lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@batman242: Holding a conversation with Captain Atom in space between seconds and also save people.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@charliejade: Once you remove powerful enemies like Zoom and Grodd you soon see Flash has a terrible rogue's gallery

You forgot Savitar. You might also want to watch the language . Just a friendly reminder, as the Mods may lack my easy going personality and/or sense of humor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charliejade: You should read more comics.... Captain Cold no longer use guns,after used a genoma recorder he's now a metahuman capable to generate/manipulate ice,can slow down the molecules around,more importantly is the inertia field.

The cold gun isn't magic..

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes i know its not magic but the gun may as well describe as being magic because the gun has plot device uses like generating 'field of absolute zero'. Cold was always a nasty human with a super magic gun, that's how he was in the Bronze Age, that's how he was wrote and animated in DCAU, that's how he was in Earth II, that's how he was in BTBATB, that's how he was in Young Justice, that's how he was in Video Games, that's how he was in New Earth......only Geoff Johns is trying to write him meta human, kind of ice-man-ish but unable to control his powers fully and he still doesn't have the speed feats to stop himself getting blitzed

*Bell Rings*

and before Cold can re-act, Quicksilver kills him with thousands of punches

You forgot Savitar.

thanks, yeah forgot about Savitar

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes i know its not magic but the gun may as well describe as being magic because the gun has plot device uses like generating 'field of absolute zero'. Cold was always a nasty human with a super magic gun, that's how he was in the Bronze Age, that's how he was wrote and animated in DCAU, that's how he was in Earth II, that's how he was in BTBATB, that's how he was in Young Justice, that's how he was in Video Games, that's how he was in New Earth......only Geoff Johns is trying to write him meta human, kind of ice-man-ish but unable to control his powers fully and he still doesn't have the speed feats to stop himself getting blitzed

*Bell Rings*

and before Cold can re-act, Quicksilver kills him with thousands of punches

@heraldofganthet said:

You forgot Savitar.

thanks, yeah forgot about Savitar

Anyone that tries to push the cartoons having a higher cannon authority than the comics, shouldn't be taken seriously, not to mention that the bronze age lasted shorter than the modern age.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charliejade: You ever pay attention to what I said!!!

Read new 52 Flash ongoing before comment,because:

1) Geoff Johns doesn't write it,Francis Manapul does

2) Captain Cold has full control of his powers and doesn't need to be a speedster to beat another.

3) The inertia field slow down Flash's speed to human levels,so Quicksilver can't get closer.

Flash probably not have a great rogues gallery, but at least he has one and always had his or her own ongoing series. Besides Zoom,Grodd and Savitar,Flash rogues gallery has The Top andMirror Master,moreover villains are not only interesting because of powers, feats,weapons or look, but because their personalities.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days
@heraldofganthet said:

@ancient_0f_days:

HTF does Quicksilver survive this?

No, not at all...pre-52 Cold hangs with Wally, New 52 Cold is just as dangerous.......

@charliejade: Post a scan of Pietro hitting someone a thousand times in the face, I'll wait. Till you do, Captain Cold stomps.

I'll give Quicksilver some credit where it's due, he has used his speed quite effectively, even though he never really uses it effectively on anybody particularly fast or with notably great super reflexes. Dodging lightning is probably the best feat he's got .....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But that's against people who don't have or utilize super reaction speed regularly like Cold who has to in order to take on Flash and be a threat by himself. Even Spider-Man and Hulk can all react to Quicksilver. He wasn't fast enough to move out of the path of Thor's area of effect attack. Flash and his Rouges are on a higher level of speed altogether.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't even wan't to bring up something as non canon, unhelpful and useless as the crossover when Wally punked Pietro but I'll do it for the sake of lulz....

No Caption Provided

Pietro wouldn't even make it past the cold field, he wouldn't even see it coming either, all Pietro likes to do is charge in head first in most cases which will be his death against Cold....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Captain Cold has proven himself capable of reacting at speeds that are definitely superhuman and he always takes precucions when facing speedsters, like Flash for example...

If you thought Pietro will be breaking the cold field or anything stupid like that, you'd be wrong....

No Caption Provided

Even New 52 Cold can beat Pietro ...

No Caption Provided

Cold wins in a stomp.

Thirteen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Thirteen13
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything you Flash fanboys have made the argument worse for yourselves

Which Cold is it now? Is it nu-52 Geoff/JimLee Cold you are putting against Quicksilver?

Or is it Cold from mainstream NewEarth you are putting against Quicksilver?

