Planetary + tounament sign up

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#301  Edited By beatboks1

Blackheart is out. BFR is allowed but wont give you a win. You can only temporarily BFR, at some point you gave to be able to deal with and actually defeat a character. Besides most teams have at least one person who can bring anyone BFR'd back. Some like mine more than 1

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#302  Edited By Esquire

To avoid confusion later, I would like the Creation Blades as part of Majestic's gear. He has them in his possession, he just doesn't carry them all the time, so I'd like it explicitly stated that he has them with him. Thanks!

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@beatboks1:

Seriously man Hell Lords are dangerously OP & Kuurth does not compare.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By New_World_Order

@Esquire said:

To avoid confusion later, I would like the Creation Blades as part of Majestic's gear. He has them in his possession, he just doesn't carry them all the time, so I'd like it explicitly stated that he has them with him. Thanks!

Oh Gawd.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By Esquire

@ThunderGodsWrath: Lol. I figure I should get a little leeway since I have Mr. Terrific on my team. Not that my team won't still stomp all over everybody, but he's a street leveler, after all. :P

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By New_World_Order

@Esquire: Lool, we will see tomorrow when the tourny starts :-)

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By Esquire

@ThunderGodsWrath: It's so on! Come at me everybody! >.> <.< *runs away*

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By Pokergeist

@Mr_Ingenuity: @joeagentofhand1: I do belive Beatboks posted BFr and temp BFR is allowed. You dont pick a character who can handle BFR, Mind Rape, Soul Rape, ect... then your going in a uphill battle.

Limit is Odin guys.

Odin can BFR, Time Manip, Soul Manip, Destroy Planets, and strength wise Headbutted Galactus into a KO. Im just saying Blackheart and the rest of my team is lower than that... just saying.

You need to clarify these rules guys on powers and What I listed above.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By Pokergeist

@beatboks1 said:

Blackheart is out. BFR is allowed but wont give you a win. You can only temporarily BFR, at some point you gave to be able to deal with and actually defeat a character. Besides most teams have at least one person who can bring anyone BFR'd back. Some like mine more than 1

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@beatboks1:

WTH?

Hell Lords are OP? They pale to Odin and Thanos pimp slaps Mephisto. Ontop of this Ghost Riders are Hell Lords as well Spawn. base on feats thay are lower than Odin in all areas. WTH?

How does Blackheart break the rules? Answere me that. Cause he is weaker than Nobel Kale Ghost Rider who is a.... Hell Lord.... like any Ghost Rider. Im just not following. I wanted Black Heart so I would not have to share feats of Nobel Kale and Ketch. Blackheart is actually weaker than Ghost Riders.

This is Ghost Rider beating Blackheart in his OWN Hell! How is this game breaking?! He is weaker than Ghost Riders!

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Esquire

I'm strongly inclined to agree with Cadence on this issue. Blackheart etc. are very powerful, but the only limit is Skyfather level. I've never seen anything at all to put Blackheart on the same level as any decent skyfather, and I don't see him as a broken character who can't be debated against, unlike some of the characters we've outlawed. BFR makes him (And many other characters) very powerful, but not above Thanos, for example, who is actually on a team in this tournament.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By New_World_Order

@Esquire said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: It's so on! Come at me everybody! >.> <.< *runs away*

Lool, I hope I don't face you first. I want to make it to the second round :P

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By New_World_Order

@CadenceV2 said:

@beatboks1 said:

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@beatboks1:

WTH?

Hell Lords are OP? They pale to Odin and Thanos pimp slaps Mephisto. Ontop of this Ghost Riders are Hell Lords as well Spawn. base on feats thay are lower than Odin in all areas. WTH?

How does Blackheart break the rules? Answere me that. Cause he is weaker than Nobel Kale Ghost Rider who is a.... Hell Lord.... like any Ghost Rider. Im just not following. I wanted Black Heart so I would not have to share feats of Nobel Kale and Ketch. Blackheart is actually weaker than Ghost Riders.

This is Ghost Rider beating Blackheart in his OWN Hell! How is this game breaking?! He is weaker than Ghost Riders!

