Negi Springfield (Negima!) vs The 7 Deadly Sins (7DS)

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BeaconofStrength
The 7 Deadly Sins
The 7 Deadly Sins

Vs.

Negi Springfield
Negi Springfield

Rules:

• Sins are in their most powerful incarnations.
  • Pre-UQ Holder/EOS Negima! Negi.
  • Random Encounter.
  • Match begins 500 meters away from each other.
  • Standard equipment.
  • All combatants are serious.
  • Victory by death, incapacitation, or KO.

Rounds:

1. Negi is not allowed to use Pacticos.

2. Negi is allowed to use Pacticos.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BeaconofStrength
Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jgames

Stat wise Negi is superior all the way, and while there are some good hax, is hard to use them against someone faster. On top of that negi himself is a genius and a good strategist in battle, and has his own full counter like magic he can do. An interesting match for sure, but I don't see him losing especially being intangible.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Negi.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's an old pic of the Sins just saying. It doesn't include two members.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@highaccuser: I just grabbed the first picture that didn't look completely horrible. I know it's missing some of em'.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: That's fine as long as their presence is intended. No comment on the outcome but Negi seems incredibly OP.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeathHero61

Negi, he can take their magic, and use it against them, he has intangibility that nobody can really deal with, and he is insanely versatile. The only one who can keep up with him is Meliodas. He can cancel Ban's immortality, and has so many other options.

Round 1 He takes it with difficulties.

Round 2 he wrecks with the options at his disposal.....

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Negi

R2: Stomp in Negi's favor.

Also, all of them will be disrobed if he sneeze. lol

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping out of curiosity, no one really argued for either side.

@deathhero61: @mr_ingenuity: @sirfizzwhiz:

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeathHero61

@princearagorn1: The Sins everybody knows by now, but what do you want to know about Negi? I just finished rereading Negima, so i know a good deal about the character.

He's a summary of what he can do that i posted on the Challenge A Viner Thread

I want to represent the bamf of all bamf Negi Springfield.

No Caption Provided

Its high time someone reintroduces him to the vine since @funsiized is gone. I reread the entire series, and am currently rereading its sequel. Negi Springfield is a character who can be argued to solo HST and is comparable to the likes of characters of the Seven Deadly Sins universe(so if anybody wants to toss in Meliodas, please feel free, it would be interesting.)

• Extremely skilled at martial arts and combat in genera(although he is nowhere near as powerful i'd compare his raw skill to the likes of Goku) he learned complex techniques that takes months and years to master in minutes, hours or days and sometimes weeks. He learned a high level of Chinese Kenpo comparable to high ranking belts or masters in only 2-3 days, and mastered a technique that took an immortal hundreds of years to master only to find that it was incomplete. Negi completed the technique splendidly and perfectly to the point of it becoming apart of him.
  • Extremely skilled in magic, and at the end of his series reached Magister Magi status and became the strongest mage.
  • Has several different tools he can rely on in combat.
  • He is the legit batman of his series, Jack Rakan, a character beyond his general scope of abilities, Negi prepped for months, laying out several trump cards, creating new styles of combat specifically to counter his style, weeks of research on how he fights and even creating several delay spells specifically to put him down. His intelligence is amazing.
  • To top it all off, he is ten years old.

This is what i posted on that thread^

To summarize his stats. I can post scans if needed.

Speed- He maxes out at high lightning speeds(Anywhere between Mach 400 to the quad digits, but considering scaling, he likely got faster, and he blitzed people with insane reaction speeds that are arguably higher than lightning speeds)

Strength- He punched through magical barriers that could withstand Mountain+ to Multi-Mountain attacks easily, and his punches were said to surpass or compare to Jack Rakan, a man who's punches could shake several city blocks with the shockwave of his punch.

Destructive Capacity- Easily above small mountain, and considering the scale of characters like Fate and Jack Rakan, potentially small city busting, Evangeline,(its implied that Negi surpassed her as well) could spread out a huge ice spell that covered an entire city, and she wasn't even trying to destroy the city either,(she was putting out a city wide fire) Also, there's also his a thousand thunderbolts spell.

Nagi Springfield(Negi's father) used the thousand thunderbolts before Negi. And it was a devastating technique that could destroy entire armies of warpships and superweapons. Here's the first time it was used by Nagi Springfield(by the way he was apparently only 15 years old at the time when he performed this feat so this isn't even his strongest.)

Here's when Negi himself used it against Fate's equally as powerful Tearing Earth spell. The explosion was way beyond what Nagi himself did. The explosion had so much heat and intensity it could be felt from all over the city, by the warships from several miles away, and was brighter than the daylight.

The resulting explosion was so intense in heat and force, that it melted their surroundings,(part of that was because of Fate's Tearing Earth spell that produces lava.)

No Caption Provided

I haven't even discussed his versatility.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for who i think wins, that's really hard. This is a great matchup In round 1 he may lose, but the sins will have one hell of a fight, Gowther is useless, because Negi has shown some insane mental resistance and willpower, Diane is useless for obvious reasons, Ban cannot really do much to Negi, Negi boosts his attributes with Magic, and Negi can constantly boost himself with Magia Erebea so his snatch abilities wouldn't help. If all the sins are here, then he loses for sure, because i'm confident he can take Meliodas but not both Escanor and Meliodas. If its the sins pictured, Negi stomps all of them leaving it to only be a fight between Mel and Negi. Which i think Negi takes the majority easily.

In Round 2 its an absolute stomp since he has several of his teammates abilities now at his disposal, spawnable knives controlled by TK, mind reading book, magic canceling swords, cloaks that can BFR, healing spells, etc. He has way too much at disposal in round 2.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Naji seems very powerful

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a long time since I read Negima. It's almost never talked about around here it seems.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:

@giliad_: Nagi is Negi's father

Is Nagi stronger than Negi

It can be argued that Negi surpassed him, but that would have been post UQ holder which is a couple of decades after when the original series ended. EOS Negi seems to still be quite below Nagi. This is why I wished they showed him off more often in the series, there's some scaling involved, it's relatively simple, but Nagi is above Rakan, Eva and Fate. Negi is dead equal with fate, Negi had to use all kinds of prep and trump cards to eventually take down Rakan(Rakan wasn't even going all out in the fight) and Evangeline is beyond Fate and Negi(EOS) and is above Rakan as well. Everyone I just mentioned has been beaten down by Nagi at one point.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a long time since I read Negima. It's almost never talked about around here it seems.

It isn't. I'm gonna bring it back. Negima was originally swung around by a guy named @funsiized

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It isn't. I'm gonna bring it back. Negima was originally swung around by a guy named funsiized

I see. Negima was a good manga. Good luck in bringing it back. Most times threads with relatively obscure manga characters aren't too successful. I'd need to refresh myself on some of the finer points tbh. Don't know if it's worth the effort, unless there's going to be a lot of new threads with characters from the series, or I was planning to do a CaV or something. I've also still got to catch up on UQ Holder. I fell behind about a year ago, and haven't caught back up.

bachh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bachh2

@deathhero61: Nagi fight against Eva was simply being a dick though

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatarreiko said:
@deathhero61 said:

@giliad_: Nagi is Negi's father

Is Nagi stronger than Negi

It can be argued that Negi surpassed him, but that would have been post UQ holder which is a couple of decades after when the original series ended. EOS Negi seems to still be quite below Nagi. This is why I wished they showed him off more often in the series, there's some scaling involved, it's relatively simple, but Nagi is above Rakan, Eva and Fate. Negi is dead equal with fate, Negi had to use all kinds of prep and trump cards to eventually take down Rakan(Rakan wasn't even going all out in the fight) and Evangeline is beyond Fate and Negi(EOS) and is above Rakan as well. Everyone I just mentioned has been beaten down by Nagi at one point.

Negi did eventually surpass Nagi. In UQ Negi killed Nagi, who was possessed by the MotB. Current Negi is stronger than Eva and Fate (who is now stronger than Eva) combined.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: Would you actually put Fate over Eva? I would say Eva is still somewhat superior.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Eva, Mana, Zazie, and Chachamaru said they couldn't beat him. Eva only stalemated him because she got a sneak attack on him and messed with the environment. Fate also seemed confident enough to stomp Rakan.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DeathHero61

@beaconofstrength said:

@deathhero61: Eva, Mana, Zazie, and Chachamaru said they couldn't beat him. Eva only stalemated him because she got a sneak attack on him and messed with the environment. Fate also seemed confident enough to stomp Rakan.

I wouldn't say that, Fate said he had a good chance at beating her, but even Eva boasted about how the fight wouldn't end how he expected it would due to her being an immortal and Fate simply being unaging. If Eva used the same spell she used against the other averrencus dolls, i feel she could have sealed Fate easily. And stomping rakan? Rakan was stomping fate, until fate brought in the code of the lifemaker, Fate knew he was going to lose.....

Edit: BTW is Escanor in this fight??? That may be a deciding factor on whether or not Negi wins.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

I wouldn't say that, Fate said he had a good chance at beating her, but even Eva boasted about how the fight wouldn't end how he expected it would due to her being an immortal and Fate simply being unaging. If Eva used the same spell she used against the other averrencus dolls, i feel she could have sealed Fate easily.

You're underestimating UQ Holder Fate. Chachamaru, Mana, Zazie, and Eva tried to take him in UQ, but realized, and admitted they couldn't beat him. Fate already stalemated her once, while caught off guard, and at a terrain disadvantage.

And stomping rakan? Rakan was stomping fate, until fate brought in the code of the lifemaker, Fate knew he was going to lose.....

Fate already no-sold Rakan's strongest punch, and the CotLM had no helping in that. Negi was confirmed to be more powerful than Rakan by their last fight, yet Fate was an even match for Negi. He's also numerous times faster than Rakan, who had issue keeping up with RT1 Negi, which is literally 10 times slower than RT2 Negi. And Fate already blitzed the living hell out of Rakan in UQ Holder, and was about to kill him, until he was interrupted by tMotB.

BTW is Escanor in this fight??? That may be a deciding factor on whether or not Negi wins.

Yes, every sin is present in this fight.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

I wouldn't say that, Fate said he had a good chance at beating her, but even Eva boasted about how the fight wouldn't end how he expected it would due to her being an immortal and Fate simply being unaging. If Eva used the same spell she used against the other averrencus dolls, i feel she could have sealed Fate easily.

You're underestimating UQ Holder Fate. Chachamaru, Mana, Zazie, and Eva tried to take him in UQ, but realized, and admitted they couldn't beat him. Fate already stalemated her once, while caught off guard, and at a terrain disadvantage.

What chapter was this?

And stomping rakan? Rakan was stomping fate, until fate brought in the code of the lifemaker, Fate knew he was going to lose.....

Fate already no-sold Rakan's strongest punch, and the CotLM had no helping in that. Negi was confirmed to be more powerful than Rakan by their last fight, yet Fate was an even match for Negi. He's also numerous times faster than Rakan, who had issue keeping up with RT1 Negi, which is literally 10 times slower than RT2 Negi. And Fate already blitzed the living hell out of Rakan in UQ Holder, and was about to kill him, until he was interrupted by tMotB.

BTW is Escanor in this fight??? That may be a deciding factor on whether or not Negi wins.

Yes, every sin is present in this fight.

Then Negi loses round 1. And just barely wins round 2. Escanor is a hard counter to Negi IMO I'd argue that Escanor takes him by himself.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@deathhero61:

What chapter was this?

Don't remember the exact chapter, but it's right before Negi comes to earth. They tried to gang up on Fate.

I'd argue that Escanor takes him by himself.

Escanor would get stomped in a 1v1. Negi is dozens upon dozens of times faster, and is physically superior in every way. EOS Negima Negi is pushing mach 7000, which Escanor is no where near.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DeathHero61

@beaconofstrength said:

@deathhero61:

What chapter was this?

Don't remember the exact chapter, but it's right before Negi comes to earth. They tried to gang up on Fate.

I'd argue that Escanor takes him by himself.

Escanor would get stomped in a 1v1. Negi is dozens upon dozens of times faster, and is physically superior in every way. EOS Negima Negi is pushing mach 7000, which Escanor is no where near.

Thanks

Woah really???? I know he got an amp near the end after his fight with Dynamis, but wasn't his initial speed(before his later improvements) only Mach 400? You know like the average speed of lightning? Where did you get Mach 7000 from?

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@deathhero61:

Woah really???? I know he got an amp near the end after his fight with Dynamis, but wasn't his initial speed(before his later improvements) only Mach 400? You know like the average speed of lightning? Where did you get Mach 7000 from?

Negi is mach 440 in RT1, but when goes RT2, he can move up to mach 6600. This was confirmed in Negima's official databook, which is the extra pages after every volume. Lighting Averruncus are as fast as RT2, too. Negi just went Berserk during the Dynamis fight, he didn't actually receive an upgrade.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DeathHero61

@beaconofstrength: Ah, okay, as long as its official. That feat blows the fan calcs for Galan out of the water........geez. As for Escanor, how does he counter sunshine? If i were to compare Escanor(and/or Meliodas) to anyone i would compare him to Rakan in terms of physicals, and i think that's enough to fight back in a similar way to Rakan during the tournament.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@deathhero61: What makes you think he is faster than the sins? Just curious, nothing about ht speed feats are quantifiable, and by your same logic of lightning speed, one can say the same of the sins. At least Escanor, and Meliodas.

No Caption Provided

So not sure what quantifiable speed or stated speed you have for proof of being any faster.

@beaconofstrength said:

@deathhero61:

Negi is mach 440 in RT1, but when goes RT2, he can move up to mach 6600. This was confirmed in Negima's official databook, which is the extra pages after every volume. Lighting Averruncus are as fast as RT2, too. Negi just went Berserk during the Dynamis fight, he didn't actually receive an upgrade.

Ok so a data book confirms and states the speed?

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@sirfizzwhizz:

Yeah, at the end of every volume there's a data book called Lexicon Negimarium explaining powers (not actually hyperbole), location size, distance, Latin translations, and other things of that nature. Negi was already confirmed to be able to go mach 440 on panel with RT1, but able to move up to mach 6600 when in RT2, according to the Lexicon.

I'm looking for the exact volume which it was explained.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DeathHero61

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@deathhero61: What makes you think he is faster than the sins? Just curious, nothing about ht speed feats are quantifiable, and by your same logic of lightning speed, one can say the same of the sins. At least Escanor, and Meliodas.

So not sure what quantifiable speed or stated speed you have for proof of being any faster.

@beaconofstrength said:

@deathhero61:

He is literally stated to move at the speed of lightning(in the manga they referenced the exact speed of average lightning, and several times throughout the series the constantly spam the word usage "speed of lightning" or "lightning speed" as for speed feats, Fate Averruncus reacted to a orbital laser on two separate occasions.

http://imgur.com/a/h3OjR

Here's the second time.

To be fair in regards to the databook, its legit, Akamatsu is a good writer when it comes to knowing how powerful his characters are, and where to place them. You won't ever see an asspull in Negima.(like a legit character being beat down by a far weaker character.) He always add details about the characters and what they can do. And goes in depth. And like i said within the own series, the speed was constantly mentioned and stated.

BTW in regards to your comparison of Meliodas and Escanor to Negi in regards to speed, that's kind of a bad comparison first of all, i believe it was @mr_ingenuity but he argued that the lightning created by gilthunder isn't as fast as average lightning, and if it is, it would be a little bit slower due to delay in output.(They fire off when Gil launches them, if you notice in gil and mel's first fight, gil moved his sword and the lightning came down.) the speed of said lightning isn't stated or referenced like Negi's speed is,(like its legit all over the series, its as if they don't want you to forget.) also, Negi's speed doubled, when he went from his first form RT to RT2.(in his fight against Rakan, Rakan although just barely was reacting okay in order to hit Negi's first form, as soon as he hit the second state, Rakan could no longer keep up the same way at that point.) Negi also at one point died and gained immortality due to Magia Erebea and ended up being just like his master Evangeline, he received a huge amp when he revived.(ironically both Fate and Negi gained an amp at the same time) Fate was keeping up with someone who had a similar ability to Negi's RT2 that i mentioned before, even after that, Negi was still blitzing and dominating Fate.

Back to what i was saying in regards to the differences. In NNT ALL stats matter, and versatility and skill play huge factors,(you can easily say the same for negima but wait.) You cannot tell how big the difference is between certain levels of ability in NNT. This is why the sins are all so formidable, even to each other if they ever fought one another. So many variables. But in Negi's case, he was simply too fast for certain opponents and that was easy to understand due to the heavy emphasis on speed in Negima/UQ Holder.

Edit: Yes i know of those feats,(this is me we're talking about, remember?) But Negi scaled at a far more ridiculous rate in terms of speed. Galan, one of the fastest character in the series, most impressive speed feat was calcd at no greater than Mach 3000 and it wasn't even stated, it was a fan calc btw. That's beyond the speed of average lightning(which Mel reacted to while weak) And beacon already filled you in on Negi's upper levels of speed.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@deathhero61: Mr I says a lot of things that can be argued in comparison, lightning is not always a accurate way to measure. I merely brought it up to compare vague lightning feats to vague lightning feats.

I also already conceded the notion when Beacon posted already that we have "stated" speeds of said characters. So I already drop it.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ungas123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers