• 64 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for cody1984
#1 Edited by cody1984 (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali is in his prime, Punisher is Max version not 616, both are bloodlusted, no prep, no morals, anything goes in a fight to the death in the octagon.      

 

 


 

 
 



 

 
 


 

Avatar image for comicstooge
#2 Posted by ComicStooge (21595 posts) - - Show Bio

Castle snaps his neck.
Avatar image for not2baad
#3 Posted by not2baad (663 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali wins easy.

Avatar image for nefarious
#4 Posted by Nefarious (32328 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher one-shots the Champ.

Online
Avatar image for izzr
#5 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm pretty close but id say Ali takes it

Avatar image for king_saturn
#6 Posted by King Saturn (220490 posts) - - Show Bio
Punisher would probably win... even though Muhammad Ali is a Great Boxing Champion... he does not have skills in any other fighting style... Frank should have skills in Submission Techniques... and probably could get Ali to the ground or choke him out... something along those lines... Punisher would be a fool to just stand up and slug it out with The Greatest of All Time... 
Avatar image for susanoo
#7 Posted by Susanoo (6150 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:


                    Punisher would probably win... even though Muhammad Ali is a Great Boxing Champion... he does not have skills in any other fighting style... Frank should have skills in Submission Techniques... and probably could get Ali to the ground or choke him out... something along those lines... Punisher would be a fool to just stand up and slug it out with The Greatest of All Time... 

                   

               
Avatar image for charlie_jade
#8 Posted by Charlie_Jade (549 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank wins, you could smash his body with ironbars and have a car roll over his face and he'd keep coming back for more. Frank's damage soak is insane and he doesn't mess around, most strikes Frank uses are there to kill. Ali plays around too much and never had a knock out punch.

In a boxing match Ali would dance and dominate with a flurry of punches but this ain't boxing

Avatar image for thetmac
#9 Posted by TheTmac (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Punisher one-shots the Champ.
Avatar image for captain_awesome85
#10 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (476 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali's fist is the size of Punisher's head, if this was anything but H2H its no contest but some of you need to watch an Ali fight on youtube and see how fast this 6'3" 236 lb was. Not to mention hi 80" REACH, he could KO Castle from over 6 1/2 feet away.

Avatar image for equonox
#11 Posted by Equonox (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

Ali's fist is the size of Punisher's head, if this was anything but H2H its no contest but some of you need to watch an Ali fight on youtube and see how fast this 6'3" 236 lb was. Not to mention hi 80" REACH, he could KO Castle from over 6 1/2 feet away.

While I agree w/ most of what you said, including Ali winning here, that last part...no.

Avatar image for falconpuuunch
#12 Posted by FalconPuuunch (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher Max was a sh*t h2h fighter if I remember correctly.

Avatar image for captain_awesome85
#13 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (476 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equonox said:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

Ali's fist is the size of Punisher's head, if this was anything but H2H its no contest but some of you need to watch an Ali fight on youtube and see how fast this 6'3" 236 lb was. Not to mention hi 80" REACH, he could KO Castle from over 6 1/2 feet away.

While I agree w/ most of what you said, including Ali winning here, that last part...no.

Lol, fair enough. Would this change your mind?

2814675-superman_vs._muhammad_ali_1.jpg
Avatar image for equonox
#14 Posted by Equonox (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85: lol about his reach? I don't think so

Avatar image for captain_awesome85
#15 Edited by Captain_Awesome85 (476 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equonox: Misread, thought you meant about him winning(when I speed read from time to time I get a little dyslectic :P). I got the reach info from wiki so it may be suspect

Avatar image for charlie_jade
#16 Posted by Charlie_Jade (549 posts) - - Show Bio

poor Superman

Avatar image for thedude123
#17 Posted by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali. His superior genetics and skills would garner him the win.

Avatar image for nickzambuto
#18 Posted by nickzambuto (25672 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh?

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
#19 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: Superior genetics?

Avatar image for equonox
#20 Posted by Equonox (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

@TheSwordsman: Superior genetics?

Yea that rubbed me as awkward/possibly racist as well...lol

Avatar image for thedude123
#21 Edited by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

@TheSwordsman: Superior genetics?

Yes. Top tier professional athlete genetics. Randy Couture has superior genetics as well. as does Jr Dos Santos and many others of varying ethnicities.

@Equonox said:

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

@TheSwordsman: Superior genetics?

