Nekron VS Thanos

Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superparody

DC's death VS the lover of marvels Death how wins? 
1)with prep 3 days 
2)no prep

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

Why don't we go with Nekron for the curbstomp....

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Push

Not enough is known about Nekron.  I do believe CA has defeated him in the past.  But obviously alot has changed since then. Can't really comment till BN finish's!
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AtPhantom
@Push said:
" Not enough is known about Nekron.  I do believe CA has defeated him in the past.  But obviously alot has changed since then. Can't really comment till BN finish's! "
Captain Atom was creating universes at the time. Besides, the sole fact he was able to manipulate the Anti-Monitor would put him well above Thanos.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Dreadmaster
@AtPhantom said:
" @Push said:
" Not enough is known about Nekron.  I do believe CA has defeated him in the past.  But obviously alot has changed since then. Can't really comment till BN finish's! "
Captain Atom was creating universes at the time. Besides, the sole fact he was able to manipulate the Anti-Monitor would put him well above Thanos. "

If we are talking about the near-dead SCW Anti-Moniter that Nekron manipulated then yeah that puts him way ahead of Thanos. xP 

I can't call this one since i haven't seen Nekron really do anything yet.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" @Push said:
Captain Atom was creating universes at the time. Besides, the sole fact he was able to manipulate the Anti-Monitor would put him well above Thanos. "
Thanos lobotomized Kosmos. Beat that. :P

But seriously, I haven't read Blackest Night at all to judge.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"But seriously, I haven't read Blackest Night at all to judge. "
Nekron only appeared in BN: 4 on the last page. xP
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" Thanos lobotomized Kosmos. Beat that. :P "
Kosmos took Thanos out with a city block wide blast. I just did :P
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Push
@AtPhantom said:
" @Push said:

He was creating universes in the quantam field, I believe, in himself, not in the DCU! That's been misconstrewed! And the AM just had his ass handed to him by SBP and all the rest, after Prime tossed his almost carcass into space, Nekron didn't do anything to the AM outside of encasing his very weakend essence into the BL powerbattery! Again, we really need to see the next few issues and the ending to this story before we can get a real gauge on him.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" Thanos lobotomized Kosmos. Beat that. :P "
Kosmos took Thanos out with a city block wide blast. I just did :P "
LOL.  

@dreadmaster said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"But seriously, I haven't read Blackest Night at all to judge. "
Nekron only appeared in BN: 4 on the last page. xP "
All the better reason for us not to give an estimation.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AtPhantom
@Push said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Push said:
He was creating universes in the quantam field, I believe, in himself, not in the DCU! That's been misconstrewed! And the AM just had his ass handed to him by SBP and all the rest, after Prime tossed his almost carcass into space, Nekron didn't do anything to the AM outside of encasing his very weakend essence into the BL powerbattery! Again, we really need to see the next few issues and the ending to this story before we can get a real gauge on him. "
You want another misconception? AM was not beaten by Prime.

Captain Atom was forced to tap into the entirety of the quantum field to beat Nekron. In that same issue Nekron was portrayed as equal to Black Racer and Death of the Endless. Nekron was capable of channeling enough force through a ring to override the Spectre force. Nekron was capable of empowering Scar to overpower all the other guardians. He has appeared for only one page, and he still has enough feats to make him a Monitor level entity.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
"  In that same issue Nekron was portrayed as equal to Black Racer and Death of the Endless."
Really..? 

I hate Johns now.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"  In that same issue Nekron was portrayed as equal to Black Racer and Death of the Endless."
Really..? 

I hate Johns now. "

I don't think Johns wrote the issue he's talking about. >.>
Kael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kael

Even Beyond a Monitos Level Entity...
Nekron Would Kick Thanos Ass...
He´s stronge enought to do that.
He´s responsable for the blackest night.
The Black Ring, The dead superheroes revived.
Besides, there were other issues where he was strong enough to control and make Crona his bitch...

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Really..? "
LMFAO That was fifteen years ago in Captain Atom Morph. Johns wasn't writing it.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @AtPhantom said:
Really..? "
LMFAO That was fifteen years ago in Captain Atom Morph. Johns wasn't writing it. "
Ah, I misread it. I thought Nekron in his current power set was a newer conception. Didn't know he had feats of that magnitude in the past.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@AtPhantom said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @AtPhantom said:
Really..? "
LMFAO That was fifteen years ago in Captain Atom Morph. Johns wasn't writing it. "
Ah, I misread it. I thought Nekron in his current power set was a newer conception. Didn't know he had feats of that magnitude in the past. "

Same here. >_>
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" Ah, I misread it. I thought Nekron in his current power set was a newer conception. Didn't know he had feats in that magnitude in the past. "
He was like that from inception. in his first appearance he supposedly was lord of all the dead. Kinda like Death in Marvel

The issue of Captain atom was controversial. The writer put all three death entities together claiming each on is an aspect of Death. Black Racer was death as inevitability, Endless was death as a merciful release, while Nekron was death as the ultimate opponent. Neil Gaiman disputed that claiming that his Death is the ultimate embodiment of Death.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Ah, I misread it. I thought Nekron in his current power set was a newer conception. Didn't know he had feats in that magnitude in the past. "
He was like that from inception. in his first appearance he supposedly was lord of all the dead. Kinda like Death in Marvel The issue of Captain atom was controversial. The writer put all three death entities together claiming each on is an aspect of Death. Black Racer was death as inevitability, Endless was death as a merciful release, while Nekron was death as the ultimate opponent. Neil Gaiman disputed that claiming that his Death is the ultimate embodiment of Death. "
And that is how it should be.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Push
@AtPhantom said:
" @Push said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Push said:
He was creating universes in the quantam field, I believe, in himself, not in the DCU! That's been misconstrewed! And the AM just had his ass handed to him by SBP and all the rest, after Prime tossed his almost carcass into space, Nekron didn't do anything to the AM outside of encasing his very weakend essence into the BL powerbattery! Again, we really need to see the next few issues and the ending to this story before we can get a real gauge on him. "
You want another misconception? AM was not beaten by Prime.  Captain Atom was forced to tap into the entirety of the quantum field to beat Nekron. In that same issue Nekron was portrayed as equal to Black Racer and Death of the Endless. Nekron was capable of channeling enough force through a ring to override the Spectre force. Nekron was capable of empowering Scar to overpower all the other guardians. He has appeared for only one page, and he still has enough feats to make him a Monitor level entity. "
That I know, and I don't believe I said he was! Not sure I ever recall him being portrayed on par with Death of the Endless? Not dissagreeing with you on how powerfull Nekron is, just need to see how he fairs by the end of the series and what his feats will be in BN.
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

Nekron blinks
Thanos dies

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Push
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
"Nekron blinks Thanos dies "

you really believe that?
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis
@Push said:
" @Johnny_Nemesis said:
you really believe that? "
Maaaaaybee...really though we need to see how powerful Nek is in Blackest Night
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Push
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @Push said:
" @Johnny_Nemesis said:
you really believe that? "
Maaaaaybee...really though we need to see how powerful Nek is in Blackest Night "

Wholeheartedly agreed!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn

I am interested to see how powerful Nekron is in current years... though back in the day... he did give the Classic Captain Atom ( aka Mr. Universe Buster ) a good run

BTW - Do Any of You Guys Know if your Local Comic Book Store is having Massive Sales on Black Friday ?

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By vuviper
@Push said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Push said:
AM was near dead, Nekron was dead. Died in Reign of Hell. Depowered and decapitated by Lord Satanus. So pretty good for a dead guy. Nekron also seems more powerful in underworld unleased
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AtPhantom
@vuviper said:
" AM was near dead, Nekron was dead. Died in Reign of Hell. Depowered and decapitated by Lord Satanus. So pretty good for a dead guy. Nekron also seems more powerful in underworld unleased "
Um, V, Nekron and Neron are not the same guy...
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vuviper
@AtPhantom said:

" @vuviper said:

" AM was near dead, Nekron was dead. Died in Reign of Hell. Depowered and decapitated by Lord Satanus. So pretty good for a dead guy. Nekron also seems more powerful in underworld unleased "
Um, V, Nekron and Neron are not the same guy... "
LOL I'm confused Thanks Phantom
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AtPhantom

No prob : )

I remember debating an entire thread for Elongated man before figuring out I was thinking of Plastic man instead :P

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vuviper
@AtPhantom said:
" No prob : )  I remember debating an entire thread for Elongated man before figuring out I was thinking of Plastic man instead :P "
Hm.. I wonder if Neron will be a black lantern...
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AtPhantom

I don't think he's really dead. Satanus depowered and decapitated him, and he was still capable of some rudimentary speech. I don't think Neron actually can die.

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Push
@vuviper said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" No prob : )  I remember debating an entire thread for Elongated man before figuring out I was thinking of Plastic man instead :P "
Hm.. I wonder if Neron will be a black lantern... "

I seriously doubt it! He's a lord of hell and doubt he's dead for long.  I don't see him being a BL and I don't think he really needs a body?? 

