new 52 superman vs marvel now thor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Erick_Williams

Superman

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erick_williams: care to explain.

===========================

And i know rune king is above sa supes, i meant king thor.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Superman just doesn't have comparable feats yet. Unless you count the fight against Orion as a barometer that you could use to saysuperman could give Thor a run for his money

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done. Still thor.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By lesterlawton

Thor wins. Supes is fast, but he isn't dodging lightning.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Lol @ the comment above me

Anyways, I heard this new Marvel now Thor is fast, I'd love to see some of his feats.

Someone mind posting them or directing me to where I can see them?

Thanks.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By bigcimmerian

Thor should win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why Thor was easily knocked down by that robot in Avengers 16,if he could defeated Gorr?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By dondave

Why Thor was easily knocked down by that robot in Avengers 16,if he could defeated Gorr?

He defeated a less powerful version of Gorr with Lighting. When he got to the future, Gorr defeated him alongside Thorforce Thor and Young Thor. He only killed Gorr because he absorbed the energy from the Godbomb and harnessed it's power to kill Gorr. It wasn't of his own power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: You understand what I meant with this..he could easily take down that robot.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: that robot stomped the whole avengers and if you consider Hyperion then it's not a life showing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii: He could still take down that robot,considering the amount of punishment he already takes. This is not a excuse

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: You understand what I meant with this..he could easily take down that robot.

You're basing is ability to take down the robot on him being able to beat Gorr. However, he didn't defeat Gorr of his own power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

You're basing is ability to take down the robot on him being able to beat Gorr. However, he didn't defeat Gorr of his own power.

But he could asorb what the robot enrgy blast,don't?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

He could but Thor not the smartest person around.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The God of Thunder wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@dondave said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

He could but Thor not the smartest person around.

LOL

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Superman won't start with speedblitz, he won't survive Thor's lightnings.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SOG7dc

@princearagorn1: You sure? The marvel now and new52 versions have been done before?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@sog7dc said:

@princearagorn1: You sure? The marvel now and new52 versions have been done before?

I think so.. or maybe this is the same thread and was bumped lol

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins. Supes is fast, but he isn't dodging lightning.

Huh? Superman moves way faster than lightning.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

1.Thor's lightning are magic. Since they were able to weld planet, I don't have doubts about that.

2.Aquaman's brother KOd new JLA without problem with magic and Thor's lightnings and storms has even higher feat.

3.Thor KOd Hulk and Surfer with his lightnings, he KOd Alter Ego from inside and blocked planet level beam with his storm.

He would definitely KO Superman.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666:

You said he wouldn't survive at first. I was arguing that he would in fact survive. And let's put what Orm did in perspective.

1. First things first. Up until that point superman survived helsponts blasts and darksieds omega beams so him being knocked out by owns lightening was lazy writing IMO.

2. Superman and WW are both capable of dodging lightening they more than likely just didn't know Orm could do it until it was done.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

1.Differente kind of attack, electricity can be simply more effective on him.

2.Did they showed it? In character?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#79  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

If we're using just the Marvel Now version of Thor, what is this Warrior's Madness business about? Has he shown it in Marvel Now? As for him cracking planets with his blows, I feel the need to point out that it wasn't just him doing that, it was his fight with Gorr, so I wouldn't give him all the credit for it. Also, just throwing out attacks on that level was damaging Thor, ripping apart his muscles and shaking his bones. And with the black hole thing, I'm not entirely sure that Thor created that with his swing, since just before that, Gorr had opened a hole exactly like that to bring out a serpent. That's on Thor though. On Superman, it seems like his feat early on of speed reading all the necessary texts to be able to save Lois (or something like that) has been forgotten. That demonstrates greater speed than Marvel Now Thor has. Thor may fly faster with his hammer, but this isn't a race. (Though I do remember some sort of potentially FTL speed used in a situation with Red Hood...)

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

1. ive never seen that stated anywhere

2. did they show what? clarify please

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

If we're using just the Marvel Now version of Thor, what is this Warrior's Madness business about? Has he shown it in Marvel Now? As for him cracking planets with his blows, I feel the need to point out that it wasn't just him doing that, it was his fight with Gorr, so I wouldn't give him all the credit for it. Also, just throwing out attacks on that level was damaging Thor, ripping apart his muscles and shaking his bones. And with the black hole thing, I'm not entirely sure that Thor created that with his swing, since just before that, Gorr had opened a hole exactly like that to bring out a serpent. That's on Thor though. On Superman, it seems like his feat early on of speed reading all the necessary texts to be able to save Lois (or something like that) has been forgotten. That demonstrates greater speed than Marvel Now Thor has. Thor may fly faster with his hammer, but this isn't a race. (Though I do remember some sort of potentially FTL speed used in a situation with Red Hood...)

this. I had forgotten about that feat in action comics.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The never ending debate

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By czarny_samael666

@sog7dc said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@sog7dc:

1. ive never seen that stated anywhere

2. did they show what? clarify please

1.Electricity is different than energy beam and both are different than fire (for example). Of course if we don't see that heroes takes these attacks in different way, we assume they aren't weaker to any of them, but we've clearly seen that Superman was KOd by lightnings. Ones that aren't really comparable to Thor's.

2.Did they ever (in N52) dodged lightnings?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

He flew from Pluto to Earth in under a minute.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SOG7dc

@czarny_samael666:

1. I've never seen that stated or displayed in canon. And how do you know Thors lightening is stronger than the lightening of the trident? They both come from indestructible magical based weapons.

2. And superman has moved faster than light in the new 52. So yes he is capable of dodging lightening.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

1.It is just an observation. For example Magneto can absorb lightnings to boost his own powers, lightnings affects small part of body with all power, while laser beam is much wider, sun's fire never really affected Thor, but weaker energy beams did it, etc. You know what I mean?

1b. Because Thor's lightnings currently were welding planet that was ripping apart, his storm blocked planet level attack, he can summon weather effects from many worlds to one area (fight with Glory), they KOd Alter Ego, Silver Surfer, Hulk. In other words - Thor's lightnings have better feats.

2.This is not what I was asking for - I was asking for dodging lightning. Thor currently flew over 30,000,000 FTL, but it doesn't mean that he can dodge everything. A specially in character. Superman was hitted before, so he don't use that kind of speed whole the time.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

1.It is just an observation. For example Magneto can absorb lightnings to boost his own powers, lightnings affects small part of body with all power, while laser beam is much wider, sun's fire never really affected Thor, but weaker energy beams did it, etc. You know what I mean?

1b. Because Thor's lightnings currently were welding planet that was ripping apart, his storm blocked planet level attack, he can summon weather effects from many worlds to one area (fight with Glory), they KOd Alter Ego, Silver Surfer, Hulk. In other words - Thor's lightnings have better feats.

2.This is not what I was asking for - I was asking for dodging lightning. Thor currently flew over 30,000,000 FTL, but it doesn't mean that he can dodge everything. A specially in character. Superman was hitted before, so he don't use that kind of speed whole the time.

well i have to concede that while superman should be able to dodge lightening and likely is it has not been displayed in the new 52. as I said earlier superman doesn't have many feats yet. he's like 72 issues in. but I did find this little nugget:

No Caption Provided

so this means a number of things:

1. Geoff johns just ignored this

2. superman is able to tank lightening

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@sog7dc:

well i have to concede that while superman should be able to dodge lightening and likely is it has not been displayed in the new 52. as I said earlier superman doesn't have many feats yet. he's like 72 issues in. but I did find this little nugget:

No Caption Provided

so this means a number of things:

1. Geoff johns just ignored this

2. superman is able to tank lightening

You already saw his respect thread,he has plenty of feats...he might not have many speed feats. Geoff Johns didn'tignored it and if you read Aquaman would know that Dead King says the Tridents and the Scepter are magic based weapons,so Superman was KOed by magical lightnings. Also wasn't only one lightning was 3 constant charges.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

Thor's lightning are magically based, You can't compare it to normal electricity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Actually less than a minute,because when RHATO teleportated from Pluto to Earth have passed 60 seconds and Superman was already there,just waiting for them.

@czarny_samael666: Exactly,but Superman have some magic resistance feats in New 52.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Actually less than a minute,because when RHATO teleportated from Pluto to Earth have passed 60 seconds and Superman was already there,just waiting for them.

@czarny_samael666: Exactly,but Superman have some magic resistance feats in New 52.

To something that have planet level feats?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: He only use Mjolnir more often than lightning and if he don't KO his enemy with it, lightnings are coming right next. Only agaisnt Hulk he decides to brawl even without hammer, but we both know why...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

@czarny_samael666 In Action Comics 22 an magic alien entity (Lexus)fired a blast to kill the Pax Galatica,but Superman interveined and takes the blast for them,noticed that Lexus is surprised.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21:

0.I am not a physicst and personally I can't compare gigawatts to lightning's volts.

1.His storm blocked planet level blast and his storm KOd a planet (Alter-Ego, with context behind, but You get my point).

2.We can even assume that Superman will survive first lightning, but he will be stunned for sure. Thor currently stunned Hyperion-13304 with first bolt. It is obivious that he will boost its power to level that allowed him to KO Surfer/Hulk in next move.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: About Action comics:

1.He was KOd, which is rather point for Thor, not Superman.

2.Any other greats feats for that creature?

3.It was pretty clear that Superman don't like magic. It also could be a reason why he was KOd by mentioned lightning of Aquaman's brother.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21:

0.I am not a physicst and personally I can't compare gigawatts to lightning's volts.

I didn't say anything contary that..

@matchesmalone21: About Action comics:

1.He was KOd, which is rather point for Thor, not Superman.

2.Any other greats feats for that creature?

3.It was pretty clear that Superman don't like magic. It also could be a reason why he was KOd by mentioned lightning of Aquaman's brother.

Count for Superman,because magic is one of his main weakness and the creature was willing to kill everyone. He was KOed for few minutes,before you mentioned Aquaman 16 when he and Wonder Woman are still knocked out...is because their pods are surrounded/covered by the Trench's paralyzing secretion. Wasn't only asingle Lighting,are 3 contanst charges....

No Caption Provided

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21:

This is not a point for Supe, because he was one-shotted by this creature. No reason to belive that Thor wouldn't do the same. You forgot to remember that Thor's attacks also are magically based.

For now there is no reason to belive that Superman won't be one-shotted by magic lightning, since he already was one-shotted by magic lightning (with no other feats) and by magic bolt (with no other feats).