Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

ohhh nice...

while Daredevil does have a slight advantage with his 'radar', i've got to give it to Nightwing...

from what i've seen he's faster and more agile, with a higher skill in the weapons he uses

M

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

Well, you know who I'm gonna say

NW is more agile, better warrior and has god knows how many artifacts in his costume

Oh and he could take a bell and torture DD with it lol

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Static Shock

Nightwingprodigalson says:

"Well, you know who I'm gonna sayNW is more agile, better warrior and has god knows how many artifacts in his costumeOh and he could take a bell and torture DD with it lol"

Artifacts in his costume? Explain, please.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

Static Shock says:

"Artifacts in his costume? Explain, please."

Nightwing's costume has many of the same gadgets built into it that Batman's does...

a electric shock disabler mechanism

Echo shielding for his heart

Bullet and Stab proofing

while he doesn't carry a standard utility belt like Batman, he carries his 'arsenal' in his 'gauntlets', and his weapons range from stylized 'batarangs' with various effective uses, to shock grenades and flashbangs.

M

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

A pleasure Static

Nightwing's current costume is made of a version of the Nomex fire-resistant, triple-weave Kevlar-lined material. It is an excellent protection against damage, and is also insulated against electricity. Instead of a black cape to keep him hidden, the suit is light sensitive, darkening when there is more light in the area. The mask, in the form of his symbol, is fixed in place with spirit gum, and includes a built-in radio transmitter/receiver and Starlite night-vision lenses.

His gauntlets and boots each contain eight compartments in which he can store items. They have a self-destruct feature built into them, similar to the ones in Batman's utility belt, and, as another security measure, the suit contains a one-use-only taser charge, which automatically emits a high-voltage electrical shock when someone attempts to tamper with either the boots or gauntlets. Each gauntlet's sections can contain a wide array of equipment, such as sonic or smoke pellets, modified batarangs ("Wing-Dings"), knockout gas capsules, and throwable tracers. The right gauntlet is also equipped with a 100,000-volt stun gun. Like the gauntlets, his boot compartments can carry vital equipment such as flares, a rebreather as protection against any airborne noncontact toxins, a mini-computer equipped with fax, modem, GPS and a minidisk rewritable drive. Other items are lock picks, a first-aid kit, a mini-cellphone, flexi-cuffs, antitoxin assortment, signal flares, wireless listening devices and a small halogen flashlight.

Held in spring-loaded pouches in the back of his costume, Nightwing carries a pair of Escrima sticks made from an unbreakable polymer that are wielded as both offensive and defensive weapons. Some depictions have displayed these tools with the mechanism to shoot a grappling hook attached to a swing line (like Daredevil's billy clubs), while, in other instances, he is either seen using a "line gun" like the one Batman currently uses or using the grappling/swing lines either stored in or able to be launched from his gauntlets.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Methos

"A pleasure Static..."

ok, he worded it better lol

M

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Static Shock

"A pleasure StaticNightwing's current costume is made of a version of the Nomex fire-resistant, triple-weave Kevlar-lined material. It is an excellent protection against damage, and is also insulated against electricity. Instead of a black cape to keep him hidden, the suit is light sensitive, darkening when there is more light in the area. The mask, in the form of his symbol, is fixed in place with spirit gum, and includes a built-in radio transmitter/receiver and Starlite night-vision lenses.His gauntlets and boots each contain eight compartments in which he can store items. They have a self-destruct feature built into them, similar to the ones in Batman's utility belt, and, as another security measure, the suit contains a one-use-only taser charge, which automatically emits a high-voltage electrical shock when someone attempts to tamper with either the boots or gauntlets. Each gauntlet's sections can contain a wide array of equipment, such as sonic or smoke pellets, modified batarangs ("Wing-Dings"), knockout gas capsules, and throwable tracers. The right gauntlet is also equipped with a 100,000-volt stun gun. Like the gauntlets, his boot compartments can carry vital equipment such as flares, a rebreather as protection against any airborne noncontact toxins, a mini-computer equipped with fax, modem, GPS and a minidisk rewritable drive. Other items are lock picks, a first-aid kit, a mini-cellphone, flexi-cuffs, antitoxin assortment, signal flares, wireless listening devices and a small halogen flashlight.Held in spring-loaded pouches in the back of his costume, Nightwing carries a pair of Escrima sticks made from an unbreakable polymer that are wielded as both offensive and defensive weapons. Some depictions have displayed these tools with the mechanism to shoot a grappling hook attached to a swing line (like Daredevil's billy clubs), while, in other instances, he is either seen using a "line gun" like the one Batman currently uses or using the grappling/swing lines either stored in or able to be launched from his gauntlets."

Oh. LOL. You said artifacts like he had magic artifacts in his suit...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

Static Shock says:

"Oh. LOL. You said artifacts like he had magic artifacts in his suit..."

No, Batman's the one with 'fancy artifacts'... especially his Kryptonian Tech lol

M

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Forever

Methos says:

"Nightwingprodigalson says:
"A pleasure Static..."

ok, he worded it better lol

M

"

lol Yes he went into serious detail. But why is it assumed that Nightwing is more agile and more skilled than Daredevil? Daredevil almost has superhuman agility, he's right there at peak human. He's also an extremely skilled fighter. I would probably say he was a match for Nightwing. I think the only thing that would set Nightwing apart would be his "artifacts" and that at some point he would end up using a sonic weapon and if he did that, then he'd win.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

Forever says:

"lol Yes he went into serious detail. But why is it assumed that Nightwing is more agile and more skilled than Daredevil? Daredevil almost has superhuman agility, he's right there at peak human. He's also an extremely skilled fighter. I would probably say he was a match for Nightwing. I think the only thing that would set Nightwing apart would be his "artifacts" and that at some point he would end up using a sonic weapon and if he did that, then he'd win."

from what i know, Daredevil has only been using his 'skills' and 'agility' for maybe 10 years? 20?

Nightwing's been using his agility his whole life, and his hand to hand were taught specifically by Batman to counter human, and metahuman threats.

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

We did this fight before.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Methos

King of Kings says:

"We did this fight before. "

have we?

must have missed it

M

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock

Well, I had no clue. It's being done again... LOL

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Yeah, me and Buck, and even Forever was there :P

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nighthunter

Like I said in my VERY LONG post (man it really is big just to see it I have a face of WTF?)

He has sonics so this practically gives him the fight right?

If not he can like I said torture him with a bell (man if he does that I'm never gonna stop laughing)

I know DD is very agile and a good fighter, but NW is so agile that they always think he is metahuman (In fact I think I read once that they wanted to do a meta-gene serum and they wanted to use his blood), and NW was trained by batman and before anyone starts with the frase "not because you were trained by the best makes you second best" it has been stated that in DC only Batman has better fighting abilitys than him

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Methos

hmmm...

definitely missed it then

M

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Forever

Methos says:

"from what i know, Daredevil has only been using his 'skills' and 'agility' for maybe 10 years? 20?Nightwing's been using his agility his whole life, and his hand to hand were taught specifically by Batman to counter human, and metahuman threats.M"

Experience is important but there are prodigies as well. With Daredevil written as being near peak human and Nightwing written as being near peak human, I dont see how we can decide that Nightwing is more agile than Daredevil, even with his extra years of training.

King of Kings says:

"We did this fight before. "

Of course we have.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Forever

King of Kings says:

"Yeah, me and Buck, and even Forever was there :P"

I certainly was.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Methos

Forever says:

"Experience is important but there are prodigies as well. With Daredevil written as being near peak human and Nightwing written as being near peak human, I dont see how we can decide that Nightwing is more agile than Daredevil, even with his extra years of training."

fair enough...

i was just going from what i know about Daredevil, which i'll admit isn't a great deal

M

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

Well, you gotta think about Daredevil's superhuman senses... Lets not forget his radar sense. This radar sense allows him to react to attacks and launch his own attacks much faster than normal humans. This also enables him to dodge most ranged and close combat attacks with reliability. Also, Daredevil senses grant him a superhuman level of kinesthetic awareness, which greatly enhances his fighting skills. Daredevil has extensive knowledge of pressure points, due to his training and radar sense. Due to his training by Stick, and his self training, Daredevil is a master of a unique martial art from a blend of ninjutsu, aiki-jujutsu, judo and American-style boxing. Daredevil is a superb athlete and gymnast, possessing extraordinary agility, endurance, skill and balance.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Forever

"Like I said in my VERY LONG post (man it really is big just to see it I have a face of WTF?)He has sonics so this practically gives him the fight right?If not he can like I said torture him with a bell (man if he does that I'm never gonna stop laughing)I know DD is very agile and a good fighter, but NW is so agile that they always think he is metahuman (In fact I think I read once that they wanted to do a meta-gene serum and they wanted to use his blood), and NW was trained by batman and before anyone starts with the frase "not because you were trained by the best makes you second best" it has been stated that in DC only Batman has better fighting abilitys than him "

They're pretty much even in that regard Prodigal, but youre right, when Nightwing finds out Daredevil's auditory weakness, the fight's his.

Methos says:

"fair enough...i was just going from what i know about Daredevil, which i'll admit isn't a great dealM"

It's understandable. Even if you were a heavy Marvel reader, Daredevil's comic has fluctuated so much that I'm surprised it's kept an audience. They turned him into an alcoholic, had him framed for murder and sent to prison, had him give up on being heroic and replaced several times.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Methos

Forever says:

"It's understandable. Even if you were a heavy Marvel reader, Daredevil's comic has fluctuated so much that I'm surprised it's kept an audience. They turned him into an alcoholic, had him framed for murder and sent to prison, had him give up on being heroic and replaced several times."

owch... sounds like he's had it even worse than Supergirl lol

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Methos

King of Kings says:

"Buckshot had like 5 pages of impressive information as to why Nightwing would win (I remember cause I was for DD and got owned :P)I'll be damned if I can find it though."

was probably an offshoot of another battle, because i can't find it in the battles forum either

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot had like 5 pages of impressive information as to why Nightwing would win (I remember cause I was for DD and got owned :P)

I'll be damned if I can find it though.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nighthunter

King of Kings says:

"Buckshot had like 5 pages of impressive information as to why Nightwing would win (I remember cause I was for DD and got owned :P)I'll be damned if I can find it though."

Oh yeah now I remember the fight thread

It was when I called him "the ultimate debater" or something like that

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Forever

"It was when I called him "the ultimate debater" or something like that"

I wonder where Sling Shot is...

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

King of Kings says:

"Buckshot had like 5 pages of impressive information as to why Nightwing would win (I remember cause I was for DD and got owned :P) I'll be damned if I can find it though."

I don't think you got "owned", it's a close fight, Nightwing just has a weapon perfectly tailored to beat DD.

BLACK DAWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#29  Edited By BLACK DAWN

daredevil needs a hearing device that allows him to hear with his supersence but dulls any sonics etc...

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sling Shot

I'm right here Forever. Seeing as how on these bbattles it seems rarely ever that anyone is a fan or equally informed about both opponents, that is until now( don't know if that staement is true but it sounded dramatic. I believe Daredevil's senses allow him greater awareness and would have the upper hand on initiative. In a fight so evenly matched initiative is a significant factor.Facing foes like Bullseye and defeating them is the exact kind of resume DD would need to win. DD's senses would allow him that split second decision to adapt to an attack as well as allow him to use his opponents ignorance of spec ific environment to his advantage in setting a trap of sorts, DD often ricochets his billyclub calculating steps ahead when the attack will connect. Nightwing has technological advantage in arsenal but not sensory, not even with nightvision.His sonic attack would probably not be his first or second attack because of the fact that he believes DD to operate in much the same way he does , primarily from vision. Smoke, wingdings , and escrima sticks would probably be his first choices. after many dodges and parry's DD would have landed more , painful, shots utilizing the normally unseen to his advantage. At which point NW would attempt greater guerilla tactics utilizing all his tricks to throw off DD including sonics.If he did this the tide could change long enough for a ko punch, but if DD isn't instantly immobilized he will also seek temporary flight where he can regroup and remount an attack.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Constantine

ooh tough probably would be the fight of the century but i think Nightwing would win

Doomhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Doomhunter

Static Shock says:

"Well, you gotta think about Daredevil's superhuman senses... Lets not forget his radar sense. This radar sense allows him to react to attacks and launch his own attacks much faster than normal humans. This also enables him to dodge most ranged and close combat attacks with reliability. Also, Daredevil senses grant him a superhuman level of kinesthetic awareness, which greatly enhances his fighting skills. Daredevil has extensive knowledge of pressure points, due to his training and radar sense. Due to his training by Stick, and his self training, Daredevil is a master of a unique martial art from a blend of ninjutsu, aiki-jujutsu, judo and American-style boxing. Daredevil is a superb athlete and gymnast, possessing extraordinary agility, endurance, skill and balance."

Yeah!,you just said it for me thx ,besides,how could NW move and be so agil with so many gadgets....I just can´t imagine it....and when I do, it just makes me laugh big time.....I just imagine one chubby guy,(chubby 'cause all of the gadgets in his suit),trying to jump around........besides Stick is a grand master and you shouldn't underestimate him...nor "The Man Without Fear".....Who can rely on his FIVE Super-Senses....

Doomhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Doomhunter

Sling Shot says:

"I'm right here Forever. Seeing as how on these bbattles it seems rarely ever that anyone is a fan or equally informed about both opponents, that is until now( don't know if that staement is true but it sounded dramatic. I believe Daredevil's senses allow him greater awareness and would have the upper hand on initiative. In a fight so evenly matched initiative is a significant factor.Facing foes like Bullseye and defeating them is the exact kind of resume DD would need to win. DD's senses would allow him that split second decision to adapt to an attack as well as allow him to use his opponents ignorance of spec ific environment to his advantage in setting a trap of sorts, DD often ricochets his billyclub calculating steps ahead when the attack will connect. Nightwing has technological advantage in arsenal but not sensory, not even with nightvision.His sonic attack would probably not be his first or second attack because of the fact that he believes DD to operate in much the same way he does , primarily from vision. Smoke, wingdings , and escrima sticks would probably be his first choices. after many dodges and parry's DD would have landed more , painful, shots utilizing the normally unseen to his advantage. At which point NW would attempt greater guerilla tactics utilizing all his tricks to throw off DD including sonics.If he did this the tide could change long enough for a ko punch, but if DD isn't instantly immobilized he will also seek temporary flight where he can regroup and remount an attack. "

WOW...that was all well thought.....

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Titan3510

"Well, you know who I'm gonna say NW is more agile, better warrior and has god knows how many artifacts in his costume Oh and he could take a bell and torture DD with it lol"

A tuning fork actually. Nightwing could tie/bind Daredevil up to a chair and use a metal surface to bang the tuning fork on and put it near Daredevil's ear.

Nightwing would beat Daredevil. Nightwing's agility is through the roof. He was nothing but an acrobat until the age 9.

Nightwing knows much more martial arts than Daredevil and has more tools than him. Daredevil has radar sense but Nightwing still would win.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hadrelius

I think they a pretty even in strenght, agility and speed, DD has him in the H2H in my opinion breaing the stalemate.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the creator
Alpha said:
"I think they a pretty even in strenght, agility and speed, DD has him in the H2H in my opinion breaing the stalemate."
I think that Daredevil is slightly physically stronger as he is larger (Daredevil: 6' and 200 lbs vs Nightwing: 5'10" and 180 lbs).
Not that this matters too much in this battle.
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By oldmagic

Nightwing IS stronger than DD however that makes up for DD's agility and his eyes. He is basically like spiderman with those senses. However i would have to give this to.....i dunno lol 

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By the creator
oldmagic said:
"Nightwing IS stronger than DD however that makes up for DD's agility and his eyes.
Explain your reasoning
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By oldmagic

I would if i could but i can't find the scans to prove it. 

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By the creator
oldmagic said:
"I would if i could but i can't find the scans to prove it. "
Both are intensively trained fighters who do a lot of weight training as well.
Daredevil in particular is an exceptional weight lifter and has shown very high strength levels for a human (not at peak human level however like Capt America).
However I would say that their training in this regard is equal.
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By oldmagic
the creator said:
"oldmagic said:
"I would if i could but i can't find the scans to prove it. "
Both are intensively trained fighters who do a lot of weight training as well.
Daredevil in particular is an exceptional weight lifter and has shown very high strength levels for a human (not at peak human level however like Capt America).
However I would say that their training in this regard is equal."
Doubtful but agreed. 
Avatar image for captain_strange
captain strange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By captain strange

i think DD.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock
the creator said:
"Both are intensively trained fighters who do a lot of weight training as well.
However I would say that their training in this regard is equal."

If I can remember correctly, I think Daredevil can lift somewhere between 450-600 lbs. And, Nightwing is listed as having peak human (at least 800 lbs) strength on DC Database. Don't know if that's legit though. If anything, they should be around the same level of strength.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By the creator
Static Shock said:
If I can remember correctly, I think Daredevil can lift somewhere between 450-600 lbs. And, Nightwing is listed as having peak human (at least 800 lbs) strength on DC Database. Don't know if that's legit though. If anything, they should be around the same level of strength."
The figure for Daredevil is accurate but to my knowledge (and as far as I am concerned) Nightwing cannot lift anywhere near 800 lbs.
That's the same site that lists Bane at 90 tonnes isn't it.
Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a couple questions/remarks: 

What is the nature of the sonics Nightwing carries in his kit?  Are they standard for his kit, do they require direct contact, do they effect a wide area and how wide is that area, etc.  Are there relevant scans or guidebook entries? 

The 'sonics win' line of thinking works on the assumption that Dick knows or will very quickly figure out that DD has enhanced hearing and will react accordingly.  That's a questionable assumption in a random encounter.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock
the creator said:
"The figure for Daredevil is accurate but to my knowledge (and as far as I am concerned) Nightwing cannot lift anywhere near 800 lbs.
That's the same site that lists Bane at 90 tonnes isn't it."

Nah. DC Database has Bane at Olympic level strength greater than Batman, and at 2 tons or more with Venom injected into his body.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Daredevil wins this.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock
Alexander Anderson said:
"Just a couple questions/remarks: 

What is the nature of the sonics Nightwing carries in his kit?  Are they standard for his kit, do they require direct contact, do they effect a wide area and how wide is that area, etc.  Are there relevant scans or guidebook entries? 

The 'sonics win' line of thinking works on the assumption that Dick knows or will very quickly figure out that DD has enhanced hearing and will react accordingly.  That's a questionable assumption in a random encounter."
You know what, you're right. I'm pretty sure that Dick could find out that DD is blind even in battle, but wouldn't know about his enhanced sense unless he told him about them. But, I'm still under the impression that Nightwing could still possibly beat Daredevil.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Alexander Anderson said:
"Just a couple questions/remarks: 

The 'sonics win' line of thinking works on the assumption that Dick knows or will very quickly figure out that DD has enhanced hearing and will react accordingly.  That's a questionable assumption in a random encounter."
You know what, you're right. I'm pretty sure that Dick could find out that DD is blind even in battle, but wouldn't know about his enhanced sense unless he told him about them. But, I'm still under the impression that Nightwing could still possibly beat Daredevil."
Daredevil never shows any sign that he's blind even in a fight he is losing...I don't see how Dick could find out.I don't think Nightwing has any chance against DD.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"Daredevil never shows any sign that he's blind even in a fight he is losing...I don't see how Dick could find out.I don't think Nightwing has any chance against DD."
Really? What about that scan of Batman easily finding out that DD is blind? Why couldn't Dick do the same? Batman taught him most of everything he knows. And, why do you think Daredevil doesn't show signs of his blindness? The things that he did to give Batman the idea that he is blind will happen in the fight...