opinions
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pooty

great post because i'm confused. Nova prime has ALL the powers of the entire corp.  That has to be ALOT OF POWER. Yet he got his butt beat by Silver Surfer badly. Gladiator has hung with Silver Surfer a couple times. Yet Nova beat annilius who is a universe conquerer. So i think Nova SHOULD be one of the baddest dudes in marvel but his showings suck. Thanks for letting me rant

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@pooty said:
"great post because i'm confused. Nova prime has ALL the powers of the entire corp.  That has to be ALOT OF POWER. Yet he got his butt beat by Silver Surfer badly. Gladiator has hung with Silver Surfer a couple times. Yet Nova beat annilius who is a universe conquerer. So i think Nova SHOULD be one of the baddest dudes in marvel but his showings suck. Thanks for letting me rant "

Dude it's like you readd my mind
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By czarny_samael666

If Worldmind will hold back Nova - Gladiator.
If he won't be hold back by WM - Nova.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius

Good battle. Gladiator would win though. But not easily.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AtPhantom

Nova already beat Gladiator's cousin, so I think he could beat Gladiator himself with a little help.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By dane

Gladiator.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the creator

@pooty
said:
"great post because i'm confused. Nova prime has ALL the powers of the entire corp.  That has to be ALOT OF POWER. Yet he got his butt beat by Silver Surfer badly. Gladiator has hung with Silver Surfer a couple times. Yet Nova beat annilius who is a universe conquerer. So i think Nova SHOULD be one of the baddest dudes in marvel but his showings suck. Thanks for letting me rant "

The entirity of the Nova power was not permitted to be used by Nova. It's flow was regulated by the Worldmind. 
If Nova has been allowed to access the full power, it is entirely likely that he would have gone insane just like Supernova did, a character who did have access to the entire Noav corps power (except that of basic centurion Richard Riders small share). 
Supernova was more than a match for the entire FF and Avengers teams and could destroy a planet like Earth through a 'supernoave' explosion of power. 

@AtPhantom said:
"Nova already beat Gladiator's cousin, so I think he could beat Gladiator himself with a little help. "

We didn't really get to see Strontian (or whatever her name is) use some of the powers more effectively  that we know she possesses, like blinding super speed. 
Gladiator I would hope would put up a better showing.
dmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dmills
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Bump

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanroygrant

Nova Prime.

tootyghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tootyghost

I think Nova Prime would win.

I recently looked them both up, and saw their Marvel Universe figures (even though Nova's isn't out yet) and they have really cool costumes!

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WarBlade539

bump

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I still think Nova prime can't really hurt Gladiator since the fight with Glad's cousin is a weak comparison to the real deal .

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

solon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good battle. Could go either way

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Cream_God

This has been a very respectful debate so far, im going nova right mow

Edit: wait how confidant is Gladiator?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't see Richard beating Kallark. As has already been mentioned he had trouble with Glads cousin and she doesn't have feats on his level, I guess he could try that psionic helmet trick but them Glads isn't an idiot and I don't see him letting Rich headbutt him.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Well in Rider's defense he did have less of the Nova Force avaliable in that fight than he did in Annihilation or when most of his big feats occured. I think he could take this but it'd be a hard fight for him.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Well in Rider's defense he did have less of the Nova Force avaliable in that fight than he did in Annihilation or when most of his big feats occured. I think he could take this but it'd be a hard fight for him.

Granted he did, but even before then he didn't have any major strength feats, for example, when he met Silver Surfer, Norrin overpowered him and flew him into some planet while holding back

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sovereign91001

@dondave: Yeah that did happened but I think that has more to do with Rider's fighting style, he's not a brawler, he flies into and through stuff as opposed to lifting and slugging. To his credit he did stagger surfer and when he punched Annihulus after Quasar died he did hurt him with his fist.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Yeah that did happened but I think that has more to do with Rider's fighting style, he's not a brawler, he flies into and through stuff as opposed to lifting and slugging. To his credit he did stagger surfer and when he punched Annihulus after Quasar died he did hurt him with his fist.

All he did was knock Surfer off his board, Daredevil did the same thing a few weeks ago and for hurting Annihilus when it came to actually fighting him, Nova was losing until Phylla took the Quantam Bands from Annhilus

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: lol DD knocked Surfer off his board? Out of curiosity how many out of 10 do you give Glads?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: lol DD knocked Surfer off his board? Out of curiosity how many out of 10 do you give Glads?

Yeah, I guess Waid loves Daredevil

Ehh, it's not implausible for Richard to beat Glads, like I've already said, he could try the psionic burst that he used on Xenith. Overall, I'd see Kallark taking a 6/10 majority.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: lol want to take bets someone will try to use that as a legit feat for DD? Well I think if he tapped into the Nova Force like he did against Sphinx and or went for a BFR win via Stargate he could take a majority but not a stomp. But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree and all that.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator wins this, not easily but he'll win.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rich wins this.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I agree. I have always thought that how badass a character is and their showings come down to who is writing them. Who would win? Depends on the writer. But in my opinion Nova Prime should beat Gladiator 7/10 times at least

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

gladiator should win

Bhutai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gladiator

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tparks

@greendevil said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Why would Worldmind hold back Nova? That never happened in the series. Worldmind would instantly calculate shield power and weapon power for Nova so he could unleash without having to think about things like this. Worldmind never held him back, WM actually let Nova reach closer to his potential.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@greendevil said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Why would Worldmind hold back Nova? That never happened in the series. Worldmind would instantly calculate shield power and weapon power for Nova so he could unleash without having to think about things like this. Worldmind never held him back, WM actually let Nova reach closer to his potential.

Worldmind prevents Richie from accessing the full power of the Nova Force, as it turned Garthan Saal insane from full exposure.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pwok21: That was pretty much done after a few issues. They never really touched on it again. Besides, there aren't really any feats to say what Nova would do with more power.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Nova Prime.
he is really impressive since his last power-up.

nova_prime76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By nova_prime76

Richard Rider. He's smarter first of all, especially with worldmind. His power output is near herald level. And Surfer never beat him badly. Nova actually stalemated him. The full power of the nova corps is too much for gladiator.