Yea that rubbed me as awkward/possibly racist as well...lol

There was nothing bigoted about it and we are all the same human race. Ali was arguably the best professional boxer of all times i.e superior genetics. George St Pierre has superior genetics also as does Cain Velasquez and many others of varying ethnicities.

To the both of you: As a general rule those with superior genetics are the ones capable of competing in professional sports, and professional athletes are of all skin colors and ethnicities.

Avatar image for hyiena
#22 Posted by hyiena (3257 posts) - - Show Bio

They have superior training and Willpower maybe you can't say there Genetics are superior unless you prove there parents or children are great in the same things.

Avatar image for goddamnironman
#23 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@Equonox said:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

Ali's fist is the size of Punisher's head, if this was anything but H2H its no contest but some of you need to watch an Ali fight on youtube and see how fast this 6'3" 236 lb was. Not to mention hi 80" REACH, he could KO Castle from over 6 1/2 feet away.

While I agree w/ most of what you said, including Ali winning here, that last part...no.

Lol, fair enough. Would this change your mind?

2814675-superman_vs._muhammad_ali_1.jpg

How much they paid Supes?

Avatar image for goddamnironman
#24 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic books character > Real life people.

Fictions FTW

Avatar image for bo88gdan
#25 Posted by Bo88gdan (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher

Avatar image for thedude123
#26 Edited by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

They have superior training and Willpower maybe you can't say there Genetics are superior unless you prove there parents or children are great in the same things.

No they have superior speed, agility, reflexes, strength etc or a combination of those and other traits. Two people of mediocre genetics can produce a child with superior genetics and a mother and father who never played baseball can produce a professional baseball player.

Avatar image for thedude123
#27 Edited by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

Comic books character > Real life people.

Fictions FTW

Ali is both a real life person and a comic book character. See below:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@Equonox said:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

Ali's fist is the size of Punisher's head, if this was anything but H2H its no contest but some of you need to watch an Ali fight on youtube and see how fast this 6'3" 236 lb was. Not to mention hi 80" REACH, he could KO Castle from over 6 1/2 feet away.

While I agree w/ most of what you said, including Ali winning here, that last part...no.

Lol, fair enough. Would this change your mind?

2814675-superman_vs._muhammad_ali_1.jpg
Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
#28 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (322 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry it just sounded odd, plus it is not necessarily superior genetics since most people have the potential to accomplish everything most Olympians have its all about commitment and willpower.

Avatar image for thedude123
#29 Posted by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

Sorry it just sounded odd, plus it is not necessarily superior genetics since most people have the potential to accomplish everything most Olympians have its all about commitment and willpower.

Wrong most people do not have what it takes to accomplish what most Olympic athletes accomplish through commitment and will. Olympic athletes are genetically gifted individuals which is why they compete at such a high level and set and break records. An average person with average speed will not ever defeat an Olympic sprinter even if the averge person trains as hard and commits to training in the exact same manner as the Olympic sprinter. The Olympic sprinter will win every time because he is genetically pre-disposed to being faster i.e. superior genetics.

Avatar image for charlie_jade
#30 Posted by Charlie_Jade (549 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

How much they paid Supes?

Superman wasn't jobbing

He was depowered by kryptonite or a red star or something....so they would have equalized strengths

I'll try find the scans

Avatar image for pokergeist
#31 Posted by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Punisher... not really a debate here. lol.

Avatar image for equonox
#32 Posted by Equonox (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: You sound like Brucie from GTA IV.

Avatar image for neongamewave
#33 Posted by NeonGameWave (19273 posts) - - Show Bio

The Punisher punishes.

Avatar image for beefiestname
#34 Posted by BeefiestName (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Castle, groin kick, round 1. Easy win. A one trick pony can't beat a grizzled and experienced killer like Castle in a fight to the death.

Avatar image for dondave
#35 Posted by dondave (41315 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher

Avatar image for pyrogram
#36 Posted by Pyrogram (45184 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: Super genetics? are you actually being serious? The only gene that could and does help a sprinter is the X gene ( not really, but its what they call it ) and is found in 1/3rd of black descendants in America beacuse of slavery.. Long story short stronger slaves survived meaning stronger off spring. No such thing as a super gene though, everybody has it in them to be an Olympic athlete it is just down to environmental factors and actually getting off your ass and training. Rather than being lazy and say" I can't do it because I do not have a super gene blah blah blah"

Avatar image for thedude123
#37 Posted by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equonox said:

@TheSwordsman: You sound like Brucie from GTA IV.

So text has sound now huh?

