Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pea55
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

This is a 110 lbs, bloodlusted, peak canine, pitbull vs a male hyena.

Fight takes place in an open field.

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think fighting pits are alot smaller than that. I dont know if hyenas are game animals or not so i cant comment

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kute said:

I think fighting pits are alot smaller than that. I dont know if hyenas are game animals or not so i cant comment

This isn't a regular fighting pitbull

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena stomps.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cpt_nice

Hyena stomps.

^ This. The hyena is bigger and has way more brute strength. And his bite force is one of the most powerful on the planet.

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:
@goatzilla said:

Hyena stomps.

^ This. The hyena is bigger and has way more brute strength. And his bite force is one of the most powerful on the planet.

Nope. The hyena is slightly taller, but much thinner and less muscled than the pitbull. It has far less overall brute strength, but does have the most powerful jaw in the animal world.

The critical advantage for the pitbull is that hyena's are pack fighters and scavengers, so not accustomed to symmetric fights. Pitbull takes it 6/10.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pea55

Anyone else??

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the physicals the hyena should win. However the pitbulls tenacity could shock the hyena as they rarely stand and fight one on one.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

It's physically impossible for a Pitbull to weigh as much as a person..that's ridiculous.

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kute

@juiceboks:

Not a purebred. But those pitbull shops are like crude genetics labs.

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Hulk, the world's largest Pitbull weighs around 175 pounds.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/175-pound-pit-bull-hulk-shatters-misconceptions-breed/story?id=29353371

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kute: Purebred natural Pitbulls are perfectly capable of weighing upwards of 100 pounds. It's large for the breed, no doubt, but that's normal in nature.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena stomps, far larger and more powerful animal and durable, Christ even Lions have trouble killing Hyenas. On average they weigh between 90-190 pounds, (heavier than Hulk). There is historic accounts of them killing dogs in their jaws after holding them for only a few seconds, they were also pitted against mastiffs and came out on top.

One bite and its goodnight for the Pit bull, maybe two or three would fare better.

General Rule of thumb

Wild Animals>>>>>Domestic ones.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pea55

@amazingscrewonhead said:

Hyena stomps, far larger and more powerful animal and durable, Christ even Lions have trouble killing Hyenas. On average they weigh between 90-190 pounds, (heavier than Hulk). There is historic accounts of them killing dogs in their jaws after holding them for only a few seconds, they were also pitted against mastiffs and came out on top.

One bite and its goodnight for the Pit bull, maybe two or three would fare better.

General Rule of thumb

1. No the hyena is not far larger. In this case the hyena might actually be about 20 lbs smaller for it is a male, which is usually the smaller 90 lbs adult hyena. The female hyena are usually about 30% larger than that of the males, and a lot stronger/ more agressive.

2. This pitbull is not like any other dog period. Not saying that the pit wins, but he is a peak canine.... Meaning that he has peak canine speed(fastest greyhounds on earth), peak canine strength(strongest mastiff, presa, rott, st. Bernard etc...) peak canine aglity, bite, fighting experience, etc..... this pit is 110 lbs regardless of their average size, and is not like any other canine on earth. Again, not saying the pit wins, but don't undermine the possibilities of the pit winning.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Kokemabb200
No Caption Provided

I came into this expecting it to be Pitbull the musician, not the animal.

I'm embarrassingly unprepared.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@pea55 said:

1. No the hyena is not far larger. In this case the hyena might actually be about 20 lbs smaller for it is a male, which is usually the smaller 90 lbs adult hyena. The female hyena are usually about 30% larger than that of the males, and a lot stronger/ more agressive.

2. This pitbull is not like any other dog period. Not saying that the pit wins, but he is a peak canine.... Meaning that he has peak canine speed(fastest greyhounds on earth), peak canine strength(strongest mastiff, presa, rott, st. Bernard etc...) peak canine aglity, bite, fighting experience, etc..... this pit is 110 lbs regardless of their average size, and is not like any other canine on earth. Again, not saying the pit wins, but don't undermine the possibilities of the pit winning.

1. Males are not 30% smaller than females, about 5-15% smaller only. Males average over 100lbs.

2. He is not injected with a super soldier serum thing. He is only a peak pitbull, i.e., what his peak capabilities can be at 110lb.

If he is peak canine, then he should be as coordinated in attacks as a wolf, as strong jaws as a wolf, & has as much of durability as wolf, then it'd be a wolf rather than a pitbull, much less a dog.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Invictus22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt the hyena would fight. They are scavengers and aren't inclined to 1 on 1 fights. If they both had to fight to the death then I would say the hynena's powerful jaws could deliver a killing bite through the pitbull's muscle. Hyena wins 7/10

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ghost_rider1

Is this thread serious? A hyena male or female would wreck a pitbull. These animals kill every single day just to stay alive. U honestly believe a domestic animal could hope to survive against a hyena? Hyenas give Lions trouble. Leopards carry food in trees to keep it safe from predators like hyenas. How do you expect a domestic dog to stand toe to toe with an animal that kill for a living?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this thread serious? A hyena male or female would wreck a pitbull. These animals kill every single day just to stay alive. U honestly believe a domestic animal could hope to survive against a hyena? Hyenas give Lions trouble. Leopards carry food in trees to keep it safe from predators like hyenas. How do you expect a domestic dog to stand toe to toe with an animal that kill for a living?

I agree, but to be fair some pit-bulls also kill for a living too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By 98115

hyena murks

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

General Rule of thumb

Avatar image for generic_cannon_fodder
generic_cannon_fodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'd need 2-3 pitbulls really. Even then they'd need the coordination/teamwork of wolves

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pea55 said:

1. Males are not 30% smaller than females, about 5-15% smaller only. Males average over 100lbs.

2. He is not injected with a super soldier serum thing. He is only a peak pitbull, i.e., what his peak capabilities can be at 110lb.

If he is peak canine, then he should be as coordinated in attacks as a wolf, as strong jaws as a wolf, & has as much of durability as wolf, then it'd be a wolf rather than a pitbull, much less a dog.

1. What i posted is accurate based on what I've studied. Until u can post proof that your info is legitimate, it means nothing.

2. Serum injections are irrelevant, for no one spoke of anything like that. You can't tell me what kind of pitbull this is. I created this thread, so I'm the only one who can make those calls. His capabilities are at whatever levels I put them.

3. This pitbull is not a peak pitbull. This pitbull has been altered by ME to make this fight closer to even. Any other pit gets slaughtered in my opinion.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes this thread is serious. Hyenas actually don't kill as much as they steal, and they don't eat "every single day". Again this pitbull isn't a regular "domestic" animal. You would know that if you pay a little more attention.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pea55:

@pea55 said:

2. Serum injections are irrelevant, for no one spoke of anything like that. You can't tell me what kind of pitbull this is. I created this thread, so I'm the only one who can make those calls. His capabilities are at whatever levels I put them.

3. This pitbull is not a peak pitbull. This pitbull has been altered by ME to make this fight closer to even. Any other pit gets slaughtered in my opinion.

1. You proof first. I can, but it was you who first made irrelevant claims (The image shows spotted hyena)

2. Yes, you are OP, you are god of this thread, but you can't decide the winner, or make thread where you don't want any argument discussed. Otherwise there is no use to make a thread & asking others, if you have already made up the mind.

3. So, you mean it is an animal which

• weights 110lb (avg wolf weight)
  • is as durable as a wolf (peak canine)
  • is as strong as a wolf (peak canine)
  • has a bite force of a wolf (peak canine)
  • has a killer instinct of a wolf (peak canine)
  • has the hunting ability of a wolf (peak canine)
  • has large jaws like a wolf (peak canine, again)
  • can run as fast as a greyhound (peak canine speed)

But still it is a pitbull vs hyena?

how? please explain

Avatar image for harbingerofmomz
Harbingerofmomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: I wouldn't really qualify a wolf as "peak canine" some dog breeds have a higher bite force than a wolf, and some dog breeds could out muscle a wolf.

But I do agree, it really isn't a pit bull in this match, it's more like a frankencanine, lol.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By APEX_pretador

@apex_pretador: I wouldn't really qualify a wolf as "peak canine" some dog breeds have a higher bite force than a wolf, and some dog breeds could out muscle a wolf.

But I do agree, it really isn't a pit bull in this match, it's more like a frankencanine, lol.

Although I'm not disagreeing w/ you, but wolf may be classified as a peak canine for its weight. It's very rare for a dog breed to exceed bite force of wolf at 110 lb, and peak wolf>peak dogs in almost every case. But dogs are so extensively & intensively bred that anything may be possible.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pea55:

U must have very limited knowledge on hyenas. Hyenas are PREDATORS AND SCAVENGERS.....even Lions steal food and they still are considered predators. Hyenas HUNT for food all the time. Even if u did beef up a DOG in this OP. Hyenas fight and kill on a regular. Even Lions are threatened by them. Do u think this pit can go toe to toe with an African Lion? No it cant, but a Hyena sure can....and this has been shown and proven countless times. A domestic dog could never beat a hyena

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena with ease.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pea55

@apex_pretador said:

@pea55:

@pea55 said:

1. You proof first. I can, but it was you who first made irrelevant claims (The image shows spotted hyena)

2. Yes, you are OP, you are god of this thread, but you can't decide the winner, or make thread where you don't want any argument discussed. Otherwise there is no use to make a thread & asking others, if you have already made up the mind.

3. So, you mean it is an animal which

• weights 110lb (avg wolf weight)
  • is as durable as a wolf (peak canine)
  • is as strong as a wolf (peak canine)
  • has a bite force of a wolf (peak canine)
  • has a killer instinct of a wolf (peak canine)
  • has large jaws like a wolf (peak chttp://www.animalfactsencyclopedia.com/Hyena-facts.htmlanine, again)

But still it is a pitbull vs hyena?

how? please explain

1. I'll provide some proof although u should be the one to "prove" since u were the first to negate my so called "irrelevant claims". Which I dont see how they're irrelevant. Maybe you meant inaccurate??

http://mammalfacts.com/hyena-facts.html

number 8 states that females are "30%" larger than males. Animal facts state the same

http://www.animalfactsencyclopedia.com/Hyena-facts.html

Male hyena are from 90 to 120 lbs based on https://www.discountafricanhunts.com/africananimals/spotted-hyena-.html

although there's all types different weights set for them. The point I'm making is the male could possibly end up smaller than the dog because he be as small as 90lbs

@pea55 said:

1. No the hyena is not far larger. In this case the hyena MIGHT actually be about 20 lbs smaller for it is a male

Hints why I said might.

2. Who said that I decided winner?? Who said I didnt want arguments discussed?? Who said that I made up my mind?? I never revealed who I felt the winner was, so I don't know where u getting all of this from. Assumptions can be wrong bro JS.

• weights 110lb (avg wolf weight) YES correct
  • is as durable as a wolf (peak canine) I'm not exactly sure the wolf is more durable. Some larger Molosser breeds have thicker/denser bones. Thicker bones would be tougher to break so it could be said comfortably that, regarding skeletons, the dog is more durable. Dogs have other traits that could also add to their durability vs the wolf. Things like looser skin and a heavier more muscular frame making the dog SEEM more robust than its wolf cousins.
  • is as strong as a wolf(peak canine) I'm not sure if the wolf is stronger either. I'm not sure if this is true but I've heard multiple times that the bandog and the kangal amongst several other large breeds are stronger than your average wolf. I've also read that Irish wolfhounds were bred as far back as 3 BC. Unlike other wolfhound breeds, Irish wolfhounds were bred to kill wolves single handedly. Before their near extinction, good wolfhounds were large and strong enough to seize a wolf across the loins and trot off with it. After the Cromwellian conquest of Ireland, Oliver Cromwell imposed a ban on the exportation of Irish wolfhounds in order to tackle wolves.
  • has a bite force of a wolf (peak canine) Yes and No.... The kangal has the strongest bite out of domestic dogs at 743 psi, while the average wolf is only at 400 psi, but if a large wolf is protecting itself its bite force can reach 1200 psi. The hyena btw has a bite force that only max out at 1100 psi which would give this pitbull the upper hand in bite force.
  • has a killer instinct of a wolf (peak canine) No, It's bloodlusted. All it wants is to kill.
  • has large jaws like a wolf (peak chttp://www.animalfactsencyclopedia.com/Hyena-facts.htmlanine, again)

Its still pit vs hyena?? Yes it is

How?? Because that's the way I want it..... Remember I'm "God" here. lol

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hyena's have been documented to Kill Doberman, and then store them underwater to eat later.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pea55: Since you seem to agree with most of my points, I'll only dioscuss with those which you don't agree. See my points

@pea55 said:
  1. is as durable as a wolf (peak canine) I'm not exactly sure the wolf is more durable. Some larger Molosser breeds have thicker/denser bones. Thicker bones would be tougher to break so it could be said comfortably that, regarding skeletons, the dog is more durable. Dogs have other traits that could also add to their durability vs the wolf. Things like looser skin and a heavier more muscular frame making the dog SEEM more robust than its wolf cousins.
  2. is as strong as a wolf(peak canine) I'm not sure if the wolf is stronger either. I'm not sure if this is true but I've heard multiple times that the bandog and the kangal amongst several other large breeds are stronger than your average wolf. I've also read that Irish wolfhounds were bred as far back as 3 BC. Unlike other wolfhound breeds, Irish wolfhounds were bred to kill wolves single handedly. Before their near extinction, good wolfhounds were large and strong enough to seize a wolf across the loins and trot off with it. After the Cromwellian conquest of Ireland, Oliver Cromwell imposed a ban on the exportation of Irish wolfhounds in order to tackle wolves.
  3. has a killer instinct of a wolf (peak canine) No, It's bloodlusted. All it wants is to kill.
  4. has large jaws like a wolf (peak chttp://www.animalfactsencyclopedia.com/Hyena-facts.htmlanine, again)
  1. Wolves prey on big prey, like elk & moose. They encounter kicks from them, sometimes to skull. (I've read it somewhere about them surviving kicks to skull from fully grown elk & moose. I don't have a source currently) They have thick fur, and fur is lighter than skin, but adds more to durability. As for robust, yes, some dogs (and some pitbulls) are more robust than wolf, but either they are very large, or really compact. Both hurt them. Also, being more robust may get you more durability, but it will mean heavy bones, so less muscle at the same weight. Wolves are better than any dog comparably robust in durability.
  2. Large dogs may be stronger than wolf, but 110 lb dogs? really? Wolf has stronger triceps (more tricep mass %) than most other animals, which means that they can exert more "pushing force" than others. Wolves have better muscle mass % than most dogs (dogs which are more robust), so, they are either stronger, or more durable than any given dog at its weight. So, at 1 or 2, atleast one property belongs to wolf, and for peak purpose, you get the wolf.
  3. Instinct is something natural, it can't be trained. A wolf goes for instant killing spots, while a dog, no matter how "bloodlusted" it is, it will just bite randomly (unless trained to bite at weak spots). It is just like a bloodlust gorilla, who will randomly smash his hands, & charge while running, as he doesn't know how to kill.
  4. What has hyena fact do to with canines? hyena is not canine

I'll provide some proof although u should be the one to "prove" since u were the first to negate my so called "irrelevant claims". Which I dont see how they're irrelevant. Maybe you meant inaccurate??

I mean irrelevant as it has nothing to do with battle. On this same link you quoted, it is mentioned avg hyena weight is 100-140 lb ,so we take it as a middle value 120 lb, no more so as to have pitbull stand a chance. (it also states females at 120-165 lb, nowhere near 30% larger)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_hyena#Dimensions

Adult male spotted hyenas in the Serengeti weigh 40.5–55.0 kg (89.3–121.3 lb), while females weigh 44.5–63.9 kg (98–141 lb). Spotted hyenas in Zambia tend to be heavier, with males weighing on average 67.6 kg (149 lb), and females 69.2 kg (153 lb).[36

So, neither is it 30%, but also it shows avg varies from 100 to 149 lb. So, essentially hyena is bigger than pitbull used here.

your turn now.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pea55:

U must have very limited knowledge on hyenas. Hyenas are PREDATORS AND SCAVENGERS.....even Lions steal food and they still are considered predators. Hyenas HUNT for food all the time. Even if u did beef up a DOG in this OP. Hyenas fight and kill on a regular. Even Lions are threatened by them. Do u think this pit can go toe to toe with an African Lion? No it cant, but a Hyena sure can....and this has been shown and proven countless times. A domestic dog could never beat a hyena

When did I ever say that hyenas wasn't predators/scavengers???? Yes they're both but they are primarily scavengers. A male hyena never ever tries to go "toe to toe" with a lion. U cant show me a video of something like that taking place. How many times do I have to tell u guys that this isn't a regular domestic dog. If u really observe the statistics you would see that this pit has advantages against it's contender.

A hyena is a wild animal, wild animals evolve by avoiding conflict and attacking what they know doesn't have potential to inflict damage. They usually attack in groups.

There are reasons why. It's because of the way wild animals evolved. The only animal that I'm aware of that is willing to fight to the death and keep coming no matter what is still a gamebred pitbull. Wild animals in general don't have a high pain tolerance, if a wild animal engages in battle it will flee if the opponent causes them any pain. Even if they are in theory the better fighter with the better tools.

I use an analogy of a plane and pilot, just because 1 pilot might have the better weapons, the pilot would still have to engage. If you make a living out of shooting down cessnas with no guns, you aren't going to engage with a crazy kamikaze because your desire to stay alive is much stronger than their desire. Gamebred pitbulls don't run away no matter how bad they are losing.

Having better weapons doesn't do much good when your pain tolerance threshold is that of a wild animal.

Dogs have evolved to serve as human companions, and as such they do not have the same degree of fear to be injured in a fight that most wild animals do because they rely on said human companionship to take care of them. If a hyena gets even a simple injury in a fight with a rival challenging for an alpha status or against a prey item it has the potential to ultimately render him unable to hunt, compete, or contribute to his pack and can result in death. We are talking about things like broken bones, severe sprains or ligament damage, stuff that dogs bounce back from no problem because they get taken to the vet. Because of this, there are many breeds of guard dog that will defend its owners literally to the death and are more than willing to fight with a wild boar and risk huge injury, whereas the boar which is sometimes three to four times larger than said dog runs and tries to get away, because a fight even if he can win it is not worth it. In the wild, it is much rarer to see full on fights to the death unless there is hunting involved because the animals can't afford to get injured. The two lions fighting eachother might do a little more sumo wrestling than biting or swiping just because that way the winner doesn't get fucked up enough that he dies from the resulting injuries even after he has defeated the outcast. Dogo Argentinos are a perfect example of this, literally staring death in the face because they know they can rely on their owner to take care of them and recuperate them if their injuries are severe; it is a mutual relationship that benefits the dog greatly, and they have adapted to take advantage of this. Rhodesian Ridgebacks as well....I mean, the Ridgeback chases after the lion when at any point in time the lion could turn around and that Ridgeback would have no chance whatsoever. But it hunts on, regardless, knowing he can depend on humans if he gets hurt or something goes wrong. The way two Pit Bulls fight in a ring is not an accurate representation of how two bears, wolves, or lions fight in the wild. The Pits are willing to die, the lions, while being much more formidable, do not want to risk injury during their fights if they can avoid it.

Does that mean monstrous pit can take out the hyena? Not necessarily, just another thing to think about. Again, there are a lot of factors involved and it is tough to say. Again, I am not saying that the damned pitbull wins. You guys are just downplaying the dog w/o scrutinizing the facts.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pea55

@pea55: Since you seem to agree with most of my points, I'll only dioscuss with those which you don't agree. See my points

@pea55 said:
  1. is as durable as a wolf (peak canine) I'm not exactly sure the wolf is more durable. Some larger Molosser breeds have thicker/denser bones. Thicker bones would be tougher to break so it could be said comfortably that, regarding skeletons, the dog is more durable. Dogs have other traits that could also add to their durability vs the wolf. Things like looser skin and a heavier more muscular frame making the dog SEEM more robust than its wolf cousins.
  2. is as strong as a wolf(peak canine) I'm not sure if the wolf is stronger either. I'm not sure if this is true but I've heard multiple times that the bandog and the kangal amongst several other large breeds are stronger than your average wolf. I've also read that Irish wolfhounds were bred as far back as 3 BC. Unlike other wolfhound breeds, Irish wolfhounds were bred to kill wolves single handedly. Before their near extinction, good wolfhounds were large and strong enough to seize a wolf across the loins and trot off with it. After the Cromwellian conquest of Ireland, Oliver Cromwell imposed a ban on the exportation of Irish wolfhounds in order to tackle wolves.
  3. has a killer instinct of a wolf (peak canine) No, It's bloodlusted. All it wants is to kill.
  4. has large jaws like a wolf (peak chttp://www.animalfactsencyclopedia.com/Hyena-facts.htmlanine, again)
  1. Wolves prey on big prey, like elk & moose. They encounter kicks from them, sometimes to skull. (I've read it somewhere about them surviving kicks to skull from fully grown elk & moose. I don't have a source currently) They have thick fur, and fur is lighter than skin, but adds more to durability. As for robust, yes, some dogs (and some pitbulls) are more robust than wolf, but either they are very large, or really compact. Both hurt them. Also, being more robust may get you more durability, but it will mean heavy bones, so less muscle at the same weight. Wolves are better than any dog comparably robust in durability.
  2. Large dogs may be stronger than wolf, but 110 lb dogs? really? Wolf has stronger triceps (more tricep mass %) than most other animals, which means that they can exert more "pushing force" than others. Wolves have better muscle mass % than most dogs (dogs which are more robust), so, they are either stronger, or more durable than any given dog at its weight. So, at 1 or 2, atleast one property belongs to wolf, and for peak purpose, you get the wolf.
  3. Instinct is something natural, it can't be trained. A wolf goes for instant killing spots, while a dog, no matter how "bloodlusted" it is, it will just bite randomly (unless trained to bite at weak spots). It is just like a bloodlust gorilla, who will randomly smash his hands, & charge while running, as he doesn't know how to kill.
  4. What has hyena fact do to with canines? hyena is not canine

I'll provide some proof although u should be the one to "prove" since u were the first to negate my so called "irrelevant claims". Which I dont see how they're irrelevant. Maybe you meant inaccurate??

I mean irrelevant as it has nothing to do with battle. On this same link you quoted, it is mentioned avg hyena weight is 100-140 lb ,so we take it as a middle value 120 lb, no more so as to have pitbull stand a chance. (it also states females at 120-165 lb, nowhere near 30% larger)

Adult male spotted hyenas in the Serengeti weigh 40.5–55.0 kg (89.3–121.3 lb), while females weigh 44.5–63.9 kg (98–141 lb). Spotted hyenas in Zambia tend to be heavier, with males weighing on average 67.6 kg (149 lb), and females 69.2 kg (153 lb).[36

So, neither is it 30%, but also it shows avg varies from 100 to 149 lb. So, essentially hyena is bigger than pitbull used here.

your turn now.

1. I'm not exactly sure which is overall more durable, but regarding skeletons, it is safe to assume that dogs are more durable. Skull wise I've read that the wolf is more durable, but keep in mind that dogs espesially big dogs tank hits from cars all the time. My G shep husky mix got hit by a cadillac goin at 35 mph. He limped for literally a few minutes then started running again like nothing happened. not to mention that bumper smacked him in the head, sending him to do an 820. Again I'm not saying that the dog is 100% more durable.

2. You're missing the point. There are dogs that are stronger than the wolf period. With that being said the pitbull in this fight has the strength of those dogs.

3. I have to disagree with u on this one bro. first off, there is no level of bloodlust. either you are or u aren't. secondly, I've countless times seen dogs(that have never ever fought b4) go straight for killing blows. straight for the neck of raccoons, possums, people, rats, ducks, cats, other dogs, etc.... I've seen it happen in one strike. Even with dogs that I have owned.

4. I'm confused here. I have no idea what you're talking about here.

5. I have to go to sleep and get a few hours of ZZZzzzz before work.... Will be back on when I can.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pea55 said:

1. I'm not exactly sure which is overall more durable, but regarding skeletons, it is safe to assume that dogs are more durable. Skull wise I've read that the wolf is more durable, but keep in mind that dogs espesially big dogs tank hits from cars all the time. My G shep husky mix got hit by a cadillac goin at 35 mph. He limped for literally a few minutes then started running again like nothing happened. not to mention that bumper smacked him in the head, sending him to do an 820. Again I'm not saying that the dog is 100% more durable.

2. You're missing the point. There are dogs that are stronger than the wolf period. With that being said the pitbull in this fight has the strength of those dogs.

3. I have to disagree with u on this one bro. first off, there is no level of bloodlust. either you are or u aren't. secondly, I've countless times seen dogs(that have never ever fought b4) go straight for killing blows. straight for the neck of raccoons, possums, people, rats, ducks, cats, other dogs, etc.... I've seen it happen in one strike. Even with dogs that I have owned.

5. I have to go to sleep and get a few hours of ZZZzzzz before work.... Will be back on when I can.

1. As you said, no way of telling who is more durable, but it is safe to assume that wolves are pretty great durable for a fight.

2. Weight matters. A Bengal tiger weights 500 lb, while a huge siberian tiger may weight 550 lb. So, siberian would be definitely stronger. but at 500 lb, bengal tiger is much stronger than siberian tiger, due to more muscle %.

But in case of lion & tiger, Tiger is stronger even at equal weights because lion is more robust, so lion has more bone mass, but tiger has more muscle mass.

So, if you take a dog more robust than wolf, it will have heavy bones, and so it will have lesser muscle at 110 lb. So it will be weaker.

3. OK, forget it.

4. This is what you said, highlighted above as first point. I didn't understand it.

5. Ok, reply whenever you're free.

Bahumat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Change thread name to Composite dog vs hyena

Avatar image for johndanielmclemore
JohnDanielMcLemore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heyena wins.

Pitbull is stronger, but that's it (Honestly the heyena could be a 120Lb. Female and the pit would still be stronger, only if it's a 110 lb Pit). However the pit bull would need thicker fur (durability), more stamina, more speed (Reaction/Combat speed), and a bigger mouth to win this.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heyena wins.

Pitbull is stronger, but that's it (Honestly the heyena could be a 120Lb. Female and the pit would still be stronger, only if it's a 110 lb Pit). However the pit bull would need thicker fur (durability), more stamina, more speed (Reaction/Combat speed), and a bigger mouth to win this.

1. I assume your talking about a regular domestic pitbull, and if you are than u are wrong about it being stronger than adult hyenas(especially females).

2. The pitbull in this fight has the stamina/endurance of the grey wolf(peak canine stamina) which outclasses the hyena, and most(if not all) grounded land animals on earth in the stamina dept. So, no the pit does not need more stamina.

3. The contending pitbull also has the speed of the the greyhound(peak canine speed) which is running speed of 39 miles per hour, while a hyena is only running at 37. So, no the pitbull does not need more "speed" either.

4. He does not need a bigger mouth either

'

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Just_Banter

Hyena. It could probably snap the Pitbull's neck if it went in at the right angle.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pitbull can win possibly. Hyenas have bite force advantage and that's pretty much it. They don't kill one on one, they hunt in packs and scavenge, all these people taking about lions having problems with hyenas are ignoring the fact it's because of the hyenas greater numbers. A lion would stomp a hyena one on one.

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 280

Hyena with one good bite..

AgentSandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

your turn now.

1. We are not using the average hyena, we are using the male hyena which is stated everywhere that is has a mass of 100-120 or 90-120. since the smallest is 90 lbs and the max is 120 than the middle value would actually be at 105 lbs. My initial point was only to express that the hyena could POSSIBLY be smaller, which isn't gonna make or break anything at the end of the fight.

2. Sure a small female can be as small as a large male hyena, just like a man can be shorter than a woman I, but it's just not likely for it to happen that way. Typically the female is about 30% larger that of the male, and that's what was stated on # 8 in the link the I posted regardless to whether or not u wanna believe it. I don't really care to argue about standard sizes/weight for the two contenders are gonna be around the same size anyway. With that being said, weight shouldn't determine who wins.

3.Dude u posted a link to a wiki. I wanna say wikis cannot be used as a legitimate source to back up an argument here on comicvine. Wikis are known to hold inaccurate information, and can be edited by anyone.

4. Dude, you can't use the country of Zambia as a source to prove the general size of the spotted hyena. Yes it's true that spotted hyenas are larger there, but Zambia holds less than 5% of the hyenas geographic population.

@pea55 said:

1. As you said, no way of telling who is more durable, but it is safe to assume that wolves are pretty great durable for a fight.

2. Weight matters. A Bengal tiger weights 500 lb, while a huge siberian tiger may weight 550 lb. So, siberian would be definitely stronger. but at 500 lb, bengal tiger is much stronger than siberian tiger, due to more muscle %.

But in case of lion & tiger, Tiger is stronger even at equal weights because lion is more robust, so lion has more bone mass, but tiger has more muscle mass.

So, if you take a dog more robust than wolf, it will have heavy bones, and so it will have lesser muscle at 110 lb. So it will be weaker.

3. OK, forget it.

4. This is what you said, highlighted above as first point. I didn't understand it.

1. As far as I know there's no way to tell who is more durable. All I know is that dogs are superior when it comes to skeleton, and the wolves have a more durable skull. It's not safe to assume, for there is no reason to. It is fact the the wolves have great durability.

2. Being robust does not equal heavy bones, nor does it equal greater bone mass. The most common synonym for the word "robust" is strong. Muscular is also a common synonym for the word "ROBUST". with that being said, the tiger would be more "robust" than the lion due to the sportage of superior muscle mass. You clearly have an inaccurate understanding of the word. So that makes your lion vs tiger, or tiger vs tiger analogy waaaaaaay off.

I also have to disagree with the siberian tiger being inferior to the bengal tiger statement that u made. The siberian is the stronger one the 2. A "HUGE" siberian tiger would be listed at 700lbs not 550. I know that this tiger talk is all off subject, but where are u getting this flawed info????

3. mmmmm okay

4.Oh, I see.... Don't know how that got posted.... weird.....

5. Okay back to sleep for work in a few.

TheOneAboveYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena wins with one bite.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pea55: I have answer to all your points:

@apex_pretador said:

your turn now.

1. We are not using the average hyena, we are using the male hyena which is stated everywhere that is has a mass of 100-120 or 90-120. since the smallest is 90 lbs and the max is 120 than the middle value would actually be at 105 lbs. My initial point was only to express that the hyena could POSSIBLY be smaller, which isn't gonna make or break anything at the end of the fight.

Oh, i forgot to type : avg male hyena weights 100-140 lb, and females weight 120-165 lb, according to your link.

2. Sure a small female can be as small as a large male hyena, just like a man can be shorter than a woman I, but it's just not likely for it to happen that way. Typically the female is about 30% larger that of the male, and that's what was stated on # 8 in the link the I posted regardless to whether or not u wanna believe it. I don't really care to argue about standard sizes/weight for the two contenders are gonna be around the same size anyway. With that being said, weight shouldn't determine who wins.

It is just that females are larger than males, but all we want is weight of avg male hyena, and avg of 100-140 is 120 lb. See above point, it is avg male weight.

3.Dude u posted a link to a wiki. I wanna say wikis cannot be used as a legitimate source to back up an argument here on comicvine. Wikis are known to hold inaccurate information, and can be edited by anyone.

I didn't link to A WIKI, I linked to WIKIPEDIA, while it is a wiki, it is always monitored by lot of experts around the world, and they have hundreds of references to back themselves up. In case of this hyena article, it has 200+ references.

4. Dude, you can't use the country of Zambia as a source to prove the general size of the spotted hyena. Yes it's true that spotted hyenas are larger there, but Zambia holds less than 5% of the hyenas geographic population.

Again, there are differences from place to place, and individual to individual. Either we specify them, or we must take avg, or peak (but avg in this case, peak will be too much)

@apex_pretador said:

3. OK, forget it.

1. As far as I know there's no way to tell who is more durable. All I know is that dogs are superior when it comes to skeleton, and the wolves have a more durable skull. It's not safe to assume, for there is no reason to. It is fact the the wolves have great durability.

I said we can safely assume that wolves are highly durable for a fight, and they are more durable than most dogs at same weight .Although some may be more than wolf, they must have very strong (ROBUST) frame.

2. Being robust does not equal heavy bones, nor does it equal greater bone mass. The most common synonym for the word "robust" is strong. Muscular is also a common synonym for the word "ROBUST". with that being said, the tiger would be more "robust" than the lion due to the sportage of superior muscle mass. You clearly have an inaccurate understanding of the word. So that makes your lion vs tiger, or tiger vs tiger analogy waaaaaaay off.

http://carnivoraforum.com/topic/9333928/1/

Here is where my robusticity argument comes from. Here it is mentioned that robusticity for animals is determined by measuring thickness of bones relative to the length. Being robust generally correlates with bones. Being robust means strong structure, which is skeleton.

Also, a more robust animal can withstand greater force, which relates with durability.

I also have to disagree with the siberian tiger being inferior to the bengal tiger statement that u made. The siberian is the stronger one the 2. A "HUGE" siberian tiger would be listed at 700lbs not 550. I know that this tiger talk is all off subject, but where are u getting this flawed info????

700 lbs are freak specimen. Some freak bengals also reach 600+ lbs. I am just saying that 550 lb siberian will be definitely stronger than 500 lb bengal tiger, but if both are 500 lb, bengal is stronger. It is because it has more muscle % than siberian. I was just giving example that more muscle % means more strength.

3. mmmmm okay

ok

4.Oh, I see.... Don't know how that got posted.... weird.....

fine

5. Okay back to sleep for work in a few.

Avatar image for johndanielmclemore
JohnDanielMcLemore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pea55:

1. No I'm talkin about any pit bull that weighs 110 lbs.

2&3. I thought they meant peak canine as in, the fastest pit on earth, the strongest pit on earth, the most stamina pit on earth, the most durable pit on earth. But if means all canines in one. The pit bull will stomp that's so much of a mismatch I didn't think that's what it meant.

4. A bigger mouth means a harder bite that's why lion bites do way more damage than heyena!!

Well my bad didn't know it meant all canines in one, but yea pit wins