Yeah I agree Hell Lords are Thor level. Well atleast Black Heart, Hela, and Pluto are. So no problem there.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By Pokergeist

@Mr_Ingenuity: @beatboks1:

GRs are above Mephisto who is below Thanos. Thanos is above Mephisto and far above Blackheart.

so I guess we should rule Thanos and Darkseid out of the Toureny. Unlike Kuurth who was NEVER defeated, Black Heart has been defeated by Fantastic Four, Son of Satan, Ghost Rider twice, and the Circle of Four cast (Human Control GR, Rulk, Venom) so yeah not unbeatable unlike Kuurth.

Just saying.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Blackheart is within the rules, but then again I am no Blackheart expert.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By beatboks1

OK Blackheart ok. I see no problems with GR's to be honest so if Blackheart is below them he's fine ( but then I saw no problem with a lot of characters). Since I've been so far off with the other characters everyone else had problems with that I thought were Ok I'll leave it up until I post the draft. If the majority on line don't complain I'm OK.

The reason I'm allowing temporary BFR is that there are some characters that if it's not on the table will not be able to be taken down.

To win you will have to kill, KO or completely contain a character (entrap- a BFR will not count for this). There are several characters that can't be killed so if KN and contain are the only options then they automatically have to be the last team member you take down to win. A temp BFR is one way to be able to leave these till last.

About to run the random number generator for the last 4

currently line up goes

1. thundergoswrath
  2. CadenceV2
  3. Juiceboks
  4. 202122
  5. backflip
  6. esquire
  7. joeganofthand1
  8. diredrill
  9. sovereign91001
  10. Oceanmaster21
  11. Mr_ingenuity
  12. Beatboks1
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#317  Edited By Sovereign91001

I'd like Icon's info tool and if possible his Maker and starship. As part of his gear.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Esquire

@beatboks1: Was there a verdict on Kuurth and H/P Doomsday?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Pokergeist

@Esquire: I have no probs with HP doomsday. Kuurth was rules out.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By beatboks1

@Esquire:Mr_ingenuity has already swapped Kuurth for Saviour Cable ( IIRC). I don't see an issue with H/P Doomsday he's only a super adaptive brick. I haven't had too many complaints on him. I'll give you all another hour to let me know otherwise. the Draw is ready. You can see the numbers you PM'd me ( plus the two who picked my number for me both picked 45 - what are the odds) except of course the last 4 that i used a random number generator for.

No Caption Provided

Bolded players are the ones I used random number generator for obviously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be interesting........

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By beatboks1

Round 1 is fought

No Caption Provided

On the planet Kryton 20 hours before it was destroyed.

Your teams have 2 hours prep

full knowledge of the opposing team

and full knowledge of the terrain.

In the planets core there is a vast power source that will elevate you to the next level (transport you to the place in time, space and dimension that the next battle will take place). It also grants you a boon for that battle (to be discovered in round 2 - after I think of it).

Even with the powers of your team it will take 4 hours to access the power source and you have to start activating it two hours before Krypton's destruction ( it takes 1 hour and 50 minutes to build up power). Failure to do so will result in the destruction of one of your team members ( one team members down for second round).

You will have to provide not just a battle strategy and evidence for how you can defeat your enemy but a realistic time frame to do so that is less than 14 hours.

When voting commences ( agreed on by players or in 4 days if not done by then) those voting will have to vote on

a) who won based on the debate and only the debate. If you think a team should have won but the argument didn't get to prove that vote for the team how proved their case.

b) whether you think the time frame laid out was believable. To keep it fair those who would face the winner of a battle in the next round will not vote on time frames.

Rules

Temporary BFR is allowed but will not make a win. To win you have to actually deal with each and every character

Win is by Death, KO, Incapacitation or Immobilization ( this is not achieved by a BFR)

Any feats used that would be considered above Odin (Marvel level) are null and void ( this is for anyone who may have slipped a character through I was unsure of)

All characters are in character and will interact as such. If there would normally be animosity or friction between them it will exist here. If characters are all used to ruling the roost they will fight for control and players will have to address.

Team who finishes their debate first and calls for voting will get first pick of the four boons on offer for round 2, second will get second etc. This is to encourage everyone to participate at their best :)

Good luck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we have to stop the opposing team and save Krypton in 14 hours?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By Esquire

@beatboks1: We're making our own threads, I assume? And are the teams in the OP up to date?

Sweet scenario, by the way.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By beatboks1

@joeagentofhand1 said:

So we have to stop the opposing team and save Krypton in 14 hours?

Not save Krypton, get to the powersource and have it activated to transport you to the next battle field. Failure to do so in time will mean it wont have anough power to send all five members. If you don't activate it to send on teim it is completely destroyed and none go.

@Esquire said:

@beatboks1: We're making our own threads, I assume? And are the teams in the OP up to date?

Sweet scenario, by the way.

Yest to own threads

no not all teams are Up to date. Just post as is and I'm sure your opponent will let you know of any changes. I lost a bit of track towards the end. Sorry.

Thanks I thought I'd mix it up a bit. Trying to decide if the Boons will be say four of the Infinity gems, four other artifacts of power, the couce of a power device or powerset of a vanguished team added to your one of your own, or go even further afield.

Thoughts??

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By afueikawa

Would gladly like to see this through, but I don't think I have enough time (have a job to do everyday - sorry).

I'm throwing in the towel, :-)

Anyone wanna take Amazo (with JL powers) from my team?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By beatboks1

you expressed interest in still playing after you dropped out. Still interested ?? now needs an adversary for round1

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By willpayton

@afueikawa said:

Would gladly like to see this through, but I don't think I have enough time (have a job to do everyday - sorry).

I'm throwing in the towel, :-)

Anyone wanna take Amazo (with JL powers) from my team?

This is what I was trying to get at earlier that the tourney should not overly rely on people being available to debate, because a lot of people cant commit as much time and might not be available at times when their opponents are there to debate.

@beatboks1 : I propose that for people who cant devote a lot of time to the debate, that they should be able to just write up a single post outlining their argument for the tactics and methods their team will employ for the fight, and send it to their opponent. It wouldnt even have to be a long post, just something with an argument in it. Then the opponent can create the thread and post the text, along with a follow up giving their own argument. Since their opponent only gives one post, the thread starter should only also post once with their arguments, although it can include counter-arguments to those made by the first guy. Follow up posts would be allowed in order to clarify or answer questions to voters. Then others can post with their votes, until the winner is decided by .

Alternately, if beatboks1 is starting the threads, send the PM to him. Then the opponent can reply with his arguments in the thread, but still limit to one post for fairness.

Sound reasonable?

@afueikawa: If the above rule is accepted by beatboks1, feel free to PM me with whatever arguments you want to give for your team. I will start the thread and post it along with my own, probably sometime tomorrow when I have time. Please note that my team now includes Despero instead of Cyborg Superman.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By DireDrill

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/planetary-tourney-joeagentofhand1-vs-diredrill/757073/

Here is our thread. I'll let Joe go first.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#330  Edited By boschePG

I PMed you beatboks

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Esquire

Does the 2 hours of prep count as part of out 14 hours? And can Mimic copy the powers of the opposing team? I would say no, since that makes him kind of overpowered. I only need him to copy my own powers.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By DireDrill

Is the planet populated? I know most battles assume unpopulated, but this is a special case.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By beatboks1

2 hours prep is before ant time as normal. if you think ifs unfair than fine just tour team.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By Pokergeist

@beatboks1: Is the Planet Poupulated?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Don't know if @18hunt: will show, he hasn't posted in this thread since page 6. JSYK...

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By New_World_Order

@beatboks1: So can I use Void? He's part of Sentry, and weaker than beings like Thanos & Blackheart.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By Dredeuced

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@beatboks1: So can I use Void? He's part of Sentry, and weaker than beings like Thanos & Blackheart.

You'd have to work it into him being in character if you have Sentry chosen on your team. You can't just assume all of Void's feats unless you've got a pretty good reason why Sentry would let void loose. It's like if someone had Hulk, but wanted Banner's intelligence and inventiveness for something. They're the same being but they operate separately unless specifically working together.

That'd be my take on it, obviously beatboks1's call.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By willpayton

@Dredeuced said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

You'd have to work it into him being in character if you have Sentry chosen on your team. You can't just assume all of Void's feats unless you've got a pretty good reason why Sentry would let void loose. It's like if someone had Hulk, but wanted Banner's intelligence and inventiveness for something. They're the same being but they operate separately unless specifically working together.

