PowerHouse Amalgam Tournament

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@diredrill: I have a strategy for things like that, I didn't just pick random combinations ;)

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@nighthunder: You say you have debated for SS, what can he not do? The Power Cosmic is like having a weaker version of the Power Gem. All the other powers that have been chosen can only do a specific set of things, Silver Surfer can do anything.

lol in all honesty, in all my days as a SS debater, the only things i've seen him do

Tansmute matter and create matter from nothing

Nanosecond+ reactions

Blow planets, which is not even close to the limit

manipulate matter

Intangibility

near teleportation-like speed

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By DireDrill

@nighthunder:

I did not ask about what he has done, I am asking what he can't do. You have to remember that the Power Cosmic will likely be in the hands of someone who isn't an idiot pacifist like Norrin and it will allow that amalgam to pretty much reality warp. You put Doctor Doom's Mind in an Alpha Lantern Body with Silver Surfer's powers and you effectively get a low level reality warper. You can't just consider the Power Cosmic in a vacuum because here it will be abused thanks to the potential amalgams.

@youngjustice:

I've look at your entire team's powers and bodies and minds and none of them have the ability to stop or evade City of Tomorrow from just crushing them under his gigantic size. Overall, your team will have a hard time taking on just a single one of my amalgams using nothing more than his body as a ramming weapon much less my entire team using a strategy.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill: I don't think you get the fact the I have some of the most feared and respected people in their Universe on my team.

Not to mention that the combined power of Zatanna, Reed Richards, and Raven is extraordinary. Magic and science can accomplish almost anything, but with the people who are extremely adept at it is something to be worried about.

To be honest, I think that my team is pretty solid. It seems like many just picked random people without the thought of how there power/body/mind will co-reside with each other.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By NighThunder

@diredrill

he cant mind rape

manipulate dimensions or time

Survived beings like thanos

Resist reality/time warp

, really the list of things he cant and hasn’t done is really to massive to to list……

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By DireDrill

@youngjustice:

I don't think that you understand that you don't get the powers of the body you chose you only get the stats of that body. So that mean's using Zatanna's body gets you nothing but an average women's body. Your team still gets soloed by every person on my team. This team achieves all that your team is seeking without getting horribly stomped.

Clepto : Storm's Mind + Wonder Woman's Body + Aang's Powers

This nets you all the capabilities of your first amalgam without any of the weakness that Kurt's body presents. Wonder Woman has no skill at elemental manipulation, she is useless with Aang's powers.

Coman : MMH's Mind + Zzzax's Body + Azari's Powers

This nets you all of Coman's abilities with the added ability to survive a battle. And if you want to become small, you need only expend some of the energy that composes Zzzax's body.

Avenger : Black Widow's Mind + Lyra's Body + Hazmat's Powers

This Avenger has all the strength and durability yours plus the speed to make use of Black Widow's fighting skill.

Mixed : Mr. Fantastic's Mind + Skaar's Body + Raven's Powers

This one's body is made to manipulate the Old Power which is a form of magic but also makes him super strong and super durable.

This new team achieves everything you want them to do without being easily slaughtered.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@diredrill:

I'm surprised that you decided to use Mr. Fantastic's mind with Skaar's body and Raven's power. Mr. Fantastic has already admitted that he doesn't understand magic, so he wouldn't be able to utilize Raven's powers or Old Power effectively. Also, he's not ruthless enough to take advantage of Skaar's powers.

Wouldn't Dr. Doom's mind be more than sufficient as a replacement?

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By DireDrill

@omgomgwtfwtf: My goal here wasn't to optimize his team but to provide him with a version of his team that could survive being blitzed by any number of the combatants here. If I wanted to optimize his team, I would have gone a completely different route.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill:

Oh, I see. Then go about your business then. I though this was in regards to your own team. However, I'm surprised with some of the combinations people picked, they aren't that tough D:

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By DireDrill

@omgomgwtfwtf: I think most are just thinking about who they find awesome with no regard to tactics or strategy. My team is completely different from his.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill: Thank you for your revisions, although I still standby my team, I will edit my team due to some choices becoming more useful.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@nighthunder: could you switch Red Son Superman and Gladiator?

