Rules:

• No author statement
  • Dante in his prime
  • Anime feats are allowed
  • In character
  • All gears and styles are available
  • Win by any mean necessary
  • Start 50 feet away
  • Saitama has no resistance to magic (screw physic attack :P)
  • Fight take place in this city (unpopulated)
No Caption Provided

Bonus question: Is this a mismatch?

eliah1102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@khael: Yeah this is a mismatch because Dante can just slice Saitama into ribbons with Yamato.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama would one-shot basically any of the large enemies from the early DMC games.

Is this Dante with feats from all games?

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Khael
oopsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama in the anime withstood the gravity of a black hole and it didn't do anything to him, don't know much about dante just stating a cool anime feat.

eliah1102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Overmonitor: Still Dante just slices him into pieces with Yamato.

@khael: It really is not debatable because Yamato is like Curtana Original which ignores Physical Durability, only OPM fanboys would argue with limit less, never been hurt blah blah blah.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OPM fanboys vs DMC fanboys lol!

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vintage_spiderman

@parichithayerakala: Yeah even though I don't really like you. I have to agree hax is hax for a reason lol and the funny thing is those same OPM fanboys will use that same "limit less mumbo jumbo" based off Baldey's will power feat to prove Saitama is resistant to all manner of standard tk(telekinesis) and tp(telepathy). As well as tk equivalents(like the force....basically tk on steroids and not as psychic based as standard tk more about being in tune with the universe) and tp equivalents(like genjutsu which is also magic based by the way not really psychic, but okay). OPM fanboys know no bounds!

RyuBG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, sometimes it looks like CV's Saitama is the weakest character in existence.

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By azrael1973

I played dante a lot in the games and he never felt as powerful as OPM. So I think he gets stomped and ALL Bosses in the DmC Franchise will get one shotted by the baldy.

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante slices him up via Yamato.

You can ignore hax, fanboys.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: has saitama reached his limit in the manga?

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

Saitama has a limit? Since when?

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oopsen said:

Saitama in the anime withstood the gravity of a black hole and it didn't do anything to him, don't know much about dante just stating a cool anime feat.

That was just a reguar gravity increase. If it was a blach hole gravity, the anime would have showed that like we see in comics and stuff.

My vote goes to Saitama, despite getting no feats of magical resistence whatsover, his phisical abilities far surpasses Dante.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By azrael1973

@frocharocha said:
@oopsen said:

That was just a reguar gravity increase. If it was a blach hole gravity, the anime would have showed that like we see in comics and stuff.

My vote goes to Saitama, despite getting no feats of magical resistence whatsover, his phisical abilities far surpasses Dante.

I don't agree. I was thinking the same as you after watching the show, but I think it was wholly intended by the show creators and ONE to give Saitama the feat of resisting a black hole gravity. Sure it doesn't look like that, but that's a japanese animation after all. Other series have ridiculous feats too without looking like that in the anime. The japanese don't care about the science in science fiction as much as we do.

I mean why should the alien talk about a black hole if he is increasing the gravity to 10,100 or 1000 times? He could say so. And most casual anime viewers see that as Saitama resisting a black hole gravity. They couldn't care less about comic nerds like us.

Norin-Radd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norin-Radd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: it is a huuuuuuuuge if you allow non canon dante I.e smt dante.

That version of dante can solo stomp opm verse and dmc verse together.

If that version of dante is not allowed then it's still mismatch since you allowed all equipments and powers I.e bangle of time +quick silver+yamato = bald saled. GG.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

Saitama has a limit? Since when?

that's what I am getting at.... he seems to be as strong as needed, and anytime it looks like he was losing was because he wasn't trying if he never shows off his limit or full power?.... so how can you ever put this guy in a battle?

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha: oh and what can opm do against quicksilver?

Try to dodge it? He has a good reaction... I know that Quicksilver is fast, but not lighting speed.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha: Well what you have to take into consideration is that Dante is already massively fast, if quicksilver slows things down for him, then he'd just be massively fast in a slow moving world.

For example, Virgil and Dante were able to swing there swords so fast, it create a spherical circle blocking rain from falling on them. Or when he ran down a building, I have no clue how the physics behind this feat works, but he ran down so fast that he started to burn up like atmospheric re-entry. So throwing Quicksilver on top of that massive speed would be like stacking speed on top of speed.

I don't know anything about OPM, so no comment about the fight itself.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante has the hax

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@frocharocha: Well what you have to take into consideration is that Dante is already massively fast, if quicksilver slows things down for him, then he'd just be massively fast in a slow moving world.

For example, Virgil and Dante were able to swing there swords so fast, it create a spherical circle blocking rain from falling on them. Or when he ran down a building, I have no clue how the physics behind this feat works, but he ran down so fast that he started to burn up like atmospheric re-entry. So throwing Quicksilver on top of that massive speed would be like stacking speed on top of speed.

I don't know anything about OPM, so no comment about the fight itself.

Then Dante could keep up with Saitama on speed feats for sure. I guess. I don´t know if there´s calc about Saitama feats from going back from the moon.

Either Way, what is the biggest strenght feat from Dante? Saitama already nullfied a surface wiping/planet busting blast from Boros with a regular punch and killed him in the process. As for durability feats, Saitama was taking city+ busting blows from Boros like they were nothing and also got kicked to the moon...

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By slimj87d

@frocharocha: Dante doesn't have a strength feat on that level. He stopped a 100+ ton statues punch, which would make the force 100s of tons of impact (F =ma and all, the mass of the statue was 100+ tons, it accelerating, etc).

But I think it's not about strength. i think people are arguing that if he slices Yamato int he direction of Saitama, it opens up a dimension and splits you apart regardless of your durability. I don't remember much about DMC anymore, it's been a few years now.

But I believe in his storngest form, he was flying through the stars at speeds faster than light and fighting Mundus in DMC1.

Speed would be a larger factor than strength in this fight.

bluesilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bluesilver

Dante via hax

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in wank either way

Norin-Radd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Norin-Radd
Lucifel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lucifel

Dante doesn't even need his Quicksilver or BoT here.

He uses his Pandora's Omen like a Solar Flare and proceed to the clean cut with the Yamato.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucifel said:

Dante doesn't even need his Quicksilver or BoT here.

He uses his Pandora's Omen like a Solar Flare and proceed to the clean cut with the Yamato.

Are we talking about the Dante from the picture above? I played the game through multiple times because it's my favourite DMC and he was really weak.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But is an ironic character, theoretically he can win all or not?

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@parichithayerakala: Yeah even though I don't really like you. I have to agree hax is hax for a reason lol and the funny thing is those same OPM fanboys will use that same "limit less mumbo jumbo" based off Baldey's will power feat to prove Saitama is resistant to all manner of standard tk(telekinesis) and tp(telepathy). As well as tk equivalents(like the force....basically tk on steroids and not as psychic based as standard tk more about being in tune with the universe) and tp equivalents(like genjutsu which is also magic based by the way not really psychic, but okay). OPM fanboys know no bounds!

I love how

1. You come into this thread, whining about OPM fanboys all day long and that's all I ever really see you do, not putting forth any input worth jack.

2. They haven't even shown up, likely never will.

3. You act like OPM fanboys are compromised of everyone who's ever watched the show.

4. All you do. All you do is whine.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Overmonitor

@azrael1973: I could post BRB singularity bisection same thing. He resisted, the ship wasnt destroyed, light didnt bend, etc., We have at assume it was the gravity of a black hole because we have no way to prove it wasnt and the author made sure to say it.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By azrael1973

@ryubg said:

Lol, sometimes it looks like CV's Saitama is the weakest character in existence.

Which is a good thing. Saitama is a gag character. Who is he going to surprise if everone knows what he is capable of? He even lowballs himself, so that he doesn't make other heroes look weak. He got haters in his manga too.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Lucifel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lucifel

@azrael1973:

It's from all the games, but i used his Omen because Saitama doesn't have feats to suggest he can resist being blinded by the light.

Even if Saitama manage to tag Dante, he can just use his Rebellion (which never broke before) to block his punches.

A funny thing is that i never see Dante being hurt by blunt damage. Nero's punches doesn't even phased him, but he seems vulnerable to piercing damage. Guess we will never know his real durability, as he always is playing around like Saitama.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante via Hax.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By azrael1973

@lucifel said:

@azrael1973:

It's from all the games, but i used his Omen because Saitama doesn't have feats to suggest he can resist being blinded by the light.

Even if Saitama manage to tag Dante, he can just use his Rebellion (which never broke before) to block his punches.

A funny thing is that i never see Dante being hurt by blunt damage. Nero's punches doesn't even phased him, but he seems vulnerable to piercing damage. Guess we will never know his real durability, as he always is playing around like Saitama.

True! Dante is one of the coolest guys around. The problem is that we get to play him and gamewise he just isn't that impressive. But lots of comic characters have this problem too. Every superman and Hulk game in existence sucks.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norin-radd: Do you mean anime version?

Because other than anime and canon game, it's not allowed here (for Dante)

Lucifel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lucifel

@azrael1973 said:
@lucifel said:

@azrael1973:

True! Dante is one of the coolest guys around. The problem is that we get to play him and gamewise he just isn't that impressive. But lots of comic characters have this problem too. Every superman game in existence sucks.

Yeah. Gamewise he only impressed me in his fight with Mundus. By powerscaling he should be much stronger in the DMC2, as he have even a new Devil Trigger that seems to be invulnerable. But unfornately the game was poorly written and we couldn't see much of Dante's real power.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norin-Radd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: no I ment the op version of dante that appeared in shin megami tensei 3 nocturne who usually hangs around with multiversal beings like demi fiend,lucifer.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oopsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By oopsen

@frocharocha: naw man, dude literally said do you even know what a black hole is started to describe one And then realized saitama wasn't Getting hurt.

Yeah it was a gravity increase, but he increased it to the level of a black hole.

Why else would he describe a black hole?

Soliton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Soliton

@oopsen:

well. If it was increased to the level of a black hole, everything in that ship would have been turned into quark gluon plasma at least and there would have been a massive, massive explosion surpassing anything this world has ever seen.

That said, I still think Saitama wins. He can damn near Solo the verse. He seems faster than dante. Even with quicksilver.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Overmonitor

@soliton: Comics dont work like that. Look up "Beta Ray Bill singularity bisection". I assure you its the exact same situation.

The gravity was that of a black hole, end of story.

It seems to be localized gravity, or the ship is strong enough to resist it considering the ship can travel through space at MFTL, tank a planet busting attack's aftermath, tank a barrage of 50 ft long cannon bullets and thousands of tons of debris being hurled at high speeds for a long time, tank Saitama and Boros fighting with tremendous energy on the ship, etc.,

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By azrael1973

@soliton said:

@oopsen:

well. If it was increased to the level of a black hole, everything in that ship would have been turned into quark gluon plasma at least and there would have been a massive, massive explosion surpassing anything this world has ever seen.

That said, I still think Saitama wins. He can damn near Solo the verse. He seems faster than dante. Even with quicksilver.

True that's what someone would expect who is interested in science. But that's a japanese manga made by manga artists and not scientists. What is important is that the creators of the anime want to tell the audience that Saitama can withstand the gravity of a black hole and the alien was right about what he said about that light can't escape a black hole. Why the anime team didn't show it? Maybe because it's not a real black hole but just its gravitational force? Who knows. japanese animes are strange, even for someone who has been reading mangas for decades.

oopsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soliton: why? You don't know the specs of a highly advanced alien ship.

They could fly through black holes for fun for all we know.

They are capable of crossing the universe I'm sure there ship can survive a black hole.

Plus it's fiction, characters moving at lightspeed would cause a huge mount of damage but we never see the damage.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By azrael1973

@oopsen said:

They are capable of crossing the universe I'm sure there ship can survive a black hole.

Plus it's fiction, characters moving at lightspeed would cause a huge mount of damage but we never see the damage.

I doubt that it's because it's because of the alien ship, after all the scene was just a filler. And ONE and the manga team wanted to add a feat for Saitama so they came up with something. But it was not shown the right way. I even believed that the shadow on the knees were the black holes....

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oopsen said:

I doubt that it's because it's because of the alien ship, after all the scene was just a filler. And ONE and the manga team wanted to add a feat for the alien and Saitama so they came up with something. But it was not shown the right way.

The entire comic and the entire anime are all filler. The only canon is the webcomic. I'm pretty sure OP means composite Saitama.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By azrael1973

@iusemycajonas said:
@azrael1973 said:
@oopsen said:

I doubt that it's because it's because of the alien ship, after all the scene was just a filler. And ONE and the manga team wanted to add a feat for the alien and Saitama so they came up with something. But it was not shown the right way.

The entire comic and the entire anime are all filler. The only canon is the webcomic. I'm pretty sure OP means composite Saitama.

Well Saitama gets more impressive with each rewriting. Only in the anime he can withstand the gravity of a black hole and repel a planet buster attack easily. Webtoon Saitama couldn't even jump to the moon. I'm sure manga/anime Garou will be much stronger too.