Normally if someone posts a thread Superman vs....... or Manhunter vs.....people will assume mainstream NewEarth

Either way it doesn't matter, you Flash fanboys have only proven Cold loses, from the scan above we see Quicksilver covering 3 hundreds and forty seven miles in 3.7 seconds and punching Magento in the face, dodging lightning and blitzing other people

Posting PIS scans of Quicksilver getting tagged by Gambit or Wolverine is dumb....Quicksilver is fast enough to watch bullets hang motionless in the air as he dances around attacks and punches other opponents with hundreds of blows. PIS scans are just that. Plot Induced Stupidty

I could post plenty of scans of Batman, Death stoke and Bank Robbers hitting the Flash, it does not mean its possible or a canon feat, PIS is just PIS

Mister X, perhaps one of Marvel's top martial artist, a mind reader and a mutant was able to blitz the hell out of the Avengers, Hawkeye, Moonstone, the Vision....all fell down before him. He even fought multiple Avengers and Thunderbolts members all at the same time and a lot of these Avengers had confirmed super speed feats, not one-off PIS but many comics with super speed and Mister X blitzed the hell out of them

Mister X had the spear of Odin....which is a lot more powerful than a Cold gun

Quicksilver arrives, Mister X looks motionless like a snail, Quicksilver turns him into road kill, breaking every bone in his body

Quicksilver too fast for a mutant like Mister X and Quicksilver is way too fast for a street leveler with a gun

Cold has only shown HUMAN LEVEL reactions in the above scans, Captain Cold loses badly

Quicksilver stomps

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything you Flash fanboys have made the argument worse for yourselves

Which Cold is it now? Is it nu-52 Geoff/JimLee Cold you are putting against Quicksilver?

Or is it Cold from mainstream NewEarth you are putting against Quicksilver?

Normally if someone posts a thread Superman vs....... or Manhunter vs.....people will assume mainstream NewEarth

Either way it doesn't matter, you Flash fanboys have only proven Cold loses, from the scan above we see Quicksilver covering 3 hundreds and forty seven miles in 3.7 seconds and punching Magento in the face, dodging lightning and blitzing other people

Posting PIS scans of Quicksilver getting tagged by Gambit or Wolverine is dumb....Quicksilver is fast enough to watch bullets hang motionless in the air as he dances around attacks and punches other opponents with hundreds of blows. PIS scans are just that. Plot Induced Stupidty

I could post plenty of scans of Batman, Death stoke and Bank Robbers hitting the Flash, it does not mean its possible or a canon feat, PIS is just PIS

Mister X, perhaps one of Marvel's top martial artist, a mind reader and a mutant was able to blitz the hell out of the Avengers, Hawkeye, Moonstone, the Vision....all fell down before him. He even fought multiple Avengers and Thunderbolts members all at the same time and a lot of these Avengers had confirmed super speed feats, not one-off PIS but many comics with super speed and Mister X blitzed the hell out of them

Mister X had the spear of Odin....which is a lot more powerful than a Cold gun

Quicksilver arrives, Mister X looks motionless like a snail, Quicksilver turns him into road kill, breaking every bone in his body

Quicksilver too fast for a mutant like Mister X and Quicksilver is way too fast for a street leveler with a gun

Cold has only shown HUMAN LEVEL reactions in the above scans, Captain Cold loses badly

Quicksilver stomps

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@charliejade

Flash get's hit in comic's by various foes because it'd be incredibly boring to read about a hero that literally just runs around robbing every living foe of it's speed and punching them thousands of times with IMPS. Speedsters are so incredibly "broken" when you look at them on paper, they're incredibly powerful and in the case of the Flash his ability to rob other beings of their speed is quite terrifying.

We're not dealing with Flash here, we're dealing with Quicksilver, who is slower than Flash, who has never demonstrated any Speed Stealing to my knowledge, he's just your traditional Speedster.

The Cold Field doesn't require Cold to aim at a specific target & tag it, he just has to shoot his gun to set it up. The moment that Quicksilver even makes an ATTEMPT to strike Cold he's suddenly slowed down, he's not moving at his Super Speeds anymore, he's become a slower target that could be tagged by Cold's gun, not the field in this case, the actual gun.

If it wasn't for the fact that Captain Cold is specifically designed to take on a foe whose main deal is speed ( Flash ) then it probably wouldn't be that easy, and the fight wouldn't be leaning so heavily against Quicksilver, the fact of the matter is that Captain Cold's entire history has him dealing with a Speedster. He's been tailored to fight people that move much faster than him, and he's grown more experienced during each of his battles, his reaction time would be, and is, INCREDIBLE.

Like I said earlier though, he's not relying on reaction time, he doesn't have to, once an object enters that Cold Field it is robbed of it's kinetic energy, speedster or not that field will slow you down ASAP.

None of the above scans featured Quicksilver having any experiences with a foe who could slow him down or rob him of his speed. This thread isn't saying that Quicksilver is a crapshoot, he's actually a pretty cool speedster, but up against a Speedsters Kyrptonite ( Captain Cold ) he doesn't have many options.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@charliejade: Wow, Hobo. More than 4 troll posts on the same thread before slinking away with your tail between your legs for a week to avoid a ban, that's some kinda record for you, ain't it?

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charliejade:

It's obvious you've never read a single issue with Captain Cold in it. Just stop.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@charliejade: Batman and Deathstroke would own Quicksilver too....

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Folks, keep in mind that Pietro at his most powerful is when the writers don't understand his character at all and have him pulling off ridonkulous ftl feats. Quicksilver in character has said he's a supersonic speedster because running any faster would harm him on a biological level. Morals on, he's still gonna run about as fast as those bullets that Cold was able to stop.

1. Morals on: Pietro's going supersonic for personal safety.

2. Previous knowledge: If Cold knows this is happening, he's putting the field up beforehand; so arguments about his actual reaction time are irrelevant. Quicksilver with knowledge probably won't make a move unless he gets cocky, which he does have a way of doing.

3. Most Powerful Quicksilver: Like I said, will either be a time-jumper or violate his own personal morals. Again, irrelevant.

Per this particular battle's rules, Cold either outright kills Pietro or it ends up being a stalemate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charliejade: Cursing people to support your argument is silly,everyone brought reasonable opinions to this debate. If the debaters are supporting Captin Cold,is because they have something to prove it,they aren't fanboys. There is no need for such rudeness,this is a discussion about comics and not politics.

Please read the battle forum

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey at least Quicksilver will be in a movie before Captain Lame, that's gotta count for something. But yeah Captain Cold wins.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By nickthedevil

Hey... My scans ftw :)

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A slower, blue and silver version of Flash who's highest is pretty much Mach 5 vs a guy who has the reflexes to tag Flash on a regular basis, and a cold field that can slow Flash down to a crawl?

Captain Cold, without too much difficulty.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charliejade:

You should realzie that his punches must not hurt ythat much since he moved at Mach 5 and when he punched Magneto(Which was also a sneak attack) it didn't KO him at all. It just had a nose bleed.

And calm down. It's just a comic character and about some guy who freezes stuff and another who runs fast. It's not a big deal. You don't have to curse people out because they have an opinion. It's a debate, you debate about who wins, not just curse them out and call them idiots or fanboys.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: On the subject of the gambit scan I believe thats from contest champions 3 and I don't think its canon (could be wrong about the source).

A slower, blue and silver version of Flash who's highest is pretty much Mach 5 vs a guy who has the reflexes to tag Flash on a regular basis, and a cold field that can slow Flash down to a crawl?

Captain Cold, without too much difficulty.

IIRC quicksilver did once run around the world in 92 seconds so he does seem faster then mach 5.

Captain cold does still take this handily though. Probably a stomp.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By AngryHulks

@wardemon32 said:

@charliejade:

You should realzie that his punches must not hurt ythat much since he moved at Mach 5 and when he punched Magneto(Which was also a sneak attack) it didn't KO him at all. It just had a nose bleed.

And calm down. It's just a comic character and about some guy who freezes stuff and another who runs fast. It's not a big deal. You don't have to curse people out because they have an opinion. It's a debate, you debate about who wins, not just curse them out and call them idiots or fanboys.

By physics, Quicksilver's punch should hit as hard as an artillery shell.

Probably because Magneto has durability (we all know Magneto can amp his durability to superhuman level). In other instance, Quicksilver may just hold back his punch.

And I'm sure pretty when Flash fought Cold, he hold back his speed as usual, I'm sure it's below Mach 10.

Just dropping by to make a point.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Wardemon32

@angryhulks:

He was trying to save Iris so I doubt he was thinking "Let me run this slow while she is about to die!". Or why would hey hold back so much if Caltain Cold is already slowing him down? If someone is slowing you down wouldn't you think to run faster?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Hey... My scans ftw :)

That's right, Rouges respect thread FTW. (and rouges vs injustice league)

@jashro44 said:

@ancient_0f_days: On the subject of the gambit scan I believe thats from contest champions 3 and I don't think its canon (could be wrong about the source).

na, contest champions was made in the 80's right? This art had to be 90's and up....

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks:

He was trying to save Iris so I doubt he was thinking "Let me run this slow while she is about to die!". Or why would hey hold back so much if Caltain Cold is already slowing him down? If someone is slowing you down wouldn't you think to run faster?

How about what if Wally was running at full speed before Captain Cold shoot him? Flash can't get miraculously frozen at the beginning of the fight.

If Flash is running at near-light speed or faster, the narration usually popped up and say that he did. Almost of all Flash's feats are when he is going faster-than-light or at it, most of the time he'll run no faster than several Mach.

