Shadow the hedgehog vs, Knuckles the Echidna

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Obtrusive

My money is on Knuckles, my friend Mack thinks Shadow would mop the floor with knuckles dreads.

Pigeon Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pigeon Slayer
@Obtrusive: Agreed. Shadow really isn't much to write home about. Knuckles would punch him so hard it would break the space time continuum.
exodus0000000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By exodus0000000

Knuckles.  What can Shadow do that Sonic can't by the way???

Spellca2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spellca2

Shadow easy.  

He is a much more skilled fighter, far more fighting experience, faster then Knuckles, Chaos Control...and even guns if you want to factor them in.  

This isn't a fight.
Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Obtrusive

Shadow has a higher power level, but that really hasn't stopped the underdog from winning before.

Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon

Shadow can only distort space and time with an emerald.  Which he doesn't have here
He wins regardless

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By goldenshot80

So many diffrent kinds of votes!!

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MrDirector786

Not sure, but I go with Knuckles cuz I'm biased. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Shadow wins. Knuckles can't touch Shadow, whilst Shadow can easily tag Knuckles.

Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon

Knuckles was always able to do well and for the most part stalemate Sonic because of his superior strength, durability and martial art skill which Sonic lacks.  I can see Shadow taking a slight majority mainly because he is a more intelligent, calculating and brutal version of Sonic. 
To me it's Shadow >>Sonic=>Knuckles

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
" Knuckles was always able to do well and for the most part stalemate Sonic because of his superior strength, durability and martial art skill which Sonic lacks.  I can see Shadow taking a slight majority mainly because he is a more intelligent, calculating and brutal version of Sonic.  To me it's Shadow >>Sonic=>Knuckles "
^This
Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Obtrusive

With such tepid responses and such a difference of opinion I can't tell my friend that I was right and he was wrong.  I am a little dissapointed.  I wanted everyone to say knuckles so I could be right.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Obtrusive

kick start?

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Dex_Starr

It already happened in the comics, Shadow won.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By PikminMania
@Hohenheim_of_light said:

It already happened in the comics, Shadow won.

BLAMO! This about sums this fight up.

@Obtrusive
But your wrong
Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Obtrusive

sad

Avatar image for deactivated-62930dbdca824
deactivated-62930dbdca824

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

wouldn't kuckles just use the master emerald drain the power of the chaos emeralds turn into hyper knuckles with the master emerald and just destroy shadow cause seriously master emerald>> chaos emeralds

but even we take all emeralds out of the equation shadow is not more experienced then knuckles, fighting skill (i don't think there even, im pretty sure knuckles is better since for the most part shadows moves are similar to sonics, while knuckles punches and kicks a lot more), knuckles is definitely stronger then knuckles physically, shadow is definitely faster durability might be similar im not to sure about that but all in all i give knuckles the majority.

knuckles wins but its a close fight

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrDirector786

@HNIC said:

bump

wouldn't kuckles just use the master emerald drain the power of the chaos emeralds turn into hyper knuckles with the master emerald and just destroy shadow cause seriously master emerald>> chaos emeralds

but even we take all emeralds out of the equation shadow is not more experienced then knuckles, fighting skill (i don't think there even, im pretty sure knuckles is better since for the most part shadows moves are similar to sonics, while knuckles punches and kicks a lot more), knuckles is definitely stronger then knuckles physically, shadow is definitely faster durability might be similar im not to sure about that but all in all i give knuckles the majority.

knuckles wins but its a close fight

There isn't enough info on this fight so we don't know if they have any emeralds available to them at all. Also, as another user said, Shadow already beat Knuckles in the comics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrDirector786: really that's hard to believe how did the fight go were there emeralds involved, what exactly happend

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't see how Shadow beating Knuckles is hard to believe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: i do cause they portray knuckles as a straight up fighter and shadow as evil sonic who figths the same way sonic does its not like shadow can speed blitz him since shadow is the same speed as sonic obviously knuckles is slower but not by enough to get speedblitzed so im just wondering how it happened strength and durability knuckles has him beat

so ya how did it happen in the comics?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@HNIC: But Shadow isn't Sonic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: that doesn't change his fighting style.

im just saying he fights identically except the thing about using the air boot skate things instead of actually running wait is it different in the comics does shadow actually run?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@HNIC: Yes it does because he is not Sonic, he isn't a clone of Sonic, he is more ruthless and cunning than Sonic and doesn't have a tendency to joke around.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrDirector786

@HNIC said:

@MrDirector786: really that's hard to believe how did the fight go were there emeralds involved, what exactly happend

I haven't actually read the issue myself yet. As I said, another user stated that it already happened in the comics and Shadow won.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: he may be more ruthless which is good for the fight but (HIS MOVES ARE THE SAME) whats different about his movements compared to sonic? and on a side note do you know anything on the boots thing cause i'm actually curious how fast is shadow without the air boot thingies? its one of those things i never saw shadow actually running i wonder if its ever been addressed in anything?

@MrDirector786: i havent read it either, if i read it and shadow actually wins through legit means you know just no BS then i'll concede but a lot of stupid things happen in comics and im gonna bet this is one of them

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@HNIC: His move set is the same but again that doesn't mean he will use them the same way Sonic will. If Sonic likes to spam homing attack, that doesn't mean Shadow will. On top of that I think Shadow has moves like Chaos Spear which I don't think he needed a chaos emerald to do so. ( someone correct me if I'm wrong).

As for the side note I think I vaguely remember it's the rocket shoes that make go as fast as Sonic but that was from something I read a few years ago so I'm not so sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: whatever way he uses them could have a small effect but its not that significant its still the same move with the same power level. he's a little bit more offensive then sonic, sonic mostly runs around a lot, but that doesn't change the skill level, or the power level.

if choas is in the name of the move he probably uses emeralds but then again im not sure thats just an assumption.

side note: if the rocket boots are what make him keep up would he have them in this fight cause if he doesn't have rocket boot or emerald this has a possibility to be a stomp cause he wont be that fast. whatever im assuming he has them cause slow shadow would be a stupid fight plus he always has them so its better to just run with it.

basically he's not more skilled then knuckles in fighting and hes not as strong or as experienced, shadows reel only edge is the boots and im pretty sure knuckles can handle that.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@HNIC:

I never said it did change anything, you kept saying he fights the same way as Sonic which is only true in move set, not how he utilizes them. Knuckles could try and fight like he does with Sonic but that doesn't mean Shadow will fight the way Sonic will.

I can't argue that, it's been awhile since I played any Sonic games, so I can't say that he can use them out right for sure.

He always has rocket boots, that's standard gear for him whereas Knuckles does not carry the Master emerald with him 24/7 or Shadow does not always have a Chaos emerald on his person.

I never said he was, but if Knuckles has trouble fighting Sonic because of his speed but stalemates him on durability, strength and MA ability which Sonic does lack, I don't see why Shadow who has fought before, is just as fast as Sonic but is smarter, more ruthless and more cunning than Sonic who is smarter than Knuckles to be honest can't over come the advantages that Knuckles has when Shadow has advantages that Sonic does not that can shift the battle and apparently have since Shadow beat him in the comic so he must have done something Sonic did not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: first part true he wont fight the way sonic does i was just pointing out that amount of damage he can cause should be the same

ya the rocket boots thing i agree it is basically standard gear

actually sonic doesn't really stalemate him in durability he just barely gets hit, knuckles is significantly stronger then sonic and actually uses MA, sonic and shadow do not do this. sonics only advantage is speed he doesn't compare in the other factors. and neither does shadow, but your right about the intelligence thing but whats he really gonna do with that its a straight up fight no weapons of any sort, unless he runs away and tries to use terrain stuff to his advantage but that hasn't been specified, maybe he'll keep running and maybe knuckles will get tired or something ... nah that wont happen hes kept his pace with sonic a lot of times so what is intelligence gonna do for him unless he has prep, im not saying outsmarting isn't a possibility im just saying knuckles will beat him since knuckles knows martial arts has super strength and has better durability.

ya the comic thing thats why i said asked for details on what happened cause a lot of stupid things happens in comics, if shadow beat him in a proper way (no bull) then i'll concede otherwise im gonna say knuckles takes the majority on this one.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@HNIC: You misunderstood me, I meant he stalemated Sonic because of his durability, strength and skill that was my bad, I worded it wrong.

Fair enough, I'll look more into it.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Hazlenaut

@Hohenheim_of_light: when did shadow defeated knuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: oh my bad though u meant something else

aight im gonna see if i can find the comic, and see if its legit

later

MasterofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MasterofChaos

I like knuckles he's cool

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By venomyak

shadow has used chaos control without an emerald before plus he is incredibly strong he can flip semi-trucks one-handed

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archie versions or game versions?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DeathHero61  Online

Shadow honestly outright stomps...... if this is game version which is original canon, but if we talking archie versions, im leaning slightly towards knuckles.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DeathHero61  Online

@cosmoman: how does game version of knuckles beat game version of shadow? shadow is on such a different level from nearly all the game versions of the sonic cast. Shadow fought ultimate emerl to a stand still...... Knuckles got beaten by emerl when he was just in his development stages...... Plus shadow has better skill in fighting, he is far faster, and has weapon experience. Shadow would be having a stomping festival with knuckles, give shadow a chaos emerald? it will be the end.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow would beat Knuckles into submission. Shadow is faster but Knuckles may be stronger. Knuckles may keep up with sonic but Shadow is faster than Sonic. They have the same power of Chaos Manipulation but Shadow can teleport. Shadow could also simply have the option of teleporting Knuckles to the moon, completely destroying him. Knuckles may put up a fight but Shadow could punch Knuckles a thousand times before Knuckles could even move a couple feet. Shadow also could take off his inhibitor rings. Without his inhibitor rings he shoots raw chaos energy in all directions. Knuckles wouldn't even be able to harness or absorb that type of energy. Shadow could also go super. Knuckles may go Hyper, but that wouldn't work. Hyper Knuckles is a thousand times as strong but not fast. Shadow when he goes super is a thousand times faster and he is even stronger than he is with his inhibitor rings off. Shadow also has better fighting skills than Knuckles. Knuckles may have been trained for a long time but Knuckles doesn't exactly use martial arts, but Shadow does use martial arts. Shadow also carries a green chaos emerald with him at all times. Knuckles could use the power but Shadow can do more with it. That is why Knuckles would get beat. It would be a good fight and Knuckles could possibly win but there is a 80% chance Shadow would win. It'd be interesting to see but Shadow would probably win. Knuckles would have to know this is coming and prepare to win the fight or just win from sheer luck.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Shadow wins

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

I only saw the series, and from what I remember, I'd say shadow takes it.

oblivion360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shadow from the games would wreck knuckles. while knuckles beats him in the strength department but shadow is no pushover when it comes to raw power saying he's just an evil sonic is really underestimating him. he's smarter stronger and more ruthless than sonic and a better combatant. I would say he's just as fast but according to "sonic 2006" (the worst sonic game ever) he's not but that doesn't change the fact that he is way faster then knuckles and can use chaos control without a chaos emerald. He can end it with a hyper sonic roundhouse kick to the face then chaos spear.

the archie comics is no better while knuckles is stronger in the comics so is shadow. He runs at light speed and has a direct link to the chaos force. Having a direct link to the chaos force means he doesn't need the master emerald to use chaos energy. Knuckles doesn't stand a chance.

And finally in the sonic x cartoon i'm willing to say shadow is physically stronger than knuckles. since he pushed back a dragon's head that was going to destroy the ship they were on (the entire dragon was about the size of a small planet) so knuckles would be out classed in all fields.

All in all the ultimate life form Stomps

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmoman: I was specifically talking about Archie comics. Shadow would beat Knuckles because he a better chaos manipulator than Knuckles, Shadow is as fast as Sonic, so he is WAY faster than Knuckles, Shadow is strong enough to physically hurt Knuckles, He just as good of a fighter than Knuckles. Hyper Knuckles could possibly beat Super Shadow, but it could happen the other way around too. My brother thinks that Super Shadow could take Hyper Knuckles though.