Omega shenron vs Classic Odin

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

VS

Bloodlusted

No Prep Time

Standard Gear

Death counts as win

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NeonGameWave

Odin.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Killemall

Apart from surrounding hyperboles, there really isnt much of a difference between Classic Odin and Current, apart from an ambigious boost he got during Thor: Everything Burns few months after Tom Breevroot wrote Odin is more powerful than Phoenix, so not sure whether its a temporarily boost, a blatant PIS because Fraction had too much weed to smoke, or a conscious decision to elivate his and surtur's power level.

Odin would win, he has more number of feats, and as long as they match firepower to firepower this could be a pretty close battle. Not sure if Shenron even has TP defense, i certainly dont recall seeing anything regarding that on Dragon Ball GT episodes but then perhaps its in the manga which i have not read.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MorganFreeman

Odin uses his magic to erase Dragon Ball GT from existence and destroys Omega Shenron in the process.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@Killemall: I'm unaware of this boost, if you don't mind could you explain this to me?

Also Omega never appeared in the manga, he is a GT only character, and no he has no TP resistance.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondave

Odin ftw

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czarny_samael666
@TheMightyAvenger said:

@Killemall: I'm unaware of this boost, if you don't mind could you explain this to me?

Also Omega never appeared in the manga, he is a GT only character, and no he has no TP resistance.

There wasn't any boost, Odin is just wrote in different way now.

@Killemall said:

Apart from surrounding hyperboles, there really isnt much of a difference between Classic Odin and Current, apart from an ambigious boost he got during Thor: Everything Burns few months after Tom Breevroot wrote Odin is more powerful than Phoenix, so not sure whether its a temporarily boost, a blatant PIS because Fraction had too much weed to smoke, or a conscious decision to elivate his and surtur's power level.

Odin would win, he has more number of feats, and as long as they match firepower to firepower this could be a pretty close battle. Not sure if Shenron even has TP defense, i certainly dont recall seeing anything regarding that on Dragon Ball GT episodes but then perhaps its in the manga which i have not read.

Considering that in other story, in JiM it was also mentioned that Bor/Buri created whole universe in which Asgard exists and that Odin was able to give Galactus a good fight - I would say that he is above his old feats.
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

Stronger than phoenix ?!

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By czarny_samael666
@higher_evolutionary said:

@Killemall said:

Stronger than phoenix ?!

Yes, he really said that. More - he said that Thanos never solod and will never solo Avengers. O_O
spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spawn_123

Odin

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Killemall

@TheMightyAvenger said:

Well its two ways to look at it, you got one explanation from Czarny, my take of it is a little different. The whole Thor: Everything Burns shows Surtur as a being capable of destroying entire universe, and will go so far to say if Surtur dies the spreading of his energy would do the destruction from him, kind if new given Surtur has died in the past without the universe ever been affected. Then we have after a short prep and help of a plot device Manchester Gods, Surtur became a threat to a multiverse.

After Surtur death, his energy gets released, the energy capable of destroying the entire universe and Odin shows up , as cool as a cucumber, and absorbs the whole energy with one hand no less. Certainly seems like those two are , at the least, universal powerhouse, which seemed like a boost. Let me know if you want scans, but i would highly recommend actually reading Everything burns, its only 6 issues, very recent series and has awesome artwork.

@czarny_samael666 said:

Considering that in other story, in JiM it was also mentioned that Bor/Buri created whole universe in which Asgard exists and that Odin was able to give Galactus a good fight - I would say that he is above his old feats.

Odin and Galactus has never actually never fought before but it was still cool to see. The rest cant argue to me he has grown more powerful and as far as Marvel Now is concerned as has Thor (Apart from him getting punched by Hulk in Avengers 01 and then the next time we see them both are knocked out, not sure what happened or why the fight wasnt shown gotta ask Hickman) who seem to be capable of controling lightning and stuffs even when he was weilding his axe , or reading the mind of people. Asgardia universe seem to be getting a boost, the way its going 5 more issues and Thor is going to be a lot bigger of a power house.

@higher_evolutionary said:

Stronger than phoenix ?!

Thats certainly what Breevroot said, and well he's as TOAA as it gets. I myself am finding it hard to believe, here is the conversation

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

make of this conversation as you will (these are not my crops, these were save by@CitizenBane: from formspring, so all thanks to him)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

Yes, he really said that. More - he said that Thanos never solod and will never solo Avengers. O_O

Actually after looking over his past, turns out on his own accord he hasnt. Which was new to me coz uptill yesterday i thought he had, turns out while he beat most of the Avengers / X men the biggest powerhouse Thor even in his first series was defeated by a massively powerful cannon that Thanos created using the power of a synthetic soul gem, something which was pointed to me by (@SpectroRaphael:)

Special thanks to him, while he should be powerful enough to solo the avengers, turns out he hasnt.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall
But he did in Avengers: Celestial Quest, I am sure You've read it, since You used Rot's fight in few fights. He was able to stop Mjolnir and affect intangible Vision there. 

Odin and Galactus has never actually never fought before but it was still cool to see. The rest cant argue to me he has grown more powerful and as far as Marvel Now is concerned as has Thor (Apart from him getting punched by Hulk in Avengers 01 and then the next time we see them both are knocked out, not sure what happened or why the fight wasnt shown gotta ask Hickman) who seem to be capable of controling lightning and stuffs even when he was weilding his axe , or reading the mind of people. Asgardia universe seem to be getting a boost, the way its going 5 more issues and Thor is going to be a lot bigger of a power house.

1.I know. Only Doom with Galan's power did it IIRC. But what matters here, is that we always thought that Galan will one-shot Odin.
2.Hickman ha to deal with Thor somehow and since it seems that it was mindless Hulk it isn't that bad. A specially considering that Hulk got another sucker punch while Thor was busy with something else (probably Ex Nihilo).
3.Thor always could use thunders without Mjolnir. Just look on his fight with Hulk in Hulk's annual, when Hulk is KOd - Thor is doing it with wave of his hand. 
4.Thor is currently making a lot of great feats, like killing Demogorge or taking Tanarus who was able to crack Terminus armor (Thor had problems with it in the past), his fight with Nul, Rulk or his appearances in mini series (tracking energy in Thor: Deviants Saga, tp-probe resistance against Emma, crushing her body, opening portal to other parts of universe against Phoenix, hurting PF, affecting Alter Ego's mind in Astonishing Thor, creating energy-shield in Thor Annual...). Now, he is going to defeat Gorr that killed god that was able to toy with Black Holes and we have his (from young version) words that Mjolnir can easily destroy planets. Hickman likes him and Aaron is making great stuff. And both seems to give Thor new feats, as well as Fraction did, but in better way.
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@Killemall: Thanks a lot, I will read it when it comes out in my country, sadly things are quite slow here.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JackKnight

Omega Shenron Comes to Asgard to course havoc

Odin comes and does this:

BTW arn't Comics vs Anime thread band from Comic vine now?

itheone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By itheone123

Omega Shenron could consume the entire universe, when has Odin shown that kind of power ?

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PabloSL
@morganfreeman said:

Odin uses his magic to erase Dragon Ball GT from existence and destroys Omega Shenron in the process.

Man that would be so cool

@itheone said:

Omega Shenron could consume the entire universe, when has Odin shown that kind of power ?

He has no feats to prove it

Also, Odin stronger than Phoenix?? WTF?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itheone: DBZ vs other franchises are banned in CV

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By those_eyes

banny

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kingant27

Pure raw power, probably goes to Omega Shenron, however Odin wins here; TP, time manipulation etc.

In before the lock...