Bloodlusted Flash would kill unprepared Captain Cold without effort even if he run only several times the speed of bullet.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: there has been more then one contest of champions. Iirc god_spawn told me it was a fan voted thing in contest of champions 2 (my mistake for saying 3).

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@jashro44: Just looked it up, you're correct. Thanks for the heads up

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does any of this matter? Again, Cold is walking in with knowledge and with the field up, and morals are on.

In a purely random encounter where Pietro suddenly wants Len dead and Len has no acknowledgement of Pietro being there, of course Quicksilver takes it. But that'd be a pretty uneven battle thread, lol.

I like this one; it's pretty even since, with knowledge, they'd probably just skirt around each other and call it a draw by 5 hours later, at most. :D

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger: Cold can simply wait for Pietro to run into his invisible cold field and die......

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mightyrearranger

@ancient_0f_days said:

@mightyrearranger: Cold can simply wait for Pietro to run into his invisible cold field and die......

Haha, exactly. But what I'm saying is that since both have knowledge of their opponent, Cold will know enough to walk in with the Cold Field blazing and Quicksilver will know enough to steer clear of the field.

UNLESS Pietro gets cocky and thinks he can breach the field, which is totally in character for him to think...

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks:

Bloodlusted Flash would kill unprepared Captain Cold without effort even if he run only several times the speed of bullet.

If a bullet goes thorugh absolute zero than it freezes right there.

How about what if Wally was running at full speed before Captain Cold shoot him? Flash can't get miraculously frozen at the beginning of the fight.

Quicksilver isn't Flash though.

If Flash is running at near-light speed or faster, the narration usually popped up and say that he did. Almost of all Flash's feats are when he is going faster-than-light or at it, most of the time he'll run no faster than several Mach.

No it's when he's doing something significant during light speed. Even when he's with teh JLA and they say "I'm going to be here in X amount of time he always complains about how that would take forever and that he can get to this point in X amount of seconds.

They don't need to say he's going light speed to think he's light speed. Why would he just go a few machs when he can go far above that and get to the destination quicker...something he likes to do?

But what makes you say that he only goes a few mach and not atleast near light speed?

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AngryHulks

@wardemon32 said:

@angryhulks:

If a bullet goes thorugh absolute zero than it freezes right there.

Quicksilver isn't Flash though.

No it's when he's doing something significant during light speed. Even when he's with teh JLA and they say "I'm going to be here in X amount of time he always complains about how that would take forever and that he can get to this point in X amount of seconds.

They don't need to say he's going light speed to think he's light speed. Why would he just go a few machs when he can go far above that and get to the destination quicker...something he likes to do?

But what makes you say that he only goes a few mach and not atleast near light speed?

That's not the main point, I'm not debating about Quicksilver now but rather Captain Cold's weaknesses, do you seriously think that Captain Cold have his absolute zero field up 24/7? Did you think it magically appear from his body? My point is what if he's unprepared. What if he's taking a shower? Flash could just kill him running at the speed of bullet, right there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not the main point, I'm not debating about Quicksilver now but rather Captain Cold's weaknesses, do you seriously think that Captain Cold have his absolute zero field up 24/7? Did you think it magically appear from his body? My point is what if he's unprepared. What if he's taking a shower? Flash could just kill him running at the speed of bullet, right there.

Let's go again.

1) Captain Cold is now a metahuman,obviously the absolute zero field isn't up everyday if that were the case would kill everyone around.

2) About the shower,he's already demonstrated to be immune to his own powers. If you want exploit a real good weakness,you can say can take out the air running around it.

3) Flash couldn't beat him,because the inertia field (Scan below,read Flash though in the right side) and yes he can't turn this off.

No Caption Provided

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks said:

Let's go again.

1) Captain Cold is now a metahuman,obviously the absolute zero field isn't up everyday if that were the case would kill everyone around.

2) About the shower,he's already demonstrated to be immune to his own powers. If you want exploit a real good weakness,you can say can take out the air running around it.

3) Flash couldn't beat him,because the inertia field (Scan below,read Flash though in the right side) and yes he can't turn this off.

No Caption Provided

Well, that's New 52 Captain Cold, obviously.

And about showering, I didn't mean he'll hurt himself while showering, and I'm talking about pre-52 Captain Cold here. I'm saying that if he's taking shower (thus he have no equipment or stuffs), even street levelers would murdered him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have nothing left to say other than it's still possible for Quicksilver to beat Captain Cold in certain situation.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver has my vote.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Wardemon32

@angryhulks:

But were using New-52 so how is Pre-52 even relevant?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How is this not locked yet?

This has been done before, and it's spite.