Avatar image for equonox
#38 Edited by Equonox (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: you are nitpicking with my verb choice? The sign of a highly intelligent, fantastic debater...go back to your cave, troll.

@Pyrogram said:

@TheSwordsman: Super genetics? are you actually being serious? The only gene that could and does help a sprinter is the X gene ( not really, but its what they call it ) and is found in 1/3rd of black descendants in America beacuse of slavery.. Long story short stronger slaves survived meaning stronger off spring. No such thing as a super gene though, everybody has it in them to be an Olympic athlete it is just down to environmental factors and actually getting off your ass and training. Rather than being lazy and say" I can't do it because I do not have a super gene blah blah blah"

Yup.

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
#39 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (625 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@Equonox said:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

Ali's fist is the size of Punisher's head, if this was anything but H2H its no contest but some of you need to watch an Ali fight on youtube and see how fast this 6'3" 236 lb was. Not to mention hi 80" REACH, he could KO Castle from over 6 1/2 feet away.

While I agree w/ most of what you said, including Ali winning here, that last part...no.

Lol, fair enough. Would this change your mind?

2814675-superman_vs._muhammad_ali_1.jpg

I was about to post this.

Avatar image for hksaru
#40 Edited by Hksaru (464 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

@TheSwordsman: Superior genetics?

Yes. Top tier professional athlete genetics. Randy Couture has superior genetics as well. as does Jr Dos Santos and many others of varying ethnicities.

...............................................................................

what

Google your beliefs

Avatar image for thedude123
#41 Edited by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@TheSwordsman: Super genetics? are you actually being serious? The only gene that could and does help a sprinter is the X gene ( not really, but its what they call it ) and is found in 1/3rd of black descendants in America beacuse of slavery.. Long story short stronger slaves survived meaning stronger off spring. No such thing as a super gene though, everybody has it in them to be an Olympic athlete it is just down to environmental factors and actually getting off your ass and training. Rather than being lazy and say" I can't do it because I do not have a super gene blah blah blah"

I typed superior genetic, not super genetics. Try to read more carefully. Wrong our genes determine the ratio of fast twitch muscles we have and dictates our skeletal structure etc, Skeletetal structure also dictates running speed, There are many factors that genes dictate that make someone run faster than someone else. Everyone does not have it in them to be an olympic athlete. Try training as an olympian does for a year and then see if you run a olyimpic qualifying 100 meter dash or clean and press. You won't be anywhere near olympic qualification. 99% of the population won't be able to because olympic athletes have superior genetics which allows them to compete at the levels that they do. Yes they train vigorously, but that is because other genetically gifted olympic athletes are also training vigorously. Your laziness rant makes no sense whatsoever and may apply to you and therefore you think it applies to everyone and/or is an emotional response with no real data whatsoever to corroborate it. Again, stop being lazy then and garner a spot on an olympic team then to prove your inane theory. You obviously have not played any high school or college sports, perhaps not even any leagues as a child either. There are many people that play football their whole lives from a young age to high school and train and practice vigorously, but only a select few have the genetic potential to go to college and even fewer have the superior genetics to go to the pros. Sorry. that's just reality.

This will likely go right over your head and you will continue to argue for arguments sake. I will pass. I try not to waste my time anymore with protracted arguments with people that are incapable of reason or argue just to argue. Goodbye.

Avatar image for thedude123
#42 Posted by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hksaru said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

@TheSwordsman: Superior genetics?

Yes. Top tier professional athlete genetics. Randy Couture has superior genetics as well. as does Jr Dos Santos and many others of varying ethnicities.

...............................................................................

what

Google your beliefs

Are you having difficulty reading or comprehending what you have read?

They aren't beliefs they are facts. False beliefs are that genetics do not play the most significant part. They do.

As Los Angeles Times science writer Jon Bardin wrote in a recent article, “There are numerous genetic factors known to confer advantages in athletic contests from mutations that increase the oxygen carrying capacity of blood to gene variants that confer an incredible increase in endurance, and these mutations appear to be especially common in Olympic athletes.”

Avatar image for pyrogram
#43 Posted by Pyrogram (45184 posts) - - Show Bio

@T@TheSwordsman said:

@Pyrogram said:

@TheSwordsman: Super genetics? are you actually being serious? The only gene that could and does help a sprinter is the X gene ( not really, but its what they call it ) and is found in 1/3rd of black descendants in America beacuse of slavery.. Long story short stronger slaves survived meaning stronger off spring. No such thing as a super gene though, everybody has it in them to be an Olympic athlete it is just down to environmental factors and actually getting off your ass and training. Rather than being lazy and say" I can't do it because I do not have a super gene blah blah blah"

I typed superior genetic, not super genetics.

