Who wins and why ?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Plo Koon has always been my favorite of the Jedi - I'd give him the win, but that's because I literally know nothing of Fisto's exploits outside of the films.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fisto is the better duelist and possibly faster. I'd give Koon the nod in Force power but I'd say it isn't that much of an issue compared to fighting someone faster and more skilled than you.

However, Koon being regarded as a true test of skill for someone like Darth Maul, who is a better duelist than Fisto, definitely makes this a close, close fight.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Erkan12

@thetruebarryallen said:

Plo Koon has always been my favorite of the Jedi - I'd give him the win, but that's because I literally know nothing of Fisto's exploits outside of the films.

Fisto sparred with Obi-Wan in Cestus Deception (AotC timeline), and Obi-Wan said he was the better swordfighter but not like he won a real duel or something. I doubt he could win, since dueling for real another thing and Obi-Wan's speciality is using his wits and his defense, not his speed or agression.

Except that, he take down magnaguards but that hardly counts for an accomplishment.

Then in the same book, Fisto lost to Asajj Ventress since he wasn't quick enough with his blade to deal with makashi user Ventress and took heavy wound, then Obi-Wan didn't lost like Fisto then saved him.

Also Cin Drallig said (swordmaster of jedi order) form I / shii-cho (Fisto's style) is not good for lightsaber to lightsaber combat, I think thats why Fisto has no decent victory. He was faster than Obi-Wan in AotC, but even in AotC Obi-Wan was better duelist and he proved that against Ventress with not losing to her.

Plo Koon's djem-so has advantage on this.

Koon's hand to hand combat and lightsaber throw

Source : Clone Wars Adventures Volume 6

In same comic, Plo Koon saving Fisto twice ;

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Koon : Your jedi mind powers need work, master Fisto.

And Plo Koon throws the thug so hard that wall cracked.

And here Fisto unaware of Durge's attack ;

And I don't remember any decent force feat of Fisto (on land).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And let the lowballing, begin.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is definitely debatable fight.

I would go with Plo-Koon. I like them almost equally but Plo seems smarter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is it that in every debate with Fisto, he's either being underrated against people like Plo Koon whom he is better than, or overrated against guys like Darth Maul who he is worse than? I've seen less than a handful of people just place Kit Fisto in a tier of skill where he belongs.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Cause alot of people dont like Fisto, and therefore they dont want him to win battles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fisto held his ground vs grievous and seemed to be leading in that fight. Im not sure if koon would be capable of such a feat, although one would argue that fisto had the form advantage over grievous. Fisto lost to ventress in Cestus Deception but I attribute that to ventress having studied him and his technique for hours. Very close fight but I think i will go with fisto

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This could go either way.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Fitso

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on who gets the first hit in, because that will probably be the last hit. I'll give Fisto the win out of respect for now. While Shii'Cho is not directly made for lightsaber combat, Kit does seem to have used it for such quite a bit.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Erkan12

@martinceld said:

fisto held his ground vs grievous and seemed to be leading in that fight. Im not sure if koon would be capable of such a feat, although one would argue that fisto had the form advantage over grievous. Fisto lost to ventress in Cestus Deception but I attribute that to ventress having studied him and his technique for hours. Very close fight but I think i will go with fisto

Adi Gallia stalemated with Grievous twice.

Loading Video...
DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Probably. Though Adi Gallia was council member and renown jedi master.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: while indeed she did, the 1st vid was dead even and the 2nd one she got kicked away. Fisto on the other hand was able to cut off one hand, knock grievous down with the force and (from my POV) had the upper hand

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: To be fair to grievous, the only jedi he killed in that show were unmistakenly stupid or not proficient with a blade. For being so powerful, he didn't kill many jedi in that show, and he didn't kill any masters.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erkan12

@jacthripper said:

@erkan12: To be fair to grievous, the only jedi he killed in that show were unmistakenly stupid or not proficient with a blade. For being so powerful, he didn't kill many jedi in that show, and he didn't kill any masters.

IIRC he defeated Kit Fisto's former padawan, some jedi knight...

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Penderor

@erkan12: He killed him same dick way that Obi-Wan killed Grievous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: he could have just as easily used a lightsaber instead of a blaster pistol, it would have ended the same way

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld: That wouldnt change the fact it was a dick way :D

_RapTOR_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Bump* I think this could go either way.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Plo Koon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slim edge to Plo Koon. I made a post about this in another thread, so I'll just re-post it:

An extremely slim edge to Plo Koon. Fisto is the better duelist, but the margin between their dueling skill is much smaller than the margin between their TK, which Koon takes a solid lead in (casually collapsing a cave entrance, being accoladed as one of the most powerful Jedi in history, directly TKing Ventress who is more powerful than Kit).

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: You don't have to be as powerful as somebody to directly TK them. You only have to be very loosely comparable. Now, Plo is probably more powerful than Ventress, but then, Kit could quite possibly TK Ventress as well if given the opportunity.

Kit is also faster and a better fighter, so this is a complete even split in my opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: It would be less likely for Kit to bring TK into the mix, though. His power feats are fairly far off of Koon's and Koon seems to have more of a penchant for using the ability.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Erkan12

Fisto is clearly faster than Plo, but it won't give him a majority against Plo's competent dueling skills and durability/H2H combat abilities, also Plo has more experience than Fisto, still Plo 6 of 10.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: It's not so much the fact that Kit would use his powers, but more that it would limit Plo's power usage.

I'd probably give the edge to Plo, now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slim edge to Plo Koon. I made a post about this in another thread, so I'll just re-post it:

An extremely slim edge to Plo Koon. Fisto is the better duelist, but the margin between their dueling skill is much smaller than the margin between their TK, which Koon takes a solid lead in (casually collapsing a cave entrance, being accoladed as one of the most powerful Jedi in history, directly TKing Ventress who is more powerful than Kit).

Answer remains unchanged.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WollfMyth209

Bump. I feel this thread has alot of discussion value and should be an extremely close fight. I could see Fisto winning.

For one thing, Fisto's faster than Plo by a fair margin and should likely be more skilled(if only marginally).

Plo is stronger and more powerful in the Force, but strength can only get you so far against a faster enemy and Koon would only truly abuse his power when he's under some extreme pressure, or it's his last choice(kind of like he did against Asajj Ventress). Since his arm isn't broken here, nor is he up against an opponent with an distinct skill advantage over him(only a marginal one), he'd likely not abuse his power much. So this is fairly close and, in my opinion, is an even split for now. I might change my mind though.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit. Good fight, though.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Plo. Equally skilled duelist, and more powerful per accolades and feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just noticed that scan of durge manhandling kit and fisto. How did that fight end? And is durge>>fisto and plo?

Avatar image for a_drow_among_men
A_Drow_Among_Men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By A_Drow_Among_Men

Plo Koon probably wins. As previously mentioned, their lightsaber skill is comparable with Plo holding the advantage with regards to the Force, Kit having the edge in speed.

Plo Koon, 6-7/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: and Adi Galla was easily destroyed by Savage Opress

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too close to call for me. A fair fight would come down to a flip of a coin imo

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo Koon wins but this is damn close. Kit faster and a better duelist but not by a large enough margin overcome Plo's superior strength and force powers. Electric Judgement is also really niche, and although not instrumental to the outcome of this fight, it could catch Kit off guard

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea tbh. I'll say an even split for now.

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me, thinking about the fight and trying to figure out who would win:

https://media.tenor.co/images/37c3f20a6cb0df4263029eb20bcf14d0/raw

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Greysentinel365

Plo has hype that puts him on par with Saesee Tinn and TCW Skywalker as a duelist and contended much better than Fisto against a later (therefore more powerful) iteration of Ventress despite being hindered. Any edge there really should be his.

Force shouldn't really be an argument.

Plo takes this

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@erkan12: plo koon nearly if not every time

Plo has hype that puts him on par with Saesee Tinn and TCW Skywalker as a duelist and contended much better than Fisto against a later (therefore more powerful) iteration of Ventress despite being hindered. Any edge there really should be his.

Force shouldn't really be an argument.

Plo takes this

Would like to see

Plo Koon wins but this is damn close. Kit faster and a better duelist but not by a large enough margin overcome Plo's superior strength and force powers. Electric Judgement is also really niche, and although not instrumental to the outcome of this fight, it could catch Kit off guard

A. Plo Koon being able handle a superior version of ventress than the one fisto faced makes me question the speed being of much relevance

B. Based on what is a fisto a better duelist?

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords mind posting some Kit Fisto feats? People underrate him so heavily, but Im not too knowledgable about where some of his feats come from

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo Force-hype Koon loses.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Koon is more or less considered the 3rd best pilot in the Order, after Saesee Tinn and Anakin Skywalker. Both of whom are considered some of the best swordmasters in the history of the order.

Plo Koon is a senior member of the Jedi Council. This stern Jedi Master is known for making fast decisions. Plo's ability to act quickly makes him both a fierce warrior and a fearsome starship pilot.

Star Wars: Mysteries of the Jedi

Plo Koon is a member of the Jedi High Council and a Jedi General in the Clone Wars. Koon is one of the most powerful Jedi ever, with awesome fighting ability, strong telekinetic powers and superb piloting skills.

Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia

Plo Koon was gifted pilot as well as being a brilliant strategist and a cunning warrior. Although he was narrowly eclipsed by the actions of the two Jedi pilots who good naturally vied for the title of the best pilots in the Jedi Order - Anakin Skywalker and Saesee Tinn.

The Official Starships & Vehicle Collection #66

With this in mind.

Plo Koon is a Kel Dor from Dorin and a member of the Jedi Council. He is known equally for his skill with a lightsaber as he is for skill with a starships cannons

Clone Wars Visual Dictionary

This would put his skill with a blade either on par with or very slightly below them in addition to being one of the most powerful Jedi in history of the order

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By kbroskywalker

having extensively reread plo's respect thread, yea plo takes this, better duelist, more powerful, has dealt with a faster opponent in ventress(even if she was pre prime)

not sure what the argument for fisto here is

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo Koon takes it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how everyone points to Plos performance against Ventress vs Kits performance against Ventress as solid proof to his superiority as if those are their only showings, yet Kit Fisto defeated General Grievous albeit with some circumstances, and Plo Koon with clone troopers lost to Savage Opress who is less skilled than Grievous