• 130 results
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By gravitypress

RKT is around 2x Odin's power level. He could take an average Celestial.

Avatar image for raf_the_destroyer
Raf_The_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is Exitar the Exterminator the most powerful Celestial?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By ShootingNova

@Raf_The_Destroyer said:

Is Exitar the Exterminator the most powerful Celestial?

I thought the One Above All was.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mjolnirson

@ShootingNova: the most powefull celestial is Scathan

he kicked the ass of the powerfull kid that can copy all the powers of every superhero even the powers of the living tribunal

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By PowerHerc

Rune King Thor ftw.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson:

Do you see Dormammu having any help from his sister in these scans?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By LONGTIME
@kingkronos said:

Thor already gave a celestial a hard time. So rune king thor should stomp a low level celestial. As for high level, I don't know.........but he has a chance.

He has no chance against a high level Celestial.
kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kingkronos

@LONGTIME said:

@kingkronos said:

Thor already gave a celestial a hard time. So rune king thor should stomp a low level celestial. As for high level, I don't know.........but he has a chance.

But RKT should be on the level of a well fed Galactus since he's much more powerful than Odin. So he does stand a chance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingkronos said:

@LONGTIME said:

@kingkronos said:

But RKT should be on the level of a well fed Galactus since he's much more powerful than Odin. So he does stand a chance.

Galactus is more powerful than Rune King Thor. Rune King is not even anywhere near Elder God level so there is no way he can stand a chance against high tier Celestials like the Dream, Scathan and One Above All.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Hyper_God

Celestial wins this 9/10 .

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Hyper_God

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@mjolnirson said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: ok its true the most that you said but the WMT is not comparable in any skill than the RKT. galactus was able of destroy and kill three celestials and the RKT is most powerfull than him, how i know that? galactus and odin are nears level of all the skills that you want and thor is more powerfull than odin by many light years. and to the comment that says that the celestials are pure energy this is not a very good advantage against the RKT because he know how can manipulate all the enrgy in the universe. it says surtur was afraid of him and in all the comics that i saw, surtur never showed fear to anyone.

Do you see Rune King, doing this to a well fed Galactus? I don't think so.

Galactus is above the Fates and therefore above the Runes, Ragorrok or anything that is of or related to Asgard. That Celestial is just an average Celestial. and it nearly destroyed a well fed Galactus. Thor with the Runes is not doing that. He can't defeat the Celestials. Cracking their armor maybe... But killing them he can not.

That's a Voltron-style combination of 3 different Celestials , from an alternate universe(Earth-4280) . The battle took place in F4#603 . Here are the scans :

No Caption Provided

Apart from that I agree with most of your post(except for the Dormammu bit) .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BringnIt said:

Pretty sure Galactus killed that Celestial and did not temporarily incapacitate it.

When you destroy an armor of a Celestial, that Celestial is forced to make another armor. The armor is just a puppet that interacts with physical space. Celestials are not as big as their armor. They are bigger.

No Caption Provided
NightThrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NightThrasher

RKT Wins against an average celestial. A strong Celestial would be a different story,

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Bo88gdan

Rune King Thor Lose :(

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By fondofpacman

Based on how Odin got annihilated while wearing the Destroyer Armor...and wielding with the Odin Sword...and posessing the souls of all denizens of Asgard (minus Thor), I'd say the average Celestial would trash RKT.

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By grimlock

@termiteone4ever said:

Rune King Thor shouldnt Stand a Chance here

for sure

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ShootingNova

Rune King Thor lacks the strength to contend with Celestials. They have been unfazed by attacks that could rend planets out of orbit. A lone Celestial turned the Destroyer Armor into slag even when it was being powered by Odin, all the other souls in Asgard minus Thor, and the Uni-mind.

Thorcules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Thorcules

If it's a average celestial i think RKT can take this.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@cosmicallyaware1: I think You mean this right? , He cracks open the Celestrial Armor and enter his head..

No Caption Provided
CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CountofMC

I think RKT could beat down an average Celestial. His power set was pretty versatile. He would still probably lose to the top tier guys but that's not too bad.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By kidThunder

@bigcimmerian: how is galactus more powerfull than rkt?..rkt is way above galactus here..

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@7am_waking_up_in_the_morning: i beg to differ...rune king thor is not an elder God level?...his half elder god by gaia..and when he merge with atum(another high level elder god) bring his merge with atum another amp of himself..(im going along pls do correct me)rune king thor is his most powerful version(being able to will beings out of existence)he merge with the universe after that..comic..how on earth is galactus(who ate 4 planets to defeat one celestial only when fighting several)..while normal thor threw odins sword into arshiem ,yes saved by gaia) stronger than rune king thor..the fact your stating rkt runes only powerful in asgard??..he summons all mystical magic forces in the universe...and your saying his weaker than galactus?the planet eater for power?i agree galactus is powerful..so is rune king thor more powerful than galactus..but we cant say exactly..CAUSE MARVEL DIDNT STATE HOW POWERFUL HE CAN GO...RKT ...do reply..im researching here..

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidthunder: First good luck talking logic with 7am lol.

Secondly RKT is likely beyond elder gods, after all RKT is said to be the most powerful version of Thor as per his bio, and one of his earlier version is Thor merged with Demogorge, the most powerful elder god.

That being said contrary to what i said a year ago in this thread, i dont think RKT would win, i think he gets stomped.

He did not summon all the magic forces in the universe, his feats were limited to Asgardia pocket universe alone, even more specifically only Asgard which is the size of us continent.

RKT also never merged with the universe, he was gazing in the universe to see if anything was there and given he sees no stars or planet, pretty clearly it wasnt 616 but merely Asgardia pocket univere, as earth, let alone all the stars and planet were never destroyed.

Galactus being more powerful than Galactus comes from the fact that he has vastly better feats , above and beyond what Skyfather performed and he is normally regards much above any single pantheon.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Hyperlight

@mjolnirson: i really like this post.. people always trying to punk galactus. his main problem is his power source isnt perpetual like everyone elses is so he loses power quick.

props to you man!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By dondave

Celestials

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By terry2012

Hard to call.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestials.

blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By blur99

RK Thor briefly appeared so its hard to gauge his ability.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rune King Thor.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blur99 said:

RK Thor briefly appeared so its hard to gauge his ability.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still my vote goes for a Celestial :)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By laflux

@killemall said:

@kidthunder: First good luck talking logic with 7am lol.

Secondly RKT is likely beyond elder gods, after all RKT is said to be the most powerful version of Thor as per his bio, and one of his earlier version is Thor merged with Demogorge, the most powerful elder god.

That being said contrary to what i said a year ago in this thread, i dont think RKT would win, i think he gets stomped.

He did not summon all the magic forces in the universe, his feats were limited to Asgardia pocket universe alone, even more specifically only Asgard which is the size of us continent.

RKT also never merged with the universe, he was gazing in the universe to see if anything was there and given he sees no stars or planet, pretty clearly it wasnt 616 but merely Asgardia pocket univere, as earth, let alone all the stars and planet were never destroyed.

Galactus being more powerful than Galactus comes from the fact that he has vastly better feats , above and beyond what Skyfather performed and he is normally regards much above any single pantheon.

According to feats, Top tier Skyfathers are most likely above Elder Gods, and since RKT is above Odin, then it would be logical he is above Elder God level.

In any-case, RKT Thor still loses. And also, I don't know where the idea that RKT Thor is twice as powerful as Odin comes from. Is it because he had to pluck out both his eyes? In that case, it was because Odin already plucked out on of his eyes and a sacrifice couldn't be offered twice.

Your probably aware with all of this, Lol, its just seeing this thread and your username as the last poster and seeing RKT in a battle reminded me of a certain user who is now relegated to the Comicvine archives.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: If RKT is above elder god level..then why would RKT loose to a celestial?..i don't get it..and where on earth did 7am girl get that celestial/hyperspace/celsetial armour concept from??...check the last picture above...

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: If RKT is above elder god level..then why would RKT loose to a celestial?..i don't get it..and where on earth did 7am girl get that celestial/hyperspace/celsetial armour concept from??...check the last picture above...

Neptune was able to greatly wound Set with an attack, which Set did not retaliate to, as well as defeat an Elder God known as the Wild One. Neptune is a Skyfather level being- after all he is the Patron of Atlantis, but is below Zeus (When Zeus barred Olympians from coming to earth, Neptune didn't object). Zeus is at best at Odin's level, and feats suggest otherwise (there Equality tends to come from Handbooks and statements made by characters like Thor, Dorm, Odin etc).

Feat wise Celestials are above Elder Gods anyway, and a Destroyer Amped Odin with Prep couldn't do any damage to a Celestial which it didn't recover from instantly. When Vishnu, Zeus and Odin combined a blast to hit a Celestial previously, it completely no sold it, and the three Skyfathers bowed in reverence.

Also 7am is very good with MS paint :p, and there has been statements that say the Celestials powers does come from Hyperspace

Right this is the point where I call in on @killemall, who actually has the said scans IIRC, and could probably produce an explanation which makes this seem sub par.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Judging solely by the latest Celestial showing in Uncanny Avengers #7, RKT would win with ridiculous ease.

From the wider array of Celestial showings, a better case for an average Celestial winning is certainly possible.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging solely by the latest Celestial showing in Uncanny Avengers #7, RKT would win with ridiculous ease.

From the wider array of Celestial showings, a better case for an average Celestial winning is certainly possible.

Yes, I am aware of what happened, and I was hoping that no one would mention it >.<

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@laflux said:

@citizenbane said:

Yes, I am aware of what happened, and I was hoping that no one would mention it >.<

No Caption Provided

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Killemall

@laflux said:

am i the only one who hasnt read Uncanny Avengers 07, here it comes out on 25th :( 3 more days to go.

Hearing what Hyper_God said, Celestial being killed by an un-named Asgardian enchanted hammer is pretty poor writing, when we have another Extermination title going on where Celestial are apparently unique in the multiverse and the architect of all creation.

Marvel really need to get their stuff straight.

The first would imply Elder Gods are above Celestial, i would simply ask where did you get that notion from. If Elder Gods were above Celestial, why would Set send his follower to pray Celestial hoping to get their help, why would Set not help out his minions when they were pwned by Celestial. How do you explain Set being trapped into a mystic barrier which he couldnt escape, easily collapsing the said barrier from a depleting energy he gained from Dreaming celestial, bio even solidifies it was only the energy he gained from the celestial that he used to destroy the barrier.

Honestly the best feat from an elder god are :

1. Set affecting various earth with his astral form, just affecting, to what level, how much is never mentioned.

2. Chthon being able to teleport the city of Asgard (when the entire Asgardia, made out of 4 realms is the size of us content just think how small city of Asgard would be) into void beyond our universe.

3. Chthon in Quicksilver, running around earth to effectively warp earth into chaos, a global warp which wasnt even complete.

Then we have some hilarious low showings like Chthon being pushed back to his domain by Spidergirl, Neptune pwning 2 Elder gods in seperate time, Gorr ripping a heart out of an un-named Elder God, Neptune cutting half of Set's essense and sending him back to his domain.

Elder gods are over-wanked without any sort of feats to showcase their powers.

Although Celestial being a hyperspace being is correct, them controlling their armor from a distance universe isnt. Celestial reside inside their armor, weird part is their armor is much biggest inside than it appears from the outside because its made of a hyperspace, and they are being beyond conventional time and space. That however doesnt mean celestial cant be killed with conventional means, you just need to be powerful enough to do so.

@laflux said:

Also 7am is very good with MS paint :p, and there has been statements that say the Celestials powers does come from Hyperspace

Right this is the point where I call in on @killemall, who actually has the said scans IIRC, and could probably produce an explanation which makes this seem sub par.

I am just going to post in few scans , if more is required let me know, just dont feel like going on a scan rampage because its pretty late atm.

Firstly some handbook entries.

Marvel Handbook 2006: Celestial are beyond conventional space and time

No Caption Provided

Marvel Enclyclopedia 2005: Celestial armor is trans-dimesional, linked to hyperspace, and hence far larger in the inside than it is outside

No Caption Provided

More specifically Fantastic Four Annual 26: There are many different origin of Celestial going around but Celestials are essentially unknowable and hence no one knows which is true

So we essential dont know which if anything about Celestial is true, best to go with how they are shown. If they are shown capable of being killing by conventional means thats what they are.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By kidThunder

@laflux: Why what happened in Uncanny avengers #7??..what happened to that celestial? i have read U.Avengers #6..thor vs apo..nice work...@killemall I dont remember getting that notion from anywhere..i myself is clueless about celestial power...and is that all??an elder god feats you stated?..why is it so little...lol

So celestial>elder gods>skyfathers>normal gods?..is this the correct order..?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By dondave

@kidthunder: In the preview Uriel cleaves through a Celestial with the Enchanted Axe Thor used on Apocalypse in the previous issue

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Why what happened in Uncanny avengers #7??..what happened to that celestial? i have read U.Avengers #6..thor vs apo..nice work...@killemall I dont remember getting that notion from anywhere..i myself is clueless about celestial power...and is that all??an elder god feats you stated?..why is it so little...lol

So celestial>elder gods>skyfathers>normal gods?..is this the correct order..?

1. Apparently someone using Asgardian enchanted axe killed a Celestial (havent read it myself, hasnt even come out in my area) which totally contradicts Skyfathers taking hundred of years to stop Celestial and still failing.

2. I dont think Elder Gods were meant to be as powerful as people say, there isnt even any statement saying they are superior. People hear "Elder" and think that says more powerful, fact is they were born first, it was the exact same energies that gave birth to all gods, just being old doesnt make you more powerful.

BTW here is my list of chronology thread, you will find a thread each for Set, Chthon and Atum, 3 elder gods and all their feats, both high and low listed, check yourself

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/killemall/blog/collection-of-my-chronology-threads/89662/

NOTE: you will have to individually click the scan, if they look small try copying it to your computer it looks much better that way. Comicvine shift over kind of screwed with my threads.

3. Celestials > Skyfathers we know that for sure. Skyfather > pantheon gods (at least of their pantheon) thats what we know. No idea how Elder God fits the mix, but feat wise it would rather be Celestials > Skyfathers > Elder gods > other pantheon gods.

Demuirge , the creator however would be above Skyfather but we have no idea how it fairs against Celestial because it has never fought anything.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

you remember how easily the Clestials beat Odin?

do you honestly think two Odins would have faired any better?

try56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By try56

Celestial showing have been too inconsistent. Odin gave Galactus more of a fight than he did to the Celestials. I think Rune King Thor could take on an average celestial but anyone Arishem or higher he would lose.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Killemall

@killemall:

you remember how easily the Clestials beat Odin?

do you honestly think two Odins would have faired any better?

Why not?

Back to the scan about Celestial from Arishem you always use, 3 skyfather pool their power in 1 blast and attack him, he is unscratched. Then he uses a blast several order of magnitude more powerful than their, but he doesnt attack him directly but show them their respective realm, fearing his father skyfather bow them knowing that if they fight he they will all die.

Its clearly shows celestial are far superior to skyfathers.

No Caption Provided

"When the futile bombardment of ceases, the mightiest of the celestials turns from the ngry, immortal gnats at his feet and unleashes his own immeasurably more potent energy through a dimension rift. Three gods pale as one. "

Then we have a normal celestial complete no sell a blast from a pissed off Franklin Richard during Heroes Reborn, they were potrayed as equal.

We have Eson, who should be about a normal celestial, fight against amped up Galactus as peer.

Then look at this statement being made in regards to Adult Franklin Richard

No Caption Provided

Sue Richards: Can he (Adult Franklin) win?

Nathenal Richard : Just Franklin against all 3 remaining Celestials?

Sue Richards: Yes can he?

Nathenal Richard: NO

Just 3 normal celestial.

Marvel is pretty clear on this a celestial is a lot more powerful than any skyfather.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

I'm trying to say RTK would lose

do you think that RTK would win?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: Oh i misread your post, i am making a case for Celestials :) Have been doing so all along .

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By mjolnirson

RKT makes a god blast (RKTGB)= destroy everything.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By X_insignia1

For one, the Celestials have recently been shown to be multiversal, and the actual creators of the multiverse which is confusing to me ( If i'm wrong, I don't mind anyone else correcting/clarifying this for me)

And the only reason Galactus was capable of ripping that Celestial in half was due to him being powered by Franklin (Hickman states this himself) Moreover, the alternate reality Celestials tanking alternate IG's seems more impressive than RKT's showings. An average celestial takes this no doubt.

Avatar image for deactivated-60143218790d8
deactivated-60143218790d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: Your comparison of galactus to other charactars sucked a*ss.. Dorrmammu, surtur and odin are all the same power level.. And mephisto isn't anywhere near as powerful as them, he got beat by thor in side his own realm.. lol.. Galactus isn't even a villian, he needs to feed or the whole universe is at stake. He even said himself that he doesn't kill for the sake of it, and odin never fought eternity. He fought infninty, but your thinking of the wrong one.. Anyways, depending on how powerful the celestial is, rkt might win or lose..

Avatar image for deactivated-60143218790d8
deactivated-60143218790d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: That happens to be arishem, one of the most powerful celestials.. Back then celestials were much more powerful aswell, celestials today are no where near how powerful they were back then. And plus, Skyfathers are weakend when the come to earth..