Or like picking Hulk but wanting World War Hulk's feats. Sure Hulk is capable of what WWH did, but it only happened through specific events in a certain storyline. For all intents and purposes Hulk and WWH are different versions of the character, and you cant give WWH's feats to Hulk. Void and Sentry are similar, they are practically too different characters.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By New_World_Order

@WillPayton: I guess. I know exactly how to work it in.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By Pokergeist

@ThunderGodsWrath: Well as a knowledgeable sentry guy myself, Sentry had Void powers by the end of dark Avengers before snapping. At the end of the day sentry real power set is Molecule Manipulation. Much like Molecule Man.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By New_World_Order

@CadenceV2 said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: Well as a knowledgeable sentry guy myself, Sentry had Void powers by the end of dark Avengers before snapping. At the end of the day sentry real power set is Molecule Manipulation. Much like Molecule Man.

Even better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Will the red sun affect KC Superman or any other kryptonian?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By Dredeuced

KC Superman never interacted with red solar radiation, IIRC, so I don't believe he'd have the same stated resistance he did to Kryptonite.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By DireDrill

Red Sun Radiation works regardless of universe. It worked on Superboy Prime and Superman-2 without issue. Now whether or not it works here is still up to .

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#346  Edited By Sovereign91001

It should, I've already used my prep to counter its effects and based my opening statement around it. lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have another question is the area we are fighting in abandoned?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By beatboks1

I hadn't even considered the impact on those teamsmwith kryptonians. doh . for sake of fairness all will have their normal power levels through the battle

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By beatboks1

@CadenceV2 said:

Is the Planet Populated?

Planet is populated but their all in their homes praying to Rao for his help since they gave up on space travel generations ago.

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

So can I use Void? He's part of Sentry, and weaker than beings like Thanos & Blackheart.

Thought I already ruled on Void and said OK. Going back through I see I did not. It's too late to make that change after the start IMO.

@Dredeuced said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

HMMM I like this option. It tales a little more creativity to use. If you can work him into achieving void state as per the way it happens that's all good. Of course the problem is it may make the 14hr time limit impossible. That would mean sacrificing a character to take Sentry to Void ( potentially). Have to ask is him gaining the power of Void worth loosing another player. Since the interesting twist this can produce might be intriguing I will allow it and allow any subsequent power upgrade to follow through to the next round.

@WillPayton said:

@Dredeuced said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Or like picking Hulk but wanting World War Hulk's feats. Sure Hulk is capable of what WWH did, but it only happened through specific events in a certain storyline. For all intents and purposes Hulk and WWH are different versions of the character, and you cant give WWH's feats to Hulk. Void and Sentry are similar, they are practically too different characters.

Like I just said if someone can present a feasible means of doing so that follows the character guidelines that can be achieved within the time frame I'm cool with it. As long as any upgrade still leaves the character within the Odin limit. Only because it takes quite the creativity to do it the way suggested, and should make for even better reads.

@Sovereign91001 said:

Just for ease of viewing here are the threads:

Beatbok1 vs Dccomicsrule2011

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/planetary-plus-beatboks1-vs-dccomicsrule2011/757055/

202122 vs Juiceboks

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/planetary-plus-202122-vs-juiceboks/757067/#4

Sovereign91001 vs Oceanmaster21

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/planetary-tournament-r1-sovereign91001-vs-oceanmaster21/757051/#9

18hunt vs Mr_Ingenuity

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/planetary-tourney-18hunt-vs-mr_ingenuity/757080/#1

Backflip vs Esquire

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/planetary-tournament-round-1-backflip-vs-esquire/757135/#13

Cadencev2 vs Thundergodswrath

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/planetary-tournament-cadencev2-vs-thundergodswrath/757088/#3

Joeagentofhand1 vs Diredrill

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/planetary-tourney-joeagentofhand1-vs-diredrill/757073/#3

Thanks

It should, I've already used my prep to counter its effects and based my opening statement around it. lol

Sorry if it's put you to extra work. I didn't even consider that and how it would disadvantage some teams. For the sake of the battle Any characters chosen who get their power from YK radiation will not be adversely affected by the environ. Doesn't mean that someone seeking to use Red K as a weapon and who were planning to do so with whatever they could do in the prep wont be able to do so. Let's say TOAA wants to see these fights out so has made it so the Suns radiation doesn't get to these characters but any other Red energy can. So your prep will just protect you from that.

@joeagentofhand1 said:

I have another question is the area we are fighting in abandoned?

The open spaces are. Everyone's in doors making peace with their maker.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By New_World_Order

@beatboks1: Okay.