new 52 superman vs marvel now thor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc

ok so ive read a ton a battles on the vine and its always the same. no layers. this one is different. I present to you

No Caption Provided

new 52 superman versus

No Caption Provided

Marvel Now Thor

heres the scenario; dr doom and lex luthor have teamed up in an effort to either control both worlds, or destroy them. through a series of events it comes down to the fact that superman and thor have to square off until the team of batman flash cyborg iron man reed Richards and prof Xavier come up with a way to thwart th evil plot. the battle goes on for days and they have to go hard at eachother and not hold back or lex and doom pull the trigger and the worlds go boom. so theyre not holding back...but they don't want to kill eachother either. however they CAN die through exhaustion or punishment taken. so there it is. remember this is the new 52 version versus marvel now renditions of the characters

rules: thor CAN go into warriors madness

superman CAN cut loose in this to defend himself. and I mean really cut loose like imagine thor killed his ma and pa and banged lois....while wearing supermans cape. (haha)

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well i might have chosen superman before because of a lack of feats for my boy thor, after god of thunder issue 9 and how thor performed against the starbrand i think thor beats supes.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sog7dc: Hmm this is a tough one. I think I'm going to go with Marvel Now Thor. Normally I would go with Superman but New 52 Superman is not as fast or as strong or as durable or as powerful as he used to be in the Pre 52 DC. While Thor is now getting more powerful with Marvel Now. plus New 52 Superman seems even less resistant to Magic than Pre 52 Superman. This is how I always viewed Superman vs Thor

Pre Crisis

Strength: Superman

Speed: Superman

Power: Superman

Durability: Superman

Stamina: Superman

Winner: Superman

Post Crisis

Strength: Superman is slightly stronger

Power: Thor is slightly more powerful

Durability: Tie

Stamina: Tie

Winner: Tie

New 52

Strength: Thor is slightly stronger

Speed: Thor

Power: Thor

Durability: Thor

Winner: Thor

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor ftw :). When a supes fan arhues i will start debating properly.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your talking to the guy who created it right?

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sebast_Allen

Lol, so who do you support?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's guns are way bigger, he wins.

*sarcasm*

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Wolverine008

Thor.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sebast_Allen

Thor has shown himself to be quite fast recently and superman has not yet let loose speed blitsing that thor couldnt react to.

He was going up against people like apocolypse before mjolnir, he made it rain fire/lightning without it, he hit a guy so hard a black hole formed, he one shotted the guy with lightning while thor was near death (this guy he one shotted killed thousands of gods) without the hammer and he fought inside the sun without the hammer. He beats the shitaki mushrooms out of supes with his large hammer or chops supes up and fries him with jarnborn (he butchered apocolypse with it). And all the above feats were a young thor who hasnt discovered his true power. And thor's fighting skills are legend,

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RetconCrisis

New 52 Superman is much weaker than pre-Flashpoint. Thor wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@enzeru: I dont recall if New 52 Superman had FTL combat speed, for what i know he has only showed travel speed.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru: I dont recall if New 52 Superman had FTL combat speed, for what i know he has only showed travel speed.

Did Enzeru actually say Superman had FTL combat speed?

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good arguement. Though i recall thor tagging loki who was said to be as fast as thought with his hammer by throwing it as fast as light. And he can go much faster as he travels lightyears in seconds. So he can throw it at it's travel speeds at supes and he can make it follow supes. He also has area of attack moves like his wind of 1000 worlds to shred supes.

He can also absorb supes heat vision and send it back 100 times as strong. He could also absorb supes solar energy like he absorbed kang the conqurers energies.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
@enzeru said:

@sebast_allen: Superman, due to the ridiculous speed advantage. If their speed would be even for the sake of a good fight, Thor would win.

What? isn't current thor the one with speed advantage? I mean, they were fighting gorr across lightyears. And in the sun, too..

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats what im thinking. I posted pre mjolnir feats of thor, imagine if i post the current ones feats

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn: Idk if it's faster than light but in the interest of full disclosure he did speed blitz Orion and he was strong enough to hit Orion "...harder than I've ever been hit in my immortal life!" but to be fair to Thor while fighting Gorr (come on Jason Aaron you couldn't given us a better name than that) "avenger thor" was fighting to his full potential and cracked a planet as collateral damage. And for the Sam of consistent debate without conjecture let's keep it to the avengers version of Thor orbrather the "current" one. Not the young one without mjolnir an not the king version.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor. In Marvel Now, he was destroying multiple planets with his blows, flew a million times the speed of light, and hit Gorr so hard it created a black hole.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sebast_allen: Has Thor done the 1000 winds thing in marvel now? I know the other stuff still applies but for THIS battle I wanted to keep it to just the current renditions in the interest of fairness. Otherwise Thor would have a higher volume of feats than supes. That being said, I know Thor has the ability with mjolnir to absorb heat vision but take into account these two things: would Thor think to do this? I don't see him using that ability very often. Couldn't he absorb whatever energy Gorr is using? And remember the context of this fight. Thor and superman both know they're fighting another good guy but they can't hold back. They both have to fight hard to save both worlds and they both know nothing about the other guy. So Thor wouldn't even be aware of heat vision until he'd been hit with it. Also, to give Thor credit, he has his magic on his side but we must remember magic is a vulnerability not a weakness. And superman has his armor while Thor has his helmet and mjolnir. So this battle is alot closer than you might think

