Padawan Anakin Skywalker (pre-AOTC) vs Ashoka Tano (CW)

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silentbat
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Let's put them at around the same age. 16-year-old Anakin vs 16-year-old Ashoka Tano.

Weapons: Anakin standard blue. Ashoka standard green with yellow shoto.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By spartankobe

Hmm. I am not sure about this. :D

@shootingnova@jedixman What do you think?

I think I am slightly leaning towards Ahsoka but I am not certain.

Does Anakin have any feats when he was 16 or around that time period? I'm not that knowledgeable so IDK.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3 JediXMan  Moderator

@spartankobe:

I don't particularly like TCW, and I have intense hatred for Ahsoka... so I'm probably not going to be helpful here.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@spartankobe: im leaning toward ashoka too since she has a lot more feats at that age and is a lot more agile than anakin

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spartankobe

@jedixman: @shootingnova Can you at least tell me if Anakin really has any feats at the age of 16?

At least TCW(imo) is better than watching those monstrosities you call the prequel movies.

I think shootingnova hates her too so perhaps I should speak on who will win in this thread.

I don't ever recall anyone bringing up scans in of 16 year old Anakin when I was lurking around on these battle forums(yes I would look at the stars wars battle threads and I have never EVER seen anyone bring up scans of Anakin at the age of 16) so unless someone speaks up, I am going to say Ahsoka wins because this version of Anakin is nearly or completely featless. Ahsoka has held her own against Ventress, who almost beat Luminara had she not intervened, though they have never properly fought when she was stronger later on in TCW. The early fight they had was inconclusive and not proper(Ventress was going to release a prisoner but Ahsoka made a mistake and was kicked into the cell and got locked in). Keep in mind also, Ventress has given Anakin a run for his money. Ahsoka also fought Barriss Offee and lost but she didn't have her shoto and was still putting up quite a fight and I think if she had her shoto she would've fared better. She has also fought General Grievous and lived to tell about it. I think Ahsoka probably would've lasted longer than Anakin did against Dooku in AOTC. By this time, Ahsoka has had 13 years of Jedi training compared to Anakin's 8 years, and at this point in their careers I think experience can make quite a difference. Ahsoka has seen several destructive battles and dueled quite a bit and while Anakin probably saw some battles himself by this time, I don't think it is on the difficulty or scale of the things Ahsoka has had to deal with.

That's why I think Ahsoka wins.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably pre-AotC Anakin. He is still significantly faster and stronger, and is at least as skilful as a duelist. I can't recall any power feats from Ahsoka that would put her equal with him, either.

Then again, I don't track Ahsoka throughout the show, so I wouldn't be the most knowledgeable on her.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably pre-AotC Anakin. He is still significantly faster and stronger, and is at least as skilful as a duelist. I can't recall any power feats from Ahsoka that would put her equal with him, either.

Then again, I don't track Ahsoka throughout the show, so I wouldn't be the most knowledgeable on her.

One of Ahsoka's best Telekinetic feats is ironically, one of her earliest-she pulled down a massive wall to crush some droids who were surrounding Anakin

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

@laflux: Ah yes. I can't remember it vividly, but she did seem to require effort, and the novel or junior novel states she "became one with the Force" in order to perform the feat.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Are you serious? She had to become one with the force just to pull that wall down? lol

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: Well, she never did seem impressive anyway. But then, I probably shouldn't be commenting because I only dabble into TCW here and there.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spartankobe

@shootingnova: Well I watched it all but I'm not gonna shove out-of-context things from that show down your throat like some other TCW fanboys here...

I honestly still think Ahsoka would win however. I don't see any feats from pre-aotc Anakin to put him on Ahsoka's level(or even any feats from 16 year old anakin for that matter). I think scans would be nice if anyone has them, because I'm still not seeing how Anakin can win and I have never heard of 16 year old Anakin's powers.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: I haven't personally read the JQ series, but he has moved fast enough to appear everywhere at once. That's considerably ahead of Ahsoka.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin has a lot of books about him around that age. He also is the chosen one and has a MUCH higher force potential than Ashoka so in theory he would be much stronger in the force at the same age as her. Anakin takes it.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spartankobe

@shootingnova: Who was perceiving this? Normal humans or force sensitives? Because of it was force sensitives that were seeing him everywhere at once then Ahsoka will probably lose. If it was just normal people I don't think that would really be too special, but that is still a very strong testament to his speed and Ahsoka probably might still lose so IDK.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

@spartankobe: It was Obi-Wan, who claimed he had never seen anybody of Anakin's age perform such a feat of Force mastery before, only masters such as Qui-Gon. Anakin at that time behind in the class of Qui-Gon means that Ahsoka is sorely outmatched from what I know, but she could do better than I believe.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spartankobe

@shootingnova: Hmm. I do not recall any feats from Ahsoka that match that speed. Anakin probably wins then.

As a side note, how the heck is she ahead of her class when she can't even keep up with Obi-Wan?! lulz

I thought she was made out to be some prodigy but from what I've just remembered is that she seems to be average at fighting and IDK why. She couldn't even kill Pre-Vizla FFS!

Loading Video...

^Her only speed feat I remember is shown there where she quickly decaps four Death Watch people.

You're right, Anakin wins.

All that fighting and it seems like Ahsoka's abilities have remained static.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@spartankobe: Viszla is not a good measuring stick though. He has held his own with both Obi-Wan and Maul - so that is hardly a low showing for someone considerably below them both.

As for the thread; I think Ahsoka should take this. She is a better duelist, and the more powerful telekenetic user from what I recall. I will have to check through some CW comics to confirm this though.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spartankobe

@dccomicsrule2011: But like @shootingnova said, Anakin has gone so fast that he looked like he was everywhere, and this was seen by Obi-Wan too. I don't see how Ahsoka could counter that. I haven't seen any good speed feats from her.

Weird. I wasn't notified that you replied. I was just looking in this thread and saw that you responded.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@spartankobe: I'm well aware of Anakin's speed advantage - but I don't think that alone is going to grant him a majority. Ahsoka has stalemated Viszla, faired well against GG on multiple occasions, defeated multiple Magnaguards just after becoming a padawan, and so on and so forth. Ahsoka isn't to shabby herself in the speed department - she has reacted to a blaster bolt meters away from her face, ran at invisible speed, deflected fire from dozens of shooters, dueled several Magnaguards simultaniously,etc.. I think Ahsoka is being underated here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: who doesn't have a hate for her? Hate her character, hate how she thinks, and i especially hate how she can hang with people that technically should of crushed her in an instant. XD

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spartankobe

@killerwasp: I don't hate her...

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@spartankobe: I'm well aware of Anakin's speed advantage - but I don't think that alone is going to grant him a majority. Ahsoka has stalemated Viszla, faired well against GG on multiple occasions, defeated multiple Magnaguards just after becoming a padawan, and so on and so forth. Ahsoka isn't to shabby herself in the speed department - she has reacted to a blaster bolt meters away from her face, ran at invisible speed, deflected fire from dozens of shooters, dueled several Magnaguards simultaniously,etc.. I think Ahsoka is being underated here.

Did that happen in the comics? I don't recall that happening in the show.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: My apologizes on that statement then, for you are one of the few people that ik of that didn't dislike/hate her. ( im assuming dislike but i could be wrong )

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure tano fought grievous for a while and ventress too so I'm going with her. Padawan anakin was meh

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spartankobe

@killerwasp: @dccomicsrule2011: I'm not underrating her, nor do I have any kind of dislike for her.

I think she's a hot beast. XD

However, I believe Anakin's speed could grant him at the very least a few wins, like 3-4/10. Is that pushing it?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe:

1) Yes it happen in a Clone Wars tie-end comic, in fact, all of the speeds feats I named happen in a tie-end comic.

2) Of course Anakin would get some wins out of 10...thing is though, I don't remember any of his telekenetic showing at this time, nor do I remember much in the way of dueling feats -maybe you could refresh my memory?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: lol your opinion has blinded you and in that blindness you've allowed the darkness to spread throughout you like a poison, a poison that is going to consume all.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By silentbat

I've only read one Jedi Quest book of Anakin and I think he was 13 at the time. His biggest achievement in that particular book was his podrace. I know more about Ashoka in the time frame but not much about Anakin. I really should read his series as a padawan though, the books should be an easy read.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShootingNova

Ahsoka is not more skilled. By AotC, Anakin was a legitimate challenge for Dooku in raw skill (AotC novel, Most Precious Weapon). This may be three years before that, but being a challenge for Dooku immensely outclasses Ahsoka anyway, so by reasonable inference, this Anakin is still at least as skilful, as well as physically stronger and faster by a significant degree. I also recall being informed by users more knowledgeable than myself on SW that Anakin has sparred with Obi-Wan and performed well.

I don't know any of Anakin's JQ power showings. I do know that by AotC, Anakin was able to manipulate hut-sized boulders with no difficulty.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@shootingnova: But AotC takes place 3 years after this, there is no reason to believe Anakin at this level would be more skilled than Ahsoka because off a feat he did 3 yeas prior - and it would be an appeal to ignorance to think so. So yes, by feats at this point -Ahsoka is more skilled.

Also, sparing well with pre-AotC Obi-Wan is below Ahsoka holding her own against Grievous twice, and even gaining the upper-hand against him in their second encounter. I still haven't seen any reason Anakin should take a majority here.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By spartankobe
uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I don't hate her...

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Did that happen in the comics? I don't recall that happening in the show.

Honestly, I find Ahsoka's abilities to be somewhat ridiculous. In RotS it was specifically stated that MagnaGuards have lightspeed reflexes. And both Anakin and Obi-Wan have multiple feats to that effect (of course Obi-Wan was practically oozing the force when he fought Grievous though). In any event, that means Ahsoka's either one of the strongest Jedi in the entire Order or something is very inconsistent. And based on how strong Grievous was in RotS I also find it to be suspect that Ahsoka can hold her own against him. Perhaps those feats are PIS? But I will admit that Ahsoka is extremely skilled. I don't know much about Anakin between PM and AotC but he must have been progressing crazy fast because he was holding his own against Dooku. A 20 year old holding his own against Dooku is beyond extraordinary.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari:

TCW nerfed Grievous down and retconed some of his character. Pre CW Grievous would be able to defeat nearly eveyone on the Jedi Council - TCW GG would not beat any of them for any kind of majority according to the writer of the show. While GG is somewhat formidable, he isn't anywhere near as potent as he was pre-TCW.

As for Magnaguards, they have always been incosistent. One minute Shaak Ti is struggling against 1-2, the next, she handling them in droves.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari:

TCW nerfed Grievous down and retconed some of his character. Pre CW Grievous would be able to defeat nearly eveyone on the Jedi Council - TCW GG would not beat any of them for any kind of majority according to the writer of the show. While GG is somewhat formidable, he isn't anywhere near as potent as he was pre-TCW.

As for Magnaguards, they have always been incosistent. One minute Shaak Ti is struggling against 1-2, the next, she handling them in droves.

I just looked it up and apparently, the six films and TCW all occupy a higher level of canonicity than everything else. If that's the case, then how do you evaluate their respective skills? Especially considering the level of inconsistency? Based on the novels, though, Anakin should definitely be above Ahsoka.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShootingNova
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

But AotC takes place 3 years after this, there is no reason to believe Anakin at this level would be more skilled than Ahsoka because off a feat he did 3 yeas prior - and it would be an appeal to ignorance to think so. So yes, by feats at this point -Ahsoka is more skilled.

Also, sparing well with pre-AotC Obi-Wan is below Ahsoka holding her own against Grievous twice, and even gaining the upper-hand against him in their second encounter. I still haven't seen any reason Anakin should take a majority here.

The thing is that I'd be arguing from ignorance eventually, because I haven't even read the JQ series.

And no, that's not an appeal to ignorance. Anakin's skill and power levels, are, to my knowledge, constantly growing at a stable rate, no matter how fast. The disparity should not be tremendous. AotC Anakin would outclass Ahsoka, so three years before that - we can assume he would be at least comparably skilled.

TCW Grievous has nothing to boast about. He was knocked about by ship lasers (despite the RotS novel indicating that starfighter turbolasers couldn't harm him), repeatedly jobbed, and so on. He failed to beat an injured Eeth Koth without the aid of his Magnaguards. He's just inconsistent. On occasion, you would find him stalemating Kenobi and then wrecking him with physical attacks, and then we have noticeably lesser Jedi, even when injured, at times, harming Grievous.

The first time, Ahsoka lost, retreated, got ambushed, and then was lucky that the station rocking caught Grievous's attention (which is stupid) and then cut off his hand. The second time, I only recall her being on the retreat.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By DaDivineKing

Still Ahsoka.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ahsoka via Force lightning

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wolfrazer

@spartankobe: Silly Sparta, that's AotC Anakin who's better, not Pre! You silly! Besides in that anyway, Anakin was PO'd at Dooku for killing all the Jedi so...:P not exactly a fair showing.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahsoka if simply because, at this stage, she's a much better character than he is.

Loading Video...

Chiraq_windy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Chiraq_windy

I don't know why I'm here outside of liking that picture of Skywalker. But, I ran across a quote stating pre Attack of the Clones Anakin, to be the most gifted (in force mastery and lightsaber skill) Padawan in the History of the Jedi Order and I wanted to drop it.

Not in living memory-not even among the oldest Jedi Masters-could they remember a Padawan who was as gifted as Anakin Skywalker. He could have advanced through his temple training in half the time it had taken him. From the beginning, he had been far beyond his classmates in his lightsaber skills and force mastery.

--Jedi Quest: Way of the Apprentice

On top of his other feats, I'd say that is enough to give him majority here over Ahsoka

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin

Presuming he still has all those novel feats.