Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fire_Ant
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Space Pirates have agreed to ally under the Skrull Empire on the condition that Kl'rt destroys their greatest enemy once and for all. Samus willingly accepts the duel to prevent the alliance, and dishonor the Skrulls. They meet on a neutral planet. Who flies home?

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Super skrull wins pretty easily.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

super cool for the win

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fire_Ant

Can SS's shield take a few super bombs? What if we give Samus the Hyper beam?

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fire_ant: Im not sure it would matter. Super Skrull fights cosmic threats which is above samus

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rozalia

Samus's fusion suit from Metroid fusion gives her the properties of the Metroid's who outside cold temperatures are practically invincible.
SS won't be putting her down as a result.

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fire_Ant

@rozalia: I 'm sorry I didn't get all that...?

@norrinboltagonprime21: When you say "cosmic threats", alien armadas don't count? (not that she does so head on, I guess Supes here could give himself an air bubble and take the Pirate's ships head on. He can also target her under the armor, so I guess this is one more for the Skrull.

But seriously, Rozalia, I was hoping someone would turn an argument up for Samus. I think I see what you're saying, but Skrull can take the fight to space where it's very cold if he needs too, and he can originate a construct from inside the armor.

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space wouldn't work as Metroid's can survive in space.
Also the first "problem" with the Fusion suit was that it couldn't be removed as Samus's body was fully integrated with the suit, so with the fusion suit is more flesh then armour.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

@rozalia said:

Samus's fusion suit from Metroid fusion gives her the properties of the Metroid's who outside cold temperatures are practically invincible.

SS won't be putting her down as a result.

She doesn't have all of the properties of a Metroid, and she is in no way invincible. That was her starting suit; she needed upgrades to survive on the space station.

The most prominent Metroid properties she possesses are:

1. Her ability to absorb the X parasite, because Metroids are the natural predators of the X.
  2. Her vulnerability to cold temperatures.

That's basically it. She can't turn intangible, nor can she absorb the life force of non-X, as far as we've seen. There's no reason to assume that she can. She only has a fraction of Metroid DNA; the rest is human and some Chozo DNA.

@rozalia said:

Space wouldn't work as Metroid's can survive in space.

What does that have to do with anything? Samus typically can survive in space, at least with the Varia suit - which is considered "standard" for Samus to begin with. In the beginning of MP 3: Corruption, she was launched into space and had no difficulty survive.

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's basically it. She can't turn intangible, nor can she absorb the life force of non-X, as far as we've seen. There's no reason to assume that she can. She only has a fraction of Metroid DNA; the rest is human and some Chozo DNA.

Way I always saw it was she got Metroid's strengths and weaknesses. Damage done to her can be chalked down to her facing a bunch of parasites.

What does that have to do with anything? Samus typically can survive in space, at least with the Varia suit - which is considered "standard" for Samus to begin with. In the beginning of MP 3: Corruption, she was launched into space and had no difficulty survive.

Just stating that space wouldn't work against the Fusion suit as it isn't cold enough, I don't see how you didn't follow that. As for the Varia suit...I really don't see why it should be the suit Samus goes with considering the Fusion suit is faster and has everything Varia does (well Ice Beam is Ice Missile instead).

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cliffrice

super skrull is kinda a wimp without that beam to make his powers on par with the actual Fantastic 4. Also screw attack and spacejump for the win. she is also proven to be a super agile combatant. One of her suits if fire proof enough to easily withstand lava.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12 JediXMan  Moderator

@rozalia said:

Way I always saw it was she got Metroid's strengths and weaknesses. Damage done to her can be chalked down to her facing a bunch of parasites.

Not true. She can take damage in general - she took damage from another Metroid, as well. The X parasite possessed creatures, but that's not the X in its true form. Actually, the X is vulnerable to Samus without the bodies, so it has to possessed creatures to fight Samus. In fact, the only time the X couldn't hurt Samus was in the X parasite form. So that line of thought does not make sense, as the X is vulnerable to Metroids; Metroids are not vulnerable to the X.

She also took damage from the bursts of lava that came up from the surface.

Also, Samus took damage from heated areas, not just cold. She is not 100% Metroid.

@rozalia said:

Just stating that space wouldn't work against the Fusion suit as it isn't cold enough, I don't see how you didn't follow that. As for the Varia suit...I really don't see why it should be the suit Samus goes with considering the Fusion suit is faster and has everything Varia does (well Ice Beam is Ice Missile instead).

It does not have everything the Varia had. The Varia suit had more versatile environmental protection. Samus was vulnerable to cold and heat. She took damage in the lava sector prior to the Varia upgrade.

How, in any way, is it faster? She is just as fast with the Fusion suit as she is with the other suits. The speed granted to her later on was an upgrade that had nothing to do with the Fusion suit, and could be acquired in previous games. You cannot apply the upgrades the Fusion suit gets, because they are not unique to the Fusion suit. The Fusion suit refers to Samus' base abilities at the start of the game. Every other upgrade she gets in Fusion could be utilized in previous suits.

The Fusion suit is only beneficial against X parasites. It won't help her in any way here.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super-Skrull.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fire_ant: I meant marvel cosmic threats such as the kree, silver surfer etc. Battling someone like silver surfer and giving a good showing is better than anything samus can do.

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What has, or can, break SS (Or Sue's) shields in the past? Isn't the Super Nova attack hotter than magma?