I admit, I read it wrong.

Try to read more carefully. Wrong our genes determine the ratio of fast twitch muscles we have and dictates our skeletal structure etc. First you can train fast twitch muscles, they are not defined and nobody can be genetically superior to somebody who trains them.

, Skeletetal structure also dictates running speed,

But technique dictates it more.

There are many factors that genes dictate that make someone run faster than someone else.

Everyone does not have it in them to be an olympic athlete.

A runner, do not put a shrowed over it, Anybody could be a gymnast if they dedicated to it. Or a powerlifter.

Try training as an olympian does for a year and then see if you run a olyimpic qualifying 100 meter dash or clean and press. You won't be anywhere near olympic qualification.

Obviously, they train for a lifetime not a year, and are sponsored and do not have anything else to do apart from train.

99% of the population won't be able to because olympic athletes have superior genetics which allows them to compete at the levels that they do.

Not a genetic factor at all.

Yes they train vigorously, but that is because other genetically gifted olympic athletes are also training vigorously.

Obviously, they want to be better. You cannot be genetically gifted...

Your laziness rant makes no sense whatsoever and may apply to you and therefore you think it applies to everyone and/or is an emotional response with no real data whatsoever to corroborate it.

Again, your "genetics" rant is just an excuse for people to moan about better genetics.

Again, stop being lazy then and garner a spot on an olympic team then to prove your inane theory.

I do not want to, I could have been in the Olympics for archery at a young age, I was offered a place on the youth games, but declined as I did not want that to be my life, I am not genetically gifted lmfao

You obviously have not played any high school or college sports, perhaps not even any leagues as a child either.

No, but I train everyday in gymnastics at home and many martial arts.

There are many people that play football their whole lives from a young age to high school and train and practice vigorously, but only a select few have the genetic potential to go to college and even fewer have the superior genetics to go to the pros. Sorry. that's just reality.

No such thing as genetic superiority. No proof, it is all willpower, and good old training and a little bit of luck.

This will likely go right over your head and you will continue to argue for arguments sake. I will pass. I don't wast my time anymore with protracted arguments with people that are incapable of reason or argue just to argue. Goodbye.

You have no proof just laziness and the excuses most of the population make " I am never going to be good as I have bad genetics, sad me, Why am I so unlucky? I can never be good as that person over their somehow has better genetics then me :( "

No, just no. Never. Genetics are not a game changer, mindset and getting of your ass is.

Avatar image for hyiena
#44 Edited by hyiena (3257 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no need to argue this yes genetics are a big factor but so are hard work, determination, and training its all just pieces of the same puzzle.I would like to add supplements, hormones, and steroids have made genetics less of a factor than the would have been in Ali's day.

Avatar image for pyrogram
#45 Posted by Pyrogram (45184 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

There is no need to argue this yes genetics are a big factor but so are hard work, determination, and training its all just pieces of the same puzzle.I would like to add supplements, hormones, and steroids have made genetics less of a factor than the would have been in Ali's day.

Avatar image for batfan41487
#46 Posted by BatFan41487 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

castle

Avatar image for thedude123
#47 Posted by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@T@TheSwordsman said:

@Pyrogram said:

@TheSwordsman: Super genetics? are you actually being serious? The only gene that could and does help a sprinter is the X gene ( not really, but its what they call it ) and is found in 1/3rd of black descendants in America beacuse of slavery.. Long story short stronger slaves survived meaning stronger off spring. No such thing as a super gene though, everybody has it in them to be an Olympic athlete it is just down to environmental factors and actually getting off your ass and training. Rather than being lazy and say" I can't do it because I do not have a super gene blah blah blah"

I typed superior genetic, not super genetics.

I admit, I read it wrong.

Try to read more carefully. Wrong our genes determine the ratio of fast twitch muscles we have and dictates our skeletal structure etc. First you can train fast twitch muscles, they are not defined and nobody can be genetically superior to somebody who trains them.

, Skeletetal structure also dictates running speed,

But technique dictates it more.

There are many factors that genes dictate that make someone run faster than someone else.

Everyone does not have it in them to be an olympic athlete.

A runner, do not put a shrowed over it, Anybody could be a gymnast if they dedicated to it. Or a powerlifter.

