1. Black Panther
  2. Sabretooth
  3. Wolverine (Pre-Cornell)
  4. Luke Cage
  5. Iron Fist
  6. Spider-Man
  7. Thing
  8. Storm

*Sorry if this gauntlet seems off but I am just gauging animal man, will edit the gauntlet if needed*

Can he clear?

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think he clears if he can harm Thing.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

Do you think he clears the rounds before thing with ease?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the difference in new 52? Cause I think pre52 clears.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: He hasn't channeled Krypto or a Sun eater yet, though with his Seed Planet boost he should be able to.

He doesn't clear if he's not morals off imo. Most of these he can win with flight + fire breath... but he won't.

Honestly, he's not a good enough fighter to take BP because he's so pacifist. Anti-metal claws will get him every time even with peregrine falcon (speed/flight) + fly (reaction time) + Owl (presence concealment) + Rhino (weight/skin durability/strike force) cocktail.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Luke

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Pre-52 would spitestomp.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sync1

@jashro44 said:

@sync1 said:

Do you think he clears the rounds before thing with ease?

Hm.. maybe not with ease against Iron Fist, Spider-Man, and Wolverine.

He should be able to take down BP and Sabretooth relatively easily. Although Luke Cage... didn't he tank a nuke? I don't know anything about him, so i'll just not answer that one unless someone shows some feats that suggests he can take down Animal Man.

Regardless tho, i think he can pretty much clear if he can hurt Thing, and utilize his speed to dodge Storm's attacks and take her down.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stops at Thing

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1: All right thanks for the info. As for Cage he did tank a nuke however that was in age of ultron which is an alternate future so its questionable. Also its an outlier.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone please tell me how A-man beats T'Challa with morals on? I can't help but see him get tagged, and his regeneration against bladed/piercing damage seems to be all but nonexistent.
Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thitiki

@dimitridkatsis said:

Pre-52 would spitestomp.

What makes him so strong? I haven't seen much of Animal Man what can he do?

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BoringPerson

@thitiki: He could channel a Sun Eater. You don't even need to know anything about Sun Eaters other than that they could eat Suns.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would reflexes of a fly or spider, speed of a Cheetah, strength of Rhino, do anything to these guys?

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: He could channel a Sun Eater. You don't even need to know anything about Sun Eaters other than that they could eat Suns.

darn kind weird his name is animal man when his his biggest thing is channeling a sun eater

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonknights: If his opponents are morals off then it wont do him no good. With morals on he stands a good chance in this gauntlet.

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrValance

black panther should be higher (and mayber storm, possibliy thing should be lower)

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson said:

darn kind weird his name is animal man when his his biggest thing is channeling a sun eater

sun eaters are animals in dc

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jashro44

@mrvalance said:

black panther should be higher (and mayber storm, possibliy thing should be lower)

I didn't give the order much thought. To be honest I do think black panther would be more difficult than sabretooth and wolverine. It doesn't really matter though.

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he would stop a Luke.....definitely spider-man though

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrvalance said:

@boringperson said:

sun eaters are animals in dc

OOHHH, makes sense

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jashro44

So new 52 animal is a high tier street leveller/low end mid tier at the moment?

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@mrvalance said:

I didn't give the order much thought. To be honest I do think black panther would be more difficult than sabretooth and wolverine. It doesn't really matter though.

oh kk, i only mentioned cause in the OP you said youd be messing with the list, well i think BP would give new 52 animal man a run for his money...assuming he gets past BP im gonna say he stops at wolverine, he's fought and beat guys faster and stronger than him

Avatar image for iggy_knightfall
Iggy_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Iggy_Knightfall

@jashro44: to my knowledge he was able to catch up to a Rot possessed Flash.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: to my knowledge he was able to catch up to a Rot possessed Flash.

I have seen that feat. IIRC he made a comment that Flash was slower and wasn't at his best. So not sure how much weight that feat holds. uNless someone can show how fast flash was running...

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I think Animal Man is a legitimate Storm Class brick breaker, but he deals poorly with the sort of opponents you placed him up against.

People like Wolverine and Black Panther have too much offensive output for a morals on Animal Man to consistently deal with. In contrast, I'd give Animal Man rather easy wins over Venom, Iron Fist, Spider-Man, and Thing. I'd maybe even give him a majority over Danvers, he's a rather unpredictable stand up slugger due to his half shifting and sheer tenacity.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

would say he is low end mid-tier possibly higher based on what I haven't read of him and obvious potential. I read Animal Man until Rotworld was finished (apparently a lot of people stopped reading there as well which is why it was cancelled).

Also saw the scans of the fight where he channeled the proportional power of multiple insects to fight Seeder who was avatar of the Green at the time.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read 1 thru 11 and 28 , 29, and 30. Oh and justice league United...and I'm still unclear. I'm not sure he could beat Spiderman. I'm not sure because I don't know how his powers work exactly. I thought he was the avatars and from what I read, has not even close. Then later he gets an upgrade cause he died in protecting the avatar(his daughter) but I honestly have too much trouble placing him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Clears.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: @cdiddyman911: @dondave: @boringperson: @sync1: @zhurong: @young_murloc: @boringperson: http://www.comicvine.com/animal-man/4005-22707/forums/new-52-animal-man-respect-thread-675333/?page=1

@jashro44 said:

Thats's wrong. Buddy's above street or city levelers,heck he have killed one ofthe Parliament of Limbs,which is pratically a abstract being mixing a Rhino,Wolf,Tiger and a Gorilla strength and durability in Animal Man 27.

