Naruto vs Sun Wukong

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Its 8th February 2016 - Chinese New Year and the year of the Monkey! Greetings to all Chinese (If any around), and have a happy and prosperous New Year.

So let's have Sun Wukong in a fictional battle again.

I would like to ask Naruto fans to help out to determine which minimum transformation of Naruto is capable of taking on Sun Wukong on more or less an equal level:

• Sage Mode?
  • Kyuubi Cloak Mode?
  • Tailed Beast Mode?
  • Bijuu Mode?
  • Bijuu Sage Mode?
  • or... Rikudo Sage Mode?

Conditions

• No holds barred, except all are still in-character
  • Sun Wukong cannot use the immobilization spell (They only work on mooks anyway)
  • Naruto and Sun Wukong knows of each other beforehand, so while its kind of a friendly competition, both would know of each other weaknesses and the no-holds-barred rules means they are allowed to exploit weaknesses if they are able to.
  • No prep-time
  • No outside help from others
  • Battle takes place on a huge valley of mountains
  • Win via opponent getting knocked out, incapacitated, or killed (If that's even possible for a friendly competition)

So who wins? Which mode of Naruto is competent enough to match up with Wukong in terms of battle feats?

Discuss!

newcomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What can sun wukong do?

XAtsukiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure from what i have read on here and other places about the actual Sun Wukong no version of naruto would match him or even close. But i could be wrong.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DonatelloRawks

@xatsukix said:

Pretty sure from what i have read on here and other places about the actual Sun Wukong no version of naruto would match him or even close. But i could be wrong.

Don't trust the battle wiki and forum discussions. Those are rumors and misinformation spread and exaggerated to massive proportions and spread like wildfire. Most Chinese who read the novel will laugh at the battle forums if they actually stumbled upon Comicvine.

@newcomer said:

What can sun wukong do?

See spoiler tags for a rough idea of what Sun Wukong can do, and maybe you might want to see if any mode of Naruto has feats that can match up to Wukong's best feats.

Sun Wukong's REAL Feats (I'll post this as often as I need to)

Here is a simple compilation of Wukong's best feats, with references to source - an actual translated version of the 16th century Chinese novel:

Source: http://www.chine-informations.com/fichiers/jourwest.pdf

• Wukong's best FIGHTING feats were his wrecking havoc on Heaven. Page 72 to 74 saw him forcing back the 100,000 troops of Heaven with his multiple clones magic trick. Page 87 to 90 saw him freed from Lao Zi's cauldron and he started his rampage on heaven, where he was forced into a corner. Notice that the 100,000 troops of heaven were feat-less other than they were "fighting fiercely". None of these feats suggested him threatening the universe, galaxy, or even planet.
  • Wukong's best DESTRUCTIVE feat was busting a mountain. Page 207 sees him doing that to free himself after Buddha's magic imprisonment seal was released.
  • Sun Wukong's REGENERATION CAPABILITY was shown in page 643 to 645: He can regrow his head and can sew up his own stomach at will after cutting it open.
  • Wukong's best battle-relevant MAGIC TRICK was his size-changing. Page 848-849 shows Sun Wukong and the Bull Demon King grew to extreme sizes and clashes with each other, which draws the attention of the Taoist pantheon. Notice that there is still nothing stated of him beyond mountain/country-busting.
  • Wukong's weapon of choice is the magic staff, which can also grow and shrink at will. It weighs less than 10 tons, as described in page 41. Page 41-42 also shows that Wukong grew into, depending on the translation, a 100,000 feet or 10,000 feet tall giant, with his magic staff also growing to touch heaven and hell, which is literally the earth and the sky. Notice that there's nothing stated of any feat spanning the planet/galaxy/universe. The concept of the modern universe is completely foreign to the author of Journey to the West.
    • There indeed is a mention of the magic staff being able to "hold up the Milky Way" in page 39. HOWEVER, please understand the context. For the ancient Chinese it is referring to the Heavenly River, which again as I had mentioned, knows nothing about the actual Milky Way. Besides, the magic staff's subsequent feats never match up to anywhere near planet level.
  • Wukong wasn't omnipotent at all: Amongst Wukong's many problems he faced which he alone can't solve, was the Red Boy. He was overwhelmed by the Red Boy's magical fires in Page 570-572. Returning for a second round nearly killed him, as seen in Page 575-577. This is consistent with the novel's portrayal of Sun Wukong having regular trouble against earth-bound demons who aren't even planet-level.
  • Another event that obviously demonstrates that Wukong isn't planet level was that he was pinned down by the weight of 3 mountains. Read Page 464 to 466. If his hax was that good why did he ask for help from the mountain gods to free him?
  • There are even more adventures that the monkey god went through, but all those feats are of his great fighting abilities and use of quick wits, not his magic hax.

In short, none of Wukong's feats put him anywhere close to planet level or beyond.

Also, Sun Wukong never held up the galaxy with his magic staff. He never busted a galaxy, he never busted a star, he never even busted a planet. There was never any mention of a universe that we understand in our context today. The novel has never said that. He doesn't have the feats for that. Enough said.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xatsukix said:

Don't trust the battle wiki and forum discussions. Those are rumors and misinformation spread and exaggerated to massive proportions and spread like wildfire. Most Chinese who read the novel will laugh at the battle forums if they actually stumbled upon Comicvine.

@newcomer said:

What can sun wukong do?

See spoiler tags for a rough idea of what Sun Wukong can do, and maybe you might want to see if any mode of Naruto has feats that can match up to Wukong's best feats.

Here is a simple compilation of Wukong's best feats, with references to source - an actual translated version of the 16th century Chinese novel:

• Wukong's best FIGHTING feats were his wrecking havoc on Heaven. Page 72 to 74 saw him forcing back the 100,000 troops of Heaven with his multiple clones magic trick. Page 87 to 90 saw him freed from Lao Zi's cauldron and he started his rampage on heaven, where he was forced into a corner. Notice that the 100,000 troops of heaven were feat-less other than they were "fighting fiercely". None of these feats suggested him threatening the universe, galaxy, or even planet.
  • Wukong's best DESTRUCTIVE feat was busting a mountain. Page 207 sees him doing that to free himself after Buddha's magic imprisonment seal was released.
  • Wukong's best battle-relevant MAGIC TRICK was his size-changing. Page 848-849 shows Sun Wukong and the Bull Demon King grew to extreme sizes and clashes with each other, which draws the attention of the Taoist pantheon. Notice that there is still nothing stated of him beyond mountain/country-busting.
  • Wukong's weapon of choice is the magic staff, which can also grow and shrink at will. It weighs less than 10 tons, as described in page 41. Page 41-42 also shows that Wukong grew into, depending on the translation, a 100,000 feet or 10,000 feet tall giant, with his magic staff also growing to touch heaven and hell, which is literally the earth and the sky. Notice that there's nothing stated of any feat spanning the planet/galaxy/universe. The concept of the modern universe is completely foreign to the author of Journey to the West.
    • There indeed is a mention of the magic staff being able to "hold up the Milky Way" in page 39. HOWEVER, please understand the context. For the ancient Chinese it is referring to the Heavenly River, which again as I had mentioned, knows nothing about the actual Milky Way. Besides, the magic staff's subsequent feats never match up to anywhere near planet level.
  • Wukong wasn't omnipotent at all: Amongst Wukong's many problems he faced which he alone can't solve, was the Red Boy. He was overwhelmed by the Red Boy's magical fires in Page 570-572. Returning for a second round nearly killed him, as seen in Page 575-577. This is consistent with the novel's portrayal of Sun Wukong having regular trouble against earth-bound demons who aren't even planet-level.
  • Another event that obviously demonstrates that Wukong isn't planet level was that he was pinned down by the weight of 3 mountains. Read Page 464 to 466. If his hax was that good why did he ask for help from the mountain gods to free him?
  • Sun Wukong's REGENERATION CAPABILITY was shown in page 643 to 645: He can regrow his head and can sew up his own stomach at will after cutting it open.
  • There are even more adventures that the monkey god went through, but all those feats are of his great fighting abilities and use of quick wits, not his magic hax.

In short, none of Wukong's feats put him anywhere close to planet level or beyond.

Also, Sun Wukong never held up the galaxy with his magic staff. He never busted a galaxy, he never busted a star, he never even busted a planet. There was never any mention of a universe that we understand in our context today. The novel has never said that. He doesn't have the feats for that. Enough said.

Based solely on that, I think that he can take on at least Bijuu Mode, but without speed feats from him, I would be more conservative and say KCM.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks said:
@xatsukix said:

@newcomer said:

What can sun wukong do?

Based solely on that, I think that he can take on at least Bijuu Mode, but without speed feats from him, I would be more conservative and say KCM.

Well, Sun Wukong's speed feats are hypersonic if interpreting the Journey to the West novel very literally (Which is not a very good way due to the novel's massive use of hyperbole and metaphors). He is able to travel thousands of miles in a single leap.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight said:
@donatellorawks said:
@xatsukix said:

@newcomer said:

What can sun wukong do?

Well, Sun Wukong's speed feats are hypersonic if interpreting the Journey to the West novel very literally (Which is not a very good way due to the novel's massive use of hyperbole and metaphors). He is able to travel thousands of miles in a single leap.

I understand, I hoped that we had some battle speed feats for him, well, for now, I say that he is between KCM and BM based on what I know.

newcomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: if thats all, I can see kcm naruto beating him and bijuu mode stomping.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks said:
@hiddenlight said:
@donatellorawks said:
@xatsukix said:

@newcomer said:

What can sun wukong do?

I understand, I hoped that we had some battle speed feats for him, well, for now, I say that he is between KCM and BM based on what I know.

@newcomer said:

@donatellorawks: if thats all, I can see kcm naruto beating him and bijuu mode stomping.

So based on what I gather about Naruto so far, he's at least mountain-level in his more powerful modes? Which tier do you consider him? My understanding is that Superman and Thor are high-tier. So where should the likes of Naruto be placed at?

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the feats above, I'd say sage mode could give him a real run for his money and KCM should be more then enough to take him down.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight said:
@donatellorawks said:
@hiddenlight said:
@donatellorawks said:
@xatsukix said:

@newcomer said:

What can sun wukong do?

@newcomer said:

So based on what I gather about Naruto so far, he's at least mountain-level in his more powerful modes? Which tier do you consider him? My understanding is that Superman and Thor are high-tier. So where should the likes of Naruto be placed at?

Confirmed multi-country level possibly even Multi-continent level*

Naruto top tiers are powerful, but aren't planetary, except for Kaguya (Some people argue that she is universal, but I don't take this seriously).

newcomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: well a lot of people (including myself) think it would be a close match between him and n52 wonderwoman. So maybe high midtier-low high tier.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Didn't Sun Wukong solo heaven which includes sun busters and balance galaxies on his pole on some shizz?

Nope he didn't. Read Post number 4 of this thread for Sun Wukong's REAL feats.

XAtsukiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks Gotta find it hilarious when only one person claims what they said as REAL feats and they know the authors "intentions" on his usage of words. Not saying anyone's wrong but shouldn't go around spouting that honestly. In your opinion that is what you believe to be TRUE which doesn't make them total facts which i'm sure some are actually taken straight from the book. So all the other discussions on this and such are false cause what? Cause you said so? What makes this discussion so much truer than the other ones is it cause you said so and put "REAL facts"? But i have seen people who have read the books as well say the total opposite of you so yeah.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xatsukix said:

@donatellorawks Gotta find it hilarious when only one person claims what they said as REAL feats and they know the authors "intentions" on his usage of words. Not saying anyone's wrong but shouldn't go around spouting that honestly. In your opinion that is what you believe to be TRUE which doesn't make them total facts which i'm sure some are actually taken straight from the book. So all the other discussions on this and such are false cause what? Cause you said so? What makes this discussion so much truer than the other ones is it cause you said so and put "REAL facts"? But i have seen people who have read the books as well say the total opposite of you so yeah.

Oh really? Almost no one argued when I put out these real feats of Sun Wukong. The vast majority of the posters who claimed Sun Wukong is universal/galaxy BS, shut their mouths when I put out those feats and demanded for them to do the same. The remaining just ranted at me. If they really are correct then they should prove it. So far none have.

Those who still claimed the "universal/galaxy feats" despite reading the novel is because of their interpretation of the novel, which I deemed as contrary to the common conventions of Comicvine - Don't cross-universe compare feats, or more specifically, they are analyzing the ancient text with the modern context and understanding of modern cosmology.

I don't meant to be rude, but their basic way of interpreting is pretty much laughed upon by Comicvine, which would have been if it had not been for the fact that Journey to the West is obscure and is a less obvious example.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SirNeko

@xatsukix said:

Donatello is the only person on the website who posted a PDF of the Novel so people can read it and debunk his feats, nobody did it. He is the only person who has proven that he knows what he is talking about Wukong while every other person giving out feats wants us to trust what he is saying. Donatello can probably paste you the PDF and you can read all about it, he even added page numbers to the feats, doing all the hard work for you, you didn't even put enough time into his post to see the page numbers and went straight into calling him out.

The whole difference in Donatello and other people giving feat is exactly what Donatello said, he is taking things literally. Literally as the Universe in Novel isn't as big as we know it is. He is taking everything in size what people when writing the Novel thought things were, this is a big difference and the right way to take feats. For example when people have planetary feats, we ask how big are planets in said Universe and is there a way to prove how big they are, different authors have different sizes for celestial objects and Universes.

Same goes when DC has Multiversal characters, before Convergence Multiversal meant the power of 52 Universes, after Convergence Multiversal means the power of infinite Multiverses. Big difference.

What is lame is that this website is all about feats and proof. When Donatello finally comes out with feats and proof of those feats people start calling him out. When people came to this website with feats and no proof nobody questioned those feats and just accepted them, it's more than hypocritical. Donatello is doing the good work nobody else wanted to do.

XAtsukiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks:Well for all i know only some can be totally true of what you said or all. I would actually have to read all of it. The only thing i don't like is people saying they have "fact" when in actuality it is their opinion on the authors "interpreted words" because aren't you also interpreting the novel a certain way? Especially as you said it the author uses very obscure words to explain certain feats. I wasn't trying to rag on you or say you are totally wrong or anything. But to say yours is fact and don't trust anyone elses debate is a bit blah to me that's all. I haven't seen them laughed towards at all in the treads that i read about sun wukong in fact the threads were going strong with people debating without people being talked down to. But as i said not trying to rag was just stating my opinion on the matter sorry if it came off as "coming at you" or something.

@sirneko Yeah i called him out on him calling them facts when clearly no one here knows the authors intent. Do you know the intent of his words? Does he know the litteral versions of the authors obscure words? Obviously no neither one of you do. It doesn't matter how he takes it the fact is it is HIS interpretation of the novel just like everyone else so the claim that all the other debates and such that i have read are false just absolutely isn't the case. HE just stated how obscure the novel is when it comes to feats so it isn't right for him to say they are fact when in actuality it is HIS interpretation of those obscure words. I also said some of what he said could be true hell all of it could be true but we will never know exactly what that author meant so there is peoples own interpretations and how well they can bring them too the table. And your whole Planetary argument makes no sense here as authors usually aren't super obscure about those things and arent using words that are like " welp I'm confused on whether hes talking about a planet or a whole different plane." or what not.

Also just curious as to why you had to respond to me when clearly i wasn't speaking towards you? I mean if he's a friend or what not i understand but i was trying to find out from him himself no one else as no one else is going to be able to explain for him.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xatsukix: Oh my god you are so dense, I wrote a whole reply and you read none of it as seem from this reply.

Yes my planet example makes perfect sense, different fictions show celestial objects at different sizes. When people argued that Jin-Mori is planet level I had to debunk that the planet they see in the comic isn't even remotely close to Earth in size. That doesn't make him planet level, even if it's considered a planet in that comic book.

I called you out on you bullshit reply to a person who clearly wrote out feats and added page numbers, while every other person who argues for Wukong never cites sources.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sun Wukong, no contest. He tanked Hou Yi's arrows, which did destroy suns, and said it was nothing. They can't hurt him at all. There's also his thrashing of 28+ cosmic bodies....

He deflected lightning from Ne Zha and make the earth shake while fighting him, while immensely holding back- Chapter 4 page 57-59

The Nine Bright Shiners, were actual stars, they held the power of stars, they were no match for Monkey despite attacking him at once- Chapter 5 page 69-72

XAtsukiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: Aww someone got upset. Im sorry my opinion offended you. So what exactly you gonna use? Your own interpretation of what you see then? so no ones allowed to think differently? How do you know the authors intent wasnt to make that a actual size of a planet just his drawing style is different in showing things? hmmm? Exactly you don't. You can put your reasons for why you think and so forth and if they are better than the other persons then well guess you win that debate but what if someone has a better reason than you that it is a planet? you just gonna say NUPE?

Yeah ok go read some actual sun wukong debates on here then come back cause the ones i have read has had people actually stating pages and what not. Silly of you to think that no one ever does site besides this guy. Secondly i will not be replying to you anymore as you seem salty and i wasn't trying to even talk to you in the first place :) hope you have a great day. Any further replies from you will be ignored so please don't waste the effort of typing back :).

JoseLoayza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Donatello Is the only one who gives incomplete book quotations and not say

'Smoke' + Ctrl + f is no argument.

I have read all your 'arguments' and you do not present anything.

For example in chapter 7 is the number ten thousand.

"I can do many tricks indeed," the Great Sage replied. "I can perform seventy−two transformations, and I can preserve my youth for ten thousand kalpas. I can ride a somersault cloud that takes me thirty−six thousand miles at a single jump. So why shouldn't I sit on the throne of Heaven?"

Both numbers are a Chinese hyperbole.

10,000 and Kalpa both terms mean infinite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_thousand_years

You enclose the powers of Wukong as easy as to google your data and its meaning in Chinese.

Mahfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sun Wukong solo'd Heaven that had armies of deities that could shoot down Suns...

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wukong

Avatar image for nahidarespecter
nahidarespecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wukong is one of those characters with ambiguous feats and statements based off different interpretations

in the original novel the heavenly warriors working for jade emperor do have at least star level scaling since they can shoot down stars

anyway, wukong haxstomps naruto

he cannot be killed since he has multiple layers of immortality and he outhaxes and outspeeds him

Ilyas97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Son wo kung kills him in a horribly one sided match.

MultiVelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wukong negs the verse lmao

huebusy777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter: wrong. you mean "wukong would evaporate the naruto verse"

Avatar image for deactivated-64cf38a3f2756
deactivated-64cf38a3f2756

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're not omnipotent you can't beat the monkey king. He can become a copy of you (if you're not omnipotent) and then clone himself over eight thousand times. He also has to be killed 72 times to stay dead which you can't do because he's immortal. He's actually stacking multiple levels of immortality such as having his mortality burned away by magical flames, alchemical immortality pills, magical fruit of immortality, removing his name from the book of mortals, and more.

He might be the most unfair character in all of fiction.