnok lost to Johnny Cage and then Cassie Cage.

Shao Khan wrecks that craptastic fool of a god.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were both amped. They would have defeated Shao Kahn too with the same amp. Before the amp Shinnok was countering Johnny with one arm.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would think Shinnok is more powerful. Shinnok>Raiden>Liu Kang (MK9 before he jobbed)>Shao Kahn

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@sirfizzwhizz said:

They were both amped. They would have defeated Shao Kahn too with the same amp. Before the amp Shinnok was countering Johnny with one arm.

No excuses.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Its not an excuse. Johnny beating Shinnok is a good feat for him when he has that amp. As far as I am concerned Cassie and Johnny with there amps would beat Shao Kahn.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Its not an excuse. Johnny beating Shinnok is a good feat for him when he has that amp. As far as I am concerned Cassie and Johnny with there amps would beat Shao Kahn.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

zeezee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Shao Kahn.

Shinnok is wimpy and weak, and relies on Quan Chi to save him.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnny and Cass were amped? I thought it was just their natural shadow form that gave them immunity from Shinnok's power.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnny and Cass were amped? I thought it was just their natural shadow form that gave them immunity from Shinnok's power.

It was there heritage. I consider it an amp because they can't access that power at will. Only when a loved one is in danger.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Shao Kahn is stronger than Raiden and don't say " But Raiden beat him " yes with the power of the Elder Gods and could still barely beat him

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@jashro44: Shao Kahn is stronger than Raiden and don't say " But Raiden beat him " yes with the power of the Elder Gods and could still barely beat him

No he's not. Shao Kahn lost to Liu Kang who in turn lost to Raiden.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Raiden needed the power of the elder gods because Shao Kahn was soul-amped.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

I just assumed that Raiden was letting Shao Kahn win to prevent Armageddon so the eldar gods would destroy him permanently.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@monsterstomp said:

@kgb725 said:

I just assumed that Raiden was letting Shao Kahn win to prevent Armageddon so the eldar gods would destroy him permanently.

Now I don't even know which instances we're all talking about.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I haven't played that in a while, but to my recollection, Shao Kahn was amped by the soulnado and was too powerful for Raiden to handle alone, which is why the Elder Gods granted him the necessary power to defeat Shao Kahn.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I haven't played that in a while, but to my recollection, Shao Kahn was amped by the soulnado and was too powerful for Raiden to handle alone, which is why the Elder Gods granted him the necessary power to defeat Shao Kahn.

IIRC they stopped the soulnado however Raidens plan was to let Shao Kahn win since that would violate the rules of Mortal Kombat and the eldar gods would handle it.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I recall Raiden was allowing Kahn to win, not in the sense that Raiden could beat Kahn but in the sense that he knew Kahn had to win, because in doing so it would give the Elder Gods a reason to help Raiden, because Kahn was in violation of the rules at that point.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinnok. Completely outclassed everyone to the point they couldn't harm him until the Cage family let lose that hidden potential.

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Comickidd77

Shinnok can't die.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: @devil_driver: Historically they never cared when the rules were broken until it threatened their existence

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Eh, I just saw the ending again. Raiden probably did plan to hold back, but he wasn't powerful enough to take Shao Kahn on his own anyway (since he wasn't allowed to be in God status in Mortal Kombat). The Elder Gods interfered and amped Raiden, which is how Raidn beat Shao Kahn.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rubear

Oslik, suslik, Shao Kahn.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoassassin: I haven't played it yet but I've seen the story.

@jashro44: Eh, I just saw the ending again. Raiden probably did plan to hold back, but he wasn't powerful enough to take Shao Kahn on his own anyway (since he wasn't allowed to be in God status in Mortal Kombat). The Elder Gods interfered and amped Raiden, which is how Raidn beat Shao Kahn.

I don't see why Raiden couldn't beat him though. Liu Kang did it. And he probably would have done it again if Raiden didn't kill him.

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SirBaronOBeefdip

Easily shao Kahn. Shinnok only tried to rise to power once shao was dead. Shao Kahn himself conquered more then shinnok ever did.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man did MKX's story suck.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c1a72900876
deactivated-63c1a72900876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is a breakdown for those who didn't play MK9 or MKX

Liu Kang > Shao Kahn, death via a punch through the chest

Onaga > Shao Kahn, manhandled Kahn, probably far less combat skilled though

Kotal Kahn > Goro

GIANT GAP

Normal 50 year old Johnny advanced in power and skill so far, that he took out Scorpion and Sub Zero at the same time. Made them look like fools.

Kung Jin > Kotal Kahn, he wrecked Kotal Kahn

Cassie > Kung Jin

Johnny gifted his magical semen super saiyan god rip off powers to Cassie when she was born, so Cassie wrecked house with the most powerful being in MKX that we've seen thus far: a Super demon amped Shinnok, who really manhandled most everyone in the game prior to amping.

Game's story is awful. Demon Shinnok would win that fight without any issues. In normal form though? He was always the guy behind Kahn and never wanted to challenge him directly, Kahn is probably the better fighter.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinnok.

He only lost to Johny and Cassie due to amps. Before that he was owning everyone.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ElderSkaar

Hmm... I haven't seen Shinnok in his demon form yet, only human form so i am going to say a draw.

MaestroLivez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

N64 Shinnok will stomp every tim

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaeljulius: wait what? You've got that wrong. That's not 50 year old Johnny. That's 2 years after mk9 before the time jump. And both of them were possessed. Every character so far has shown to be weaker when under quan chis influence. Scorpion when he was in a normal state of mine beat Johnny.

Now to my opinion on this battle, shinnok normally should easily beat shao khan. Shao khan is a normal emporer and shinnok is a formal elder God. Shinnok beat scorpion sonya johnny (w/o amps) and kenshi without even trying. He wields an amulet that can turn his opponents to dust. Possessed shinnok stomps. Regular shinnok wins 7/10.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@oreoassassin: I haven't played it yet but I've seen the story.

@monsterstomp said:

I don't see why Raiden couldn't beat him though. Liu Kang did it. And he probably would have done it again if Raiden didn't kill him.

Because Kahn was amped when Raiden fought him. Was pretty evident when he initially shrugged off a blast from the Elder Gods.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

I'm still thinking Shinnok. The only one who managed to fight against him was Cassie and Jonny, and that was because they got amped. Khan was defeated by Liu Kang.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really didn't do Shinnok justice. He had a badass history within the lore up until MKX.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kgb725
Avatar image for passingthrough545
passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MKX story was stupid can we all agree on that?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WastelandMan

@kgb725 said:

@m_man: @proto3296: @theacidskull: Liu Kang > everyone else there has not been one person to defeat him in the history of the games

Raiden killed Liu Kang in MK9 and he wasn't even trying to kill him.......he even defeated him again in MKX as a revenant. Raiden is above Liu Kang.

Avatar image for super_trunks555
Super_Trunks555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everybody shut up Sub-Zero teams up with Kenshi and they beat the brakes off of Shinkkok and Shao Khan

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Kahn was amped when Raiden fought him. Was pretty evident when he initially shrugged off a blast from the Elder Gods.

I just assumed that initial blast at sham kahn wasn't very powerful. I mean we know if Raiden didn't kill Liu Kang he would have fought Shao Kahn and won because thats what happened last time.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: He killed him on accident because he's a god and doesn't know his own power. Being a revenant doesnt make just as strong as he was when he was alive. Killing someone and defeating them are two different things. He could barely kill him with the power of the Elder Gods. Shinnok was beaten by Raiden as well so Raiden > Shinnok?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WastelandMan

@kgb725:

He killed him on accident because he's a god and doesn't know his own power.

Right so how is Liu Kang above him If Raiden can kill him without even trying?

Being a revenant doesnt make just as strong as he was when he was alive.

When was this established?

Killing someone and defeating them are two different things.

How does that make sense?

He could barely kill him with the power of the Elder Gods.

He wasn't even trying to fight him and he still won.

Shinnok was beaten by Raiden as well so Raiden > Shinnok?

Sure. Raiden has already beat Shinnok in the past anyways. Shinnok only beat Raiden in MKX because of the amulet.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: The defeating and killing are two different things.. I'll explain you may be able to kill someone but not be able to defeat them in a straight up fight like how Shang Tsung and Quan chI killed all those people but couldn't do it on their own.. so I'm saying in a straight up fight things would be different between Liu Kang and Raiden

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725:

The instance with Shang and Quan was a 2v1 and Raiden DID fight Liu Kang before he killed them and he was holding back and not trying to fight him. Also, when characters kill another it's the same as defeating them but regardless, again, Raiden did beat him as a revenant and it was never stated they become weaker.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c1a72900876
deactivated-63c1a72900876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehh, I disagree, nothing was ever stated that the characters got weaker. In fact, they should be more dangerous now since they can be resurrected on a whim and can go 100% all out in any battle. 50 year old Johnny would have made more sense here, but you are right that it was only a few years later...which makes my case for this 1000x stronger. Johnny gets whooped by Scorpion in MK9, then somehow 2 years later wrecks him and sub zero at once.

This further works for my argument because SONYA in her LATE 40s, roughly 50 years old also wrecked Hanzo after he regained control and invaded the special forces camp. Cassie is better than Sonya, all of that just works in my favor on the argument hehe :P

Shinnok needed Kahn and never challenged his rule, he allied with him. He absolutely needed Kahn to help him. I don't think most people would consider the usage of the amulet a fair thing to use in a battle 1v1, but if so then of course Shinnok is going to win. But, without it and just using his fists? No way, Kahn is going to man handle him.

@michaeljulius: wait what? You've got that wrong. That's not 50 year old Johnny. That's 2 years after mk9 before the time jump. And both of them were possessed. Every character so far has shown to be weaker when under quan chis influence. Scorpion when he was in a normal state of mine beat Johnny.

Now to my opinion on this battle, shinnok normally should easily beat shao khan. Shao khan is a normal emporer and shinnok is a formal elder God. Shinnok beat scorpion sonya johnny (w/o amps) and kenshi without even trying. He wields an amulet that can turn his opponents to dust. Possessed shinnok stomps. Regular shinnok wins 7/10.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC Scorpion actually beat Johnny, Sonya and Kenshi later in the story when he came to the refugee camp.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@monsterstomp said:

I just assumed that initial blast at sham kahn wasn't very powerful. I mean we know if Raiden didn't kill Liu Kang he would have fought Shao Kahn and won because thats what happened last time.

I don't get it. If Liu Kang could beat Shao Kahn again, why did Raiden disallow it to the point where he was willing to kill him? Yet, that's exactly what Raiden did... except with an amp.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@monsterstomp said:

I don't get it. If Liu Kang could beat Shao Kahn again, why did Raiden disallow it to the point where he was willing to kill him? Yet, that's exactly what Raiden did... except with an amp.

Because Shao Kahn had to win. Remember the whole point of MK 9 was that Shao Kahn had beaten blaze and achieved what was basically ultimate power, so future Raiden sent a message to his past self and MK 9 is basically past Raiden trying to prevent Shao Kahn from achieving the power he achieved. The message that future Raiden sent past Raiden was "he must win" which was referring to Shao Kahn. Shao Kahn had to win and merge the realms to the elder gods would destroy Shao Kahn and this would prevent Armageddon. If Liu Kang killed Shao Kahn though, than Armageddon would have still happened.