@AtPhantom said:
" @vuviper said:
Um, V, Nekron and Neron are not the same guy... "
Wow, thanx for cleaing that up, was about to get my back issues lol Was thinking, since when was Nekron in Underworld Unleased and Regn in Hell??
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vuviper
@Push: Yeah sorry for the confusion, that was my bad
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Push
@King Saturn said:
"

I am interested to see how powerful Nekron is in current years... though back in the day... he did give the Classic Captain Atom ( aka Mr. Universe Buster ) a good run

BTW - Do Any of You Guys Know if your Local Comic Book Store is having Massive Sales on Black Friday ?

"

Never known CA to bust up any universes in my time!  Outside of Wildstorm CA who merged with Voids powers, I believe?
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Push
@vuviper said:
" @Push: Yeah sorry for the confusion, that was my bad "

All good :-) Happens to all of us from time to time ;-)  I'm not immune to getting mixed up myself!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By King_Saturn
@Push said:
" @King Saturn said:
"

"
Never known CA to bust up any universes in my time!  Outside of Wildstorm CA who merged with Voids powers, I believe? "
Classic Captain Atom created and devoured a Universe into himself... 
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Who is Nekron, I mean I read Blackest Night, also did Indigo kill a Black Lantern?

Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Klandicar
@reaper2923 said:
" Who is Nekron, I mean I read Blackest Night, also did Indigo kill a Black Lantern? "
Someone who isn't on Thanos's level.  That is for sure.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Push
@King Saturn said:
"@Push said:
" @King Saturn said:
"

"
Never known CA to bust up any universes in my time!  Outside of Wildstorm CA who merged with Voids powers, I believe? "
Classic Captain Atom created and devoured a Universe into himself...  "

It was something he made up inside himself, he didn't actually create anything in the DCU, and that bears no relevance on his firepower!
Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Superparody
@Klandicar said:

" @reaper2923 said:

" Who is Nekron, I mean I read Blackest Night, also did Indigo kill a Black Lantern? "
Someone who isn't on Thanos's level.  That is for sure. "
whoa whoa whoa...Nekron is death for the DC realm...what level do you think... Thanos is at 
TOAA < Thanos ?
Seriously Thanos is over-hyped like hell
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By King_Saturn
@Push said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Push said:
" @King Saturn said:
"

"
It was something he made up inside himself, he didn't actually create anything in the DCU, and that bears no relevance on his firepower! "
if it was made up inside himself... why did it fire out of his chest and into the stream of the DC Multiverse ? 
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Push
@King Saturn said:
" @Push said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Push said:
" @King Saturn said:
"

"
It was something he made up inside himself, he didn't actually create anything in the DCU, and that bears no relevance on his firepower! "
if it was made up inside himself... why did it fire out of his chest and into the stream of the DC Multiverse ?  "

I'll have to re-check the issue and pull it back out, but if I remember correctly, it was the dark firestorm who touched CA and corrupted him and his body went camatose, for want of a better word, so he wasn't even actuall in his physical body when that hapend, if I recall correctly? Again, will have to get back and possibly post the scans if and when I find those issues, it was a four issue story that was around the time just before it led into Armegeddon when they were planning to make CA the original Monarch, which is why his series stopped after this storyline, which was somewhere around issues 58 or 59??
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Hasn't Geoff stated he views Nekron as the opposite number to the Presence?? Shouldn't that give us a good ball-park to work in?

Th3 FlAsH 123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Th3 FlAsH 123
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
"Hasn't Geoff stated he views Nekron as the opposite number to the Presence?? Shouldn't that give us a good ball-park to work in? "

Wow. I didn't imagine he would ever be that strong.
Avatar image for gamorasbigdaddy
GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
@vuviper said:
" @AtPhantom said:

Or even Ares maybe?
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By geraldthesloth
@GamorasBigDaddy: Ares came back.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AtPhantom
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" Hasn't Geoff stated he views Nekron as the opposite number to the Presence?? Shouldn't that give us a good ball-park to work in? "
He stated he considers Nekron to be one of the most powerful dark forces in DCU. Being equal to the presence is a bit of a jump from there....
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Push
@GamorasBigDaddy said:
"@vuviper said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Or even Ares maybe? "

Is DC Ares dead??
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AtPhantom
@Push said:
" @GamorasBigDaddy said:
"@vuviper said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Or even Ares maybe? "
Is DC Ares dead?? "
WW killed him a few issues ago.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Push
@AtPhantom said:
" @Push said:
" @GamorasBigDaddy said:
"@vuviper said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Or even Ares maybe? "
Is DC Ares dead?? "
WW killed him a few issues ago. "

Really? Wow, that's crazy! DC seem to like throwing there villains away!!