Try training as an olympian does for a year and then see if you run a olyimpic qualifying 100 meter dash or clean and press. You won't be anywhere near olympic qualification.

Obviously, they train for a lifetime not a year, and are sponsored and do not have anything else to do apart from train.

99% of the population won't be able to because olympic athletes have superior genetics which allows them to compete at the levels that they do.

Not a genetic factor at all.

Yes they train vigorously, but that is because other genetically gifted olympic athletes are also training vigorously.

Obviously, they want to be better. You cannot be genetically gifted...

Your laziness rant makes no sense whatsoever and may apply to you and therefore you think it applies to everyone and/or is an emotional response with no real data whatsoever to corroborate it.

Again, your "genetics" rant is just an excuse for people to moan about better genetics.

Again, stop being lazy then and garner a spot on an olympic team then to prove your inane theory.

I do not want to, I could have been in the Olympics for archery at a young age, I was offered a place on the youth games, but declined as I did not want that to be my life, I am not genetically gifted lmfao

You obviously have not played any high school or college sports, perhaps not even any leagues as a child either.

No, but I train everyday in gymnastics at home and many martial arts.

There are many people that play football their whole lives from a young age to high school and train and practice vigorously, but only a select few have the genetic potential to go to college and even fewer have the superior genetics to go to the pros. Sorry. that's just reality.

No such thing as genetic superiority. No proof, it is all willpower, and good old training and a little bit of luck.

This will likely go right over your head and you will continue to argue for arguments sake. I will pass. I don't wast my time anymore with protracted arguments with people that are incapable of reason or argue just to argue. Goodbye.

You have no proof just laziness and the excuses most of the population make " I am never going to be good as I have bad genetics, sad me, Why am I so unlucky? I can never be good as that person over their somehow has better genetics then me :( "

No, just no. Never. Genetics are not a game changer, mindset and getting of your ass is.

I have scientific and real world proof. Many people aspire to be olympic athletes and train just as hard as but fall short because they do not have the superior genetics of olympic athletes.

Prove your theory then. Become an olympic gymnast or a top 10 ranked martial artist. You will fail because others who train just as hard but have superior genetics will best you time and again.

People are genetically gifted as far as look, height, musculature, speed, intellect, endurance etc. if you are genetically pre-disposed to being short, scrawny, and slow, you will never beat someone who is tall, naturally muscular, and fast if you both train at the same level.

For example a friend and i began a weight lifting regimen at the same time, He trained better than I and ate better but only gained 10 lbs in a 3 month period. I gained 25 lbs in that same period. I was genetically pre-disposed to gaining muscle at a higher rate because of myostatin levels and testostere levels:both genetically gleaned.

So basically your argument applies to you and your own laziness because you didn't want to put in the time and effort to attempt to be an olympic archer. If you were much better than others at archery then you have superior genetics as far as aim is concerned. With that said being invited to be on a youth squad does not mean that you could be an olympic level archer as there may be others who are genetically superior to you who would be better at it.

Avatar image for pyrogram
#48 Edited by Pyrogram (45184 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: Proof or GTFO and also, I do not want to be an Olympic archer as I want to have a life and not just be stuck on TV every 4 years..

Avatar image for thedude123
#49 Posted by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@TheSwordsman: Proof or GTFO and also, I do not want to be an Olympic archer as I want to have a life and not just be stuck on TV every 4 years..

Where is your proof? I have provided mine. Seems to me that you are one of those lazy people that make excuses that you refer to so often. You seem to have quit because you could not put in the work. You in all likelihood could not have been an olympic archer, whether you wanted to or not. Wow, "stuck' on tv every 4 years. What a tough grind.Iit is easier to say "i don't want to" instead of "I couldn't" and much more impressive to say "I did" rather than "I could have"..

Avatar image for pyrogram
#50 Edited by Pyrogram (45184 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@Pyrogram said:

@TheSwordsman: Proof or GTFO and also, I do not want to be an Olympic archer as I want to have a life and not just be stuck on TV every 4 years..

Where is your proof? I have provided mine. Seems to me that you are one of those lazy people that make excuses that you refer to so often. You seem to have quit because you could not put in the work. You in all likelihood could not have been an olympic archer, whether you wanted to or not. Wow, "stuck' on tv every 4 years. What a tough grind.Iit is easier to say "i don't want to" instead of "I couldn't" and much more impressive to say "I did" rather than "I could have"..

Ok, you do not even know me. I am not getting into this rubbish, you refuse to give proof for your own "opinion" on genetics. Give proof then we talk. If not back down.