Professor X vs. Martian Manhunter

• 171 results
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@reaverlation: That is a great point because Martians in their natural state don't seem to have vocal chords. Hmmmmmm

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak: onslaught story shows us what Xavier could do with no restraint he was stronger than fernus. and xavier has better over all feats than moon dragon

she caught him by surprise once thats the only evidence that she was stronger she has done nothing else.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: onslaught is and onslaught was to xavier what fernus was to manhunter.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By reaverlation

@comic_book_fan: If Onslaught is a bloodlusted Xavier,is what you're saying,then he isn't above J'onn

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: Onslaught isn't just Xavier. He's a combination of Xavier, Magneto, Franklin Richards, and Nate Grey. Even then, his TP feats aren't particularly special... especially when you pit them against what J'onn has done with morals on. Xavier by himself isn't comparable to MMH at all.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By reaverlation

@comic_book_fan: no not really. Scanning a galaxy,invading the mind of mageddon,and forcing the Joker sane while he was in possession of the warlogog is better than Xavier's feats

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmm, I'm going to call it a draw. They seem to be about equal feat wise. Ultimate Xavier would beat MM, but Fernus stomps both, but then Legion (Xavier's son) stomps on Fernus all day long.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: no not really. Scanning a galaxy,invading the mind of mageddon,and forcing the Joker sane while he was in possession of the warlogog is better than Xavier's feats

Yep, and add on the facts that J'onn held off a TP attack from multiple augmented white martians, invaded the mind of Spectre (the Wrath of God), and just recently wrecked Despero (one of the most powerful telepaths in the DC universe) in a mind-battle. Even in their rematch, when Despero was physically pummeling J'onn into the ground, the latter was still capable of shielding his mind.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By dondave

@rd189

Mmm, I'm going to call it a draw. They seem to be about equal feat wise. Ultimate Xavier would beat MM, but Fernus stomps both, but then Legion (Xavier's son) stomps on Fernus all day long.

Ultimate Xavier doesn't have any feats nearing 616 Xavier let alone Martian Manhunter

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak: recently wrecking Despero is New 52 J'onn. Pre 52 Despero would wreck down either Pre or New 52 J'onn

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@rd189

Ultimate Xavier doesn't have any feats nearing 616 Xavier let alone Martian Manhunter

Cept for convincing the entire world that Magneto was dead, as well as communicating with Gah Lak Tus

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 He convinced the people in the immediate area that Magneto was dead by making it look like he died. No Telepathy was needed.

He communicated with Gah Lak Tus while massively amped by S.H.I.E.L.D, even more so than he normally is with Cerebro.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak: the same spectre that got hurt by adam and by uncle sam he has not been nearly as uber as he should be in years.

despero has no real feats in new 52

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: really?Trying to lowball Spectre and J'onn's feat?You're just reaching right now and in fact ridiculous

glfan2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mm wins if n52

Xavier has power but if he could barely be able to hold a hive mind of hundreds in his control i highly doubt he could face mm when telepathy was a way of life for the martians and they connected with millions every second and those millions were not a hive mind

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: i don't have to DC comics does it for me just because you look for any bs feat that never should have happened to support your theory that every dc character is better than their marvel counterpart doesn't make it true not to mention xavier probed the beyonder who is every bit as powerful as spectre if not more so.

crest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

MMH. Even compared to the rest of his race, J'onn appears to be uniquely gifted in telepathy. The Fernus arc alone shows us what would happen if he had no moral restrictions on using his abilities, such as taking control of two JL members who are highly resistant to TP as well as one who was supposedly immune to TP. Add in the fact that he's performed well against cosmic forces, I just don't see how Professor Xavier even compares. Moondragon would have been a more fair opponent.

well to be fair if your going to use the most powerful version of mmh you need to compare that to onslaught

imop mmh could pull out a win but so could x whoever attacks with real force first will win. And as far as i know j'onn tends to get down with the heavy psy energy quicker then x who is always trying to do just enough. But both have similar feats well j'onn tends to use raw power a bit more vs x who is much more creative. But when x lets loose his top end feats probably slightly top j'onns or they are a draw but from most psy battles i have seen the one who hits hard first usually has a major advantage and with the exp both have in psy battles turning that around is unlikely for either one.

tho with morals its a draw they read each others minds and become allies

the fernnis onslaught fight would be quick tho onslaught is just to much for him even without restraints

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Vaeternus

MMH for sure.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: This is just that typical whining people do and showing your status as a marvel worshipper.Xavier hasn't probed the mind of Beyonder and if you want to use some extreme high end feat,then Xavier failing to tp Cyclops with a portion of the Phoenix force and getting shut down hard,or failing to get into galactus mind even with other minds helping him in a psychic attack,or completely shut down by Hulk's mind is downright humiliating seeing how J'onn has TP'd more powerful things than those 3.And that J'onn thinks helluva lot faster than Xavier meaning J'onn can shut down Xavier's mind before he has a thought.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By comic_book_fan

@reaverlation: he did probe beyonder's mind cyclops had the full phoenix power when he beat Xavier and he got into galactus's mind it just didn't change galactus mind and he got kicked out later.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMH. Also can someone tell me what MMH n52 has done?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: cyclops didn't have the entire Phoenix force.It was only a portion and Xavier had trouble TPing Scott while Scott was holding back.Xavier failed to TP Galactus mind and Hulk as well.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By comic_book_fan

@reaverlation: no the rest of the phoenix 5 were all downed so there fraction went to cyclops.

and he didn't try to shut galactus down he succeeded in what he was trying he tried to guilt him into not eating the planet.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crest: Read my subsequent post about why Onslaught is invalidated as an Xavier feat. Even if you want to reach that far, Onslaught still doesn't beat morals-on MMH due to reason that I (and others) have mentioned in this topic.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12 said:

MMH. Also can someone tell me what MMH n52 has done?

this

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By comic_book_fan

@alak: xavier is manhunter probed billions of minds so did xavier manhunter reached across space so did xavier .

and onslaught was xavier it started in the 30th anniversary issues he absorbed magneto's mind but it was still his body he was absorbing the minds of these characters and stealing there powers as he went but it was still charles' darkside doing this meaning it was him no longer holding back.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lol: @mikep12:

Here's a good link:

http://www.comicvine.com/martian-manhunter/4005-2047/forums/new-52-martian-manhunter-respect-thread-670357/

I'm not sure how frequently it's updated, but it contains a lot of good feats.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian to my knowledge.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@reaverlation: Scott did have the whole force when he killed Charles and he TP'd one fifth of the Phoenix Force (and the Avengers with it) pretty easily.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

pro x

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: yeah thats the scan i was looking for and it was 2/5 because namor and Rachel both had phoenix powers.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@comic_book_fan: Rachel didn't have Phoenix powers at the time and hadn't for years. That's just her power signature, she use to get the glyph over the eye even after the force left her.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

MM

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: yeah my bad i thought she was one of them but magik was the one i forgot.

Fenxsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier doesn't have the multiversal telepathy feats that MMH has. Martian stomps in telepathy.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn in less than a second.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Xargo

@hus: i wanna say martian manhunter simply because he's had over 200 million years experience with his telepathy

Ingyball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my DCUO character solos both of them.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xavier atleast ties him and full potential beats manhunters.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

J'ohn.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: I think J'onn has Charles here. All of X's best feats are PIS.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NickoSaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By NickoSaurusRex

Professor x is the better telepath.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier in my opinion .

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

TP wise def goes to Charles

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

professor x can absorb powers onslaught was xavier's darkside and him no longer holding back.

evidence when did onslaught start xavier took magneto's mind away then all of a sudden could duplicate his powers.

earlier in the fatal attractions xavier hijacked magneto's powers without controlling his mind.

later he took the form of onslaught and absorbed more people but for it to snow ball xavier had to have that power to begin with.

also where onslaught xavier's brain thats why red skull could channel his powers later in axes.

if he stops holding back he could probably absorb manhunter and gain his physical powers and add his telepathy to his own.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

plus xavier can use his powers after death.