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think Superman is at a fundamental disadvantage because of 2 things:

1. Because the only time he's cut loose is the punch against h'el and the speedblitz against Orion

And

2. He's only fought on earth. If superman fought h'el off planet I think we'd have more higher end feats but as it stands today....it pains me to say but superman's only hope is his speed advantage.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Yeah I can verify that Thor was in fact cracking a planet with his blows. There was only one that I saw but he did it. He was hitting Gorr and cracked a planet

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sebast_Allen

@sog7dc: but your takimg away alot of feats of weather manipulation and strength from thor if you take away his young thor feats, we know that he can do all the stuff he did as young thor, thats why i didnt use king thor feats cos they didnt yet happen. Supes was almost k.oed by 10 gigawatts, who's to say thor couldnt double if not triple that easily.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SOG7dc

@sebast_allen: I didn't mean to do that. I'm

Not taking away those feats I'm just saying infant the ficus on avenger Thor. I just assume that if young Thor did itthen the older ones van do it

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: If I recall right, it was king thor who did it. And gorr was throwing chunks at them, which they destroyed. I just posted the scans in another thread..

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yip, but thor wins in a tough battle, the power he has been showing is amazing, fighting in suns, hitting so hard planets crack and wormholes form. Fixing planets via earth manipulation, one shotting gorr with lightning while thor was near death, butchering apocolyose, making solar storms to make his ship move faster than light, make it rain lightning and fire, easily destroying gigantic chunks of moon, being referred to as either a world breaker/world killer. Hurting the starbrand user. Thor wins....

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sebast_allen: Thanks but excuse my ignorance do I get a bro fist because I said Thor?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sebast_allen: I belive venomoushatred was wrong about Thor destroyed planet with his fist,If I recall correctly the planets are destroyed because the shock between Gorr and Thor

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@sog7dc: Hmm this is a tough one. I think I'm going to go with Marvel Now Thor. Normally I would go with Superman but New 52 Superman is not as fast or as strong or as durable or as powerful as he used to be in the Pre 52 DC. While Thor is now getting more powerful with Marvel Now. plus New 52 Superman seems even less resistant to Magic than Pre 52 Superman. This is how I always viewed Superman vs Thor

Pre Crisis

Strength: Superman

Power: Superman

Durability: Superman

Stamina: Superman

Winner: Superman

Post Crisis

Strength: Superman is slightly stronger

Power: Thor is slightly more powerful

Durability: Tie

Winner: Tie

New 52

Strength: Thor is slightly stronger

Speed: Thor

Power: Thor

Durability: Thor

Winner: Thor

this.

But...I still love Superman....so F*** Y'ALL!!

lol jk,still love supes,though....

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Now Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Agreed He's my favourite character I love Superman. He's pretty much the only reason DC is still on my pull list. But I also love Thor. I think I have the right idea.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: i bro fisted cos you replied to the topic,

My favourite characters are thor, hulk, kyle rayner, hyperion, agent venom and starbrand.

But anyway, i have argued enough on thor's part to give him a victory, unless someone can prove otherwise by saying how supes could beat thor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sebast_allen: Oh that's still good.

I have a long list of favourites. My main ones would have to be Superman Hulk and Thor.

Normally Superman would win. Definitely Pre Crisis Superman. Post Crisis Superman could beat Thor though it's mostly a tie. New 52 Superman is outmatched though. I think everyone genuinely agrees with you that Thor takes this.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sebast_Allen

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: thats my short list of fav guys, i too have a large list

Those are my main guys

Yeah, i agree, pre crisis supes (sa supes i think) would only be a good fight if thor had odin force. And post crisis is debatable, but new 52 supes is outgunned and outmatched.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sebast_allen: Agreed. Pre Crisis kind of stomps any version of Thor except Rune King Thor. Pre Crisis is equal to Thor. and New 52 is as you said outmatched.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sebast_allen: And 10 gigawatts? Are you talking about that electric chair in Action Comics #2?

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SOG7dc

@sebast_allen: I gotta say I disagree with the "outgunned and outmatched" statement. To put things in perspective whether is fighting Gorr he's going all out as hard as he can without going WM. And supes hasn't had a fight like that where he's exhausting himself against somebody. The only two fights that are worth mentioning are his fights with H'el and Orion. He shook the planet all the way to the watchtower against H'el (and it doesn't seem like that's as hard as he can possibly punch) and he speedblitzed Thors brother, Orion and hit Orion harder than he'd ever been hit before. I'd like to revisit this thread in a few months after supes has his fights in villains month and Thor will have more feats as well. So as I said before, I think that today with the feats they've accumulated Thor would win in a hard fought battle just because we've seen what he can do when he's going all out. We have yet tosee that for Clark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: Yeah I don't get the point of this conversation then. Rune King Thor is above Pre Crisis Superman he's around the level of Superman Prime One Million. Although King Thor (From Dan Jurgens run) is equal to Pre Crisis Superman. the rest are beneath him and are more in range with Post Crisis Superman

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers