Rhino vs. Blob

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Fight takes place in downtown Hong Kong.  Who? 

caption
caption

caption
caption

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

rhino.  He might not be able to move blob, but he will be able to pummel him to death.

Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Knightfall

You do mean the Blob with powers right? Anyways I think Rhino takes it.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Knightfall said:
"You do mean the Blob with powers right? Anyways I think Rhino takes it."
The Blob is at full strength.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the creator
the human Juggernaut said:
"rhino.  He might not be able to move blob, but he will be able to pummel him to death."
This is taken from an older OHOTMU entry for the Blob.
Admittedly he had griown in strength from when this was published, achieveing some level of superhuman strength sufficient to tear up 3 foot concrete walkways (as he demonstrated in X-men) as a result of further mutation.

Known Superhuman Powers: The Blob's mutant powers relate to the mass, strength, resilience and indestructibility of his obese body. His primary ability is to become virtually immovable at will as long as he is in contact with the ground. He does this by bonding himself to the earth beneath him by force or will, which in effect creates a monodirectional increase of gravity beneath him. This gravity field extends about five feet in radius from his center of balance. Thus if there is sufficient power to uproot him, it would take the ground beneath his feet in an area corresponding to the radius of the field. Through intense concentration, the Blob is able to extend the gravity field beneath him farther than five feet.

The Blob's body has several unusual properties in itself. The first is its superhuman resistance to injury. The fat tissues that comprise the Blob's epidermis are able to absorb the impact of rifle bullets, cannonballs, bazooka, and even torpedoes. The larger of these projectiles recoil from his body at one half the force of impact. The smaller one imbed themselves in his layers of fat tissue, enabling him to eject them by merely flexing his muscles. The Blob's nerve endings do not relay any tactile perception to his brain which are near the threshold of pain. The fat tissue of his epidermis is resilient enough to revert to its normal shape within second after deformation caused by impact. It is virtually impervious to physical injury. The Blob's skin cannot be punctured, lacerated, frostbitten, or ravaged by any skin disease, due in part to the skin's greatest elasticity and toughness and in part to the highly accelerated rate at which his skin cells grow and replace themselves. His skin is somewhat less resistant to burning.

It is not yet known if there is an upper limit to the Blob's ability to absorb impact. While he could easily survive a head-on collision with a bus traveling at a hundred miles per hour, even a highly ferrous meteorite fifty feet in diameter on top of him at terminal velocity, it is not known whether he could survive a collision with an object traveling at near light speed. Further, it is not known whether his skin's imperviousness to heat could survive the 11,000,000-degree heat at ground zero of a multi-megaton atomic blast.

Special Limitations: Eyes, ears, nose, and mouth are not as resistant to injury as the rest of his body.

Admittedly, if the Rhino tried to target the Blobs eyes or ears, this could cause more damage but the Blob is an reasonably experienced hand to hand fighter - so he should be able to guard himself somewhat. However, the Rhino's best blows and even his charge will be unlikely to hurt or move the Blob and the Blob's blows (with his superhuman strength) might ultimately be enough to put the Rhino down (but I doubt it).
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Darkchild

I do love reading Creators curbage of peoples opinions in a battle.

BLOB FOR THE WIN

Dark Patron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark Patron

Nice post Creator.

Blob wins.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hadrelius

Does the Blob win just because he can take the blows from the Rhino?

What could he truly do to the Rhino?

Dark Patron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dark Patron
Alpha said:
"Does the Blob win just because he can take the blows from the Rhino?

What could he truly do to the Rhino?"
Sit on him. lol
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the creator
Alpha said:
"Does the Blob win just because he can take the blows from the Rhino?

What could he truly do to the Rhino?"

the creator said:
 However, the Rhino's best blows and even his charge will be unlikely to hurt or move the Blob and the Blob's blows (with his superhuman strength) might ultimately be enough to put the Rhino down (but I doubt it)."

The Rhino, even without the suit, was superhumanly durable (but not to penetrative type attacks), so he was able to take super strong blows. This is likely due to the fact that his bodily materials have been enhanced to enable him to lift 80 tonnes (on the Marvel strength scale). His suit further enhances this aspect of his durability, but also grants him superhuman resistance to temeprerature extremes and the ability to resist penetrative attacks. For instance he can withstand LAW rockets and the OHOTMU quoted him being able to take an explosion equal to 1 tonne of TNT.
Rhino has traded blows with the Thing, Ironman, Doc Samson and the Hulk.
Can the blows of the Blob KO Rhino seeing how tough he is ?
The Blob's superhuman strength I don't think was ever truely defined. However to tear up concrete like he did would need strength somewhere between 10 - 20 tonnes I think.
Spiderman's repeated blows (at 10 tonnes) have hurt Rhino before (usually targeting his face) but Spideman could rapidly punch him and avoid being hit back or captured.

Overall, it would be an interesting one as Rhino can restrain Blob (pin his arms) but no do too much damage to him (except maybe headbutting Blob's face with his horm might work - get to those eye's and ears - but he may not be smart enough for this). Likewise I don't think Blob sould do too much to Rhino either but he could try and grab Rhino's arms in his bulk as he has done with others who have punched in the past.

If I had to pick one for a win I would say Blob, as he is smarter and could provoke Rhino and maybe get Rhino to tire himself out (which would take several hours at least).
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
I think the Fat Boy ( Blob ) would win here...
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Tevnoba

Blob wins, Rhino will tire first.  Nothing the Rhino can do will really affect the Blob - he has withstood repeated attacks against the Hulk and not felt it.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ego

only the juggernaut was able to lift the blob.

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ego said:
"only the juggernaut was able to lift the blob."
Magneto threw him in the air.

and I think Strong Guy moved him, right?
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By Zoom

Blob.  Though weaker, he's enough tougher to make up for it.

Like creator said, if Rhino went for the eyes, he could win but we all know Rhino isn't that smart.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ego

magneto is differnt because he mentally picked up te blob by usage of forcefields. and i'm sure blob did not activate his gravity powers. but even if he did, magneto can create anti gravity. strong guy could lift the blob too potentially, but i think he needs to be slapped hard a few times by the blob. but when blob activates his gravity powers, he can be as heavy as the whole earth.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ego said:
"magneto is differnt because he mentally picked up te blob by usage of forcefields. and i'm sure blob did not activate his gravity powers. but even if he did, magneto can create anti gravity. strong guy could lift the blob too potentially, but i think he needs to be slapped hard a few times by the blob. but when blob activates his gravity powers, he can be as heavy as the whole earth."
No, he can't be heavy as the whole earth... Where the hell did you get that from?

The_Creator said:

The Blob can through concentration expand the area of 'localiased gravity' (or what ever it is) below his feet, out in theory to a around 3 meters.

The Hulk lifted him, Magneto lifted him by uprooting the ground under him, Strong Guy moved him, and Juggernaut moved him.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Zoom

Just don't listen to Ego.  Not even worth arguing with.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Meteorite

The Blobinator

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ego
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Ego said:
"magneto is differnt because he mentally picked up te blob by usage of forcefields. and i'm sure blob did not activate his gravity powers. but even if he did, magneto can create anti gravity. strong guy could lift the blob too potentially, but i think he needs to be slapped hard a few times by the blob. but when blob activates his gravity powers, he can be as heavy as the whole earth."
No, he can't be heavy as the whole earth... Where the hell did you get that from?

The_Creator said:

The Blob can through concentration expand the area of 'localiased gravity' (or what ever it is) below his feet, out in theory to a around 3 meters.

The Hulk lifted him, Magneto lifted him by uprooting the ground under him, Strong Guy moved him, and Juggernaut moved him."

we can be as heavy as the earth when he activates his personal gravity. you won't be able to lift him unless you separate him from the earth..
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ego said:
"The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Ego said:

The_Creator said:

The Hulk lifted him, Magneto lifted him by uprooting the ground under him, Strong Guy moved him, and Juggernaut moved him."

we can be as heavy as the earth when he activates his personal gravity. you won't be able to lift him unless you separate him from the earth..
No.... That has never been said so I'm pretty sure you made that up....

Unless you have proof?
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ego
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Ego said:
"The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Ego said:

The_Creator said:

No.... That has never been said so I'm pretty sure you made that up....

Unless you have proof?"

since you always seem to think i make things up. i'll let the creator varify that for you.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Rhino

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ego
Vance Astro said:
"Rhino"
how? the blob only weighs over 200lbs but once he turns on the gravity, he can weigh as much as the earth below him. rhino would just sink inside of blob's skin.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Ego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rhino"
how? the blob only weighs over 200lbs but once he turns on the gravity, he can weigh as much as the earth below him. rhino would just sink inside of blob's skin."
So..Rhino is like class 90..Rhino can flick 200lbs.
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ego
Vance Astro said:
"Ego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rhino"
how? the blob only weighs over 200lbs but once he turns on the gravity, he can weigh as much as the earth below him. rhino would just sink inside of blob's skin."
So..Rhino is like class 90..Rhino can flick 200lbs."
tha'ts true, but can he flick 200 tons? that's once blob activates his personal gravity.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the creator

The Blob can be lifted.
The Hulk did this. What happened was that when he lifted the Blob, he tore the earth that the Blob's gravity field was holding on to, up as well.
If the Blob had extended his gravity field even further then it may have been harder for the Hulk to do or if the Blob had been stabding on something far stronger than just grass and earth.
The effect of the Blob's power. to extend his gravity field, appears to mean that a person trying to move him has to move a bigger object. I very much doubt that the Blob can extend his gravity field to encompass an object much bigger than 20 or 30 meters in diameter, based on his normal field being just 5 feet from his center of balance and this would take all of his concentration.
The key thing for the Blob to stand on very durable materials that his opponent would have to also rip up when attampting to move the Blob.
So for instance, if he stood on a continent made from Adamantium, the person trying to move him would have to lift the continent as well as the Adamantium would not tear or break.
However the Blob could not become as heavy / immovable as the Earth as it would require that he stood on a planet made of Adamantium of a similar durable material so that the material would not tear or break. Otherwise he is movable, but just very very difficult to move.
The Blob's highest weight was around 900 lbs (after his secondary mutation).

Avatar image for thorownzsuperman
thorownzsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thorownzsuperman

rhino

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By why so serious

Rhino is stronger.
pulamea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pulamea

rhino punch in the face and kills the fat guy

CrazyBuffalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CrazyBuffalo

The Blob wins.  There is nothing Rhino can do to move or hurt Blob.  I am curious how Rhino wins...so anyone saying Rhino, please provide an explanation.  Rhino will charge at The Blob, cause zero damage, and tire himself out.  Blob probably couldn't kill him or even knock him out, but he could definitely incapacitate him.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By XLR87T3

The Blob will bounce him off his stomach and he'll go flyin'...
bigmedlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bigmedlock

Blob is much stronger and is more swift than he looks and dose not get tired so think rhino will run out of energy get bashed up to scrap then get put down .BLOB FOR THE WIN BUT IN A NICE FIGHT !

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blob

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Blob wins. There is nothing Rhino can do to move or hurt Blob. I am curious how Rhino wins...so anyone saying Rhino, please provide an explanation. Rhino will charge at The Blob, cause zero damage, and tire himself out. Blob probably couldn't kill him or even knock him out, but he could definitely incapacitate him.

how susceptible is blob to piercing weapons?

matthew1061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

According to Marvel Handbook, Blob is highly resistant to impact, penetration and even heat based attacks.

The Hulk has also lifted the Blob and the result was interesting. Blob is able to attach himself to the ground beneath him. He doesn't weigh as much as the planet earth but lifting him is like trying to lift a good sized chunk of real estate.

Rhino is really strong but is not as strong as Hulk or Juggernaut. Maybe he could lift Blob, but I doubt it. And Blob has tanked punched form the Hulk and Colossus, I don't think Rhino's punch or even his charge, can do more than that.

And I don't think Blob is strong enough to do much to Rhino either. It takes even the Hulk a number of good hits to take Rhino down.

It looks like a legitimate draw.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Blob is virtually immune to pointy things. Just ask Wolverine.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Marvel Handbook, Blob is highly resistant to impact, penetration and even heat based attacks.

The Hulk has also lifted the Blob and the result was interesting. Blob is able to attach himself to the ground beneath him. He doesn't weigh as much as the planet earth but lifting him is like trying to lift a good sized chunk of real estate.

Rhino is really strong but is not as strong as Hulk or Juggernaut. Maybe he could lift Blob, but I doubt it. And Blob has tanked punched form the Hulk and Colossus, I don't think Rhino's punch or even his charge, can do more than that.

And I don't think Blob is strong enough to do much to Rhino either. It takes even the Hulk a number of good hits to take Rhino down.

It looks like a legitimate draw.

StrawHatLuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Blob wins. There is nothing Rhino can do to move or hurt Blob. I am curious how Rhino wins...so anyone saying Rhino, please provide an explanation. Rhino will charge at The Blob, cause zero damage, and tire himself out. Blob probably couldn't kill him or even knock him out, but he could definitely incapacitate him.

Rhino could easily punch him in the face or side of the head since his eyes and ears aren't as resistant to injury

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blob stomps.

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mr-luxcipher

Stalemate or Rhino.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Hercules can't harm Blob, Rhino isn't doing any better:

No Caption Provided

MARVEL53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOT ONLY CAN HE NOT HARM BLOB BLOB IS A LITTLE STRONGER THAN RHYNO ISENT HE ONCE RHINO GETS TIERD THAT'S A OPEN OPERTUNITY FOR THE BIG GUY ..BLOB FOR THE WIN

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blob wins

DesolatorStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blob's power is essentially a counter to physical attacks, so I believe due to that nature, Rhino's not going to win a fistfight. Not gonna NLF Blob, but I don't think Rhino's at the level that overcome the absorption. However, I don't believe he's entirely immune to sharp attacks, so the horn might be a useful advantage for Rhino. I lean towards Blob.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers