• 87 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for king_saturn
#1 Posted by King Saturn (220735 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Odin defeat Lucifer Morningstar ?

Avatar image for asymmetrical
#2 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to guess Lucifer, but that's if we're talking of the Odin in his universe, seeing as he completely fried about half a dozen of the Norse god/giants because he was a little annoyed with them

the Odin of Marvel, I'm fairly sure he couldn't beat Lucifer, but I'm not 100% sure

Avatar image for thedrifter
#3 Posted by TheDrifter (24811 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin

Avatar image for atphantom
#4 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer absolute curbstomp.

Avatar image for asymmetrical
#5 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Lucifer absolute curbstomp."
isn't Odin an omnipotent god though?
Avatar image for atphantom
#6 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Lucifer absolute curbstomp."
isn't Odin an omnipotent god though?"
Since nothing is said in the OP i'm guessing It's Odin from MU, because he's more prominent.

No. Odin is the most powerful of all earthling gods and one of the most powerful beings in mu, but he is far from omnipotent. He is easily outclassed by beings such as the Celestials, Galactus and pretty much every abstract in the universe.

Lucifer, with his role in creation, is somewhere on par with the Living Tribunal, the overseer of all realities in MU, and he is a couple of hundred steps above Odin.
Avatar image for asymmetrical
#7 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Lucifer, with his role in creation, is somewhere on par with the Living Tribunal, the overseer of all realities in MU, and he is a couple of hundred steps above Odin."
ah, but see, Lucifer isn't on the same level of the Living Tribunal, The Presence is, but Lucifer would be like the Tribunal's Herald, his plaything

yes Lucifer is powerful but he has not attained "cosmic entity" levels, his powers are tremendous but since I don't know exactly what Odin's powers are, I don't know how useful Lucifer's are in this fight
Avatar image for haljordan1986x
#8 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4853 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer rapestomp
This fight wont even last more then a second

Avatar image for asymmetrical
#9 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read over 90% of the comics Lucifer appears in, and from what I've understood of Odin I have no idea how Lucifer is SOOOO much better than him, so please, if you know Odin, enlighten me

Avatar image for atphantom
#10 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Lucifer, with his role in creation, is somewhere on par with the Living Tribunal, the overseer of all realities in MU, and he is a couple of hundred steps above Odin."
ah, but see, Lucifer isn't on the same level of the Living Tribunal, The Presence is, but Lucifer would be like the Tribunal's Herald, his plaything

yes Lucifer is powerful but he has not attained "cosmic entity" levels, his powers are tremendous but since I don't know exactly what Odin's powers are, I don't know how useful Lucifer's are in this fight"
Living tribunal is not omnipotent, he is the servant of The One Above All, and TOAA is the omnipotent entity equated with The Presence.

Therefore, Lucifer, the second being to The Presence, would be equal to LT, second to TOAA.

If you would like a different comparison, Odin is nowhere near the level of a fully powered, unbound Spectre. The Spectre himself is probably not as  powerful as any of the endless, and we know that Dream himself is quite frightened of Lucifer (though Death and Destiny aren't as far as I remember).
Avatar image for haljordan1986x
#11 Edited by HalJordan1986x (4853 posts) - - Show Bio

The Presence = TOAA
Michael Demguros/Lucifer Morningstar = Living Tribunal





Odin= Highfather Izuya

Avatar image for asymmetrical
#12 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Living tribunal is not omnipotent, he is the servant of The One Above All, and TOAA is the omnipotent entity equated with The Presence.

Therefore, Lucifer, the second being to The Presence, would be equal to LT, second to TOAA.

If you would like a different comparison, Odin is nowhere near the level of a fully powered, unbound Spectre. The Spectre himself is probably not as  powerful as any of the endless, and we know that Dream himself is quite frightened of Lucifer (though Death and Destiny aren't as far as I remember)."
thank you for that response, it was quite helpful actually

I still disagree with the first comparison, seeing as LT can basically do anything...even trump the Infinity Gauntlet which Lucifer could not

but the second comparison will suit me fine, if he's not equal to The Spectre than I know he can't touch Lucifer

btw, Death isn't afraid of Lucifer, (nor maybe Dream for that matter), but they both realize that they have no power over him
Avatar image for asymmetrical
#13 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
nvm, I take that back, Dream IS scared of Lucifer, it says it word for word in Sandman #23 :P
Avatar image for atphantom
#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Living tribunal is not omnipotent, he is the servant of The One Above All, and TOAA is the omnipotent entity equated with The Presence.

Therefore, Lucifer, the second being to The Presence, would be equal to LT, second to TOAA.

If you would like a different comparison, Odin is nowhere near the level of a fully powered, unbound Spectre. The Spectre himself is probably not as  powerful as any of the endless, and we know that Dream himself is quite frightened of Lucifer (though Death and Destiny aren't as far as I remember)."
thank you for that response, it was quite helpful actually

I still disagree with the first comparison, seeing as LT can basically do anything...even trump the Infinity Gauntlet which Lucifer could not

but the second comparison will suit me fine, if he's not equal to The Spectre than I know he can't touch Lucifer

btw, Death isn't afraid of Lucifer, (nor maybe Dream for that matter), but they both realize that they have no power over him"
Glad to help.

As for the infinity gauntlet, that's a debate in itself, but the way I see it: Infinity Gauntlet basically fives you the power to infinitely shape reality at will. Now I'm not sure about Lucifer's complete role in creation, but from I can gather, After Michael created the universe, Lucifer shaped it to fit their needs (or for whatever reason) which pretty much coincides with the power of the gauntlet.
If so, Lucifer is a being of a higher order and infinite will, and could easily trump it.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#15 Posted by King Saturn (220735 posts) - - Show Bio
I remember this thread...
Avatar image for ball_buster
#16 Posted by Ball Buster (2018 posts) - - Show Bio

LM ftw..

Avatar image for king_saturn
#17 Posted by King Saturn (220735 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely
Avatar image for ecsnclr
#18 Posted by ecsnclr (4282 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")
Avatar image for king_saturn
#19 Posted by King Saturn (220735 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")"
Lucifer will probably win...
Avatar image for ecsnclr
#20 Posted by ecsnclr (4282 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")"
Lucifer will probably win..."
No ftw what does that mean i know LM is Lucifer
Avatar image for king_saturn
#21 Posted by King Saturn (220735 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")"
Lucifer will probably win..."
No ftw what does that mean i know LM is Lucifer"
ftw means For The Win
Avatar image for ecsnclr
#22 Posted by ecsnclr (4282 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")"
Lucifer will probably win..."
No ftw what does that mean i know LM is Lucifer"
ftw means For The Win"
OHH you see i need to learn this because until a few weeks ago i never new what lmfao meant and then my sister told me
you see i thought when you said that to me it was an insult ...............................................................no wait a minute !
Avatar image for haljordan1986x
#23 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4853 posts) - - Show Bio

LM CURBSTOMP

Avatar image for ball_buster
#24 Posted by Ball Buster (2018 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")"
Lucifer will probably win..."
No ftw what does that mean i know LM is Lucifer"
ftw means For The Win"
OHH you see i need to learn this because until a few weeks ago i never new what lmfao meant and then my sister told me
you see i thought when you said that to me it was an insult ...............................................................no wait a minute !"
LOL...

Avatar image for ecsnclr
#25 Edited by ecsnclr (4282 posts) - - Show Bio

Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken

Avatar image for haljordan1986x
#26 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4853 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up
Avatar image for ecsnclr
#27 Posted by ecsnclr (4282 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !
Avatar image for haljordan1986x
#28 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4853 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !"
I dont make monkeys, I train them
Avatar image for ball_buster
#29 Posted by Ball Buster (2018 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !"
I dont make monkeys, I train them"
Pee Wee Hermen.
Avatar image for haljordan1986x
#30 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4853 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !"
I dont make monkeys, I train them"
Pee Wee Hermen."
what did you just call me?
Avatar image for ball_buster
#31 Edited by Ball Buster (2018 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"Ball Buster said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !"
I dont make monkeys, I train them"
Pee Wee Hermen."
what did you just call me?"
Pee Wee Hermen." Thats where that qoute comes from.The movie.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#32 Posted by King Saturn (220735 posts) - - Show Bio
Pee Wee Herman ?

lol
Avatar image for dark_king
#33 Posted by Dark King (4029 posts) - - Show Bio

lucifer

Avatar image for pinesavior
#34 Posted by PineSavior (88 posts) - - Show Bio

things gettin a little hot in here....

Avatar image for king_saturn
#35 Posted by King Saturn (220735 posts) - - Show Bio
PineSavior said:
"things gettin a little hot in here...."
Naw... it aint too bad

lol
Avatar image for chunjacktao
#36 Posted by chunjacktao (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Number one, Odin would beat Galactus. 
 
Odin beat the tar outta Thanos (who almost destroyed the universe) easily.  Thanos was on an even playing field with Galactus. 
 
And number two, no Odin is NOT EVEN CLOSE to Lucifer 
 
Odin is skyfather level, but he is far from being in the same level as living tribunal and spectre......... 
 
And Lucifer was stated to be second ONLY to the one above all..........................
Avatar image for lagoonboy2
#37 Posted by lagoon_boy (11337 posts) - - Show Bio
@chunjacktao said:
" Number one, Odin would beat Galactus.  Odin beat the tar outta Thanos (who almost destroyed the universe) easily.  Thanos was on an even playing field with Galactus.  And number two, no Odin is NOT EVEN CLOSE to Lucifer  Odin is skyfather level, but he is far from being in the same level as living tribunal and spectre.........  And Lucifer was stated to be second ONLY to the one above all.......................... "
no he wont he has no chance of beating Galactus, thanos almost destroyed the universe because of the power of the IG (infinity gauntlet) and no living tribunal is the second most powerful being in the marvel universe, and the spectre is no where near the power of odin
Avatar image for chunjacktao
#38 Posted by chunjacktao (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer was STATED to be only SURPASSED by God...... 
 
So, I do admit Living Tribunal may be on the same playing field as Lucifer, but nevertheless...... Odin can't beat Lucifer 
 
And as for Thanos, he was going toe to toe with that other guy ( i forgot name ) who was supposed to be Galactus lvl, that's why I assume Odin can beat Galactus......... 
 
Anyways I might be wrong about Galactus 
 
But on wikapedia and a bunch of other sites, they said Lucifer was ONLY SURPASSED by God.
Avatar image for lagoonboy2
#39 Posted by lagoon_boy (11337 posts) - - Show Bio
@chunjacktao said:
" Lucifer was STATED to be only SURPASSED by God......  So, I do admit Living Tribunal may be on the same playing field as Lucifer, but nevertheless...... Odin can't beat Lucifer  And as for Thanos, he was going toe to toe with that other guy ( i forgot name ) who was supposed to be Galactus lvl, that's why I assume Odin can beat Galactus.........  Anyways I might be wrong about Galactus  But on wikapedia and a bunch of other sites, they said Lucifer was ONLY SURPASSED by God. "
i don't really trust wiki
Avatar image for chunjacktao
#40 Posted by chunjacktao (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok...... 
 
Then do you trust the comics?
Avatar image for thesavageassasin
#41 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2688 posts) - - Show Bio

ODIN

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
#42 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2479 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" Lucifer absolute curbstomp. "
Avatar image for lunacyde
#43 Posted by Lunacyde (24796 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer....Odin is like a flea to him.

Moderator
Avatar image for chunjacktao
#44 Posted by chunjacktao (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer wins.  As much as I love the asgardians, Lucifer is stated to have omnipotent and infinite power..........
Avatar image for ronyc
#45 Posted by Ronyc (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Ppl who said Odin should be banned
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#46 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" Lucifer absolute curbstomp. "
"
Avatar image for ziro
#47 Posted by Ziro (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

"Lucifer blinks, Odin dies" (to quote Oh Tru)
Avatar image for gobstakid777
#48 Posted by gobstakid777 (1970 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" Lucifer absolute curbstomp. "
pretty much sums it up
 
@HalJordan1986x said:
" Ball Buster said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !"
I dont make monkeys, I train them"
Pee Wee Hermen."
what did you just call me? "

lol
Avatar image for spekqj
#49 Posted by spekqj (610 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer would murder Odin
Avatar image for gobstakid777
#50 Posted by gobstakid777 (1970 posts) - - Show Bio
@spekqj said:
" Lucifer would murder Odin "
very true