• 52 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

check out this awesome Death Battle btw this isn't the full death battle it was a preview for advantage members

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By FourthDeity

I'm not gonna lie i'm pretty nervous/hyped for this fight..

Something tells me this won't end in a death but rather a defeat followed by a friendship

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jayfournines

...meh

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By GunGunW

Gonna be epic.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

no............

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Well, the animation is okay...expected it to be a bit better since they delayed the release just for the animation, but it's good...but Goku's voice, man, it's horrible, it's fine for the Abridged series, but for this it's just...ew.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By renamed040924

I love how they got RandomGuy to voice Superman. 2013 gonna start off great.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlueComet

It's gonna be awesome!!!!

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By renamed040924
NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NeonGameWave

Interesting.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Matezoide2

This wont change my opnion, but i am sincerely looking foward that.

Kinda wierd how Goku says he wants a fair fight and then kicks Superman in the face when he was still stunned and thanking him for removing the Kryptonite though.

*Waves flag with the words ''Team Superman'' written on it*

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dextersinister

Was krpytonite a random loot drop from that building?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By renamed040924

@Dextersinister said:

It was a LexCorp tower.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

At least they got the part about Superman holding back all the time right ..... it was a little meh, but pretty good overall

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By renamed040924

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

At least they got the part about Superman holding back all the time right ..... it was a little meh, but pretty good overall

Seems strange how Supes is portrayed as the martial artist (PRESSURE POINTS. WATCH YOUR BLIND SPOT.) with Goku being the more powerful of the two.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@nickzambuto said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Seems strange how Supes is portrayed as the martial artist (PRESSURE POINTS. WATCH YOUR BLIND SPOT.) with Goku being the more powerful of the two.

Maybe because Superman knows pressure points and Goku doesn't...or at least hasn't shown as much.....and Base Form-SS2 Goku is not more powerful and you know this.... I handled that already.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By renamed040924

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@nickzambuto said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Maybe because Superman knows pressure points and Goku doesn't...or at least hasn't shown as much.....and Base Form-SS2 Goku is not more powerful and you know this.... I handled that already.

You misunderstand.

The video portrayed Superman as being the better fighter with Goku being more powerful, when it should be the other way around.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xeon1cs

@nickzambuto said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Not really strange at all, since that's pretty much the only martial arts training he has, is pressure points.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@nickzambuto said:

You misunderstand.

The video portrayed Superman as being the better fighter with Goku being more powerful, when it should be the other way around.

Not really, Goku did the usual display of punches and kicks, Superman mostly punched (very fast) rarely kicking, thats how it goes...

@xeon1cs said:

Not really strange at all, since that's pretty much the only martial arts training he has, is pressure points.

Not really, he also knows that fake ti chi Torquasm-Vao/Rao crap that no one really cares about....

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dextersinister

@nickzambuto said:

@Dextersinister said:

It was a LexCorp tower.

Would have made more sense to see a pile of dead bodies instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku doesn't just go up and start fights, and definitely wouldn't instigate in a city.

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PlasticBag

@FourthDeity said:

Something tells me this won't end in a death but rather a defeat followed by a friendship

I was thinking the same. Or it could be the first ever draw/stalemate?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By renamed040924

@PlasticBag said:

@FourthDeity said:

I'll be pissed if they just take the easy way out and make it a draw. We need to settle this!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Deranged Midget

Were they insinuating a sun-dip a the end of the video? And that was a poor representation of Goku in terms of his personality. He doesn't really just "seek" out fights like that.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SexualLobster

Goku seems oddly out of character.. if they were going to give the fight plot you'd think they'd give it a good one..

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ArticulateT

I like that they're making it epic. As for Superman knowing pressure points, well, when he uses X-Ray vision on people he seems to have some form of understanding in regards to biology. Besides, martial artists aren't the only ones who know pressure points, I'm sure masseuses do too.

One thing I am confused about is the part immediately after that. I wasn't aware that Goku had telekenisis, or have I missed something?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

So question....why does this decide who wins or not? This is all just opinion is it not? So wouldn't the debate still go on anyway even after?

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ArticulateT

@Wolfrazer: Aye, that's true, same with all the other Death Battles. Really, the only ones who can end the debate would be the creators of either character.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By jwalser3

I didn't like the addition of the Senzu beans and Kyrptonite. I know it was a Lex Corp tower and all but why even add it if they make Goku destroy it?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@nickzambuto: Have you seen the comments in the section under the vid on Youtube?!! It's a nerdy Sh*t storm, I doubt whoever wins this battle will sway the hordes of angry fans and their opinions.
FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By FourthDeity

@Deranged Midget said:

Were they insinuating a sun-dip a the end of the video? And that was a poor representation of Goku in terms of his personality. He doesn't really just "seek" out fights like that.

@SexualLobster said:

Goku seems oddly out of character.. if they were going to give the fight plot you'd think they'd give it a good one..

This ^

@nickzambuto said:

@PlasticBag said:

@FourthDeity said:

I'll be pissed if they just take the easy way out and make it a draw. We need to settle this!

Something tells me Superman is gonna win this.. As much as I believe and want Goku to win seeing him get killed would leave me kinda butthurt to be honest

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By renamed040924

@ArticulateT said:

I like that they're making it epic. As for Superman knowing pressure points, well, when he uses X-Ray vision on people he seems to have some form of understanding in regards to biology. Besides, martial artists aren't the only ones who know pressure points, I'm sure masseuses do too.

One thing I am confused about is the part immediately after that. I wasn't aware that Goku had telekenisis, or have I missed something?

Most DBZ characters posses powerful telekinetic abilities; Freeza chucked a giant mountain at Goku by waving his hand for example.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By slimj87d

@FourthDeity said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@SexualLobster said:

This ^

@nickzambuto said:

@PlasticBag said:

@FourthDeity said:

Something tells me Superman is gonna win this.. As much as I believe and want Goku to win seeing him get killed would leave me kinda butthurt to be honest

Of course Superman's going to win this, just like if a website based in Japan did the exact same thing and made Goku win it.

All sarcasm aside, I disagree on a lot of screwattack's points most of the time. They don't do as a thorough job as the notable debaters here on this forum because they don't usually respond to their comments and address constructive criticism.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bossmonster

@Deranged Midget said:

@SexualLobster said:

I have to disagree with this. When Goku was younger he was just like that and he hasn't really matured much from those days. The only major difference is there is more danger in DBZ as compared to DB. Like when Goku learned of Freeza, Kai had a near freak out telling him to not engage him. At the tournament where Kabito (sp) comes, Goku is stupid bumbed out that he doesn't get to fight him. I don't think Goku would just randomly attack like he used to as a child, but I don't think this is too far out of his character. I think that maybe they were trying to be funny with it perhaps.
Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bossmonster

@jwalser3 said:

I didn't like the addition of the Senzu beans and Kyrptonite. I know it was a Lex Corp tower and all but why even add it if they make Goku destroy it?

I believe (Really just taking a stab at it or maybe trying to make myself right) that they added it to address the idea that many people will say Goku can win because he would just used Kryptonite. Two things they address is how completely freaking random it would be if Goku even knew what it was, much less could find it and that the one and only time Goku used a weakness against someone what his brother. Even against freeza and cell, Goku fights fairly no matter the stakes. So even in a death Battle like this one, Goku just wouldn't use Kryptonite. This is the same guy that completely healed Cell. That is what I want to believe they were doing in that moment.
Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mediumguy

Basically the "Supermen" of two cultures going at it? Awesome.

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ArticulateT

@nickzambuto: Mm, I know that Frieza had TK, but I never knew Goku to have it, much less use it. Not to seem like a major snob or anything, but, is there a moment where Goku personally shows this capability, rather than to assume that anyone of Frieza's level or higher can do it?

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By terry2012

@nickzambuto: I know right. And what the deal with Goku with Flying Nimbus? He don't need it anymore ever since he was brought back from the dead.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By jumpstart55

That was so awesome.

I'm so excited for this.

That part with the kryptonite had me dying.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By renamed040924

@ArticulateT said:

@nickzambuto: Mm, I know that Frieza had TK, but I never knew Goku to have it, much less use it. Not to seem like a major snob or anything, but, is there a moment where Goku personally shows this capability, rather than to assume that anyone of Frieza's level or higher can do it?

Goku has used TK on at least a few occasions (VS Jeice and Burter), as well as many other mind abilities (mind reading, emotion reading, TP,)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pokergeist

My favorite part of the whole vid!

Superman "This.. feels... like...."

Goku "Power Pole Extend!"

Superman "..............Plot Device"

Best part ever lol.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Floopay

@CadenceV2 said:

My favorite part of the whole vid!

Superman "This.. feels... like...."

Goku "Power Pole Extend!"

Superman "..............Plot Device"

Best part ever lol.

Agreed.

Though I'll say this, I always have, and always will side with Goku. I only really liked Dragonball and Dragonball Z through the Frieza Saga, but nonetheless, Goku should realistically be able to defeat Superman.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pokergeist

@Floopay: I agree. At least when it comes to SS3.

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ArticulateT

@nickzambuto: Ah, alrighty then, was just making sure.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Floopay

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay: I agree. At least when it comes to SS3.

SS1 is where Goku becomes a serious threat to most Powerhouses in comics, SS2 is where he's able to win 50-80% of the time, and SS3 I find is where he should be winning 90+ percent of the time. This goes for both Marvel and DC.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

DGTachyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DGTachyon

I loved the part when Superman says "I haven't even begun to play." then takes off FTL. BTW, that wasn't SSJ2 Goku, that was Ascended Super Saiyan or Full-Power Super Saiyan. Both are variations of the Super Saiyan 1 transformation. Also, if you want to see an unbiased thread, proving Goku has Strength comparable to Superman, then check the thread I made.

LifeShaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LifeShaver

I don't understand, how was that Goku in Full-Power Super Saiyan? I mean when he transformed,his hair was spikier,he had eletricity around him,sure it wasn't constant but it wasn't when Goku fought Majin Vegeta either,I just want to know how you came to that assumption.

Another thing I call bullshit on is when the heck did Goku learn telekenisis?! I am a Goku fan and I NEVER recall goku being able to lift anything with his mind

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Laurcus

@LifeShaver said:

I don't understand, how was that Goku in Full-Power Super Saiyan? I mean when he transformed,his hair was spikier,he had eletricity around him,sure it wasn't constant but it wasn't when Goku fought Majin Vegeta either,I just want to know how you came to that assumption.

Another thing I call bullshit on is when the heck did Goku learn telekenisis?! I am a Goku fan and I NEVER recall goku being able to lift anything with his mind

Goku digs a hole with telekinesis when he buries Vegeta's body after Frieza kills him. While a bit more destructive than just lifting something, it should also be much harder.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Freefa11

@Laurcus said:

@LifeShaver said:

Goku digs a hole with telekinesis when he buries Vegeta's body after Frieza kills him. While a bit more destructive than just lifting something, it should also be much harder.

While I know it was filler, in the Anime I believe he also levitates a glass of water when he is still in the hospital, after his fight with Vegeta.