Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Joewell911

Saber

No Caption Provided
  • Morals on and in character, but determined to win all fights.
  • Basic knowledge on all opponents but no prep.
  • Win by KOing, killing, or otherwise incapacitating the opponent.
  • She can be injured by non-magical attacks regardless of "rank" the same she would if that attack was of magic origin.
  • Feats for Saber can be found here.

The Gauntlet

• All are morals on and in character, but determined to win the fight.
  • No knowledge on Saber and no prep.
  • Win by KOing, killing, or otherwise incapacitating Saber.
  • All competitors are current composite unless otherwise stated.
  • Standard gear for all.
  • Powers are allowed and stats are untouched.
No Caption Provided
  • All fights take place here. Starting distance is 50 feet. No BFR.
  • Yes, I do realize I suck at ordering gauntlets and my knowledge on most of these characters is little. If anything is out of order, tell me and I'll try to fix it.
  1. King Bradley (FMA:B)
  2. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat. Not because he's stronger, because he's harder to deal with. Don't freak.)
  3. Link (Legend of Zelda)
  4. Percy Jackson (Heroes of Olympus)
  5. Raiden (Metal Gear)
  6. Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill, no time freeze.)
  7. Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)
  8. MS Sasuke (Naruto. I think that's the correct version, though I'm no expert. If there is a more fair rendition, tell me.)
  9. Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)

If you don't know a character, either ask and I'll explain or skip it.

Bonus Round: Saber is Bloodlusted and going straight for the kill!

How far does the Holy Knight Servant make it?

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell:

Don't freak.

TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Love how you tagged yourself

Saber stops at Raiden

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell:

Don't freak.

TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Sigh*

Love how you tagged yourself

Saber stops at Raiden

Any reason?

(I know, I ask that to everyone. Just wanna get keep mah thread alive and see what people think.)

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sy8000

Sasuke with just MS shouldn't be above Zoro.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Kuzuki solo'd her. Her swordsmanship has never really impressed me.

No Caption Provided

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esdeath should be higher than Erza.

Stops at Raiden.

Possibly stops at Link depending on the game's powers/equipment.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fixed. How far do you think she makes it?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:
@highaccuser said:

Fixed. How far do you think she makes it?

I don't know Fate/Stay and I'm too busy to check the clips now. No comment.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

In her defense he caught her off guard , she never expected a master to be that powerful , but yes compared to other fighters in the series(Assassin , F/Z Lancer , both Berserkers) , she seems lackluster.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

OK. There is some severe underestimating or misunderstanding going on. Someone is going to have to explain why Saber doesn't stomp here.

@xiokenji said:
@reaperonyx said:

No Caption Provided

In her defense he caught her off guard , she never expected a master to be that powerful , but yes compared to other fighters in the series(Assassin , F/Z Lancer , both Berserkers) , she seems lackluster.

You guys do realize that through the majority of FS/N Saber is severely underpowered because Emiya is an inept master...right? The only thing she has is a high rank luck stat because their personalities are well suited to one another.

Saber isn't herself until she makes a pact with Rin later. At which point, she is capapble of doing this.

Loading Video...

Just for some more perspective. Fuyuki City is designed from Kobe in real life. Its Japan's 6th largest city with a 1.5m population and is 213 square miles in size. And her excalibast was large enough that it not only dwarfed the city, but most of the surronding region as well. She would have easily vaporized it had the blast not been aimed upwards.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK. There is some severe underestimating or misunderstanding going on. Someone is going to have to explain why Saber doesn't stomp here.

@xiokenji said:
@reaperonyx said:

No Caption Provided

You guys do realize that through the majority of FS/N Saber is severely underpowered because Emiya is an inept master...right? The only thing she has is a high rank luck stat because their personalities are well suited to one another.

Saber isn't herself until she makes a pact with Rin later. At which point, she is capapble of doing this.

Loading Video...

Just for some more perspective. Fuyuki City is designed from Kobe in real life. Its Japan's 6th largest city with a 1.5m population and is 213 square miles in size. And her excalibast was large enough that it not only dwarfed the city, but most of the surronding region as well. She would have easily vaporized it had the blast not been aimed upwards.

Loading Video...

I prefer this scene , but regardless , Excalibur has nothing to do with duels since it's impossible for her to use it unless the enemy is just watching her(Just like raider in 2007)

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji: Despite the fact that the anime would have you believe otherwise, it doesn't take 5 minutes to use it. The anime merely draws it out for dramatic effect (incredibly effectively mind you) since she only uses it like 3 times during the course of both Ufotable series.

She can, and has fired it instantly.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XioKenji

@fallschirmjager said:

@xiokenji: Despite the fact that the anime would have you believe otherwise, it doesn't take 5 minutes to use it. The anime merely draws it out for dramatic effect (incredibly effectively mind you) since she only uses it like 3 times during the course of both Ufotable series.

I assume she fired it instantly in the VN or some other series ? I'll take your word for granted and won't ask for scans.

Since in the anime she does take charging time but knowing Ufotable they just wanna swing their animation budget in our faces , which I don't mind at all since the scenes tend to be majorly dramatic and filled with eyecandy.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji said:
@fallschirmjager said:

I assume she fired it instantly in the VN or some other series ? I'll take your word for granted and won't ask for scans.

Since in the anime she does take charging time but knowing Ufotable they just wanna swing their animation budget in our faces , which I don't mind at all since the scenes tend to be majorly dramatic and filled with eyecandy.

Yes. When she fights Gilgamesh in the Fate route, part of the reason she wins is because she kills him with Excalibast before he can use Enuma Elish.

Ironically, DEEN ''animated" this fight, albiet incredibly poorly to the point where I won't link it.

Another unknown thing about Excaliber is that while she typically fires it in a cone from a downward / overhead swing, she - in fate/hollow ataraxia - stabbed the sword down into the ground and fire an omnidirectional blast that once again covered all of Fuyuki city and wiped otu all the shadow monsters in it. She expressly controlled the blast so that it killed all the monsters in teh city but didn't damage any part of the actual city itself.

No Caption Provided

DesolatorStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Completely irrelevant.

A. Kuzuki was amped by Caster.

B. Saber's 1 rank down in practically all parameters under Shiro because he couldn't provide mana.

C. His fighting style revolves around changing the direction of his attack mid-way, catching Saber off-guard. Kuzuki, by author statements(without the amp), can beat any of the relevant h2h combat masters in the series in the first match since it's all about surprise. Once you know what he has, he can be beaten fairly easily. Kuzuki even admitted that he'd loose to Saber in round 2.

D. By author statements, Taiga=Shiki Ryougi in swordsmanship, which, in his terms, is enough to give a 200 year old warrior monk pause. Taiga (and by extension Shiki) is leagues below Saber in pure technique.

NightThrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NightThrasher

Saber wouldn't really have trouble with most of these people. Only Raiden could pose a real threat, and that's mostly due to his insane stats, not due to any particular swordsmanship on his part.

Edit: She clears the bonus round.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@desolatorstorm: Yet, she really only beat Assassin in their second fight of the series. She really didn't win any other fight. So I guess an amped mortal could beat her with ease.

Every other servant was above her in more ways than one.

DesolatorStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DesolatorStorm
@reaperonyx said:

@desolatorstorm: Yet, she really only beat Assassin in their second fight of the series. She really didn't win any other fight. So I guess an amped mortal could beat her with ease.

Every other servant was above her in more ways than one.

Welp, you need to do some reading up on the series.

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It takes less than a second to step up and fire an Excaliblast.

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20111/

For anyone who wishes to wade through. It's a little bit right after Gilgamesh uses Ea but before Avalon was activated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@desolatorstorm: I'm not reading a sub par manga.

I'm not going by statements by the way. You can't just say it happened without proof.

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's going to be a problem because the original source is a novel backed up by supplementary material.

DesolatorStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DesolatorStorm
@reaperonyx said:

@desolatorstorm: I'm not reading a sub par manga.

I'm not going by statements by the way. You can't just say it happened without proof.

Definitely an anime-only watcher trying to formulate a downplay without all the info. You aren't even aware that the source material isn't a manga.

Well, too bad. If the author establishes a skill level, you simply have to accept it. If you don't like what the author, the creator of the characters, establishes about their level, then the burden of proof is on you to disprove the author. Kuzuki beating her in round 1 is not a detriment to her skill. It establishes Kuzuki's skill.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

an argument could be made that she stops at 3, if were assuming this is a composite Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@desolatorstorm:

That's like asking me to rely on Dragon Ball's power level scanner.

Powers can't be based on statements. Neither can skill. I could say Saber is omnipotent and some might believe me.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By alcoholbob

Her sword skills aren't supposed to be that good. Lancelot and Gawain are both supposed to be superior swordsman lore wise and in the Fate universe anyway. In universe she's supposed to be physically strong with high stats and the ability to amp them further with prana burst along with her powerful energy projection. Pure dueling isn't really her speciality as shown in essentially every engagement she has with someone who specializes in close combat.

DesolatorStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DesolatorStorm

@reaperonyx:

Sure sure. You with no evidence for contradiction and knowledge on less than 1/3rd of the story know so much more than the author and how he establishes his characters by direct quotes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx:

Except in your case, yours isn't backed up by the original author's statements or supplements.

I've provided a link to a portion of the novel in a previous post.

And another few of translations from what we know of in the novel. Somewhat outdated however.

http://tatari.byethost33.com/fuyuki/miscnotes.htm

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More info on specific character matches and why Kuzuki's style only works once. From translations direct from the source.

http://tatari.byethost33.com/fuyuki/totallyunofficialpowerrankings.htm

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By XioKenji

@lou_cypher said:

@reaperonyx:

Except in your case, yours isn't backed up by the original author's statements or supplements.

And another few of translations from what we know of in the novel. Somewhat outdated however.

Is Shinji really THAT low in Nasuverse? and his GF is THAT high? Interesting site.

No ratings for Fate/Kaleid characters , so lame

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those were translations just after Hollow Ataraxia was made.

Newer material came out since then.

If we can get Fate/Strange Fake to come out, it'd be interesting. Like True Archer being punched by True Rider midway in his fight with Gilgamesh with enough force to crash into a mountain. And then the mountain explodes like a volcano because True Archer is mad.

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Avalon she could clear...

DesolatorStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx:

Oh yes I did. The author's statement in a Q&A is just about as solid as evidence can be unless there's something directly in the story that contradicts it. You can see the quote from the wiki's reference if you click show.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Shiki_Ryougi#cite_note-22

If you don't like this author assessment, provide counter evidence. Otherwise, it's fact.

DesolatorStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji said:
@lou_cypher said:

@reaperonyx:

Is Shinji really THAT low in Nasuverse? and his GF is THAT high? Interesting site.

No ratings for Fate/Kaleid characters , so lame

Who's Shinji's "girlfriend"? None of the main characters are his girlfriend. (I just want to know who you're referring to so I can explain)

Fate/Kaleid should not be taken into consideration since it blatantly ignores the lore of FSN regarding how abilities work.(Gil using "true: 9 lives ugh)

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By XioKenji

@desolatorstorm: Uh sorry meant the vampire chick since she is his lover in the manga(read the manga and played melty blood 2 the fighting game , didn't play the 1st game/vn)

Yea Fate/Kaleid literally murders the lore lmao. but a magical girls show based from one of my favorite companies(type-moon) couldn't miss out

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cypher0120

At the risk of spoilers, there is a reason as to why Kaleid's rules work differently.

It's a parallel world with another parallel world working to undermine it .

It's still something that happens in that multiverse. Same with Fate/Extra and Strange Fake really.

Zelretch mentions not being able to watch specific worlds otherwise it'll become more true than the others.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx:

And yet, still nothing shown of it in the book.

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She would have a harder time with Raiden than 6-9.

She clears bonus round but not sure if she would in character, her sense death would save her ass a lot though.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiro said:

Avalon isnt standard gear.

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiro said:

Avalon isnt standard gear.

Technically you're right, Shirou has it during SN but it is standard gear if you're talking about Artoria from the entirety of the series

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx:

What do you want, the whole original novel? What, did you read nothing in the links provided? Did you expect to be spoonfed every relevant information because you just ignore what's already explained?

It's in the novel! Here, two relevant scenes again!

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20173/

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20174/

Explains perfectly well just how skilled Kuzuki was in addition to Caster's backup. Explains perfectly well that Kuzuki knew his style wouldn't work twice in a row. Perfectly supported by interviews from the original source.

So yes, I'm calling idiocy in your part when you don't even bother sifting through the provided information.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stops at Link, if not, Raiden.