Predator Show Down! Movies vs Comics

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

Wolf (AvPR Movie) and Berserker Predator (Predators Movie)

Broken Tusk (AvP Comics) and Smiley (AvP Comic)

All are armed with Plasma Casters, Wrist Blades, Armor, and Helms.

Wolf

Laser Mines, Razor Whip, Power Gauntlet, Dual Casters, Dual Shurikens, Blue Fluid, Combi Stick

Berserker

Razor Bladed Mines, Spear Totem Projectile, 2 Hunting Pred Hounds

Broken Tusk

All Close Combat Glaives, Swords, and Combi Sticks

Smiley

Combi Stick and Discus

All in a straight up 2 vs 2 fight.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Broken Tusk or Smiley could solo, the Berserker Predator is a non-factor here.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except the writers confirmed in the Movie Beserker was a Super Predator who did pawn the Jungle Hunter (as it is classed) with ease, He also had great gear to. including this Super Spear Gun.

No Caption Provided

Its a small Projectile, when it hits ya, the Projectile Expands in different angles to form a Teepee like Design. Thus the Impaled Totem Pole.

One shot from that is game over.

Also the Razor mines.

No Caption Provided

These thing slice up Solid Rock into dust. Stepping on those will take a Predators legs off. All he has to do is drop a few in a run.

Add those with the Laser Mines for real trouble.

Then we have 2 Hunting Dogs.

No Caption Provided

Great Distractions.

So hardly a non factor.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except the writers confirmed in the Movie Beserker was a Super Predator who did pawn the Jungle Hunter (as it is classed) with ease, He also had great gear to. including this Super Spear Gun.

No Caption Provided

Its a small Projectile, when it hits ya, the Projectile Expands in different angles to form a Teepee like Design. Thus the Impaled Totem Pole.

One shot from that is game over.

Also the Razor mines.

No Caption Provided

These thing slice up Solid Rock into dust. Stepping on those will take a Predators legs off. All he has to do is drop a few in a run.

Add those with the Laser Mines for real trouble.

Then we have 2 Hunting Dogs.

No Caption Provided

Great Distractions.

So hardly a non factor.

1) The Jungle Hunter from the first movie was an Unblooded Inititate, so the Berserker Predator slapping around him is hardly impressive.

2) The Berserker Predator struggled to beat a Unblooded hunter, who had been in captivation for an extended period of time and had access to limited gear. Enough said

3) Broken Tusk or Smiley would utterly destroy the Super Black Predators with casual ease, its not like they have any feats that would suggest they would stand a decent chance against any of this Elite hunters.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist

@nick_hero22: In the Directors and Writers comments it was stated that was a Season Jungle Hunter.

So that is impressive.

Anyway just my views.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Either Broken Tusk or Smiley could solo, the Berserker Predator is a non-factor here.

This.

And why are there so many Predator threads? I don't want them to be mainstream.

No Caption Provided

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pokergeist

@jwalser3: Too late guy. Aliens, Predators, Terminator, and Star Wars are Dark Horse biggest sellers.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jwalser3: Too late guy. Aliens, Predators, Terminator, and Star Wars are Dark Horse biggest sellers.

I thought Star Wars, Conan, Buffy, and Black Beetle were their biggest sellers...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Conan is too. Buffy is not, and I never heard of Black Beetle, yet I read alot of Dark Horse.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellboy was popular enough to get a movie (two movies) despite not originally showing up in a movie. Pretty sure he is fairly popular to darkhorse.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokergeist

Maybe, he still has nowhere near the Issue count of the Predator or AvP comic lines.

To me, the Issue count says what is popular and classic and what is not. To me anyway.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nick_hero22

@cadencev2:

Its not impressive, unless the Predator has the symbol of its clan marked on its helmet. The Super Black Predator fought a Unblooded hunter, there is no way to get around that fact, unless you choose to ignore the continuity that has already been established.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

Its not impressive, unless the Predator has the symbol of its clan marked on its helmet. The Super Black Predator fought a Unblooded hunter, there is no way to get around that fact, unless you choose to ignore the continuity that has already been established.

Yes, I choose to ignore that fact when the Writer and Director said it was a season hunter of the Jungle Hunter Clan. Does that mean anything to Novels or Comics? Nope. But it means that Pred is not a nobody.

The Web Comic of this Predator also showed it was a Hunter by itself on the Game Reserve with that Ship before being captured by the 3 Preds.

Why would a Unbloodied have its own ship? Why would it be on a planet with no Xenomorphs to mark its helmet? Why would it be by itself?

Hardly Unbloodied as the Director and Writers wanted it to be.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: Also the City Hunter Predator had no mark of a clan on his helm. So I guess he was unbloodied when stated a accomplish hunter? How about the Wolf who also has a unmarked helm? Or the first Movie Predator? He was a older Predator when compared to the City Hunter of Predator 2. No marks.

You can say establish cannon, I say overlooked details by guys who do not read the Novels or Comics.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@cadencev2:

Yes, I choose to ignore that fact when the Writer and Director said it was a season hunter of the Jungle Hunter Clan. Does that mean anything to Novels or Comics? Nope. But it means that Pred is not a nobody.

The Web Comic of this Predator also showed it was a Hunter by itself on the Game Reserve with that Ship before being captured by the 3 Preds.

Why would a Unbloodied have its own ship? Why would it be on a planet with no Xenomorphs to mark its helmet? Why would it be by itself?

Hardly Unbloodied as the Director and Writers wanted it to be.

The Predator in the first movie had it's own ship as well and was hunting on Earth by itself, and it was an Unblooded hunter (even information for the writers and directors confirmed this fact). What the writers and director said is in direct conflict to what has already been very well established in the lore. If it was a seasoned hunter, why wasn't its helmet marked with the symbol of its clan?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokergeist

@nick_hero22: So it was stated by the creators that the first Predator was unbloodied? They said that where exactly? Directors Cut? At the time there was not Predator Novels, franchise, ect. So it is surprising that there was any statement on that.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: So it was stated by the creators that the first Predator was unbloodied? They said that where exactly? Directors Cut? At the time there was not Predator Novels, franchise, ect. So it is surprising that there was any statement on that.

They made that statement in an art book based on the first movie.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

They made that statement in an art book based on the first movie.

Well that is disappointing.

Avatar image for deathstrokesrevenge
Deathstrokesrevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to call, great thread

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@usha said:
@deathstrokesrevenge said:

Thank you.

No Caption Provided

Why are you saying thank you mate? This is my old thread.....

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comics team.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usha said:

Thank you.

No Caption Provided

Why are you saying thank you mate? This is my old thread.....

Ehehehehahahueheiueheueeheuehheueheue!!!!!

Avatar image for deathstrokesrevenge
Deathstrokesrevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usha said:

Thank you.

Your welcome but I was talking to myself considering this is my thread....