#452  Edited By IrishX
@Vance Astro said:
"

Nightcrawler...easily.

"

@Vance Astro said:

"Daredevil. "

Have a change of mind? 

I think it's a pretty even matchup myself. I'd give the edge to Kurt though.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#453  Edited By velle37
@IrishX said:
"@Vance Astro said:
"

Nightcrawler...easily.

"

@Vance Astro said:

"Daredevil. "

Have a change of mind?   I think it's a pretty even matchup myself. I'd give the edge to Kurt though. "

Lol
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Daredevil
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Ferro Vida:
I agree with most of what you said, but for the record I think it was PIS when Daredevil predicted Nightcrawler's appearance several seconds ahead of time. Nightcrawler has been consistantly shown as being able to teleport multiple times in a single second. That time with Daredevil indicates that there are several seconds between his disappearances and reappearances.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#456  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@velle37 said:
" @IrishX said:
"@Vance Astro said:
"

Nightcrawler...easily.

"

@Vance Astro said:

"Daredevil. "

Have a change of mind?   I think it's a pretty even matchup myself. I'd give the edge to Kurt though. "
Lol "
Notice those posts are 3 years apart....
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#457  Edited By Ferro Vida
@(((Prodigy))) said:
" @Ferro Vida: I agree with most of what you said, but for the record I think it was PIS when Daredevil predicted Nightcrawler's appearance several seconds ahead of time. Nightcrawler has been consistantly shown as being able to teleport multiple times in a single second. That time with Daredevil indicates that there are several seconds between his disappearances and reappearances. "
Several seconds may have been an exaggeration, but the point was that he was able to detect that Kurt was about to appear when he was not in the immediate area to begin with. 

@bag_o_x_men said:
" @Ferro Vida:   I respectfully disagree.  I already said that DD could tell where Kurt would be, but it won't be enough.  Kurt can be predicted, yes, but DD isn't Kraven or IF, and he certainly isn't Magneto.  In order for him to one shot Kurt, he needs to do precisely what you said...hit him with a billy club in the throat, or a nerve strike, but knowing basically where Kurt will appear doesn't give him enough to be able to make attacks with that kind of precision.  Add in that when Matt makes the attempt once, Kurt will be expecting it and adjust accordingly.  He's fast enough to dodge or block most any attack DD makes. Matt may get off a kick the first time, but Kurt can certainly take a kick from Matt.  His agility, speed,  and flexibility will allow him to take many kicks and/or punches from DD.  And I believe that enough fast  'ports just outside of DD's range of attack will leave enough noise from imploding air and brimstone stench to throw DD into sensory overload and allow Kurt the advantage.  Pyro was able to do the same thing with heat and smoke, and Bullseye's done it a few ways.  And Kurt has used this strategy effectively in the past , most tellingly against X-23 when they first met.  And if DD is distracted for even a second, Kurt can take advantage of it.  Matt won't have a feww minutes to recover like he did with Nitro.  He'll be getting 'port blitzed or suffering a fusillade of strikes that can put him down.  And that's if Kurt's playing nice.  Kurt's been training with martial artists of near equal to equal skill as DD for years, and he's trained with and fought many faster opponents.  I just don't see DD as a serious threat to Kurt unless Kurt is restricted from teleporting. "
Daredevil is a vastly superior fighter than Kraven the Hunter is, and his senses are exponentially greater. This was classic Iron Fist, whose skill level was roughly equal with Daredevil's, and when he hit Nightcrawler he did so with a single regular punch that was enough to knock Kurt off balance and put an end to his teleporting assault. If you think that Nightcrawler is anywhere NEAR Daredevil in terms of fighting skill than you are either a massive Nightcrawler fanboy or you know nothing about Daredevil. Likewise, Kurt is not capable of doing the kind of sensory damage. Nitro exploding >>>>>>> Kurt teleporting. Daredevil has faced down Mister Fear's gas, which is much more powerful than brimstone stench. 

I would also like to point out that Kurt has tried blitzing Rogue with teleporation attacks (when she did not have Ms. Marvel's powers) and that she was able to fake him out and hit him. Rogue, who, compared to Daredevil, is a horrible fighter and who has no enhanced senses to speak of.
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458  Edited By bag_o_x_men

DD is more skilled than Kraven, but Kraven is stronger, faster and has instincts that could be almost considered a sixth sense. His senses are also superior except for DD's radar sense.  Fighting skill isn't always everything.
What IF did to the entire X-men team was PIS.  Come on.  And while IF's skill is about equal to Matt's, even classic IF had superior striking.
Kurt is nowhere near DD in skill.  I'm just saying that Kurt has fought and trained with people who are DD's equal in skill, so is used to using his powers to compensate.  Again, skill isn't everything.
Kurt has successfully used a combination of noise from his ports and stench, not as damage, but as distraction against opponents with enhanced senses.  I see no reason why this wouldn't work on Matt.  Smoke can be enough to throw off his senses.   And I never said that Nitro didn't do more damage, Kurt doesn't do any damage.  But DD had time to recover after Nitro.  Kurt just needs a distraction to allow him to 'port in close and take DD on Mr Toad's Wild Ride.  KO, done.
I didn't see the Rogue thing, but it reeks of PIS.  Though anything from Rogue, wouldn't surprise me.  She did beat Wolverine without her powers too.  She may not have the h2h feats, or be ranked as high, but she does pull off some crazy things.

RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459  Edited By RightScar
@bag_o_x_men said:

" DD is more skilled than Kraven, but Kraven is stronger, faster and has instincts that could be almost considered a sixth sense. His senses are also superior except for DD's radar sense.  Fighting skill isn't always everything. What IF did to the entire X-men team was PIS.  Come on.  And while IF's skill is about equal to Matt's, even classic IF had superior striking. Kurt is nowhere near DD in skill.  I'm just saying that Kurt has fought and trained with people who are DD's equal in skill, so is used to using his powers to compensate.  Again, skill isn't everything.Kurt has successfully used a combination of noise from his ports and stench, not as damage, but as distraction against opponents with enhanced senses.  I see no reason why this wouldn't work on Matt.  Smoke can be enough to throw off his senses.   And I never said that Nitro didn't do more damage, Kurt doesn't do any damage.  But DD had time to recover after Nitro.  Kurt just needs a distraction to allow him to 'port in close and take DD on Mr Toad's Wild Ride.  KO, done. I didn't see the Rogue thing, but it reeks of PIS.  Though anything from Rogue, wouldn't surprise me.  She did beat Wolverine without her powers too.  She may not have the h2h feats, or be ranked as high, but she does pull off some crazy things. "

Kraven's senses are not even remotely comparable to Daredevil's.His strength and speed don't even matter because they are only above Daredevil's by a small margin..especially as far as speed is concerned.They also won't change the outcome of whether DD will tag Nightcrawler just as easily.
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By Ramtha07
@Ferro Vida:
Rogue has superhuman speed. DD does not. Someone who can move that fast doesn't need to be all ninja'd up... Kurt also has superhuman speed and agility. DD does not. Kurt is faster, more agile though not as proficient in hand to hand. Uses his tail as a third appendage... definite advantage (don't read too much into that comment). Tough fight though. DD is hard as hell to hit with that radar of his but he is not precog. Again, good battle. I see Kurt eventually porting DD into submission. All he has to do is touch DD and BAMF away with him. DD doesn't have anything to predict when they're engaged in hand to hand... one touch, one hit... and it's off to LA LA land. And, morals off, porting away with DD's head.  
Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By Billdevil

I think Nightcrawler and Daredevil have skills and powers that balance out well and would make an interesting fight (thus the bumped 3 year old post). In the end I see it this way.

Agility - Body positioning ability: About   equal,  Flexibility: NC, Balance: DD (slightly)

Strength: DD (slightly)

Combat Skills: DD (though NC’s got skills)   

Powers

What I think it really comes down to is blitz teleporting vs. senses anticipating those ports.   NC might be able to teleport DD a mile up and drop him but that’s only if DD doesn’t anticipate the move and crack him in the face when he pops in. So ... DD hits him as they teleport, NC is knocked out a mile in the air and they both fall to their deaths. It is sad day in the Marvel Universe indeed. Now are you all happy with yourselves? :-)          

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Ramtha07: Rogue does not have superhuman speed, or she didn't when she has faced Nightcrawler. Kurt does not have superhuman speed, and his agility comes from his prehensile spine and circus training. It's out of character for Nightcrawler to just teleport him away, and even if he did it wouldn't win the fight for him. And morals aren't off. Please read the rules.
RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463  Edited By RightScar
@Ferro Vida said:
Kurt does not have superhuman speed
Since when?
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Billdevil said:
"

I think Nightcrawler and Daredevil have skills and powers that balance out well and would make an interesting fight (thus the bumped 3 year old post). In the end I see it this way.

Agility - Body positioning ability: About   equal,  Flexibility: NC, Balance: DD (slightly)

Strength: DD (slightly)

Combat Skills: DD (though NC’s got skills)   

Powers

What I think it really comes down to is blitz teleporting vs. senses anticipating those ports.   NC might be able to teleport DD a mile up and drop him but that’s only if DD doesn’t anticipate the move and crack him in the face when he pops in. So ... DD hits him as they teleport, NC is knocked out a mile in the air and they both fall to their deaths. It is sad day in the Marvel Universe indeed. Now are you all happy with yourselves? :-)          

"
haha a draw!
Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465  Edited By Billdevil
@texasdeathmatch: Thank you. 
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466  Edited By Ramtha07
@Ferro Vida:
I realize morals aren't off and did read the OP... I meant it as an 'if' morals were off' kind of comment ... why couldn't teleporting away with DD win the fight for him? How is it out of character when he's done it?One teleport is potentially far too much strain for non superpowered types according to a plethora of Claremont blurbs... why is DD able to withstand it and still be in fighting shape? And I was pretty sure NC mutant physiology made him more agile and far quicker than your average bear (remember comics where Spiderman comments on them being near equal in that department).
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By Ferro Vida
@RightScar said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
Kurt does not have superhuman speed
Since when? "
Since always... Show me him showing superhuman speed. 

@Ramtha07: Why bring it it up if has nothing to do with this fight? Nightcrawler has teleported long-distances with other characters before, and the way that he teleports has changed several times since Chris Claremont was writing X-men. Originally, teleporting more than just himself was enough to knock Kurt out. In order for Nightcrawler to teleport far enough to knock Daredevil out, he would have to teleport far enough to knock himself out as well (see the first time he teleported with Wolverine). Read Secret War; Spider-man easily out-maneuvers him when he's actually trying.
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468  Edited By Ramtha07
@Ferro Vida:
Because, with all do respect, I wanted to bring it up... and because the OP said absolutely nothing about morals either way... which leaves the matter open to discussion and debate as far as I'm concerned. You don't care about morals then fine. Leave it alone I guess... your choice!  

I've no doubt Spiderman is superior to Kurt... but the comparison's been made nonetheless suggesting beyond peak human speed and agility (as does his bio). Feats suggest it as well in many X-men books, but I don't have scans (or a scanner) to prove it so we can let that hang. Wolverine has always been a tough port for Kurt do to the density of his adamantium laced skeleton more so than his 300lbs frame. DD is a 185 lbs human so there are differences making a comparison kinda ''meh". Kurt, trained, ports multiples with passenger just fine. Passenger out cold, Kurt groggy but still standing. 

Also, to bring up an earlier point; Rogue, with Carol Danver's powers, hits supersonic speeds does she not? Again, if she was depowered (as she often has been in the past) at the time of your example, then the point is moot... just asking though...
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Ramtha07: I reiterate: read the D@mn rules. Unless otherwise stated in the OP, morals apply. 

Well Daredevil has also hung with Spider-man, and even beaten him on two or three occasions, so even assuming Kurt IS anywhere near Peter's level in speed or agility, it won't be anything that Daredevil hasn't faced before. I want you to show me Nightcrawler incapacitating someone by teleporting with them. Show me that and I admit the point to you; no matter how unlikely it is for him to do so, he could. All you have to do is provide the proof. And let's say that Daredevil does kick Nightcrawler as he is coming out of a 'port. What is honestly more likely to happen, that Kurt gets knocked on his @ss or that Kurt times another teleportation perfectly so that as soon as Matt connects he bamfs? Considering he has been hit coming out of his teleporations plenty of times in the past (Wolverine, Iron Fist, Kraven, Cyclops, Rogue...). 

She was depowered at the time and was STILL able to out-maneuver him, and this is after taking a few punches.
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Several seconds may have been an exaggeration, but the point was that he was able to detect that Kurt was about to appear when he was not in the immediate area to begin with.  

That's apparently what the writer was trying to get across, but it was written in a very PIS-ish way. 
I have at least 3 scans in my folder of Nightcrawler tele-punching groups of guys so rapidly that the first one hasn't even fallen over by the time he's done. As it is consistently written, his teleportation is not actually instantaneous, but it's pretty dang close. 
The scan, on the other hand, indicates that there's enough time for Daredevil to sense an atmospheric change and say a whole sentence about it between Nightcrawler's disappearance and reappearance. 

I am still of the opinion that Daredevil would win in a rather close fight, but I really think that's a bad scan on which to base the pro-DD argument here.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By jeanroygrant

Kurt maybe.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472  Edited By Ferro Vida

Daredevil without much problem

Avatar image for en_sabah_nur_apocalypse
en_sabah_nur_apocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SORRY FANS nightcrawler takes this:

both are equally skilled fighters, nightcrawler more agile w/tail advantage and wall crawling.

THE REAL MISCONCEPTION I SEE IS : ppl think daredevil will track nightcrawler by smell. WRONG. WHEN HE TELEPORTS IN THATS WHEN U WILL SMELL THE OTHER DIMENSION. THE SMELL WILL BE ALL AROUND AFTER EACH TELEPORTATION.

its not a method of tracking him because hes not smelling his movements in the other dimension which is only a matter of thought and seconds.

daredevil could only hope to learn his fighting pattern if one, but by then nightcrawler already beats him silly.

ive only seen gambit and cyclops handle nc because they know his methods. crawler whooped spideys azz b4.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474  Edited By pastepotpete1

@alexander_anderson said:

Gambler says:

"Interesting fight (in my opinion) I think Daredevil could take Nightcrawler. With his heightened senses I think he could smell and react fast enough to Nightcrawler's teleportation."

That's what I was thinking...but the smell of brimstone could mess with his sense of smell...and Nightcrawler is stronger and probably more agile. It would be a fun fight if Kurt doesn't just use the 'drop him from a ridiculous height' option.

no night crawler is not stronger than dd no no way ..night crawler can lift his own body weight at most dd is a one tonner he can use his billy club to swing around nyc buidling i say have to be pretty apish for that night crawler has been laughed at by many people on how soft his blows are

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm why would night crawler kill someone right off the back?

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously with morals off and daredevil wouldn't know he has to hold on to Kurt when he teleports Kurt has the edge. With tele drops. But since Kurt isn't a villain he wouldn't drop him from crazy heights. (Although maybe from a few stories batman style) honestly this is a hell of a fight. I think daredevil radar sense completely counteracts night crawlers teleporting fighstyle sense he senses as soon as night crawler starts to teleport in. No sneak attacks for night crawler . I'm pretty sure daredevil would win but only 4/7 fights

JimboBchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil is a joke in this match up lol, kurt for the easy win

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler

monkey_d_joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurt

Jack_Luminous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Kurt can even touch Matt Murdock. Wolverine's senses were a hard counter to Kurt and he never got a single win in their training sessions despite having hundreds of fights between them. It wasn't just Logan's senses that let him win every time it was also because he found Nightcrawler to be very predictable. He was even holding back and giving Kurt openings on purpose and it didn't make a difference.

Matt's whole thing is his exceptional sensory powers and fighting skill. He's winning every single time.