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@diredrill

he cant mind rape - Yes, he can

manipulate dimensions or time - that would be a Yes also

Survived beings like thanos - he can literally come back from anything of course he can survive Thanos, he can reform

Resist reality/time warp - yes to time warp, reality is arguable

, really the list of things he cant and hasn’t done is really to massive to to list - he's DONE most of what you've listed here, him not being able to

@diredrill:

I'm surprised with some of the combinations people picked, they aren't that tough D:

o_O ??? from what I can see everyone but youngjustice so far has built at least 1 (if not 2 or 3) characters who are +Herald level verging on skyfather.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By NighThunder

@beatboks1: in all my time as a SS debater i'e nver heard him doing half the things on that list, when has he time warped or mind raped? i know he has TP resistance but ever mind raped? and as in survive thanos i mean beat him.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: in all my time as a SS debater i'e nver heard him doing half the things on that list, when has he time warped or mind raped? i know he has TP resistance but ever mind raped? and as in survive thanos i mean beat him.

here is a sample with only a few searches. Things like being able to create quantum singularities in the eyes of beings being easy, bring BRB back to life, easily move through time, to tear the fabric of reality.

As for TP he once successfully defeated a consciousness so vast it was beyond imagining.

He's also known to be supremely powerful in the astral plane (the plane of the mind)

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Thanks for providing the scans and backup.

@nighthunder: Silver Surfer's Power Cosmic is just too much here even if it does not violate the limits you have set. I'd be okay with allowing his mind or his body but not the powers.

Also, Thanos is a bad example, he wins via out thinking his foes. Norrin is a bit dense so it would be child's play to beat him.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill: @beatboks1:

alright i got this figured out

If SS is used as powers, his time bending won't work as it comes front flying fast. The singularities, thing, is that canon?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By beatboks1

@nighthunder said:

@diredrill: @beatboks1:

alright i got this figured out

If SS is used as powers, his time bending won't work as it comes front flying fast. The singularities, thing, is that canon?

Yep

He has also bent time and opened time vortexes without travelling fast. He literally has full time manipulation abilities like Alan Scot

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By NighThunder

@beatboks1: holy mother o god. All of that as well has any reality manip (( Besides the molecular manip )) is gone if anyone decides to use him.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By beatboks1

@nighthunder: Just to be clear I can assume the same is true for Hellstorm?? My last power pick can also time manipulate (not to SS level and he's only done it two or there times). I only picked him to counter in part SS powerset so i'm cool with it just want to be sure.

Also re the rule on TP limits. I have one amamlgum with two picks at limits (i.e mind of Ultra and power of Brainwave) Obviously that places their combined power above. Needless to say I'm still limited to the number of people I can affect etc cannot mentally assault someone from a universe without ZTP etc but does this break teh "don't be OP rul". Both in thier own right verge on it so thought I should check

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: hm........ i guess not, and yes the same is true if its on the same extent as SS

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nighthunder: Would Super Adaptoid be allowed? Super Adaptoid powers are to copy but doesn't come with pre set powers.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: I see no problems with Super Adaptoid so long as he doesn't have the Shard of the Cosmic Cube in him.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@beatboks1:

My comment was more of a generalization, than fact. But my point was even with my rudimentary knowledge of American comics, I can think of a few combinations surpassing a good number of the amalgams present. Now that I perused the rules again, I see no exception to other forms of media, and now I can think of even more people whose powers, when combined, can be very hax.

However, to each their own. My comment wasn't meant to snarky or anything if you found it that way. Me and Diredrill were just conversing over some people's choices, that is all.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@diredrill: Factoring out his physical body it will not, only the copying powers form it.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1:

Me and OOWW were just discussing how some of the character amalgams could be stronger. I actually don't get some of the redundancy in some of your choices but it is your team.

@omgomgwtfwtf:

I was wondering when you'd get off your butt and make a team. Good luck, if you want me to critique your team I always can assuming I know the characters well enough.

@mr_ingenuity:

Then I have no issues with allowing him. I plan on doing much the same.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By YoungJustice

My new team:

Queen- Zatanna's Mind + Wonder Woman's Body + Raven's

King- Xavier's Mind + Mr.Fantastic's Body + Black Bolt's Powerset

Hero- Martian Manhunter's Mind + Claire Bennet's Body + Captain Comet's Powerset

Plan B- Mister Sinister's Mind + Shuma-Gorath's Body + Captain Atom's Powerset

Item: Gwen's Spellbook (Ben 10) for Queen

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@diredrill:

Sadly, I don't have the time to participate in this tournament. I just started going back to school and the work load is killing my personal time. I can barely keep up with the single tournament I'm in right now lol.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By DireDrill

@omgomgwtfwtf: Too bad, always nice to have you.

@youngjustice: That is a better team but I would still ditch Maya's Powers. They only effect humans and would be useless on any number of teams.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nighthunder:

Shaman Ice Man: Mind X-Man Body SentryPowerset Iceman

The Mad Butcher: Mind Thanos Body DOS Doomsday Powerset End Of Arc Gorr

Eternal Doom: Mind Dr Doom Body Cyborg Superman Powerset Super-Adaptoid

TBA

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By YoungJustice

@diredrill: I just noticed that many other teams have non-humans, thanks.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: No problem, it wouldn't have felt right murdering your previous team with 1 of my guys. Good luck in the tourney.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@nigthunder: crap. I have yet ti formulate a team. I am in two other tourneys and a CaV....I may have ti bow out. spread too thin n busy with work n family. sorry this looks like fun but I also forsee it bein a bit of a headache lol...

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By beatboks1

@diredrill: not sure what you mean by redundancy. Using Arion I get the knowledge he has of magic which is substantial but alone not much use, combining it with the body of Jarred who's body is bathed in the magical power of Nabu and Anubis actually gives him magical energy to put that knowledge to use. The physical strength and durability combined with Arions mastery of combat will also be handy. The power of Occult will give him some magic that he can use without waiting for the process of building a spell which without could be costly. Same with the ruby to allow more immediate action. Without at least one of the others Arion as only a mind is completely useless as he would not have the star gem that contains the energy he uses which is part of his body. Basically the merger gives me a classic Fate/ Classic strange type character

Ultra's mental power is very different from Brainwave's both have TP but BW doesn't have TK and Ultra can't create mental constructs. The two combined make for quite a differnt powerset, especially since ultra dis robes his mental abilities as not TP but a mapping of the mind and rerouting energy paths.

Dox's genius in Lobo's body with Comet's TP , TK etc I would have thought self explanitary

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh yeah and all amlagams have full control over there powersets this round. Round 2 this won't be true though.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My team

Warrior of madness

Mind of thanos - Body of superman - Powerset of goku ~ Item

Planet Butcher

mind of Dr.Doom Body of goku, powerset of thanos

TBA

any comments on my team? im going for a more, pure-power team that can blast through anything in their way aswell as use prep good.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

oh yeah and all amlagams have full control over there powersets this round. Round 2 this won't be true though.

You should add that to the OP. But it should be in everyone best interest to choose a powerset that enhances the mind & body not the other way.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: I have been rethinking my team and I want to make the following change:

Devastating Dragon : World Devastator's Body (Star Wars) + Shendu's Powers + Ivo's Mind

City of Tomorrow : Ranx the Sentient City's Body + Madison Jeffries' Powers + Forge's Mind

Ghost in the Machine : Mala Mala Jong's Body + Technus' Powers + Ultron's Mind

Blade of Eldritch : Kraken's Body (Alpha Lantern) + Skrulluminati's Powers + Spiral's Mind + Soul Sword

@beatboks1: The main issue is having Brainwave and Ultra on the same guy, that much TP is useless because TP is limited here. Different powers would be far more useful. Arion is fine as a mind but Occult's a street level guy who doesn't really provide much in terms of a magical power source. Different powers would again benefit you far more. I know you like to use a certain stable of guys but don't sacrifice versatility for comfort.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By beatboks1

@diredrill: brainwave ( at least snr) isn't what I'd call a TPer. In all his appearances he has maybe two instances of TP most of what he does is to project his thoughts three dimensionally to create constructs. His powerset is basically like having a GL ring. Yes his power is mental but not really telepathic. Jnr would be a different story but he's not who I've picked

Plus to get the most out o his powerset I need a mind who could conceivably make the equipment he did. He created brain drain equipment that allowed him to drain mental energies to enhance his powers. The genius of Ultra with his knowledge of BW ( they worked together enough) makes it likely he could create the equipment which without a few of his highest feats won't be available to me

Do we even get the powers of the mind? I thought we only for their intellect personality and what they could make.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@beatboks1:

Do we even get the powers of the mind? I thought we only for their intellect personality and what they could make.

According to this yes.

• 1- The mind of 1, this is the mind of your character and controls it. With this you get all the characters mind abilities and smarts, you also get any inventions said character could make within the prep

Edit: comic-vine thinks it's fun to eat parts of post.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder:

I'd say get rid of Goku for Warrior. There are a number of people who provide you with far more versatility and would benefit Thanos' mind far more effectively.

Doom will be able to make use of Thanos's powers effectively but Goku's body provides him with nothing of value. Something with either magic or tech would benefit him far more.

I don't mean to harp on Goku too much, he is a fine character but but he does not fit with the rest of your choices.

@beatboks1:

I was under the impression that Brainwave's mental constructs were actually just high end psionic illusions like Proteus. Is this not the case? There are a number of people with the power to drain mental energies to increase their own.

ShazamFan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By ShazamFan666

I'll join, give me some time to create my team.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill:

My team

Warrior of madness

Mind of thanos - Body of superman - Powerset of goku ~ Item

Planet Butcher

mind of Dr.Doom Body of goku, powerset of thanos

TBA

any comments on my team? im going for a more, pure-power team that can blast through anything in their way aswell as use prep good.