vs

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite
@OmegaDynasty: What type of each race? Because it depends.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Decoy Elite said:
" @OmegaDynasty: What type of each race? Because it depends. "

Should have put this up at the start, curse my laziness. It's a war between both alien races.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite
@OmegaDynasty said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @OmegaDynasty: What type of each race? Because it depends. "
Should have put this up at the start, curse my laziness. It's a war between both alien races. "
Both races? Not sure just how many Preds there are or how good their tech is. Based off what I've seen out of an average Predator compared to a Protoss Zealot(the weakest Protoss military unit) the Protoss should stomp this with relative ease.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By m0ntyb0y

well in AvP Extinction, we got a taste of the predator army and I wouldn't say it's weaker than the protoss army 
still, it's hard to say which race would win in an inter-species war   

@Decoy Elite
why would the protoss stomp? they can't even stomp the terrans...

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scarbearer

I think in a straight up full on war between the two races, I really think that Protoss can and should win.  The Protoss' biggest enemy has always seemed to be themselves, and if they can avoid undermining themselves I think they win this.  Especially if they have Zeratul and his Dark Templar's unboard.  I think those guys are probably superior stealth and hand to hand fighters over the PRedators and they'd take them appart

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By m0ntyb0y

@scarbearer
I guess it depends on whether it's the protoss during their golden age or the "current" protoss
current protoss have trouble with the terrans...
don't forget that the predators have military equipment that's a lot more destructive than their hunting gear 

These are the military predators from the game AvP Extinction 

Brawler
The Brawler possesses average skills in melee combat, but this Predator’s effective range is very short.
Upgrade: Once upgraded, the Brawler inflicts double damage when hit points get low.

Warrior
The Warrior is a ranged Predator armed with a Shoulder Cannon. The Shoulder Cannon is capable of a fair amount of damage and has good range.
Upgrade: Addition of the Scatter Caster, which fires multiple plasma blasts that fan out from the Shoulder Cannon.

Hunter
This Predator wields a Disc weapon that exacts a large amount of damage. The Hunter must wait for the Disc to return to him before he can attack again.
Upgrades: The devastating Triple Strike allows the Hunter to throw three Discs at once at a single enemy.

Blooded
The Blooded Predator attacks with a Spear weapon, which is capable of hitting all targets surrounding him at once.
Upgrade: Upgrading this unit introduces the Plasma Spear, which adds plasma damage to the raw spear damage.

Silent
A sniper unit with very long range, the Silent Predator brandishes deadly spears that do damage over time.
Upgrade: Turns ordinary spears into tracking devices, which allow Silent Predators to see enemy line of sight.

Hydra
This military Predator is armed with the Hydra, which fires bursts of energy at multiple targets, and will automatically acquire a target if left to its own devices. When manually targeted, the Hydra concentrates all of its fire on a single enemy.

Blazer
Armed with the Blazer, this military Predator wields a laser beam that sweeps and burns multiple enemies in one burst. Although this unit cannot Cloak, it is heavily armored and has the ability to Medicomp.
Upgrades: This unit, when upgraded, comes equipped with dual Blazer cannons.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By saiyan_earthling

I gotta give the battle to the Protoss. With the technology they have, and the weaponry they use, they may get the edge.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@saiyan_earthling
I think military predators would give the protoss a run for their money
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Erik

Protoss.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrans are no slouches either. Terran marines would give predators a pretty good run for their money too. Those guys are encased in very dangerous battle armor and toting some heavy weapons. They are the weakest terran unit, but the could probably put a bitch-slap on a terminator in hand to hand.

Everything gets balanced for in-game mechanics, but i thought the protoss were basically glassing terran planets for a while there.  

Anyway, the protoss have displayed far more dangerous tech. That may be simply because predators have mostly shown up in hunting mode, and not in a war mentality. Maybe they do have some really impressive war machines for going after eachother, but i have never seen them.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@Fortified_Hooligan
I've only seen their ships firing destructive beams (in the comics) and what appear to be energy bolts (in the AvP cinematic intro for the campaign)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98kHDBMoRWw
the cut scene starts around 3:32
  there are military predators (the game units in AvP Extinction) but I haven't seen predator "war machines"
Gothicowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gothicowboy

Does either team get prep? 

With enough prep I believe that the Preds can pull it off, but otherwise I think it would go to the 'Toss. 

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bump. Protoss stomp

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I think the shield technology the Toss have is definitely the game changer.