I've read 1 thru 11 and 28 , 29, and 30. Oh and justice league United...and I'm still unclear. I'm not sure he could beat Spiderman. I'm not sure because I don't know how his powers work exactly. I thought he was the avatars and from what I read, has not even close. Then later he gets an upgrade cause he died in protecting the avatar(his daughter) but I honestly have too much trouble placing him.

Buddy Baker wasn't an avatar at first. Was given power to him to protect his daughter Maxine until she grew up and became the guardian of the Red,his powers were very limited could tap with The Red only to take powers of nearby animal (it was not specified how close they have to be).

In Animal Man 10 & 11 Buddy was bitten by rotling wolf (a Hunter Tree in disguise),then killing him in the process also having his body under control of the Rot,but his soul returned to the Red Kingdom. The Parliament of Limbs rulers commands their minion build a new body for Buddy,a body more stronger,durable and also having limited shape-shifting capabilities,so couldn't turn and/or mix animal shape.

In Animal Man 26 he was teleported to Seed Planet,where for the first time tap with alien animals. Impressed with his courage and skills, Bridgewalker chose him as his successor, but realizing that he was seeking to save his family made a deal,gives the Godseed that would give the ability to tap The Red across the Universe (there's more than one Red) and return home,but when Bridgewalker die Buddy will take his place.

Hope that have helped.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jashro44

@matchesmalone21: Wait when you say Buddy is above city level you mean he's above people like iron man and stuff? Because thats what I personally define as city level (at least high end city level)...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@matchesmalone21: Wait when you say Buddy is above city level you mean he's above people like iron man and stuff? Because thats what I personally define as city level (at least high end city level)...

I consider city leveler soemone capable to protect or deal with an entire city as Batman,since most of the Batfamiliy deal with their own problems a and villains. I don't know how to place Iron Man,really.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By patrat18

Animal man would wreck 12356. Could stop at Thing.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By marvel_boy2241

@jashro44: I mean realistically, he could keep up with everyone here. I don't think he can outright beat Thing or Black Panther, simply based on their durability. Or Spider-man for that matter based on his precognition. If I understand his powers (which I read like a few Animal Man comics) he does decent in this gauntlet. And I do believe he is city level.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BoringPerson

@marvel_boy2241: He can easily outright KO Black Panther with a free shot; Black Panther's durability is not a problem. He just won't be able to do so without taking extremely debilitating hit by the extremely skilled Black Panther's energy daggers...

He's fast enough to never let himself get tagged by The Thing and versatile enough not to get taken down by AoE ground slam. He has the output to match The Thing and the combat speed to overwhelm him.

Thunderclap may prove a problem, but that's assuming The Thing has the time to pull it off and it KO's in one shot. Assuming it doesn't KO in one shot, Animal Man can change his auditory organs/brain chemistry to that of organisms that cannot possibly get concussions (the pressure wave is not a problem).

I'd love a Spider-Man vs Animal Man thread, so we can all debate on if Animal Man could channel any spider from the Portia genus to counter Spider-Man's Spider Sense. :P
(Plus, I don't think even Spider-Man could dodge wide berth fire breath from Animal Man flying at 200+ mph for very long.)

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241: He can easily outright KO Black Panther with a free shot; Black Panther's durability is not a problem. He just won't be able to do so without taking extremely debilitating hit by the extremely skilled Black Panther's energy daggers...

Idk about that. Black Panthers suit is made of vibranium. That stuff's pretty durable.

He's fast enough to never let himself get tagged by The Thing and versatile enough not to get taken down by AoE ground slam. He has the output to match The Thing and the combat speed to overwhelm him.

Who is AoE? The thing is more durable than any animal Animal Man can become as far as I know. He may seem big and slow but he also has decent combat speed.

Thunderclap may prove a problem, but that's assuming The Thing has the time to pull it off and it KO's in one shot. Assuming it doesn't KO in one shot, Animal Man can change his auditory organs/brain chemistry to that of organisms that cannot possibly get concussions (the pressure wave is not a problem).

Can do something is different from demonstrating it repeatedly and quickly. I don't deny what you say. But i do doubt Animals Man's consistent demonstration of this power.

I'd love a Spider-Man vs Animal Man thread, so we can all debate on if Animal Man could channel any spider from the Portia genus to counter Spider-Man's Spider Sense. :P

I don't think any animals demonstrate a real pre-cognitive function on the same level as Spider-man. But I have an open mind.

(Plus, I don't think even Spider-Man could dodge wide berth fire breath from Animal Man flying at 200+ mph for very long.)

You'd be surprised of the scans that I can cook up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241: If Black Panther suit is made of Vibranium (I know it was before,but now..),why he have to use force fields in New Avengers?

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By marvel_boy2241

@marvel_boy2241: If Black Panther suit is made of Vibranium (I know it was before,but now..),why he have to use force fields in New Avengers?

Maybe there was like a story lone where he lost it or something. It would be silly for him to use both lol. But the general idea about Black Panther is that his suit is vibranium.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears fairly easily.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I'm 100% sure he wins every round except Thing or Luke Cage. I'll have to go back through my Animal Man issues to see if he has the striking power to beat them. I'm not sure he does.

He is powerful in his latest form, but I don't think he has the tools to beat the big bricks. Might be wrong. Will comment at a later date.